Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Oberstwo posted:

Odel beckham reportedly has shown Lamar in Minicamp how to retain dookie in his butt

I thought squeeze plays were just a baseball thing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Chinedum Ndukwe

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

You can't just come right out and say that

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Bless you

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

wtf lmao https://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/i-team/fbi-paid-informant-chinedum-ndukwe-27k-to-wear-wire-at-city-hall-for-18-months

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

oh no

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Lol

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Look I rooted for the Bengals in '08, I am prepared to look the other way for a lot. Not for being a rat though. Chine-dead-to-me.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
BREAKING: Ohio sucks

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

a patagonian cavy posted:

BREAKING: Ohio sucks

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

WOW. This is not what I expected chinedum ndukwe to look like

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

That’s more like it.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Eyyy I'm talkin here

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Bismack Billabongo posted:

That’s more like it.

LOL

Excellent avatar material.

Oberstwo
Aug 19, 2022

Needs some Rams colored confetti raining down

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

That’s more like it.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

So weed is legal in Maryland now and I would like to ask if Sour Diesal is worth my money

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

sharknado slashfic posted:

So weed is legal in Maryland now and I would like to ask if Sour Diesal is worth my money

i dont even know anymore weed is too fuckin strong these days #BringBackMids

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

sharknado slashfic posted:

I like sativa strains so I'm a fan, but I guess it depends on what kind of high you want.

Racing Stripe
Oct 22, 2003

Sour Diesel posted:

I went down to DC to go to one of those weed stores where you buy a poster and they give you a free gift of weed to go with it (this was before Maryland legalization [I live in Baltimore]) and the weed was what I used to call “beasters” which was like the middle point between mids and dank. It ruled.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Sour Diesel posted:

Literally just saw a strain that claims 38% thc from the flower. Absolutely bonkers

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
No you didn't

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'll probably just try it, gently caress it. Ain't that much money.

Racing Stripe
Oct 22, 2003

Yeah, it’s awesome how cheap it is. I went on July 1 to get in on the historic moment and they were selling two eighths for $45.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

I saw the two indicas kissing
Edit oh it was 35.7 I’m ashamed

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jul 11, 2023

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jul 11, 2023

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Cavauro posted:

Differnt laboratory techniques yield inherently distinct potency values. Depending on the laboratory, the analysis machine might employ either gas chromatography (GC) or liquid chromatography (LC) as the separation method.

GC occurs at high temperatures, enough to completely decarboxylate all the cannabinoids in the mixture. The oven it happens in decarboxylates THCA before passing on to the detector, so it only picks up THC. This makes GC almost useless for testing edibles, because you need to be able to tell the difference between orally inactive THCA and active THC. Furthermore, decarboxylation happens incompletely at those high temperatures in the injector port, conserving no more than 70% of THCA, according to one study.

Liquid chromatography happens at room temperature and does not decarboxylate any cannabinoids, giving separate values for THCA and THC, which are always both present. These results need to be interpreted correctly, and hold hidden information about how the sample was handled and temperatures it has been exposed to.

Given one lab result you could get three THC potency readings depending on how you read it, but only one method really stands to reason. Consider a made up lab result of Hypothetical OG that used LC, say it has 22.32% percent mass of THCA and 2.41% percent mass THC (active THC).

If you just look at the THCA value, you might think it has 22.32% THC. If you add the THC value to that, you might think this strain has 24.74% THC. Neither of these values is correct.

To get a real potency value you need to consider both THCA and THC, but with a correction factor for THCA before you add in THC. To calculate THCTOTAL:

THCtotal = (%THCA) x 0.877 + (%THC)

0.877 is the molecular mass (mm) of THC divided by that of THCA; this factor boils it down to a simple formula: take 87.7% of the value for THCA, then add on the value for THC. This formula also holds true for finding the active CBD content (CBDTOTAL) because CBD and THC have the exact same mm. Therefore the correct value of THCTOTAL for Hypothetical OG is 21.98%, the weighted average of THCA and THC.

To get a real measure of the potency of a strain, you need to look at THCTOTAL. This is because the relative amounts of THCA and THC depend on the amount of heat the flower, dry bud or extract has been exposed to. Since this is always different, lab testing needs to see past this variable.

Nope.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Dt5Nf7ct5c

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Chinugdum Ndankwe

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Chinugdum Ndankwe

Alright this is getting out of control now

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I’m sorry. I’m putting the mobile browser down now.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://i.postimg.cc/vH2bkWkv/Dyr-Resw-Wo-AU29-D.jpg

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Chinugdum Ndankwe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gODZzSOelss

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8t-AA5F99w

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

in college, kwee ruh

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011