Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

good game, it is bitterly funny how people were deluding themselves into nintendo giving us playable warrior princess zelda and they instead turned her into a big bird-brained worm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

I love how they decorate the Hateno goddess after the contest!

(I'm assuming it was after; I'm pretty sure I remember it being plain before then.)

Also I'm an idiot. Read the notices Misko leaves you, people, don't be an idiot like me and spend far too long getting your rear end zapped by a gleeok.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Speaking of decorations, was there anything interesting to do with the flower garland in Kakariko?

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Inferior Third Season posted:

Speaking of decorations, was there anything interesting to do with the flower garland in Kakariko?

It's part of helping out one of the Gerudo ladies attending the Voe and You class in Gerudo Town.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Inferior Third Season posted:

You need to bring it to one of the gals in Gerudo Town in the Talking with Voes lessons.

I do not remember a reward

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Wheeled pelvis design seems to be becoming the favorite for walking mechs

https://twitter.com/ekudy/status/1678398803991478272?s=46&t=Kzmv5HsyFqNWsBcA-dIRLA

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
But can it survive a Lyne's Fus-Ro-Dah?

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Runcible Cat posted:

Also I'm an idiot. Read the notices Misko leaves you, people, don't be an idiot like me and spend far too long getting your rear end zapped by a gleeok.

What?

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Are folks not checking progress using online maps? I dunno how I'd bother finding all the caves otherwise.

https://www.zeldadungeon.net/tears-of-the-kingdom-interactive-map

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Usually there’s something that looks like a tombstone next to a misko chest that gives you a clue to the next one

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

If it's the one I'm thinking of, one of Misko's treasures is at the Ancient Columns, where you're told the switch to open the door is hidden on top of one of said columns. There's a lightning gleeok very close by so if you're fumbling around it might getcha.

Not So Fast posted:

Are folks not checking progress using online maps? I dunno how I'd bother finding all the caves otherwise.

https://www.zeldadungeon.net/tears-of-the-kingdom-interactive-map

There's plenty of ways to find them in-game that doesn't require a guide:

- Talk to Koltin
- Set your sensor+ to Blupees or Bubbulfrogs
- Make an offering at a sakura tree

I finished the game completely blind with the HUD turned off and never felt like anything was too hard to find.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Steve Yun posted:

Usually there’s something that looks like a tombstone next to a misko chest that gives you a clue to the next one

What.

I've just been wandering around looking for caves or people with tips.

Only had to look up the last rubber set piece because I wanted to ride the lightning dragon. Lots of incomplete sets too.

Edit: lynel hunting is fun as heck though. Whoever suggested royal guard weapons during the ride makes them go quick.

Mustached Demon fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jul 10, 2023

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Usually the entry into Misko treasures is some random traveler nearby or the stupid treasure Hunter guys or stumbling onto one randomly in a cave but once you get one you read the stone tablet next to the chest to get a clue to the next one and it becomes a quest chain

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Is there a proper end to the side story of the weird lady with the sand seal stuffies or is she just in a couple random places to run her little minigame? I want the kids in Hateno village to get their seal toys.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Coxswain Balls posted:

Is there a proper end to the side story of the weird lady with the sand seal stuffies or is she just in a couple random places to run her little minigame? I want the kids in Hateno village to get their seal toys.

not possible, they're attached to my shields and sticks.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Steve Yun posted:

Usually the entry into Misko treasures is some random traveler nearby or the stupid treasure Hunter guys or stumbling onto one randomly in a cave but once you get one you read the stone tablet next to the chest to get a clue to the next one and it becomes a quest chain

I could not for the life of me figure out the one where you’re supposed to entice a dog to lead you to the chest. No matter how much meat and fruit I shoved down his gullet he would turn around and go back to his tent halfway through. Got mad and ended up brute forcing like 30 chests which still took less time than I spent on the drat dog lol

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

There's a cave on the north side cliff of the Gerudo Highlands, it's in the lightning graffiti where you had to fire a shock arrow at it to open up a shrine in BOTW. You need to use Riju's ability to open up a gate to get to a chest. The chest contains one large zonaite. Huge WTF moment for me.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Docjowles posted:

I could not for the life of me figure out the one where you’re supposed to entice a dog to lead you to the chest. No matter how much meat and fruit I shoved down his gullet he would turn around and go back to his tent halfway through. Got mad and ended up brute forcing like 30 chests which still took less time than I spent on the drat dog lol

That one felt like it was bugged. When you give dogs enough food they do a specific animation to let you know they're satisfied and they lead you straight to a treasure. Other dogs are usually satisfied after giving them four or five raw meats, but that one didn't trigger until I gave him like forty. At first I thought I was just giving him a few steaks and watching where he walks, but that actually doesn't mean anything. It's kind of misleading if you don't know about the animation.

bawk posted:

not possible, they're attached to my shields and sticks.

You monster

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Docjowles posted:

Yeah I didn't even bother finding a dog, I just opened the chests. There weren't even that many of them.

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

Steve Yun posted:

I never noticed this. Holy crap that changes everything.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Steve Yun posted:

I have several pieces of Misko armor and I've never seen this!

Coxswain Balls posted:

That one felt like it was bugged. When you give dogs enough food they do a specific animation to let you know they're satisfied and they lead you straight to a treasure. Other dogs are usually satisfied after giving them four or five raw meats, but that one didn't trigger until I gave him like forty. At first I thought I was just giving him a few steaks and watching where he walks, but that actually doesn't mean anything. It's kind of misleading if you don't know about the animation.

You monster

FYI: Dogs will happily eat apples for these!

BitBasher fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jul 11, 2023

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Tokelau All Star posted:

There's a cave on the north side cliff of the Gerudo Highlands, it's in the lightning graffiti where you had to fire a shock arrow at it to open up a shrine in BOTW. You need to use Riju's ability to open up a gate to get to a chest. The chest contains one large zonaite. Huge WTF moment for me.

I thought the same thing, it's a cool looking cave with a unique requirement and the reward is... an item I get from hitting rocks in the Depths? I thought for sure I was missing something in there

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

BitBasher posted:

FYI: Dogs will happily eat apples for these!

I beg your pardon :crossarms:

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Jerusalem posted:

I beg your pardon :crossarms:

Yeah what the gently caress

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

I wanna see a Zelda dog crush a hydromelon

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Uhhhhhhh

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Climactic battle spoilers

code:
https://twitter.com/pm0200kt/status/1678395874697949184?s=46&t=Kzmv5HsyFqNWsBcA-dIRLA
Edit: lol

code:
 https://twitter.com/yukino_san_14/status/1678425183193907200?s=46&t=Kzmv5HsyFqNWsBcA-dIRLA

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jul 11, 2023

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

PittTheElder posted:

I wanna see a Zelda dog crush a hydromelon

https://i.imgur.com/lnbvl8y.mp4

Nooooo

That was supposed to be delicious food for you, dog :yikes:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
So it’s a boy dog

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Cast iron aesthetic

https://twitter.com/ekudy/status/1678398803991478272?s=46&t=Kzmv5HsyFqNWsBcA-dIRLA

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Steve Yun posted:

Wheeled pelvis design seems to be becoming the favorite for walking mechs

you posted this already

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
How do you get to the top right corner of The Depths? I have 3 or 4 Old Map locations there and I could never get to any of them because there is always a wall in the way that you can't go over or around

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
More endgame hijinks

code:
https://twitter.com/yukino_san_14/status/1678607741957582848?s=46&t=Kzmv5HsyFqNWsBcA-dIRLA

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Elephant Ambush posted:

How do you get to the top right corner of The Depths? I have 3 or 4 Old Map locations there and I could never get to any of them because there is always a wall in the way that you can't go over or around

I don't know where exactly you're looking at, but the main thing I remember from that general area is getting stuck trying to find a chest until I found a chasm hole on some islands east of the main landmass near the top right of the map. Also labyrinths you have to solve to get Depths access in a small area north of the main map. Maybe one of those?

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Elephant Ambush posted:

Gotta find a chasm in that area. There are a few places like that.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

If I'm thinking of the right place, it's the top of the chain of islands on the upper right of the map, you'll find a narrow gap in the surface that leads into a chasm, and at the bottom are a series of blocked tunnels to lead to the next island till you eventually get to where the map X is.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Coxswain Balls posted:

If it's the one I'm thinking of, one of Misko's treasures is at the Ancient Columns, where you're told the switch to open the door is hidden on top of one of said columns. There's a lightning gleeok very close by so if you're fumbling around it might getcha

It's the sign next to that one telling me how to get at the next one I didn't read. Misko loved hiding poo poo near gleeoks.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Elephant Ambush posted:

If it's the top-top right, you have to do the Labyrinth.

If it's just the Akkala area in general, check out Skull Lake

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

edit nm beaten. What bawk said

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jul 11, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I really hate when world boss battles suddenly just turn into "lol now you have to fly a million feet in the air to reach me" when the boss gets to the last section of health. The king gleeok fight was fine until that where I can't even see where the gleeok even is because I have to look down while paragliding up.