Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Vincent posted:

Besides him and Charles Laughton, which other director only made 1 feature lenght movie but loving knocked it out of the park?

Peter Newbrook, The Asphyx is a fantastic horror movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
https://twitter.com/ZODIAC_MF/status/1678453404492865540

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Bro it’s fun to have fun. Calm down idiot and love the bomb

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

I really hate that tons of movie theaters are all reserved seating now. Please don’t make the old lady in front of me at the box office pick out a seat on a chart even I can barely read

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Who tf hates reserved seating

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Love it when a family rolls up fifteen minutes into a movie and uses their phone flashlight to find the exact seat they are assigned to

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Reserved seating sucks because a lot of people don’t pay any attention to it and just sit wherever anyways. Then you have to go and have an awkward conversation with them so that you aren’t sitting in somebody else’s seat yourself. Don’t make a job for me.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Anonymous Robot posted:

Reserved seating sucks because a lot of people don’t pay any attention to it and just sit wherever anyways. Then you have to go and have an awkward conversation with them so that you aren’t sitting in somebody else’s seat yourself. Don’t make a job for me.

Exactly. If there's reserved seating, there should also be ushers.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Jenny Agutter posted:

I really hate that tons of movie theaters are all reserved seating now. Please don’t make the old lady in front of me at the box office pick out a seat on a chart even I can barely read

not only that, (reserved seating is fine) but AMC in my area is up charging for the better locations in the middle of the theatre lol

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Bring back ushers and let them sit and watch the movie too, but as a stipulation it's their job to go 'SHHHHH' when someone starts talking in the middle of the movie, I think it's a fair compromise.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

mcmagic posted:

not only that, (reserved seating is fine) but AMC in my area is up charging for the better locations in the middle of the theatre lol

That is loving bullshit.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

mcmagic posted:

Another great reason to just say No! To reserved seating

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
When I could still be bothered to go to theaters I liked reserve seating just because I could look online before I left and avoid busy showings

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Reserve seating rules

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Anonymous Robot posted:

Oh great, we shouldn't do Thing because people are morons!

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Grendels Dad posted:

Oh great, we shouldn't do Thing because people are morons!

Unironically this

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

After AMC locks middle row middle column seats behind A-list Premier subscription: at least I can see if the showing will be too busy :)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Jenny Agutter posted:

Love it when a family rolls up fifteen minutes into a movie and uses their phone flashlight to find the exact seat they are assigned to

Truly, it is a hard life.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
They really are trying to make you get A list.... Oppenhemier tickets at the fake imax were 22 with fees and A list is 25 a month lol

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

I've never had any problems resulting from reserved seating. In fact it usually means I can get guaranteed good seats as long as I'm buying the tickets a few hours before showtime.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Escobarbarian posted:

Truly, it is a hard life.

Bro I just want to go to the theater grab a bag of popcorn and sit down to watch the latest blockbusters and indie darlings, I don’t need nor want extra steps in the process

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Jenny Agutter posted:

Bro I just want to go to the theater grab a bag of popcorn and sit down to watch the latest blockbusters and indie darlings, I don’t need nor want extra steps in the process

It’s just picking a seat lol just do it in advance and get a good one instead of ranting like an unhinged lunatic

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Just sit wherever you'd like. Reserved seating or not, if they snooze they lose

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Really hoping Oppenheimer adapts this scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mJ_NJqiqiY

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Escobarbarian posted:

Who tf hates reserved seating

I do most of the time unless it’s the biggest movie of the decade

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
If someone tries to hassle you about sitting in their seat just kick their rear end in front of their family to teach them a lesson about being a nerd

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Escobarbarian posted:

It’s just picking a seat lol just do it in advance and get a good one instead of ranting like an unhinged lunatic

The problem is ok you’re like drat I’m bored, I’m gonna go kill two hours to see the new Blockbuster and get there early but all the decent seats are taken so you go drat well can’t go to that.

So you go to another theater, snag a decent seat and sit down but gently caress your seat is squeaky, or the kids in front of you keep bouncing around, so you move over one and now some guys like “hey that’s my seat.”

It’s a pain man. I just wanna sit down and watch a movie

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Jenny Agutter posted:

:911: jusst more EUrocrap being foisted upon me here in murrica :911:

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

All the theaters are about reserved seating, subscirptions, food delivered to your seat
I just wanna watch Tom cruise for gods sake

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

CelticPredator posted:

The problem is ok you’re like drat I’m bored, I’m gonna go kill two hours to see the new Blockbuster and get there early but all the decent seats are taken so you go drat well can’t go to that.

So you go to another theater, snag a decent seat and sit down but gently caress your seat is squeaky, or the kids in front of you keep bouncing around, so you move over one and now some guys like “hey that’s my seat.”

It’s a pain man. I just wanna sit down and watch a movie

I cannot express just how silly and petty this sounds to me. But I also can’t imagine ever just randomly going to see a movie on a whim either

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I did it the other day with Indy. I was out and about and it was hot, so why not go chill in an air conditioned place.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I started watching Something in the Dirt. This movie is playing around in this territory where it could easily slip into unbearably obnoxious, but so far it’s staying just south of that line into “extremely my poo poo” territory.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

CelticPredator posted:

I did it the other day with Indy. I was out and about and it was hot, so why not go chill in an air conditioned place.

It's called my apartment. Nobody ever tells me to get off my couch.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I get anxious and sad when I’m inside all day

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Gripweed posted:

I started watching Something in the Dirt. This movie is playing around in this territory where it could easily slip into unbearably obnoxious, but so far it’s staying just south of that line into “extremely my poo poo” territory.

It owns

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

CelticPredator posted:

Because there are many people who have things like, I dunno, loving obligations that keep them from doing that.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Ok? I was not one of them lol. Am I not allowed to see a movie on a whim because I had a day off

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

CelticPredator posted:

Ok? I was not one of them lol. Am I not allowed to see a movie on a whim because I had a day off

That is extremely insensitive to people who had that day on. Do better.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I don’t feel bad for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I do miss the days where it's 2 pm and I aint got poo poo to do so I just go the theater. It was dope