Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I'm still waiting for my Genshin KFC bucket

Pulled a welt, so I have a guarnatee I'll probably use on kafka. Nice timing with the double calyx, will make this a lot less painful to get him up to speed

Garrand fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jul 10, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
MoC 10 aurumatons gained sentience or something. They kept hitting JY with imprison over and over despite having a juicy preservation tank with landau choice in front of them, to the point I had to chain spam fmc taunt, a skill I almost never use.

MoC overall feels a bit too long compared to genshin and honkai impact endgame grinds, even if you don't get stuck at any point.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Leraika posted:

probably credits/lc exp/adventurer exp but you should go for the rest of us who aren't in california and report back

Gonna buy a round trip flight to California to get 10000 credits and 5 XP items.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
https://twitter.com/honkaistarrail/status/1677658929348882432

looks like there's some info here - from a quick squint it looks like maybe an avatar or two? Lol if you're not using one of trash/gepard's trailblazer portrait/your favorite character tho

edit: no, what I thought was an avatar was a sticker. the mystery continues

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

the last time i saw a hoyoverse related cafe event was at a macaron shop for hi3 where the line basically extended through the entirety of the outdoor mall. i went to watch a movie and dinner and came back and saw a particular part of the line hadn't moved at all in 4 hours. they'd actually run out of stock a couple hours ago but hadn't told anyone so they'd just been waiting there for no reason, in the sun and in full cosplay also

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Leraika posted:

Lol if you're not using one of trash/gepard's trailblazer portrait/your favorite character tho

this is wubbaboo erasure

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Kyrosiris posted:

this is wubbaboo erasure

Correct.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

this is wubbaboo erasure

My therapist says Wubbaboos aren't real.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Kyrosiris posted:

this is wubbaboo erasure

whoops yeah the woos too

edit: there's a peppy one too, isn't there? in short, you got options.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Futaba Anzu posted:

the last time i saw a hoyoverse related cafe event was at a macaron shop for hi3 where the line basically extended through the entirety of the outdoor mall. i went to watch a movie and dinner and came back and saw a particular part of the line hadn't moved at all in 4 hours. they'd actually run out of stock a couple hours ago but hadn't told anyone so they'd just been waiting there for no reason, in the sun and in full cosplay also
This feels like a perfect allegory for something, but I'm not sure what.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

boredsatellite posted:

She's only gotten stronger with Loucha honestly

Yeah, Luocha synergizes with Clara so incredibly well that she's become a perfectly viable hard carry even in MoC10 runs.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
hot take: Luocha's auto-heal should synergize with Elation and get stronger based on follow up attack buffs

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

This new MoC 1 is the same as the old MoC 3. I just don't have the dps to 3 star it. It really makes me question if I'm even building the right units, but I have to remind myself my second team has all of their traces around level 3, they aren't leveled past 63 or so as well as their lcs, and their gear is poo poo.

Team 2 is Serval (for now), Yukong, Welt and Luocha.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

yanqing + tingyun + 50% atk buff is straight up slapping some fools this cycle

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
So I keep hearing Yukong could function as a sub-dps, but how do you play her? Is the bulk of her dps on her ult or autoattack? Like, she has that talent to buff up her autos every other turn, but in order to take full advantage of that, that forces you into a 4-turn QEQEult cycle which seems... bad?

Do you run her SP-negative (EQEult) or SP-positive (QQEult)? (Or the 4-turn SP-neutral?) Fast or slow? (Specifically if I want to use her as a sub-dps, that is.)

I've been reading about folks speed-tuning Slow Yukong to your defensive support/healer to be just slower, and I'm kinda liking it? Healers/defensive support are the least likely to have passive speed/advance forward shenanigans, whereas had you gone Fast Yukong (i.e., tuning Yukong to your DPS) your DPS might accidentally advance past her. If you tune Yukong to your healer, it is unlikely that your DPS advances forward and happens to slot just inbetween your healer and Yukong unless you're massively unlucky.

I'm trying out a thing where my entire second MoC team is sub-dps + healer (Welt + Yukong + sub-dps Qingque). I'm really struggling to have everyone's ults line up to Yukong's cadence. Plus, relegating Qingque to sub-dps duty just makes me feel like I'm doing her dirty.

SW prob would've been more ideal here as she solves the skillpoint issue (Yukong can run EQEult while SW runs EQQult), but she's been earmarked for my ice team on the other side. Also I must use Qingque. That is non-negotiable.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Leraika posted:

probably credits/lc exp/adventurer exp but you should go for the rest of us who aren't in california and report back

There is one 10 miles from me and on my way to/from work but I don't really like tea, unless the reward > 160 jade equivalent I am not sure if it is worth going out of my way. Also just got back from 0 internet connection for 3 days, I am assuming I did not miss any event stuff?

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

You missed the livestream and the 300 jade that went with it, but in-game, no. An event started today - double calyx drops.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

facepalmolive posted:

So I keep hearing Yukong could function as a sub-dps, but how do you play her? Is the bulk of her dps on her ult or autoattack? Like, she has that talent to buff up her autos every other turn, but in order to take full advantage of that, that forces you into a 4-turn QEQEult cycle which seems... bad?

Yukong is just finicky. I'm still building her myself, but I find a 4 turn cycle works best fir me. 3 turns is just too sp hungry, especially if you're using another support like Tingyun or an Erudition character or something. I keep wondering if maybe I should abandon the full Imaginary idea and just run Tingyun instead, but I already have Yukong at level 70 so I may as well get her traces up to speed before making that call.

I find a 4 turn cycle works vest for me. 3 turns just runs into skill management issues, whereas 4 turns just means I never have to worry about it. It does mean that sometimes you don't use another character's ult to line it up with her, but it doesn't seem that onerous. It also means you can use her as part of a hard carry team with Tingyun or Bronya and just alternate each supports EQE cycle. Especially good with Tingyun since her skill lasts for 2 turns anyway.

Dreamy has a build guide which touches a bit on both 3 and 4 turn cycles.

https://youtu.be/srwQ6jKsjHU

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Walla posted:

Yukong is just finicky. I'm still building her myself, but I find a 4 turn cycle works best fir me. 3 turns is just too sp hungry, especially if you're using another support like Tingyun or an Erudition character or something. I keep wondering if maybe I should abandon the full Imaginary idea and just run Tingyun instead, but I already have Yukong at level 70 so I may as well get her traces up to speed before making that call.

I find a 4 turn cycle works vest for me. 3 turns just runs into skill management issues, whereas 4 turns just means I never have to worry about it. It does mean that sometimes you don't use another character's ult to line it up with her, but it doesn't seem that onerous. It also means you can use her as part of a hard carry team with Tingyun or Bronya and just alternate each supports EQE cycle. Especially good with Tingyun since her skill lasts for 2 turns anyway.

Dreamy has a build guide which touches a bit on both 3 and 4 turn cycles.

https://youtu.be/srwQ6jKsjHU

You can 3-turn ult with QQE if you load her up with energy regen rate and energy regen relic set and meshing cogs and unlock her A6.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

If I'm understanding Yukong right (which I might not be, since I haven't built and used her yet), it sounds like controlling turn order is very important since her ability only applies to the two turns after hers. Is this correct? And, if so, can it lead to characters with inconsistent speeds (like Seele or something) having problems with her?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
The easy way to manage that is to pick which character you don't want her to buff, and make sure that she always goes right after them. The supporting characters that you don't want her to waste the buff on tend to not have speed gimmicks.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

yeah the point of Yukong is you want her to buff characters who will proceed to immediately take several actions in a single turn (through ultimates, follow-up attacks/counters, etc)

note that Seele's "bonus turns" from Resurgence dont count as actual turns, even if they also arent follow-up attacks. So Seele isn't a completely bad choice to go with Yukong despite the varying speed making it harder to line things up

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jul 10, 2023

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Izzhov posted:

You can 3-turn ult with QQE if you load her up with energy regen rate and energy regen relic set and meshing cogs and unlock her A6.

That's great.

Except I'm tb 59, don't have Meshing Cogs or the er set. For me it's either 3 turn and have no sp for my dps, or 4 turn. Those of you who are solidly in the end game have a few more options.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Wow that's super extremely unlucky to not have meshing cogs at tb 59 :pressf:

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get some!

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Jabor posted:

The easy way to manage that is to pick which character you don't want her to buff, and make sure that she always goes right after them. The supporting characters that you don't want her to waste the buff on tend to not have speed gimmicks.

That's probably the easiest way to handle it, but once you have an enemy who slows any one of your party members then your rotation is screwed. She seems to work best with a full DPS party. Something like Luocha, Dan Heng and Serval for instance. That way if you miss your main then it isn't completely wasted.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

MoonCrab posted:

Wow that's super extremely unlucky to not have meshing cogs at tb 59 :pressf:

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get some!

I do have 1 copy, never leveled. The regen from a single copy doesn't seem worth it.

Also I've been blessed with E5 Sushang and E6 Serval so it kind of balances out. :)

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jul 10, 2023

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Hmm, well this game's ER breakpoints are so annoyingly hyperspecific, that's probably true. It might also, not be true :iiam:

I sure wish it were possible to get ER as a substat :(

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Oh I mixed up yanqing and yukong whoops

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Is it just me or is this new MoC much harder than the previous? I was able to make it to MoC 6 with 12 stars relatively easily, but I can't get past stage 3 on this cycle and 1 & 2 are a struggle.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Excelzior posted:

note that Seele's "bonus turns" from Resurgence dont count as actual turns, even if they also arent follow-up attacks. So Seele isn't a completely bad choice to go with Yukong despite the varying speed making it harder to line things up

The game calls them Extra Turns and they have a different appearance on the turn list. It's definitely an entire Mechanic even if Seele happens to be the only one who uses it so far.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jul 11, 2023

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Annoyingly, Sushang's "go again after ult" is mechanically an extra turn, so she eats both buffs. Not that it's necessarily a bad thing for Sushang to be megabuffed for two back to back attacks, but SP economy takes a hit unless you break the enemy before kicking in VTEC.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

sushibandit posted:

Annoyingly, Sushang's "go again after ult" is mechanically an extra turn, so she eats both buffs. Not that it's necessarily a bad thing for Sushang to be megabuffed for two back to back attacks, but SP economy takes a hit unless you break the enemy before kicking in VTEC.

to be precise, it accelerates her next turn. if you use her ult during her turn (but before you commit to an action), you don't get a turn after finishing the current one.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
I've seen Dreamy's guide and I wished more people touched up on how she functions as a sub-dps. (Is her DPS mostly tied to her ult or autoattack?) I think she's also insinuating that the EQE playstyle is more supportive? I'm not sure.

Anyway there are a few things I disagree with her on in that video, specifically fast vs. slow Yukong. Turns out, there's a ton of dps with AV/speed shenanigans so I didn't even want to bother trying to surgically figure out and tweak everything.

Basically this:

Jabor posted:

Yep, this is exactly what I was saying. I'm doing this ('Slow Yukong') and this has been working very well for me. If you use her technique to open a fight, she can offer coverage for your first two characters on turn 1.

Izzhov posted:

Right, but I was wondering how to set Yukong up as a sub-dps. I think Cogs is basically out the window, because being a 3* LC you're missing out on so much flat attack.

Plus, you're missing out on defensive stats, so you have the Foxian Beauty problem where she dies if anything looks at her funny, so if I went Cogs on her I'd probably run all defensive mainstat relics on her.

Walla posted:

That's great.

Except I'm tb 59, don't have Meshing Cogs or the er set. For me it's either 3 turn and have no sp for my dps, or 4 turn. Those of you who are solidly in the end game have a few more options.

Cogs is so good! It enables Tingyun to ult on a 3-turn cycle with EQQ (which also lines up with her E perfectly). Or you can comedy Asta build and have her ult every 2 turns and get 100% teamwide speed buff uptime (as long as you do nothing but mash E on her (don't do this)).

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Futaba Anzu posted:

Honey and Butter? They're notorious for doing that with their anime collabs :'( The macarons are amazing though, particularly the sweet/savory ones like matcha.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

wodin posted:

Honey and Butter? They're notorious for doing that with their anime collabs :'( The macarons are amazing though, particularly the sweet/savory ones like matcha.

yeah that was the store. do you think it'd be less so like that abysmal waiting considering it'd be a different store?

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Futaba Anzu posted:

yeah that was the store. do you think it'd be less so like that abysmal waiting considering it'd be a different store?

Will depend entirely on the store, but probably will run more smoothly since it doesn't require artistic talent and stuff to make a drink as opposed to the super-involved character macarons?

technolizard
May 19, 2013
I three starred my first MoC chamber today and I'm so excited :toot:

I only just got a solid second team kitted out and leveled to 70 so this is only my second time running MoC.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 28 hours!)

i feel like if i want to get blade, i'm gonna need his light cone too, since the current destruction ones are super vanilla

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Just use the Herta LC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I have 37 special passes burning a hole in my pocket and I'm not sure if I should save them for the next banner or start pulling for a LC. Best I have for Luocha is Quid Pro Quo. I'm still newish so I don't have much in the way of characters or good LCs (going by what's on Pyrdwen for the characters I have so far).