Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

MarcusSA posted:

I also wasted a lot of silver but IDGAF

Ah yeah hey, same!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

To put the 10k hot potatoes needed for the temple chain into perspective, the current market rate is 10-15g per 100 in trade. That means the temple chain requires the equivalent of 1,000 to 1,500 gold.

I’m growing a boatload of potatoes and have made out like a bandit on the market, but if I wanted to do temple and not spend a ton of gold here’s what I’d do:

- Buy a few sets of cookies at 100g a pop.
- Use the cookies at reset to get 36 grape juice uses for a cookie set. This nets a little more than 2k hot potatoes assuming all the perks and 12 farm rows.
- Sell 1k of the hot potatoes to recoup the cost of cookies and stick the rest in temple.

Do that a few times and you’re set without much cost or effort. Certainly nowhere near the effort of growing potatoes every second of the day. You’ll probably get close to mastering them this way too (and GMing potatoes if you haven’t already). Any potatoes you grow on top of that is just icing on the cake - do the cookie trick once less or sell your excess for gold.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I still need potatoes for the corn quest so :shrug: I’m gonna keep growing them and then when they show up in the borgen shop I’ll finish what I need.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Holger going to be maxing out his mailbox next time he's Townfolk of the day.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

Holger going to be maxing out his mailbox next time he's Townfolk of the day.

Jokes on you, I was giving him taters so he'd give me his recipe.

Helps I haven't got past COI 1 yet.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I spent all week growing watermelon for the piece of heart temple reward and my very last watermelon crop gave me a piece of heart

I'm sure there's a moral there somewhere

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Ruggan posted:

- Buy a few sets of cookies at 100g a pop.
- Use the cookies at reset to get 36 grape juice uses for a cookie set. This nets a little more than 2k hot potatoes assuming all the perks and 12 farm rows.

Do cookies... Stack? What is a cookie "set"?

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

H110Hawk posted:

Do cookies... Stack? What is a cookie "set"?

Happy cookies, spooky cookies, and lovely cookies all have the same effect but are different meals so if you use all three at once you get 9 extra of whatever you are growing.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

8one6 posted:

Happy cookies, spooky cookies, and lovely cookies all have the same effect but are different meals so if you use all three at once you get 9 extra of whatever you are growing.

Lol TIL. That makes grape juice way more powerful.

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

Drug Free Since: Lunch
It feels weird to not turn in a temp quest but there’s no way I’m giving rockets red glare 2000 corn when I don’t even think I can do the next step (tower level) and anyway it’s 5000 more corn

I’m spending corn on working toward the boots in the temple. Between the two gold boots and a gold potato, it doesn’t feel like I’ll ever finish wall in the way.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

it'll be back next year

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
:stare:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

lol just came to post that.

Easy potatoes.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Uh

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

:catstare:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

... and Sand Dollars can be dropped from potatoes right

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

man I need to make AP room again so I can get that last tower level

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Somehow I had 2600 Magic Conch Shells sitting around already. I did have to throw 10k LN to get my frost snapper shells though, since I've crafted 13k frost shields. But, that was NBD, just wish I had done it a week ago!

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Kaboobi posted:

man I need to make AP room again so I can get that last tower level

This (plus the availability of AP and AC x5 meals) got me off my rear end to knock out t199 this morning too. It also incidentally got me to use enough APs and ACs to actually turn in Excuuuse me, Farmer V after however many months of sitting on it

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Geist is now considered a townfolk and has her own friendship meter.

buddy.farm has her likes/dislikes - and Geist has has very cool dislikes that fit with her story. Worms/gummy worms like many townfolk, but also black powder, exposives, and axes.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Oh come on. I really don’t want have to grind to 199 for that bullshit lol

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Twincityhacker posted:

buddy.farm has her likes/dislikes - and Geist has has very cool dislikes that fit with her story. Worms/gummy worms like many townfolk, but also black powder, exposives, and axes.

I appreciate this and wish that the lore of this game wasn't timegated behind such ridiculous quest requirements

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Twincityhacker posted:

Interesting:

buddy.farm posted:

Heart Containers provide 10,000,000 XP, all other items provide 1 XP.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

H110Hawk posted:

Interesting:

I have 4 so lol maybe?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lmao

Level 4

Level 52

With 1 container

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

MarcusSA posted:

I have 4 so lol maybe?

Exactly what just went through my head. Does it have any good rewards?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

rafikki posted:

Exactly what just went through my head. Does it have any good rewards?

No lmao

Whatever though I have 3 left so :shrug:

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Uhhh apparently Large Clam Shells get zeroed on "Sell All" fishing because despite being T199 for months I have 34 large clams.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

mrmcd posted:

Uhhh apparently Large Clam Shells get zeroed on "Sell All" fishing because despite being T199 for months I have 34 large clams.

?

I use sell all fishing all the time. It must have accidentally become unlocked.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

mrmcd posted:

Yeah you must have unlocked them by accident or something because I have 1500+

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Yeah mine was unlocked.

I don't remember doing that or even thinking about large shells in any way.

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe

widespread posted:

... and Sand Dollars can be dropped from potatoes right

I speculated that earlier in the thread, but I don't think it's true. I've grown a lot of taters and I don't have any sand dollars.

I still don't know where I got the second Sand Dollar for the quest. I had zero at the start of the month, got one from the temple, and then had 2 somehow. I haven't opened any summer basket. And obviously I don't have the 14 day daily chore yet.

Edit: I have the materials to complete the rest of Geists' chain, but only 1000/2000 spikes shells. And tower 135. Welp.

NFX fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jul 10, 2023

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

NFX posted:

I speculated that earlier in the thread, but I don't think it's true. I've grown a lot of taters and I don't have any sand dollars.

I still don't know where I got the second Sand Dollar for the quest. I had zero at the start of the month, got one from the temple, and then had 2 somehow. I haven't opened any summer basket. And obviously I don't have the 14 day daily chore yet.

Edit: I have the materials to complete the rest of Geists' chain, but only 1000/2000 spikes shells. And tower 135. Welp.

10k LN at emerald beach (250g equivalent) OR just get to T149 by end of month (which is probably doable and will reward 1400 spiked shells).

Also, salt in the WW for an easy 20 a day. And maybe you’ll pick some up in PHRs.

tgacon
Mar 22, 2009
Despite having entered both mailbox passwords and completed Young and Mareless VII, somehow I only have 1 backstabbing dagger? I'm not sure how it is possible to compete Strange Companions XXX which requires 2--any ideas?
I can't have sold or thrown them into the well apparently.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

tgacon posted:

Despite having entered both mailbox passwords and completed Young and Mareless VII, somehow I only have 1 backstabbing dagger? I'm not sure how it is possible to compete Strange Companions XXX which requires 2--any ideas?
I can't have sold or thrown them into the well apparently.

You’re sure the mb passwords are done? I don’t think it’s possible to sell them so that’s definitely not it.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

I sold mine, but a sheepish message to Support and they gave me one.

Edit: if you can spare a crunchy omelette, please send to Fiji Pete thanks

Genericide fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Jul 11, 2023

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Ah, so you're the one that keeps sending me leather haha

Anyway, I hit 4x99 this morning!

tgacon
Mar 22, 2009

Ruggan posted:

You’re sure the mb passwords are done? I don’t think it’s possible to sell them so that’s definitely not it.

Apparently I did both November 10th. I guess there was a point in the past where you could sell them.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

tgacon posted:

Apparently I did both November 10th. I guess there was a point in the past where you could sell them.

I’d message support then. They’d probably be forgiving.

Now… to buy or not to buy the gold whale mailbox? lol I’m not giving up my hoard that easily

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

New t199 quest