Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Zombie Lemur posted:

I've found that this is the easiest way to win though. Key in on one person and let the other two fight it out. Hit your signature on the person you're fighting, hit your finisher on whoever is winning between the other two and toss them out and pin whoever is left.

That's pretty much the only way I've been able to get a pin without it being broken up, aside from one women's match where Britt kept trying to hit me to break up the pin but it had no effect for some reason.

I tried that and just couldn't get a moment where at least 2 people were out of the ring long enough to get a pinfall. A lot of times the ring toss-out move doesn't even work, which I'm guessing is because the damage scaling in the Fatal Four-Way matches is way different than in regular matches? At least it feels that way. In singles matches I can usually win with 1 signature/finisher combo, maybe 2 if it's a tough opponent. In the 4-Ways I can hit all three CPUs with several signature/finishers in a row and every time at least one of them gets up as soon as the 3-count starts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Can you edit real workers’ stats? If not I suppose there’s a logic to making the CAW system a “paying your dues” simulator, especially without a GM mode. Can’t have guys just beating Kenny right out of the box if his stats are always and invariably the best in the game.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Maxwell Lord posted:

Big problem is there’s no penalty for quitting out of a match so they’d rather do that than take an L.

$4.99 - ROH Honor DLC Pack: When an opposing player quits the match during your pin or at the 9 count ,it counts as a win for your records.

i had an Anna Jay player earlier who just stayed out of the ring for as long as possible. after two disconnects in a row, i lost in a fun match to a Danielson and almost missed the handshake afterwards for trying to wrangle my kid

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Drakkel posted:

I tried that and just couldn't get a moment where at least 2 people were out of the ring long enough to get a pinfall. A lot of times the ring toss-out move doesn't even work, which I'm guessing is because the damage scaling in the Fatal Four-Way matches is way different than in regular matches? At least it feels that way. In singles matches I can usually win with 1 signature/finisher combo, maybe 2 if it's a tough opponent. In the 4-Ways I can hit all three CPUs with several signature/finishers in a row and every time at least one of them gets up as soon as the 3-count starts.

I haven't noticed a change in damage, but I know if someone isn't stunned enough it's a lot harder to toss them out of the ring. Another cheap way of winning is to go for a pin when two other wrestlers are in some long drawn out animation for a move. If it's a submission I'm 99% sure that your pin will always supersede the tap out as long you start the pin before they fully lock in whatever hold it is.

As annoying as 4 ways are, what I really hate is tag matches where your partner gets hung up on you and the person being pinned allowing the opposing tag partner to easily break up the pin.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Ganso Bomb posted:

There’s never been good wrestling AI (except maybe Fire Pro?) but I think I’d hate it even more if the 4-ways worked like real wrestling where I hit my finish and someone throws me out of the ring to steal the pin.
Anecdotally I’ve heard that the newest 2K game has fine-tunable AI that works about on the level of fire pro, but I’ve never had the patience to go to that level of depth in customizing poo poo.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Basic Chunnel posted:

Anecdotally I’ve heard that the newest 2K game has fine-tunable AI that works about on the level of fire pro, but I’ve never had the patience to go to that level of depth in customizing poo poo.

It’s not quite as detailed as Fire Pro (where you can set how often they’ll go for certain moves or chain them together etc.) but it does have some options.

FF appears to have a set amount of templates, you can choose between them for your CAW.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I have played exactly one match online, where I played Eddie Kingston facing someone's Chris Jericho and won after two backfists. 10/10 experience

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i just smoked that death triangle 3 way. Infinite special is the way to go makes it easy mode

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
It was fun to watch John Blud beat it his second time. Almost got the count out, couldn’t, threw him up the ramp, hit an orange punch as PAC ran back down the ramp at 8… got the win while grappling pentagon.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Something broken but interesting I've just discovered, the 2nd time you take a CAW through RTE, you will have the additional signatures and finishers even before you unlock them

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Borrowed Ladder posted:

Something broken but interesting I've just discovered, the 2nd time you take a CAW through RTE, you will have the additional signatures and finishers even before you unlock them

That stuff is supposed to carry over, the broken part is that most of it doesn't.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I don’t think you should be able to cancel taunts.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
If the modders exploding this game lets us do custom RTE mode, the first thing I am going to do is write an arc where Miro confronts and kills God so he can face his hot double-jointed wife.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Gavin--dibella has no honor and i want everyone to know. If you fight them in ranked cheese them relentlessly

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Legitimately hot over people leaving ranked games with WITH NO PENALTY!!

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
If anyone is playing this on the Switch, my Friend Code is SW-7105-1130-5354. I'm getting a bit tired of playing against CPUs and it's nigh impossible for me to get a match online even if I changed my region to the Americas, so I'm having trouble playing with actual humans.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Do we know what system has the biggest user base for online play? People keep saying that Switch and PC are bad

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The game has cross-gen play and the PS4+PS5 pool is undoubtedly the biggest

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Astro7x posted:

Do we know what system has the biggest user base for online play? People keep saying that Switch and PC are bad

finding matches on Xbox sucks. the game being really restrictive about matching between disparate rankings doesn't help

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Seems like the developers are really supportive of mods

https://twitter.com/Zyddies/status/1678369697215967232

Volkova III
Jan 5, 2021
Hi! I used to be a regular PSP poster in the early 2010s, and I played a browser game called MMA Tycoon with a bunch of goons. I recently got the bug again and I'm trying to scare up any former players, or maybe people who'd just be interested in playing an MMA-themed browser game that IMO is kind of good, if slow. The time commitment is low, you can get everything set up in less than an hour, and log in a few minutes a day or every few days after that, until or unless you decide you want to go bigger. I'm hoping to have a fully self-contained alliance apparatus running in the next ~2-3 weeks.

If any of that sounds intriguing, drop by the Discord (discord.gg/D8Wx5nK8AC) and see what's up. Hope to see some former players there.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

How the hell do you duplicate a caw? The duplicate option in the CAW creation screen just seems to create a new preset to change their outfit which is not even remotely what I want.

EDIT: Nevermind I eventually realized you have to do it from the list of CAWs not from the CAW creation screen itself.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Did they not write anything beyond block 1 for the women’s rte? Playing with Statlander and now I’m joining the inner circle after defending my belt in the 4-way at the pape.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

RandolphCarter posted:

Did they not write anything beyond block 1 for the women’s rte? Playing with Statlander and now I’m joining the inner circle after defending my belt in the 4-way at the pape.

Nope, the only women-specific stories in all of RTE are the Block 1 storyline for the Women's Title and at some point later one there's a side-quest one week where you can fight Jade Cargill in a ladder match for the TBS Title which is never mentioned before or after that week

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Drakkel posted:

Nope, the only women-specific stories in all of RTE are the Block 1 storyline for the Women's Title and at some point later one there's a side-quest one week where you can fight Jade Cargill in a ladder match for the TBS Title which is never mentioned before or after that week

Booooooooo

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Is the only way to not get Unlikely Partners for block one to win the battle royal?

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
Is there any way to get the "X Is All Elite" graphic after the tiny window of opportunity to take a screenshot after you make the CAW passes

Editing it doesn't bring it back up for me

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

El Generico posted:

Is there any way to get the "X Is All Elite" graphic after the tiny window of opportunity to take a screenshot after you make the CAW passes

Editing it doesn't bring it back up for me

Whenever you tweak a CAW, it'll come up after you Finalize. Still not a long window but more chances.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Is the only way to not get Unlikely Partners for block one to win the battle royal?

Or play as a lady!

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Shard posted:

Seems like the developers are really supportive of mods

https://twitter.com/Zyddies/status/1678369697215967232

Of course they are. It's free labor for them. It's very unsettling actually.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Jubs posted:

jesus christ lol

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Troll or weirdo?

You decide

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i ended up in the big show block after only losing 2 matches the entire time, one to chris jericho to trigger the dork odor storyline and then once to let johnny hungee get a win so i could join up. do you have to lose a bunch in the block to get the show or can i keep my precious win loss record. asking this here cause all the stupid guides seem to think you cant even get into this block while winning previous blocks and you clearly can

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Jubs posted:

it's conveniently forgotten

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

You can win the prank block.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Troll or weirdo?

You decide

Thst guy is definitely a massive freak

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Jubs posted:

Ah, so this is why Nintendo goes after modders on YouTube—it's because they are the hardest working developer today.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Alaois posted:

Thst guy is definitely a massive freak

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I don’t know if YUKES’ engine is actually new or utilizes an Unreal Engine version, but if it’s the latter I wouldn’t get my hopes up for a modder’s paradise. Games with really substantial mods are either on engines explicitly built to that purpose, or are lucky enough to have extremely skilled and dedicated modder-enthusiasts working over a period of years. Idk abt the latter, but IE is decidedly not the former.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Basic Chunnel posted:

I don’t know if YUKES’ engine is actually new or utilizes an Unreal Engine version, but if it’s the latter I wouldn’t get my hopes up for a modder’s paradise. Games with really substantial mods are either on engines explicitly built to that purpose, or are lucky enough to have extremely skilled and dedicated modder-enthusiasts working over a period of years. Idk abt the latter, but IE is decidedly not the former.

it's a UE4 game but being a UE4 game doesn't mean mods are impossible, KOF XV is UE4 and has tons of model swap mods and poo poo