Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

That DICK! posted:

Twisted metal was great but by 3 they had totally run out of ideas and all the endings were like “so your wish is to spend all your time hanging with your homeys? Very well you are now all clocks and being executed by hanging”

Did you know Sony took the IP away from the original developers after 2 and handed it off to 989 Studios because they wanted to release a new Twisted Metal game every year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Father Wendigo posted:

Did you know Sony took the IP away from the original developers after 2 and handed it off to 989 Studios because they wanted to release a new Twisted Metal game every year?

:stare:

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Father Wendigo posted:

Just hearing "989 Studios" gives me such warm memories of the Syphon Filter games.

Fatman6942!
Jul 3, 2023

by vyelkin

Crescent Wrench posted:

Just hearing "989 Studios" gives me such warm memories of the Syphon Filter games.

i hate that i read that in garaks voice

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

FlamingLiberal posted:

The Twisted Metal game series was never exactly high art, but this streaming show may be one of the cringiest things I've ever seen before if this trailer is anything to go by

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1678439558722072578?s=20

Looks pretty bad but I'm always glad to see a Birthday Boy getting work.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

FlamingLiberal posted:

The Twisted Metal game series was never exactly high art, but this streaming show may be one of the cringiest things I've ever seen before if this trailer is anything to go by

How does this show look both cheap and expensive at the same time?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
please stop trying to make anthony mackie a thing

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

StashAugustine posted:

Yeah Prometheus was a huge fuckin mess but drat if it didn't look cool

drat beautiful mess. i have watched it multiple times. it doesnt get any clearer at any point but man it is gorgeous

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

With Twisted Metal you either throw half a billion dollars at it and make it like Fast and Furious but even more outrageous OR you make an anime

OR you poo poo out an extremely compromised, budget-straining half-measure, which is what they went for

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

There were parts of the trailer where I felt like I was watching that Walking Dead knockoff that The Asylum made a few years ago that somehow ran for 5 seasons when I never heard anyone talking about it ever

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

New Mission Impossible was my least favorite of the series and didn't justify its length :smith:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

There were parts of the trailer where I felt like I was watching that Walking Dead knockoff that The Asylum made a few years ago that somehow ran for 5 seasons when I never heard anyone talking about it ever

I only watched the first season or so but it wasn't bad.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Wait, what?

Oh drat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZFIS2AqAz8

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
z nation is much better than you'd expect but not exactly good

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Stink Billyums posted:

z nation is much better than you'd expect but not exactly good

Yeah it's kind of surprising

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

tom cruise is like the rock where he's actually a really skilled actor but he's become too precious about his image to do anything truly interesting anymore. respect to the stunt king and champion of practical effects but I'd really love to see something like his character from tropic thunder again

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

RealityWarCriminal posted:

please stop trying to make anthony mackie a thing

Don’t you want to hear more of his opinions on Jonathan Majors though?!

I can just imagine the disney pr rep frantically dialing him

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

kalel posted:

tom cruise is like the rock where he's actually a really skilled actor but he's become too precious about his image to do anything truly interesting anymore. respect to the stunt king and champion of practical effects but I'd really love to see something like his character from tropic thunder again
First, take a big step back and literally gently caress YOUR OWN FACE!!!

God, I love that role :allears:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Rageaholic posted:

God, I love that role :allears:

The realization dawning on the theater that it was Tom Cruise was hilarious.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Rageaholic posted:

https://i.imgur.com/E4Lv13N.mp4

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Tropic Thunder is just insanely good, and sadly, probably more impossible to make today than Blazing Saddles. Can you imagine any big actor doing comedy blackface anymore?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Even at the time of release it seemed pretty wild

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Heck the Simple Jack stuff seemed like the bigger deal, RDJ manages to play it perfectly in that he’s making fun of the guy doing the blackface. Did he get pushback on it I don’t even recall. I remember Jamie Foxx saying he had no problem with it and RDJ killed it.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

priznat posted:

Heck the Simple Jack stuff seemed like the bigger deal, RDJ manages to play it perfectly in that he’s making fun of the guy doing the blackface. Did he get pushback on it I don’t even recall. I remember Jamie Foxx saying he had no problem with it and RDJ killed it.

in all fairness, Jamie Foxx is also said to have been notably extremely, supernaturally patient and forgiving with some of the white actors in Django (at least way moreso than Sam Jackson)

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

they’re filming part of the new twister movie up the road from my house (oklahoma city). i have low expectations for it, the first one was only marginally ok.

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

FlamingLiberal posted:

Lol it's coming out on my birthday

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Ok Comboomer posted:

in all fairness, Jamie Foxx is also said to have been notably extremely, supernaturally patient and forgiving with some of the white actors in Django (at least way moreso than Sam Jackson)

Man Django would have been fraught as hell as a filmset.

Although I have heard Sam Jackson say he’s fine with Tarantino’s use of the n word and that guy goes kind of bananas with it.

I do think that the rdj blackface would be killed off during the brainstorming if the film was made today and the overall picture would not suffer from its loss one bit. They’d have something else funny about the character!

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

priznat posted:

Man Django would have been fraught as hell as a filmset.

Although I have heard Sam Jackson say he’s fine with Tarantino’s use of the n word and that guy goes kind of bananas with it.

I do think that the rdj blackface would be killed off during the brainstorming if the film was made today and the overall picture would not suffer from its loss one bit. They’d have something else funny about the character!

Sam Jackson’s Django press tour produced what still might be some of the most uncomfortable press interviews I’ve ever seen in my life

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Space Jam posted:

they’re filming part of the new twister movie up the road from my house (oklahoma city). i have low expectations for it, the first one was only marginally ok.
twister had a really hard falloff from the theater to cable and (especially) home video
it felt craaazy on the big screen. that cow was a meme
and the "I think we're going in!"

but compared to something like independence day, when you scale twister down to a little standard definition screen and the spectacle is lost, it turns out there's just not much besides the spectacle to get excited about.
the stakes are like "will they get the tornado data? 🤔"

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
Roland Emmerich is like living breathing proof that art under capitalism is the farthest loving thing from meritocracy

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Agreed but I will say that he used to be a great director at one point in time. My husband and I recently watched an early movie of Emmerich’s called Moon 44 and it was actually excellent, so much so that I forgot for most of the movie that I was even watching a Roland Emmerich movie. It had a solid plot and great miniature work. Also Brian Thompson is in it and he’s always a fun actor to see popping up in stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M9CKUPzUjc

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Cubone posted:

twister had a really hard falloff from the theater to cable and (especially) home video
it felt craaazy on the big screen. that cow was a meme
and the "I think we're going in!"

but compared to something like independence day, when you scale twister down to a little standard definition screen and the spectacle is lost, it turns out there's just not much besides the spectacle to get excited about.
the stakes are like "will they get the tornado data? 🤔"

I like the plot of YOU STOLE MY IDEA OF A GARBAGE CAN FULL OF SENSORS!

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I like the plot of YOU STOLE MY IDEA OF A GARBAGE CAN FULL OF SENSORS!

lol

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
https://twitter.com/MrBikferd/status/1678610748568739841

(Feel like I should apologize any time I embed Twitter but I can't screenshot this one)

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Ok Comboomer posted:

Sam Jackson’s Django press tour produced what still might be some of the most uncomfortable press interviews I’ve ever seen in my life

If you're talking about that one where he badgers the weenie interviewer to say "the N word", replace uncomfortable with hilarious.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Rageaholic posted:

New Mission Impossible was my least favorite of the series and didn't justify its length :smith:

gently caress me, i am going to watch it today. original voice and non-3D, at least there is that

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

I’ve always loved this movie, it’s has plenty of schlocky low points, but Al Pacino is perfect as the devil.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

As my only experience with tornados, I'll say that twister is a perfect movie

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Twister is my first favorite twist related thing.

1) Twister

2) Twister (Titty)

3) Twist (The)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

idk how you could research Twisted Metal as a TV concept, come across Black--the most popular adaptation---and decide not to just carbon copy that gritty, grim aesthetic. The work has already been done for you, why do....this