Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Whoolighams posted:

there's been four episodes, there is no such thing as a Collision Move yet at all lol

what exactly is the phenomenon where people like this dipshit and WWE stans decided Collision is the actual good show? not saying it's bad, I've been enjoying two hours of AEW on my lazy Sunday afternoons but there's examples in and out of this thread where people treat it as some massively different divergence from AEW proper

So that on Week 4 they can do this and go "Aww man, I like the old Collision"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Gumball Gumption posted:

So that on Week 4 they can do this and go "Aww man, I like the old Collision"

Yeah two weeks from now there will be a viral tweet where someone posts a gif from collision and is like. Old collision used to hit different fr.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

boxcarhobo posted:

it has cm punk and no elite guys

And Leslie Lee Trips has decided all hinges and centers around Punk for... some reason.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Kennel posted:

After three weeks they'll start posting how Tony had a winning hand, but he ruined it like a buffoon.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

drat remember how good the Collision intro when it was just old stock footage not updated weekly? No wonder the ratings are so low.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm already tired of Collision discourse. It's a good show but Christ, they're not reinventing the wheel here.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Whoolighams posted:

there's been four episodes, there is no such thing as a Collision Move yet at all lol

what exactly is the phenomenon where people like this dipshit and WWE stans decided Collision is the actual good show? not saying it's bad, I've been enjoying two hours of AEW on my lazy Sunday afternoons but there's examples in and out of this thread where people treat it as some massively different divergence from AEW proper

a million hours of television each week has created a generation of take-havers who only pick things up passively, either because they're looking at their phone for the whole show, or they're not watching at all and picking things up through social media osmosis. in this state reality becomes whatever you wanted it to be in the first place. it feels true and you "watched" the show, so it must be true. nobody else watched the show either so things that feel true do better in the marketplace of ideas than things that actually did occur. watch the show black mirror to learn more

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

insane last sentence

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Tony.. let's think about this.. is this really a "Collision" move?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Every one of these dudes wrote "Tony started out with something promising but fumbled the bag" in their drafts the second Punk came out with the bag

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

insane last sentence

wot if your tnt champ was a computer?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Whoolighams posted:

It doesn't have The Elite on it, therefore it's automatically Good despite being the exact same show booked by the exact same guy they spend the other 6 days of the week declaring the worst booker in the history of professional wresting.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Gumball Gumption posted:

Every one of these dudes wrote "Tony started out with something promising but fumbled the bag" in their drafts the second Punk came out with the bag

It's absolutely this. They're just setting up for the inevitable "I was a fan when..." because they got caught too many times saying "I hate AEW now!" And having literally no history of ever saying anything positive except in the past tense.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
a certified Raj Giri banger

https://twitter.com/TheRajGiri/status/1678157267022254080

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Worked for Brock and Roman

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I know I shouldn't ever click this poo poo or read the comments or whatever but my god "he blades on camera!!!" is their talking point now huh

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
I used to think when old school guys talked about tucking a blade in their lip it was bullshit, but I was ringside at Dynamite once and saw Mox sell on the floor, unwrap his wrist tape, pluck out a blade, and goddamn if he didn't tuck it into his lip. coolest poo poo I ever saw

Whoolighams fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Jul 10, 2023

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1678280708358561793

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

:boomshaka:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

This needs to be shouted from the moutain tops. Vince "acquired" a thriving territory from his father with at least two of the biggest - maybe the biggest in MSG - venues and arguably its biggest star in Andre.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I can't lie, I would like to see Paul Heyman with a billionaire father.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dawgstar posted:

This needs to be shouted from the moutain tops. Vince "acquired" a thriving territory from his father with at least two of the biggest - maybe the biggest in MSG - venues and arguably its biggest star in Andre.

MSG basically paying for the obscenely low purchase price is talked about a lot, and the huge Northeast media market, but the insane number of modern 10k+ seat arenas in the Northeast is an underrated one. Besides New York you had Philly, Baltimore, Boston and then even small cities like Hartford, Providence, Worcester and New Haven, plus the Meadowlands and Nassau right outside NYC. Just an embarrassment of riches.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Mr. Squishy posted:

I can't lie, I would like to see Paul Heyman with a billionaire father.

Didn't Paul get financial help from his dad who while not a billionaire was a pretty well off lawyer?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Paul Heyman is probably one of the worst businessmen in wrestling history who wasn't just a money mark so yeah, probably wouldn't compare Tony Khan to him

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Heyman also had a working deal with Vince and had a lot bankrolled by him. It’s almost like wrestling as a business endeavor is insanely expensive.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

MassRafTer posted:

MSG basically paying for the obscenely low purchase price is talked about a lot, and the huge Northeast media market, but the insane number of modern 10k+ seat arenas in the Northeast is an underrated one. Besides New York you had Philly, Baltimore, Boston and then even small cities like Hartford, Providence, Worcester and New Haven, plus the Meadowlands and Nassau right outside NYC. Just an embarrassment of riches.

The timing was also perfect. Vince Jr. came to power:
1) Just after the NWA's Los Angeles territory collapsed, so when Vince started syndicating TV there, he was now unopposed in the top 2 media markets in the US.
2) Just as the cable tv boom of the early-80's was taking place, so the WWF's existing relationship with the then-fledgling USA Network was crucial in its growth.
3) Just as Hulk Hogan was becoming disenfranchised with Verne Gagne's booking & money management.

If Vince Sr. got sick 5 years earlier, Vince Jr. would've found it MUCH harder to go national.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

The_Rob posted:

Heyman also had a working deal with Vince and had a lot bankrolled by him. It’s almost like wrestling as a business endeavor is insanely expensive.

He also had the credit card of Tommy Dreamer, or whoever it was.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The_Rob posted:

Vince didn't really bankroll that much of ECW, his payment were pretty minor and got more heavily involved late to be involved in ECW's bankruptcy...

But do you know who did bankroll ECW to the tune of millions? Paul Heyman's dad!

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
please never look up anything CM Punk has said about WWE after this one interview from 2019

https://twitter.com/TheEnemiesPE3/status/1678371765238595586

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Da808Monster/status/1678350910450180097

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/Da808Monster/status/1678364700453502977

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

"Casuals find stories in the actual wrestling matches" is like the antithesis of the Word of their Lord Rapist Vincent Kennedy McMahon.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Be nice to him, he's a Cowboys fan. He hasn't known joy since the 90s.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Love a situation where everyone is wrong.

https://twitter.com/TraderJackSD/status/1678523142464229378

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
I don’t know the situation either but QT Marshall vs Pentagon Jr in an ambulance match sounds fun :shrug:

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Alexander Hamilton posted:

I don’t know the situation either but QT Marshall vs Pentagon Jr in an ambulance match sounds fun :shrug:

that's most of the responses TBH

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

The fact that people still don’t get that QT understands wrestling better than most wrestlers is astonishing to me. He’s such a good easy heel who can be slotted into literally anywhere at any time and it will be a good time.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

It's a good match and Rush was not originally in this match. He was going to be in Adonis and Psycho vs Park and Rush in the mask tournament match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

The_Rob posted:

The fact that people still don’t get that QT understands wrestling better than most wrestlers is astonishing to me. He’s such a good easy heel who can be slotted into literally anywhere at any time and it will be a good time.

Well you see he was a jobber on Dark half the time and