Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

moths posted:

Do I need to get all the Lilith shrines before the season?

I am a person with other hobbies, priorities,and responsibilities. But I also don't want to miss out.

No, they just carry over, so you wouldn’t have to worry about ever finding another if you knock them out prior.

Def nothing to worry about missing out on though.

Also, if you use a map you could prob find all 160 in an hour or two tops so it’s not like some huge time sink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
Andariel fight was incredible holy poo poo. Just now onto Act V. I should have gotten the horse sooner lol. It makes traversing the map so much better. Granted I’ve not cleared out even the tiniest fraction of poo poo, cause I kinda got distracted and whatever.

Also y’all were right paying attention to anything besides raw damage and the damage/armor/sustain affixes is genuinely pointless pre fifty. The giant statblocks were giving me analysis paralysis.

Act II God drat that actually hit me in the feels pretty hard. It’s kinda surprising that he’d work with the group after that. I wish they’d stuck to him being a broken person after the death of his son. The tonal shift from tragedy tragedy tragedy to plucky band of upstarts didn’t really land for me but whatever it’s a video game story.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
You will enjoy Act 5. :D

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

moths posted:

I am a person with other hobbies, priorities,and responsibilities. But I also don't want to miss out.

nah it's not required but exploration and Lilith shrines carry over. together they're enough renown to unlock the first two rewards in each big zone. small bonus for new characters but hardly required.

I've been working on them. probably takes me an hour or two per zone to finish exploring but I didn't do much exploration or side stuff during the campaign. So idk maybe 5-10 hours following a guide to ride around and collect all the shrines plus exploring

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

It's still really fun to sit back as a necromancer and start bombing the fight with corpse explosion.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

moths posted:

There's a patch coming on the 18th, and after that patch, I believe the first character you log into will have their altar and exploration progression assigned to any seasonal character you create.

There has been no information about the opposite flow (i.e. if you complete all altars as your seasonal character, it's unknown but unlikely that it will transfer back to your non-seasonal "eternal realm" characters), so I'd say you're best off doing it now.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
A thing that made my Altar hunt more fun though perhaps less optimal was using it as a way to direct my Helltide runs if they were up in a region I hadn't completed yet. I could probably have gotten more cinders camping events but it's really not THAT hard to get enough cinders to hit all the mystery chests even just moving through the zone, and the rest is just icing in comparison

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

bus hustler posted:

One of the devs was uh... wearing? one during the livestream, it's not just a pun

Reddit comes through, someone posted this new tool D4Craft.com and it rules, I think they've figured out the estimated costs and stuff for rerolling as well as some of the available affixes / odds.

No need for a website really, I made a comprehensive enchanting guide

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

Thank you. Saving this for future reference.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

f#a# posted:

There has been no information about the opposite flow (i.e. if you complete all altars as your seasonal character, it's unknown but unlikely that it will transfer back to your non-seasonal "eternal realm" characters), so I'd say you're best off doing it now.

Uh, no. They were quite clear in the livestream that after the 18th all of that sort of data will register to your account.

If you did part of the statues now and the rest in season it'll still register to your account and carry over.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
What class should I try next? I played a shock sorc first and I love it. I just cleared the nightmare capstone dungeon by myself at 63 but world level 4 stuff is too hard to solo, and grinding world 3 doesn't seem appealing at the moment. I think trying something else before the seasons start is the way I'm going to go. I got a Necro to 22 but I'm not loving it, maybe I should give it more time. I think I like the speedy glass cannon type play style, so maybe a rogue? A different spec of sorcerer? I'm not tied to that idea though. In D2 I played barb/paladin mostly. I probably won't touch druid at all, the class fantasy just doesn't appeal to me.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Too bad because druid probably has the most class variety

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Debating hard whether I want to try Class 2 of 5 for the season or if I wanna rebirth my Sorc and see just how different it feels in the new environment

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Debating hard whether I want to try Class 2 of 5 for the season or if I wanna rebirth my Sorc and see just how different it feels in the new environment
I've been wondering the same thing about doing the same with Barb. I'd like to try a very different build and am far too lazy to switch my current level 78 gal over and it would be neat to be able to share items between the two once S1 is over and they're both on Eternal.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

It also confirms that some of the bafflingly dumb design decisions were because the team was listening to D2 fans who complained that D3 was "too arcade-y", "too light", and had too many QoL features.

That was pretty obvious from the pre-release videos they did. I'm not going to dig back, but the one where they were desperately trying to waffle around respecs was like just offscreen there were multiple factions with guns pointed at them. It was awkward in the way that makes you feel uncomfortable watching it. Whomever they had doing it were desperately trying to walk the line between "no it's not a big deal" and "if you want any changes roll a new character" without really committing to anything.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Dallan Invictus posted:

A thing that made my Altar hunt more fun though perhaps less optimal was using it as a way to direct my Helltide runs if they were up in a region I hadn't completed yet. I could probably have gotten more cinders camping events but it's really not THAT hard to get enough cinders to hit all the mystery chests even just moving through the zone, and the rest is just icing in comparison

Are the mystery chests only on t4? I'm on t3 having done a ton of helltides and I haven't seen any

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Field Mousepad posted:

Are the mystery chests only on t4? I'm on t3 having done a ton of helltides and I haven't seen any

Just go to helltide.com

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

flashman posted:

Just go to helltide.com

IMHO helltides.com with the plural is a better site, but both are great

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Field Mousepad posted:

There are two mystery chests at all times (each can only be redeemed once, as far as I can tell) on both WT3 and WT4. Their locations change at the hour (like... when it switches from 4:59 to 5:00) regardless of when the Helltide starts. As other posters said, there are websites that help you with finding them.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

IMHO helltides.com with the plural is a better site, but both are great

that's the one i've used, very helpful

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

Magus42 posted:

Uh, no. They were quite clear in the livestream that after the 18th all of that sort of data will register to your account.

If you did part of the statues now and the rest in season it'll still register to your account and carry over.

Worst case scenario the progress from seasons won't export to eternal realm until the season ends and everything is migrated.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

I used the plural one too, I suggested the wrong one

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

There are two mystery chests at all times (each can only be redeemed once, as far as I can tell) on both WT3 and WT4. Their locations change at the hour (like... when it switches from 4:59 to 5:00) regardless of when the Helltide starts. As other posters said, there are websites that help you with finding them.

This is correct with the exception that one of the possible helltide locations has 3 chests. Kehjistan I think.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

helltides.com master race

Bold Robot posted:

This is correct with the exception that one of the possible helltide locations has 3 chests. Kehjistan I think.

it's kevinstan yes

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Thanks for the site that's pretty handy

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Bold Robot posted:

Good to know, thank you!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Occasionally some rando will invite me to a helltide group, which I join for the xp boost, and they're always like "Have you found the chest yet?" or "I marked the chest for you". I'm like, I know where the chest is thanks.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

it is possible to get 6 big chests and thus 30+ legendary items if the helltide emerges in fudgeestan at half past the hour. this post sponsored by helltideS.com

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

Please do the needful and add this to the OP

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Jamwad Hilder posted:

What class should I try next? I played a shock sorc first and I love it. I just cleared the nightmare capstone dungeon by myself at 63 but world level 4 stuff is too hard to solo, and grinding world 3 doesn't seem appealing at the moment. I think trying something else before the seasons start is the way I'm going to go. I got a Necro to 22 but I'm not loving it, maybe I should give it more time. I think I like the speedy glass cannon type play style, so maybe a rogue? A different spec of sorcerer? I'm not tied to that idea though. In D2 I played barb/paladin mostly. I probably won't touch druid at all, the class fantasy just doesn't appeal to me.

if you can manage to grab like 2-3 mystery chests in a helltide you will probably get enough of a boost to start soloing the world in wt4

otherwise i guess rogue is speedy glass cannon but i think barb is more fun to play

zoux posted:

Occasionally some rando will invite me to a helltide group, which I join for the xp boost, and they're always like "Have you found the chest yet?" or "I marked the chest for you". I'm like, I know where the chest is thanks.

a mind-boggling number of people just run around and open the first chest they see

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

If you have Amazon prime you can claim a free brackish mount armor and two trophies. I really like this theme. Makes me wish sorc had a sea witch spec.
https://gaming.amazon.com/brackish-armor

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
i wanna pvp in hc but i cant find anyone and its making me grumpy

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
leave me alone bitch I'm just here for the SHrines

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oEUdENNa3k

hahahahahahhahaah good lord

let me preface this by saying that i really love the attempt that blizzard made to make all of your stats as obvious and as transparent as possible, being able to just look at a giant list of numbers if you want to is wonderful. so i expect it to improve and i hope it does

but lmfao at how loving insanely bizarre and annoying it is to actually figure out which stats you need (other than crit dmg and vuln dmg)

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

leave me alone bitch I'm just here for the SHrines

i will cut you up

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

here's a fun example

first shot: my hammer, test hammer (i like my hammer, i wish i could name it, because im not replacing it soon)
second: core damage with my hammer
third: core damage with test hammer

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Verviticus posted:

i wanna pvp in hc but i cant find anyone and its making me grumpy

yesterday i just chilled in the pvp zone up north to unlock the cosmetic armor set. opening balefuls, chaining events and the boss

not a single player the entire time. idk it’s where i’m going to level alts from now on, it’sa lot of drops and mobs are super densely packed

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice

Shard posted:

It's still really fun to sit back as a necromancer and start bombing the fight with corpse explosion.

I recently got an aspect that makes them do 40% more damage and turns the corpses into the ghouls that run to an enemy before exploding. It is extremely excellent.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

harrygomm posted:

yesterday i just chilled in the pvp zone up north to unlock the cosmetic armor set. opening balefuls, chaining events and the boss

not a single player the entire time. idk it’s where i’m going to level alts from now on, it’sa lot of drops and mobs are super densely packed

yeah its insanely easy to just chain packs of 3 elites and the chests are easy items too

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

That video just taught me that "injured" is a status that comes into effect when the target is below 35% health. I feel dumb, though I guess the game doesnt ever try to explain that to you so instead I'm going to be annoyed at Blizzard for not providing any sort of obvious explanation for status effects like that in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

That video just taught me that "injured" is a status that comes into effect when the target is below 35% health. I feel dumb, though I guess the game doesnt ever try to explain that to you so instead I'm going to be annoyed at Blizzard for not providing any sort of obvious explanation for status effects like that in the game.

Do you have advance tooltips turned on