Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I’ve got G and Biollante arriving tomorrow and I’m honestly kinda dreading it, given how awful and broken their 2001 Ultimates were.

Fingers crossed they are both in great condition. Please post pics and a review if you fancy doing so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1678438767667863552?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
True story: When I was a kid I went to the beach with my family, and in the very first scoop of sand with my plastic shovel I unearthed a buried Chuckles figure.

That really hosed up my expectations for finding hidden treasure.

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

Endless Mike posted:

Absolutely wild to think Aliens and Predators can't carry their own toy lines.

There were the 90s toys,l which failed, the Alien Resurrection ones that failed, and most recently the fancy collectors targeted line which are expensive and lacking.

Play Arts is a different thing entirely, but did I miss out on a line?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
How're the Super 7 cartoon accurate Joe's? I had originally written them off for the price but with fewer releases and Amazon sales seems like more emanageable than classified.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

BooDooBoo posted:

There were the 90s toys,l which failed, the Alien Resurrection ones that failed, and most recently the fancy collectors targeted line which are expensive and lacking.

Play Arts is a different thing entirely, but did I miss out on a line?

Just to be clear, when you say the fancy collectors targeted line, you mean the NECA figures which have been going for over a decade now and are available at Target? Because I feel like that alone completely invalidates your position that they can't support a line, the fact that they have supported a line for years at mass market retailers.

But yeah you've also missed the Hiya Toys 1/18th scale line.

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

Gripweed posted:

Just to be clear, when you say the fancy collectors targeted line, you mean the NECA figures which have been going for over a decade now and are available at Target?

Target which doesn't exist outside the US?

NECA toys are expensive, hard to find, amd I've never had a good quality one, especially for the £45 they cost.

quote:

But yeah you've also missed the Hiya Toys 1/18th scale line.

1/18 is a heathen scale, to distract us from the true scale.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

In the us they are well stocked, plentiful and have been going for a decade :shrug:

I don’t think this is even current lol

Predator

Sorry you can’t find them in your area but these things aren’t failures lmao

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Walmart had those kid oriented Alien and Predator figs a while back too. Not sure how popular they are/were.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That like failed for sure.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

CelticPredator posted:

That like failed for sure.

I'm sure the fact that the paint on them was terrible had nothing to do with it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The fact that NECA didn’t prioritize distribution in every impoverished European island nation is not indicative of Alien’s standing as a franchise.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I think keeping Alien figures off the shelves was the main reason for Brexit

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Joe Fisto posted:

I'm sure the fact that the paint on them was terrible had nothing to do with it.

Kids don’t care about the paint but idk if kids really care about action figures unless they know it. Only people I see in the toy sections are adults lol

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Speaking of paint, I was out looking for the new Black Widow figure and found this guy. I like it overall, but I need to do something about those dull grey gauntlets and boots. Todd needs to not skimp out on the paint decos.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Tbh Todd skimping on the paint keeps his stuff under 20. Which is nice

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

CelticPredator posted:

Tbh Todd skimping on the paint keeps his stuff under 20. Which is nice

I’d pay a whole 5 extra bucks so I don’t have to paint it. Oh well. I can’t think of another Spawn character I’d want besides Chapel or skinny Violator so the line is almost done for me.

No way Liefeld let’s him make Chapel anyway. Pretty sure Spawn’s killer was retconned to be someone else.

Edit; the Spawn figs are already 25 at Target anyway

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jul 10, 2023

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
lol someone angered the aliens/predator fans

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

How're the Super 7 cartoon accurate Joe's? I had originally written them off for the price but with fewer releases and Amazon sales seems like more emanageable than classified.

I've only picked up Cobra Commander, but he's great; especially if you can get him on sale!

They did just have a paint snafu where Duke is painted as he's supposed to be, but Lady Jaye and Flint are just peach plastic. Duke I imagine is rad, the others would probably bug me if I tried to mix them with Duke...

I plan on trying to grab a Destro someday...

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

More perturbed but more so just on sheer ignorance lol

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

I wasn't really leaning on getting or keeping this guy but I might just to have him with that alt head, it makes me laugh.

Did anyone notice he comes with Soundwave? He's in tape mode.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I was angered.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Gripweed posted:

I was angered.

I don't even collect those guys, but as a neutral observer with no skin in the game, it's just factually incorrect to say they don't or wouldn't work as a toy line. Purely in terms of longevity, NECA's Aliens and Predator lines are clearly some of the most successful mass-market action figures of the past 20 years. And they're not even the only company currently making them!

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
Yeah, I even knew they were successful.

Man, that Chuckles. I ended up getting a Rock N Roll from BBTS. Hope it arrives before I go on vacation. Joes were my favorite and longest lived toy line as a kid. I ended up buying a loose collection (incomplete) and now am thinking about the Dragonfly. D'oh.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Yeah, I even knew they were successful.

Man, that Chuckles. I ended up getting a Rock N Roll from BBTS. Hope it arrives before I go on vacation. Joes were my favorite and longest lived toy line as a kid. I ended up buying a loose collection (incomplete) and now am thinking about the Dragonfly. D'oh.

Do it.

The Dragonfly is worth it.

Plus there won't be that many of them so it'll be a popular wanted collectible in a few years. If not shorter.

Tier 3 has been revealed and it's.....Crazy Legs.

I actually don't mind if we don't get him. Never cared for him.

Glenda is the best one of the three by far.

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jul 10, 2023

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I had vintage Chuckles (though, as with most of them, got him at a yard sale and didn't know his name) and he is on the extremely short list of Classified dudes I would want, but I don't want to pay some inflated convention exclusive price. I really hope there is a "regular" version of him down the road. I don't even care about the accessories, either... I never had any. it was just a goofy guy in a Hawaiian shirt and I loved him for that.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I had vintage Chuckles (though, as with most of them, got him at a yard sale and didn't know his name) and he is on the extremely short list of Classified dudes I would want, but I don't want to pay some inflated convention exclusive price. I really hope there is a "regular" version of him down the road. I don't even care about the accessories, either... I never had any. it was just a goofy guy in a Hawaiian shirt and I loved him for that.

If they follow the same pattern as previous Hasbro SDCC things, he’ll probably get a standard release at some point minus a bunch of accessories and maybe that alternate head.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Big Mean Jerk posted:

If they follow the same pattern as previous Hasbro SDCC things, he’ll probably get a standard release at some point minus a bunch of accessories and maybe that alternate head.

Is there any word on Serpentor and Mindbender? I haven't heard anything.

I got lucky with both of those, and I hope that continues with Chuckles. I loved his vintage figure. I always pretended he sounded like Uncle Joey from Full House.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Joe Fisto posted:

Is there any word on Serpentor and Mindbender? I haven't heard anything.

I got lucky with both of those, and I hope that continues with Chuckles. I loved his vintage figure. I always pretended he sounded like Uncle Joey from Full House.

Yes, if you got a order in then you will get it. They're making more of them to fullfill the orders. Emily who shows up on the Joe vids at hasbro pulse has said that.

BUT if you didn't get an order in then your out of luck and need to find one elsewhere.

BTW turns out a few people got the black on his shoulder. Not everyone, but like you some did.

Bit surprised but people seem half half on Chuckles. Thought people would love him but seems some have issues with the figures face or the parts, if not the accessories. Plus the price.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

The Last Call posted:

Yes, if you got a order in then you will get it. They're making more of them to fullfill the orders. Emily who shows up on the Joe vids at hasbro pulse has said that.

BUT if you didn't get an order in then your out of luck and need to find one elsewhere.

BTW turns out a few people got the black on his shoulder. Not everyone, but like you some did.

Bit surprised but people seem half half on Chuckles. Thought people would love him but seems some have issues with the figures face or the parts, if not the accessories. Plus the price.

So those two will just be Pulse exclusives? No Serpentor at Target? I’ve got mine, but I know a lot of people didn’t get one.

Glad the black marks weren’t widespread. That was a pain in the rear end to fix.

Chuckles seems perfect to me. I’ll have the beat up head and the knuckle dusters on. (Or does Hawkeye need a beat up head?) I think less than 50 seems ok for a con exclusive. Those bastards are (almost) always more expensive.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Better than angering the Hot Toys people for buying the same 3 terrible doll bodies with different head sculpts and clothing that a bunch of kids in Thailand stitched for a dollar.

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

CelticPredator posted:

More perturbed but more so just on sheer ignorance lol

I sincerely apologize for not knowing a toy companies marketing strategy, and for not knowing the regular stock of a store I have no way to access in a country that I don't live in and cannot travel to.

I'm truly sorry that my lack of said knowledge caused you such upset.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

BooDooBoo posted:

I sincerely apologize for not knowing a toy companies marketing strategy, and for not knowing the regular stock of a store I have no way to access in a country that I don't live in and cannot travel to.

I'm truly sorry that my lack of said knowledge caused you such upset.

Why you gotta be throwing down on poo poo you don’t know though?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There’s 3 kinds of aliens how is there a decade long toy line?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

You have 8 movies, a billion video games, and comics.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Joe Fisto posted:

So those two will just be Pulse exclusives? No Serpentor at Target? I’ve got mine, but I know a lot of people didn’t get one.

Glad the black marks weren’t widespread. That was a pain in the rear end to fix.

Chuckles seems perfect to me. I’ll have the beat up head and the knuckle dusters on. (Or does Hawkeye need a beat up head?) I think less than 50 seems ok for a con exclusive. Those bastards are (almost) always more expensive.

Yeah they were Pulse/SDCC exclusives. It was said those versions of them won't be redone, so if we see Mindbender again it'll likely be his version two and in Sepentors case a new figure. Not to say they might go back on their word, Mindbender could easily sell a lot more and so could Serpentor. It seems silly to leave money on the table like that, maybe they could reuse the same figure, some color changes and a change or two and consider that new versions? Just spit balling there. For now don't expect any more of them unless announced.

What do you think of the Crazy legs reveal?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

The Last Call posted:

Yeah they were Pulse/SDCC exclusives. It was said those versions of them won't be redone, so if we see Mindbender again it'll likely be his version two and in Sepentors case a new figure. Not to say they might go back on their word, Mindbender could easily sell a lot more and so could Serpentor. It seems silly to leave money on the table like that, maybe they could reuse the same figure, some color changes and a change or two and consider that new versions? Just spit balling there. For now don't expect any more of them unless announced.

What do you think of the Crazy legs reveal?

Did they have to give him a red hat? I guess a good portion of the Joe fandom will like that. If we end up getting him that's staying in the parts bin.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Joe Fisto posted:

Did they have to give him a red hat? I guess a good portion of the Joe fandom will like that. If we end up getting him that's staying in the parts bin.

Red had is included:

The fact this is only a drawing makes me wonder if they changed whatever the tier 3 figure was suppose to be.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Crazylegs was arrested for being at the January 6th riot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Joe Fisto posted:

Crazylegs was arrested for being at the January 6th riot.

Not going to lie, when I saw the hat, that was my first thought.