Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are your gaming plans for the summer?
This poll is closed.
Win at video games 37 23.72%
Hone gaming skills 27 17.31%
Unlock hardcore mode achievements 14 8.97%
More grinding 24 15.38%
Post about video games 54 34.62%
Total: 82 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Roll for intimidation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Movie theatres are badass, especially because mid-day matinee tickets are like $6. I saw Across the Spiderverse in theatres and waiting to watch it at home would've made it a far less spectacular experience.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Its funny when you go to the theater a bit regularly you can tell they rotate the trailers. Its like oh which one is it this time. Oh cool the short one and not the goddamn almost full 15 minute one.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
the experience isn't really that much better but it's a good excuse to get outside the house

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Draga posted:

My last time going to the cinema was for Rise of Skywalker.

F

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/WanWanAttack/status/1678213669774131200?s=20

Diverse Appeal

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Oh does she have a sexy figure? I mostly noticed her courage and reservation.

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

I mostly notice those suspenders. Aerith's jacket is wayyyy better, as far as slightly unnecessary wardobe choices go

another reason why Aerith > Tifa

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Khanstant posted:

Oh does she have a sexy figure? I mostly noticed her courage and reservation.

My wife hates when she’s on screen because of the courage and Cares about friends

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Seeing Dunkirk in an Atmos theatre was pretty good. The movie was pretty dull and lifeless, but the sound was amazing!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

This applies to every ff party member, from red xiii to kimahri to clive

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

inefficient. un-navigable. an absolute loving nightmare to look at directly. these are the hallmarks of the perfect factory.

god i love this game.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

stev posted:

I've been in rich people's homes with dedicated cinema rooms and even they aren't anywhere close to the real thing. Unless you own a 50ft tall screen and an IMAX projector you're missing out.
get yourself a movie theater like the one I go to, it's the best:

quote:

my theater looks like this and matinee tickets are like 5 or 6 bucks, it rules

the seats are just straight up ripped out of old Lincoln Town Cars and welded to scaffolding with wheels on it. it's the best, depending on the year of car the seat was taken out of sometimes they still have the armrests too, and you can order food before the movie(or during, if you're desperate and suck) and it's not bad for pub food. though they stopped most of their experimentation, I liked the lobster macaroni and cheese they had for a short time.

they have limited time custom menus based on currently running movies, like the mario menu had a strawberry smoothie with a strawberry on a translucent green straw, the strawberry had whipped cream on the tip so when the straw went through it it makes it look like a pirahna plant. they get cute with their custom stuff like that, I love it

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard
Had a chill time playing Gran Turismo 4 on Steam Deck but having not restarted that game since Papa Roach were topping the charts it was pretty shocking how if you pick say a Miata to start with you’re going to be stuck grinding the Sunday Cup 12 times in a row because the other events the Miater is eligible for all feature cars it has no hope of keeping up with without serious modifications, but then Sunday Cup doesn’t pay for poo poo so you can’t afford to do them.

I ended up deleting my save and just picking a Civic Type R which is faster to begin with and also eligible for the much easier FF beginner cup.

(I know people actually good at this will knock out the licenses first but oh god they’re so boring I hate it and vaguely remember not even doing GT4’s forever ago because it let you import a GT3 save)

It opens up later on but I really caught myself with some rose tinted glasses for goob ol racing game career modes here.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I like my racing game campaigns being delivered in the form of vaguely European cafe menus these days

(Gran Turismo 7 is weird)

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

get yourself a movie theater like the one I go to, it's the best:

The ketchup is kinda funny to me, idk why

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ok Future Imperfect toned Kate down so it's back to bearable (and Tony Stark has barely been in it also). it still feels like the DLC was written by different people than the main campaign

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/worldofreel/status/1678419404919275521?s=20

Oh drat we got a good ol' Alan Smithee

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Poor Joe Abercrombie is never going to hear the end of this.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Say one thing for Joe Crombie...

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Is that because they are embarrassed and don't want it on their IMDb page?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Khanstant posted:

Is that because they are embarrassed and don't want it on their IMDb page?

Officially it happens because they got overruled on creative decisions too many times and can no longer honestly say that the result is what they intended to make. I'd think if they knew what they were making was embarrassing they'd have quit long ago. But yeah part of it is to not have it on their resume

haveblue fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jul 10, 2023

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I can no longer in good conscience claim any creative ownership on this title, the integrity of Borderlands has been too far compromised.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

alan smitheeing is a good way of outwardly distancing yourself from a project you no longer believe in without having to aggressively tour the media circuit denouncing it. it's a more polite middle finger, essentially

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

could I do that for my legal name

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I looked up Craig Mazins writing credits and his pre-2019 output seems a perfect match for the Borderlands franchise

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Kerrzhe posted:

inefficient. un-navigable. an absolute loving nightmare to look at directly. these are the hallmarks of the perfect factory.

god i love this game.

where's the factory cart skate park

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Metal of Honor Dishonor

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

The system works.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
We found love in a hopeless place

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

ChickenHeart posted:

where's the factory cart skate park

ive spent my tickets on the boombox instead

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Harsh but fair

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
Got the 8bitdo Ultimate today. Feels good, if a little plasticky and the D-pad is below average but overall considering the cost, it's a thumbs up from me.

The vibration feels leagues better than the ES2, which would make this horrible high pitched rattle whenever it activated.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Is that headline story worth reading or did they do a crime that is just sick and sad?

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

External Organs posted:

Metal of Honor Dishonor

Saint Freak posted:

The system works.

Sakurazuka posted:

Harsh but fair

the actual story is that a woman in pakistan fell in love with a man in india she met in pubg

pakistan and india governments dont like each other

the woman left pakistan with her children to move in with him as an illegal immigrant

she was arrested for illegal immigration and he was arrested for "conspiring to shelter an enemy"

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
this planet's governments are pathetic

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
That headline could apply to multiple instances of mmorpgs and child abuse

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
I know a couple over WoW back in Burning Crusade and now theyre both "uh yeah we dont talk about that much. didnt realize it at the time, but turns out were the exception to the rule... 😬"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Last movie my girlfriend and I saw before Covid was Sonic, we thought it'd be real funny if the first thing we saw after the pandemic was Sonic 2 (but actually it was Mario).

Kerrzhe posted:

god i love this game.

After the talk about movie theatres I thought at first this was the one you went to, and at first glance oh boy I had some things to say.

Morpheus fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jul 10, 2023