Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Titans courting another old and busted down receiver? surely it will work this time!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/Djbienaime/status/1669065998383628289

Hard for me to get too into these drills because my understanding is Stroud's biggest weakness is handling the pass rush

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Titans courting another old and busted down receiver? surely it will work this time!!

Can't wait to put him on the list of Titans legends with Randy Moss

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

winter.mute posted:

Can't wait to put him on the list of Titans legends with Randy Moss

Remembered his second vikings stint and the 49ers last hurrah but completely blanked that he was ever a titan

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I still remember Mariota hitting Andre Johnson for that game winning TD against Detroit I think and it was the only thing he ever did all year

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

Pontius Pilate posted:

Remembered his second vikings stint and the 49ers last hurrah but completely blanked that he was ever a titan

Eight weeks, six catches, and 80 yards. No clue why they even picked him up because it was obvious they really didn't want him on the field. I'd be surprised if his total play time was anywhere close to a full quarter over those eight weeks.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

winter.mute posted:

Eight weeks, six catches, and 80 yards. No clue why they even picked him up because it was obvious they really didn't want him on the field. I'd be surprised if his total play time was anywhere close to a full quarter over those eight weeks.

Rusty Smith needed weapons

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
tits rt NPF got popped for gambling

amazing

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Just got off the phone with Demon of the Fall, told him the news. He asked me to post this for him:

“I hate this loving team. loving J ROB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

what if cj stroud was called cspam stroud... makes you wonder

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Imagining him wearing the darth Covid helmet and having a laugh

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
C-SPAM Stroud would be forced into retirement for showing signs of CTE.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
as if our OLine could get any WORSE! this kid can't wait to gamble until he gets home? :cmon:

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
the Titans are gonna be so rear end this year

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
So still a decent shot of winning the AFC South.

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow
Texans fans lie awake at night, dreaming about their team being merely "rear end". Titans fans have rear end-tier privilege.

(Fake edit: Sorry, Texans fans.)

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I think the Texans are gonna do it this year. They're gonna rise to rear end status

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Demon Of The Fall posted:

the Titans are gonna be so rear end this year

May we be the worst of the worst so we get my beloved Caleb

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Metapod posted:

May we be the worst of the worst so we get my beloved Caleb

Alas, vrabel will drag y’all to like seven wins

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

Intruder posted:

I think the Texans are gonna do it this year. They're gonna rise to rear end status

They finished like 12th in Defensive EPA/play. If they Ryans makes the defense slightly improved and the offense can be "non rear end", they could be like, rear end level.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Intruder posted:

this is our year

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
gonna try to split the difference and root half-heartedly for the titans and root a little more enthusiastically for the jags, so what i'm saying is, congrats texans fans on your impending division championship

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Saw a guy on a plane a couple of weeks ago who brought a leftover pizza as his carry on and folded the box in half to fit in his lap. He was wearing a Texans hat. I thought of Intruder for absolutely no good reason.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I don't know how to feel about that lol

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

I mean it's the most joy a Texans fan is gonna have this year.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
While we were taxiing, he kept unfurling the box and ripping pieces off with his bare hand to eat. When we started to descend, he had his facemask over his eyes and was clutching the barf-bag, so maybe he wasn't doing so great.

Then I noticed he also had a Wendy's bag with food in it too.

EDIT: Ripped parts of the pizza off and ate it, not the box.

TSBX fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jul 9, 2023

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2023/07/09/tennessee-titans-malik-willis-nfl-will-levis/

quote:

We assumed that when Levis showed up, he would immediately push veteran Ryan Tannehill for a spot in the starting lineup. However, the battle we are seeing is between Levis and Malik Willis for the backup role. According to reports, Levis isn’t faring too well and is being outplayed by Titans former third-round pick Malik Willis.

However, according to those same reports, even if Willis continues to outplay Levis, he is could still be released. Willis started three games last season and finished 1-2. Levis was the pick because the Titans front office didn’t see enough from Willis in 2022.

lol

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Who could have ever seen this coming

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

lol so the new guy is doing worse than the guy we didn't like before but we're gonna dump the old guy so we feel better about our last draft pick we made

Look all I know is that I watch Derrick Henry workout on instagram and I hope it's enough.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Willis was a project to begin with, I'd rather see how he does with another season and dealing with some QB competition.

Besides, I'd rather watch him break out over Levis.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Mega64 posted:

Willis was a project to begin with, I'd rather see how he does with another season and dealing with some QB competition.

Besides, I'd rather watch him break out over Levis.

You won't have to worry about seeing either of them break out

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

You won't have to worry about seeing either of them break out

Who hands off the prettier ball? That's the backup QB gameplan Vrabel is comfortable with lol

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Titans are keeping both on the roster this year so it doesn’t really matter to me as neither should have to start this year, and who knows what they look like going into the ‘24 season.

And if they go into next offseason still sucking, gently caress it, just draft another quarterback, keep swinging until you hit on one.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Going off OTA reports Jamarr chase was a huge bust with the worst hands in league history so I’m happy to take all this with a grain of salt

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
It just didn't seem like "backup quarterback" was the highest need when we'd lost a shitload of our offensive lineman. Know how you can keep Tanny healthy? Just protect him, will also help with Henry as well.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Potential qb of the future is always a pick worth making especially on somebody who fell to the second round.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Potential qb of the future is always a pick worth making especially on somebody who fell to the second round.

yeah this

even if it doesn't work out, rolling the dice on levis in the second round was absolutely a good bet, especially since they drafted OL first

like, the draft is a masive gamble overall; it's not a solved problem, but the risk/reward on taking a qb with first round measurables in the second round is absolutely worth it every year until you no longer need a qb.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

It doesn't matter since Anthony Richardson is gonna be the best QB in the division and the NFL for the next decade

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Sure smells like a bunch of people hyping up their mid QBs in here, couldn't be me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Stroud is impressing in contactless drills so he's destined to be a stud