Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
One leftist or minority says something that sounds bad in or out of context: clearly they are the queen of the hive-mind that is that group
Multiple fascists openly admit to doing mass shootings because of right-wing talking points: lone wolves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Yet another thing explained, at least in part, by projection imo. The right side of our political spectrum is plenty diverse and nutty but they're more apt to tow party line, champion traditional values (whatever the gently caress that means to any group or individual), and overall participate in a kind of monoculture groupthink. So of course whatever one leftist does or says applies to all leftists because they're so accostumed to seeing things from the point of view of their own in group which they believe to be the vast majority. In the example of the shooter, and in direct and obvious contradiction to the in group mono stuff, they outwardly advocate for individualism, so of course those bad right wingers weren't real wingers and are instead just deranged individuals.

A combo of projection and conservativism can never fail it can only be failed.

Though it's s just as easily explained by putting all this observation aside and simply recognizing that it's all lazy narrative building flimsy bullshit.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I'm seeing a lot of chuds compare this to all the parents that get away with "transing" their kids.
https://twitter.com/DylanMAllman/status/1677694796968673282?t=_Do7Ro3XdW_IMed9IJaIpw&s=19

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

If I made my own testosterone pills in my kitchen and gave them to my kid, I’d expect to be arrested too.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
https://twitter.com/mybadtakes/status/1677696881143554053/photo/1

So, yeah, I'd say it's safe to say there's some context missing.

I mean, if a parent drunkenly forced their kid to take hormones, you can sure as gently caress haul them off to jail too, I don't think anyone would argue with that even a bit.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

PT6A posted:

https://twitter.com/mybadtakes/status/1677696881143554053/photo/1

So, yeah, I'd say it's safe to say there's some context missing.

I mean, if a parent drunkenly forced their kid to take hormones, you can sure as gently caress haul them off to jail too, I don't think anyone would argue with that even a bit.

They ended up dropping the charges against the dad. But make no mistake this incident will be weaponized against public schools, not the police. The narrative is that all this played out because of what the school overheard the kid say, only to have the kid later deny it to police. We'll never know what really happened, maybe the kid was abused by his dad maybe he made up the scenario to show off to his friends or something. And that's the frustrating thing about these incidents- the accusers are never in a position to give true context, either because they're themselves involved in the investigation or connected to the situation in a way that would give up too much privacy to speak out. But the accused can always mouth off about what happened and people will just take it at face value.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I feel like it must be so easy to be a smart-rear end kid in a conservative family since you get encouraged to pull this kind of poo poo and get praised and love bombed for simply being obnoxious to others.
https://twitter.com/MattWallace888/status/1678329693412491265?t=EchnyVRlJtXEtCGMhMRJwQ&s=19

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Charges were dropped against ear-piercing dad about a month after he was arrested.

They started investigating because the son said at school that his dad forcibly, drunkenly put him in a "chokehold" and pierced his ear. But he wouldn't make any complaints to the police, and in the video you can hear him say "I wanted my ears pierced..." It could be that he was telling a joke that was misinterpreted in school, it could be that he was exaggerating for some reason, or it could be that his initial account was accurate and he changed his story when there were potential legal consequences for his father.

I think the kid lying to the cops to protect his dickhead dad is probably the most likely explanation, although I don't think "unlicensed body art" would be the crime I would name in that situation.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Panfilo posted:

I feel like it must be so easy to be a smart-rear end kid in a conservative family since you get encouraged to pull this kind of poo poo and get praised and love bombed for simply being obnoxious to others.
https://twitter.com/MattWallace888/status/1678329693412491265?t=EchnyVRlJtXEtCGMhMRJwQ&s=19

Great background music. Conservatives understand the music they use challenge (impossible).

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My favorite usage of a protest song as a patriotic song had to be some commercial that used "Fortune Son." I don't remember what it was for - probably a truck.

Soulless Ad Execs posted:

SOME FOLKS WERE BORN MADE TO WAIVE THE FLAG
OOOH THAT RED WHITE AND BLUE

--end of song--

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXz_Kjf4Msk

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mellow Seas posted:

My favorite usage of a protest song as a patriotic song had to be some commercial that used "Fortune Son." I don't remember what it was for - probably a truck.

OK I looked it up, it was Wrangler jeans.

Fogerty was pissed.

SF Gate, 2002 posted:

Fogerty, the guiding force behind Creedence Clearwater Revival's hits of the late '60s and early '70s and now a solo performer, has fretted for more than two years as one of his most meaningful songs, the Vietnam War-era protest anthem "Fortunate Son," has been used by Wrangler as a patriotic endorsement of its jeans.

"It makes me angry," he said by phone from his home in Los Angeles, where he lives with his wife and four children and is writing songs for a new album, his first since 1997. "When you use a song for a TV commercial, it trivializes the meaning of the song. It almost turns it into nothing."

Wrangler was able to have its way with Fogerty's 1969 hit because he long ago signed away legal control of his old recordings to Creedence's record label, Fantasy Records. Without consulting Fogerty, Fantasy sold Wrangler permission to use the lyrics and master recording of "Fortunate Son," a stark, hard-rocking song about privilege and hypocrisy.

https://www.sfgate.com/entertainment/article/Fogerty-to-Wrangler-Song-in-ad-ain-t-me-2757730.php

lmao this was over 20 years ago and I thought it was like, five, sweet Jesus am I getting old.

e: Oh hey AV Club reported that Fogerty reclaimed the rights to the CCR catalog back in January '23, so that's nice.

Mellow Seas fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jul 10, 2023

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Mellow Seas posted:

Hannity used to use that leading verse in his show intro, as well. No idea if he still does, because though my self loathing runs deep, it's not so much that I'd watch that loving show.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
Wait a minute, are you guys telling me there's a possibility that the police... lied?

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
Nebraska has a “mandatory reporting” law for child abuse. So if an adult has even a suspicion of child abuse occurring we are required by law to report it or face a possibly felony charge for not reporting. There is also some clause that makes this ESPECIALLY apply to teachers. Any teacher overhearing “my dad got drunk and put me in a chokehold” would absolutely report it to the police. Even if the kid said it as a joke.

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Is Arkansas the most forgotten state? I feel like it’s passed Delaware because too many people remember Delaware for being forgettable.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

mds2 posted:

Nebraska has a “mandatory reporting” law for child abuse. So if an adult has even a suspicion of child abuse occurring we are required by law to report it or face a possibly felony charge for not reporting. There is also some clause that makes this ESPECIALLY apply to teachers. Any teacher overhearing “my dad got drunk and put me in a chokehold” would absolutely report it to the police. Even if the kid said it as a joke.

I was just going to say, those teachers are mandatory reporters they literally had to tell the police.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Jaxyon posted:

I was just going to say, those teachers are mandatory reporters they literally had to tell the police.

Yep, I am a teacher in a different state and we are all mandated reporters and if we do not report something “credible” then we can get in trouble.

If I heard a kid say that, I would send it forward to our report line or the counselor that works with that student.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Hannity used to use that leading verse in his show intro, as well. No idea if he still does, because though my self loathing runs deep, it's not so much that I'd watch that loving show.

His radio show lead in music is:

WEll, we're comin'
To your cit-ay
Gonna play our guitars
And sing you a country song!

It's pretty stupid

EDIT

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/bud-light-plummets-14th-place-210130892.html

Bud Light Plummets To 14th Place Among Beers As Anheuser-Busch CEO Pleads For Consumers To Think Of The 65,000 Employees Impacted By Boycotts

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jul 11, 2023

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Huh, guess boycotts really do work!

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Why did this one work? Because only reactionary freaks drink Budweiser?

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

I AM GRANDO posted:

Why did this one work? Because only reactionary freaks drink Budweiser?

1) Chuds are psychos who not only kept up the boycott, they went as far as to call in bomb threats against multiple brewing factories over this poo poo because that's how much they hate trans people
2) The company put out this half assed statement where they tried to walk back their position a bit to please everyone, but instead managed to piss off both sides
3) There are tons of light beer alternatives that taste identical to Bud Light or taste better, so it's not exactly a difficult boycott to keep up
4) Seriously, Bud Light is a lovely beer, who cares.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Christ these morons are like a dog that chomped on its own tail and steadfastly refuses to let go.

https://twitter.com/DC_Draino/status/1678540950090440711?t=rj5McNNx1cf-be7npOMETw&s=19

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Why is Ear Piercing Dad getting so much play right now? He was arrested in April and the charges were dropped in May.

I assume someone is trying to get him on the Joe the Plumber train or somethin. Beyond his Facebook being slathered in the standard repost/sharing of Fascist Biden Crime Family Illegitimate Government Coming For Our Guns And They'll Get Them Heh Heh stuff, his last non-repost post was a barely coherent shaggy dog joke about how back during Reconstruction the Democrats in Louisiana refused to let black people join their party and ended up killing hundreds of African Americans... and that's the one good thing Democrats have ever done, haw haw haw!

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Maybe him and Bean Dad are gonna team up on the Child Torture Channel I mean TLC

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Iowa mailer
Really showing their desperation

https://www.bleedingheartland.com/2023/07/08/iowa-mailer-thanks-donald-trump-for-pro-lgbtq-stances/

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL
nevermind. read article.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
That might kinda work considering how much of Trump's support is rooted in him hating the same people his base does.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Mike Lindell finally ran out of cash for the lie spreading shenanigans.

"MyPillow is auctioning off hundreds of pieces of equipment and subleasing manufacturing space after several shopping networks and major retailers took the company's products off shelves.
The Chaska-based manufacturer recently listed more than 850 "surplus equipment" items on the online auction site K-Bid. Sewing machines, industrial fabric spreaders, forklifts and even desks and chairs are up for auction."

"The auction does not appear related to the $1.3 billion defamation lawsuit targeting both Lindell and MyPillow, which is ongoing in federal court."

If by related you mean because of all the poo poo he spews, then its completely related.

https://www.startribune.com/mypillow-is-auctioning-off-equipment-after-losing-many-retailers-mike-lindell-minn-2020-election/600288705/

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

The "biological male" phrase says a lot about who actually sent this and who the actual intended recipient is.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Queering Wheel posted:

1) Chuds are psychos who not only kept up the boycott, they went as far as to call in bomb threats against multiple brewing factories over this poo poo because that's how much they hate trans people
2) The company put out this half assed statement where they tried to walk back their position a bit to please everyone, but instead managed to piss off both sides
3) There are tons of light beer alternatives that taste identical to Bud Light or taste better, so it's not exactly a difficult boycott to keep up
4) Seriously, Bud Light is a lovely beer, who cares.

I may have posted it before but I seriously wonder how much poo poo the truck drivers of the Bud Light semis catch from co-workers or from chuds out in the wild. I bet it's a fairly significant amount. I have to imagine there are more than a few right leaning drivers who don't want to drive those trucks either or are ashamed of it. So loving stupid.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

...! posted:

The "biological male" phrase says a lot about who actually sent this and who the actual intended recipient is.

It’s like those memes that are supposedly orders from “antifa headquarters.”

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

...! posted:

The intended audience will absolutely take it at face value

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

So the Biden informant was in fact a Chinese spy?
Eric Swallwell has the biggest grin on his face today.

"Gal Luft, a Dual U.S.-Israeli Citizen, Allegedly Evaded FARA Registration While Working to Advance the Interests of China in the United States and Sought to Broker the Illicit Sales of Chinese-Manufactured Weapons and Iranian Oil to China"

https://twitter.com/po_possum/status/1678586653068382208

https://twitter.com/SDNYnews/status/1678514463052296192

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/pr/us-attorney-announces-charges-against-co-director-think-tank-acting-unregistered

https://twitter.com/CollinRugg/status/1678532987057741825

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Hannity said on his show today that he "doesn't reveal his sources". I distinctly remember 100's of times he shat on real journalists for using anonymous sources in their articles.

Come to think of it, I recall him volunteering to get waterboarded. The two or three times I've tried to get on air I planned to pretend to be a right winger and ask him about it under the guise of "you should do it, Sean. SHow these dumb libs it's not torture" but probably nobody cares much about that anymore.

Kinda miss the days when the Stern show would call bomb a radio show because an undercover right wing, grass roots push to get Hannity waterboarded would be very funny.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Mellow Seas posted:

OK I looked it up, it was Wrangler jeans.

Fogerty was pissed.

lmao this was over 20 years ago and I thought it was like, five, sweet Jesus am I getting old.

e: Oh hey AV Club reported that Fogerty reclaimed the rights to the CCR catalog back in January '23, so that's nice.

Fantasy Records was also super lovely and I'm not surprised they did something like that, and probably franky to personally hurt Fogerty. Look up Fantasy Records v Fogerty, where John Fogerty got sued for.... sounding too much like John Fogerty.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Han doesnt have sources because he's not a journalist, he's an entertainer. - his words in the past (also him hurting his own ego )

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1678786719947149317?t=nXuFfCq-g_7ByUTyILAArg&s=19

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Is he going senile already

I guess this is him complaining about NIL in college sports, which was approved by the current conservative Supreme Court.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

FlamingLiberal posted:

Is he going senile already

I guess this is him complaining about NIL in college sports, which was approved by the current conservative Supreme Court.

Also strange how in a hearing about PGA-LIV merger he's wringing his hands over "rap stars" in college basketball.

...wait no not strange, that's exactly what I'd expect from the son of Ron Paul.