Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Yeah. There's a local show here that ran for ages that has aged very, very badly, especially the interaction with women and how, for example, they're always pinched in the rear end which is just played as a harmless joke.

Watching it now you're like "holy poo poo how did we ever think that was funny?"

It's always on repeats and I could see how they wouldn't want to actively broadcast some of the worst episodes.

Still don't think it should be removed from streaming though. Yes, media used to be a lot more racist/sexist/... all the ists. Acknowledge it and improve, don't try to erase that it happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Also Charlie shut up.gif

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Your Uncle Dracula posted:

Charlie_ohmygod_shutup.gif

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Is it better or worse they didn't remove The Gang Turns Black

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

quote:

Charlie_what's_ur_spaghetti_policy.gif

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Last Celebration posted:

I’m black and it kinda feels disingenuous and perfunctory to remove those eps. That’s just me though, maybe other people of color found it offensive but “this character is so stupid they thought doing blackface in their lovely Lethal Weapon reboot, that’s the joke, how stupid and lovely they are” is still pretty funny to me.

I appreciate your opinion and taking the time to type it up. I happen to agree. However, some white nerds in this thread have said it's awful and not funny in any way and we are in fact a horrible people for laughing at it. Feels bad man.

[rob_blackface_murtaugh_too_old_for_this_shit.gif]

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Literally nobody said that.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Odysseus always up to something!

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

Wasn't the "what are the rules?" stuff in that episode a bit of meta commentary?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

LividLiquid posted:

Literally nobody said that.

It is more accurate as to what you said than what you claimed was going on in here, though.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

RBA Starblade posted:

They didn't do black face in the episode. So it doesn't fall under the blanked black face Hulu ban.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em9NDCgkybA

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

What are the rules?

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Cojawfee posted:

What are the rules?

They like pairing Frank and Dee up for these discussions don't they.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That final line :discourse:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I'm not gonna' go off about somebody buying me a goddamn blackface avatar aside from saying, what the gently caress must it take for somebody who does that to think they're the babyface here?

But the next time this conversation happens, I'm gonna' try my damndest to only say "can we not?"

Because I would also very much like it if we could not.

And if y'all are as gung-ho on not wanting to see or engage with an awful loving pages-long derail about blackface like I am, maybe shut down the topic with me, will ya'? I don't ever want to talk about this ever again ever just as much as you never want to hear about how uncomfortable it makes me when people complain about how blackface is censored.

LividLiquid fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Jul 10, 2023

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

They didn't do black face in the episode. So it doesn't fall under the blanked black face Hulu ban.

It's also an episode very much about white privilege and racial discrimination, it would be absolutely wild if that one got pulled for racism

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Ok

Ask a mod and they’ll blank it for you

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Your Uncle Dracula posted:

Ok

Ask a mod and they’ll blank it for you
Thank you. Can I actually do this? Like, click on a TVIV mod, send 'em a message, and not have to pay ten bucks for people on the forums to not think I picked a horrendously racist avatar on purpose?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Mods will blank racist/sexist/etc avatars for free usually

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Yea mods will likely remove that avatar if you ask. Not sure if you have to ask in TVIV, any forums with an active mod probably can take care of it. Also it's only $5 if you want to change your own avatar. :eng101:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Thank you for being helpful. Person before you to. Took your advice and texted a mod.

I shouldn't have to let somebody who spent money to make me look racist force me to spend money I really can't spare right now to not look racist.

That's really, *really* hosed up.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
This is all very interesting.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Ariza posted:

This is all very interesting.

My head is swimming.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I think we all learnt alot from this. Stop arguing about the pulled episodes and don't buy people racist avatars. Those are the rules

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

No Dignity posted:

I think we all learnt alot from this. Stop arguing about the pulled episodes and don't buy people racist avatars. Those are the rules

What are the rules?

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Da Maniac loves you

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Hughmoris posted:

Da Maniac loves you

Now go get him grease

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

No Dignity posted:

Those are the rules

Where do I put my feet?

Somec
Jul 15, 2006

The latest podcast episode (77) with Randall Einhorn is so awesome. I'm glad they got into some technical aspects too. It's one of my favorite episodes by far.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Gang Gets Racist

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Has Frank said the n word yet, or has it just been Charlie.

Would be a great series finale.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I’m sure mods can check logs, but I can vow it was nothing to do with me. I don’t like spending money on my own account, so I’m sure as hell not gonna do it to someone else’s.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
What the gently caress thread.
How is a glass of water with an angry face on top of it racist?

Jesus loving christ

Fozzy The Bear fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jul 11, 2023

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
It's the old av with blackface painted over it

Seems pretty obvious to me

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

koolkal posted:

It's the old av with blackface painted over it

Seems pretty obvious to me

First, who memorizes avatars.

Secondly its a black smilie face made to look angry, it isn't a real person, this isn't racist, its a smilie emoji

This thread is as dumb as the characters on Its Always Sunny, except it isn't funny.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Thry made the face black, in response to an argument about blackface. How much more spelling out do you need

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Fozzy The Bear posted:

First, who memorizes avatars.

Secondly its a black smilie face made to look angry, it isn't a real person, this isn't racist, its a smilie emoji

This thread is as dumb as the characters on Its Always Sunny, except it isn't funny.

We get it, you want to be able to say the n word.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

:gas:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
So the podcast,

good ep, I liked hearing einhorns journey and he seems super chill. I hope they bring in more crew people, the change up every now and then is cool.

Also shout out to whoever said get the sponsorblock extension, wish I knew about this earlier