Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Shard posted:

So I just beat Act 1, am I right in thinking that the campaign is just one big map and I'm not going to different areas like the other games?

The campaign takes you around all areas of the map but tier 1%tier2 caps at lvl 50 and doing all sidequests and dungeons in the 1st area will bring you to close to 50 around the start of act 2 so... do not do side quests or dungeons, keep doing the campaign and you can return to side quests later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I hope the adjust the zoom feature. I feel like it's too zoomed out and the zoom in is too close. I just want to be able to see the enemy designs better. A lot of times it feels like I'm fighting names instead of creatures.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

Field Mousepad posted:

Yeah I really like how the boss fights are, having to actually pay attention to what's going on and not just smashing buttons makes it a whole lot more fun and engaging.

Yeah and all they changed is that the attacks are visually telegraphed.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I'm not sure what the physiology is, but the zoom level literally hurts my eyes. I'm constantly trying to scroll out to a wider view.

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy
Has anyone used a magic glyph on the paragon board?

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!

Shard posted:

I hope the adjust the zoom feature. I feel like it's too zoomed out

Mods???

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

MajorBonnet posted:

I'm not sure what the physiology is, but the zoom level literally hurts my eyes. I'm constantly trying to scroll out to a wider view.

I keep trying to zoom out because I reflexively want to see the changes in elevation and topography you can tell are there, but the standard zoom seems to squash flat. It's a pretty environment and it's a shame I can only ever zoom out to see more of it at a handful of predetermined vantage points.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Mr. Pickles posted:

The campaign takes you around all areas of the map but tier 1%tier2 caps at lvl 50 and doing all sidequests and dungeons in the 1st area will bring you to close to 50 around the start of act 2 so... do not do side quests or dungeons, keep doing the campaign and you can return to side quests later

Just a follow-up on this the campaign does NOT take you around all areas of the map.

There are multiple cities that you never visit at all if you only do main quests.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The poo poo people complain about like someone wupped their rear end red, Jesus

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

I'm going to need death throes to have a better audio queue before I get too far in hardcore. Is that a common complaint? I never had a problem detecting D2/3 ones.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Mr Newsman posted:

Yeah this is the worst part. Super tedious.

Ugh why do the gimmicks in interested always turn out to be the worst. Buff poison damage blizz.

When I run a pure frost mage in season 1, is that gonna suck rear end too?

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

The campaign doesn't even get near the capital of Khejistan, lmao

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I like all the boss fights I've had but the dungeons somehow feel as boring as a rift, outside of the boss fight. Maybe this changes in wt3+?

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice

big cummers ONLY posted:

I like all the boss fights I've had but the dungeons somehow feel as boring as a rift, outside of the boss fight. Maybe this changes in wt3+?

WT3+ is what I was looking for from the jump. Wt2 was insanely easy, maybe died 3-4 times during the campaign due to not seeing some CC in time.

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

helltides are the real party, jumping from event to event with randos actually feels like diablo

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
yeah, helltides are a great start. they need to up the mob density, and make them happen more than once every hour.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

SettingSun posted:

The campaign doesn't even get near the capital of Khejistan, lmao

You do go there but not until the very end?

big cummers ONLY posted:

Dungeons are basically rifts but without the timer and with a bunch of side objectives for variety that would probably be more fun (for some people anyway) if there were more of them and/or they involved fewer empty hallways?

It doesn't really change in WT3 but it might change with the density buff that is supposed to be coming in....S1? I don't remember when they said.

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jul 10, 2023

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Philthy posted:

yeah, helltides are a great start. they need to up the mob density, and make them happen more than once every hour.

Also make it easier to group. I get excited when I’m riding out of town next to someone, but then we hit a zone boundary and they get whisked off to another server never to return

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Dungeons would be fun if they had 50% less empty corridors and 100% more mob density.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

socialsecurity posted:

Dungeons would be fun if they had 50% less empty corridors and 100% more mob density.

Yeah this is what's driving my distaste for em. There's a lot of time spent running and not fighting in this game

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Soonmot posted:

Ugh why do the gimmicks in interested always turn out to be the worst. Buff poison damage blizz.

When I run a pure frost mage in season 1, is that gonna suck rear end too?

Unless the season 1 patch changes things frost mages are very strong.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Very upsetting that the barbarian weapon master stuff is all useless and there are 0 viable builds for it

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Brain Curry posted:

Also make it easier to group. I get excited when I’m riding out of town next to someone, but then we hit a zone boundary and they get whisked off to another server never to return

Adding more and bigger world events and bosses would be great. They take a few pages of the MMO playbook but I'd really love if more content worked like GW2 hearts or warhammer online public quests. There will 100% be a place for instanced dungeons in Diablo but more dynamic overworld content would be sweet.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Asproigerosis posted:

Very upsetting that the barbarian weapon master stuff is all useless and there are 0 viable builds for it

rend builds tell you to slot the two hand sword for hamstring i think, at least when leveling

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006

Tiny Timbs posted:

Does it explain why they would give the slightest poo poo about Sanctuary in the first place if they're so indifferent? It seems like they're very much not-indifferent because both sides keep showing up there.

Sanctuary inevitably ends up full of weird McMuffin gizmo crystals that can cause problems for one side or the other. It's also just the case that it'd be a nicer place to live than Hell for most demons, who also love torturing people and drinking blood and all the other kind of stuff demons do. Heaven are indifferent to sanctuary, but they also don't like the thought of Hell winning.

At one point in the game, during a side quest, you meet a fairly chill demon who explains that a big appeal for sanctuary for him is just like being able to sleep in a comfy bed and there's also a pretty good wine list, you know, earthly delights and stuff.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Kaysette posted:

Adding more and bigger world events and bosses would be great. They take a few pages of the MMO playbook but I'd really love if more content worked like GW2 hearts or warhammer online public quests. There will 100% be a place for instanced dungeons in Diablo but more dynamic overworld content would be sweet.

Since I picked up GW2 like 2 years ago, I keep wishing other games did more things like GW2. D4 could learn a lot about overworld content from it.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
Me and my friend group found the dungeon objectives be the worst part about dungeons. Overworld events are by far the most popular because they just let you kill stuff in waves.

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

Tokubetsu posted:

rend builds tell you to slot the two hand sword for hamstring i think, at least when leveling

I think he's talking about the weapon switching stuff, which, yeah, I have no idea how to build around that

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Make an event where all the demons are attackin a city and u gotta stop them, thatd be dope

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

The Grumbles posted:

At one point in the game, during a side quest, you meet a fairly chill demon who explains that a big appeal for sanctuary for him is just like being able to sleep in a comfy bed and there's also a pretty good wine list, you know, earthly delights and stuff.

Fate's Rest, I think? It's a whole rear end chain of fetching things, but it raised some real interesting questions. It's good.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
D2 Act 5 but it rotates to a new city each day would be a sick Season gimmick that becomes core feature when retired.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

socialsecurity posted:

My big hope is that the S1 Malignant tunnels fix this. Hopefully they are more linear and have less back tracking to complete dumb objectives and higher mob density.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

My definition of viable is probably a much lower bar than a lot of people, I am having a great time with a walking arsenal build. I'm blowing poo poo up in wt4 no problem. I mentioned before I clear entire rooms at once with iron maelstrom.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Shard posted:

I hope the adjust the zoom feature. I feel like it's too zoomed out and the zoom in is too close. I just want to be able to see the enemy designs better. A lot of times it feels like I'm fighting names instead of creatures.

Agreed. It can't be that hard to have the zoom be left to the user's preference (like Last Epoch's) to what we have now.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

big cummers ONLY posted:

Yeah this is what's driving my distaste for em. There's a lot of time spent running and not fighting in this game

No you don't understand. According to the Diablo 4 thread, anything that makes you waste your time doing things you don't want to do in this singleplayer game simply makes the things you want to do more meaningful. So, if you have to walk through all those empty corridors and backpedal through all those empty hallways you've already played through while you retrieve those door unlocking macguffins found in every other dungeon, well that's actually a good thing sorry.

Personally I think they should make movement speed 80% slower so when you finally do see enemies it's more exciting.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jul 10, 2023

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

SettingSun posted:

My definition of viable is probably a much lower bar than a lot of people, I am having a great time with a walking arsenal build. I'm blowing poo poo up in wt4 no problem. I mentioned before I clear entire rooms at once with iron maelstrom.

If they don't meet their bitching quota, their self-owns don't hit as hard and they're more likely to notice them.

I messed with a WA build with moves that granted berserking. I have no idea what it's like at high level, but it's pretty fun in the 40s. Death Blow feels so amazing to use on a chained pack.

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

SettingSun posted:

What skills are you using?

I built my barb mostly around 100% berserk uptime and some thorns/bleed, frenzy/double swing for general use and chains/death blow for wrecking packs in one shot

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Shredder posted:

What skills are you using?

I built my barb mostly around 100% berserk uptime and some thorns/bleed, frenzy/double swing for general use and chains/death blow for wrecking packs in one shot

Many apologies to the person who put together this build from around here but I cannot recall who it was.

https://d4builds.gg/builds/9dfe19a5-2b8e-49a9-9a59-8423159b64fe/

I swapped lunge was frenzy for no mechanical reason other than I don't like using lunge.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

GreatGreen posted:

No you don't understand. According to the Diablo 4 thread, anything that makes you waste your time doing things you don't want to do in this singleplayer game simply makes the things you want to do more meaningful. So, if you have to walk through all those empty corridors and backpedal through all those empty hallways you've already played through while you retrieve those door unlocking macguffins found in every other dungeon, well that's actually a good thing sorry.

Personally I think they should make movement speed 80% slower so when you finally do see enemies it's more exciting.

you complain a lot about people who disagree with you. it’s ok that not everyone thinks the same things. make peace with that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Time posted:

you complain a lot about people who disagree with you. it’s ok that not everyone thinks the same things. make peace with that

I don't "complain a lot." I complained about one or two things I didn't like about this game and the thread lost its collective poo poo about it, so I defended my position. It's called a "discussion" which can occasionally happen on discussion forums.