Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Nihility is a fun path to SU

e: Oh hello Ruan Mei, for the first time

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jul 10, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I got Ruan Mei for the second time yesterday and it took a mid Hunt run of SU6 to some king poo poo. Full Hunt blessing datalog was a nice secondary bonus too.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
MoC run bombed out from my supports getting sniped to death before I can take a single action and I think I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna unironically give them all 4x guard of wuthering snow + 2x fleet of the ageless. 3 times in a row having to reset a run on turn 1 of the second half with 38 turns left because Pela or Tingyun got sniped down before I could take an action, no more. Goodbye cowboy set, you've served me well until now.

Actually now that I've shut the game down I think I see that the solution is to do the hard fight second and save up some support ults to intercept enemy damage. Still gonna do the tank thing.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Genuinely curious to find out if Ruan Mei is actually supposed to be some sort of Raiden Mei expy or not. Considering she seems affiliated with Space China and not a Space Japan I'm kind of having my doubts. Also you know...no purple color theme.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Doubt it because Raiden Mei's Mei with the Mandarin pronunciation is Yayi. The Mei in Ruan Mei is a completely unrelated phoneme.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Is she associated with Space China? As far as I know she's only been mentioned in Genius Society contexts.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Clarste posted:

Is she associated with Space China? As far as I know she's only been mentioned in Genius Society contexts.

Her name's Chinese and she looks pretty Chinese to me so she's probably from there, at the very least.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Kale posted:

Genuinely curious to find out if Ruan Mei is actually supposed to be some sort of Raiden Mei expy or not. Considering she seems affiliated with Space China and not a Space Japan I'm kind of having my doubts. Also you know...no purple color theme.

No, she's not Star Rail's Raiden Mei or Raiden Shogun/Ei.

Leak information: We are getting a Raiden Mei expy in the far future however, but we don't know exactly what she looks like or what her exact name will be.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
This MoC is really good for my team setups, wow.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

God, double calyxes hurts so much because I know it'll be gone soon.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

MoonCrab posted:

MoC run bombed out from my supports getting sniped to death before I can take a single action and I think I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna unironically give them all 4x guard of wuthering snow + 2x fleet of the ageless. 3 times in a row having to reset a run on turn 1 of the second half with 38 turns left because Pela or Tingyun got sniped down before I could take an action, no more. Goodbye cowboy set, you've served me well until now.

Actually now that I've shut the game down I think I see that the solution is to do the hard fight second and save up some support ults to intercept enemy damage. Still gonna do the tank thing.

Guard 2 piece and an HP or Def orb has done wonders for Luocha and Yukong.

Also if you want Fu Xuan then the Guard set is probably going to be her best set.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

Leraika posted:

This MoC is really good for my team setups, wow.

Heh, yeah, I’m sure I’ll be able to beat 10 with this buff and should have a decent shot at 30 stars.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Black Griffon posted:

God, double calyxes hurts so much because I know it'll be gone soon.

It's better than Genshin too because there you either get the event that gives just double Trace-equivalent items, or more usually the event that only gives either double EXP items or double cash.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Meh. Just spent 120 stamina on the TL60 erudition crimson calyx and got a grand total of 1 purple key from it. Not impressed.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
sounds like the same amount you'd have gotten if you'd spent 240 stamina on it yesterday

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

drat, it's a shame you can't convert blue keys to purple ones, that would be really useful

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Just pointing out that two lottery tickets does not feel substantially better than one. I would much rather have gotten double drop rates. Or just get shop currency that you can turn in for materials. As is, getting the purple material drop is rare enough even on one of the highest difficulties that it's a chore even with auto. Especially since the key calyx has those loving golden carolburst assholes with way too many goddamn HP.

And yes, you can convert blue to purple. But one, it's like 8 extra button presses from the trace screen, and two, getting a purple drop is functionally +50% total materials dropped, which is way too big a number for how poo poo the chances are.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

sounds like mihoyo really gatcha this time

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Skill issue.

But seriously the drop rates are terrible on purpose because it's a stamina sink.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Zurai posted:

Meh. Just spent 120 stamina on the TL60 erudition crimson calyx and got a grand total of 1 purple key from it. Not impressed.

Without the doubt drop event it's still guaranteed to drop 6 blue and 6 green drops which convert to 2.67 keys and it has a random chance to give you more greens or full purples at a decent rate. You average 3-4 each time you throw 60 stamina into a crimson calyx and while the event is active you'll average 7-8.

There's a little rng around the margins but not enough to affect things long term. Any stamina sink which isn't for relics will have a consistent resource return and right now calyx is twice what it normally is, which I appreciate since it'll cut a lot of time getting my second squad up to snuff.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'm trying to make it a point to not even look at the calyx drops. That will just make me obsess over what I'm missing and burn me out. I'm just going to grind everything out and level and trace everyone at the end of the week, that way I can set aside the weekend for grinding credits if I need to.

Right now I'm focusing on leveling Welt and Luocha to 70, and getting decent traces on those 2 and Yukong.

Also I've won the 50/50 on 3 banner characters in a row so I need to actually plan on losing out on Dragon Dan. The question then becomes do I build up one of my units I'm ignoring? Or do I then try for Fu Xuan and Lynx for team Quantum? One way will definitely be quicker as I have multiple characters over level 60 already, but mono Quantum will definitely be stronger. I will probably level and trace Jing Yuan since he's already level 67. I only dropped him because I pulled Luocha and Yukong.

Also please let us get double Stagnant Shadow drops soon. I need 170 mats for team Imaginary alone!

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
excited for double calyxes because it's more than normal yay video games

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I miss the previous Memory of Chaos already. :(

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Zurai posted:

Congrats on the good luck.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Statistics and odds do not mesh well with feelings, and that's a known issue with human brains.

This is a huge boost for me, I'll be able to get all my main team up to 80, traces up to 8, and maybe get more than 12* on moc this cycle!

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

Zurai posted:

Just pointing out that two lottery tickets does not feel substantially better than one. I would much rather have gotten double drop rates.

Given luck, you still miss the purple, and still have to complain that you didn't get any extra purple. (and then the less mat drops would stay the same). You get the extra purple or so anyway from conversion. Its not like there's more than one drop slot for it where you could get 3-4 purple drops

Batui
Mar 13, 2005

Amazing time to pull a 5 Star at like 15 pity when I have no EXP books left. Not at all annoyed that it's Clara and I had JUST finished getting Sushang's gold relics. Also my only destruction light cone I've leveled is Moles, despite it being S3 it doesn't look that good for her.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Batui posted:

Amazing time to pull a 5 Star at like 15 pity when I have no EXP books left. Not at all annoyed that it's Clara and I had JUST finished getting Sushang's gold relics. Also my only destruction light cone I've leveled is Moles, despite it being S3 it doesn't look that good for her.

Detheros posted:

Congrats on the good luck.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Clara was so fotm at release, but it seems attention to her has decreased.
Probably still want her just for the sake of collecting her.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

She's only gotten stronger with Loucha honestly

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

I'm still using her for my B team, same as always. She still explodes things just fine.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

What kind of poo poo could I expect to get from this if I went? https://twitter.com/honkaistarrail/status/1678386167786668036?t=FLymjABneNJIhFDNYPMD7w&s=19

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

let me know when I can order pizza for in-game items. Like a pizza shield cosmetic

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

GateOfD posted:

Its not like there's more than one drop slot for it where you could get 3-4 purple drops

There are six "drop slots", assuming you're doing the full 6-wave calyx. I've even gotten double purple drops before. It's just that the drop rate is somewhere around 5-10%, so getting two in six waves is quite rare.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

and it doesn't mean those slots can drop purple. like how your not gonna get a drop of all gold relics in a run, because most of the designated slots are gonna be 4*/3* no matter what

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Wait what? I thought the double event was supposed to give you a minimum of 4 purple drops on the crimson calyxes? Because that happened to me today and I was like oh well that's alright, I didn't expected more than that

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i do find it funny how often the sa thread brings up above average luck and plays it off as unfortunate. i guess i understand why the reddit disallows humble bragging lol

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

GateOfD posted:

and it doesn't mean those slots can drop purple. like how your not gonna get a drop of all gold relics in a run, because most of the designated slots are gonna be 4*/3* no matter what

What in the world are you talking about? The TL 60 crimson calyxes always drop 1 blue and 1 green per wave, with an absolutely tiny chance to drop an extra blue per wave (or maybe it's a failed roll for a purple, not sure and no way to tell), and, like I said, a low but present chance to drop a purple per wave. It is theoretically possible to get 6 purples and 6 blues from a single 60-stamina run of one of them. Those slots exist to drop purples, they're not cannibalizing blues or whatever other nonsense you've dreamed up.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

probably credits/lc exp/adventurer exp but you should go for the rest of us who aren't in california and report back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

do the servers dress as star rail characters