Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
And a penis pump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bratwurst massage
Jan 27, 2018

Tai posted:

And a penis pump

without context that is the best way to start a new page

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://i.imgur.com/LDMt4I9.mp4

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
France will provide Ukraine with SCALP-EG long-range cruise missiles (same thing as Storm Shadows, French just call them differently)

https://twitter.com/bayraktar_1love/status/1678703328971182082

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Kadyrov's boots are so embarrassing.

They 100% are. I dare ANYONE to go for even a hike in those loving Matrix cosplay rear end pieces of poo poo, much less try to move in anything approximating combat. Everyone else's boots look a lot more sensible though.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Doesnt he also wear Gucci camo? Or was it Louis Vuitton?

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Does he wear those Prada shoes with footwraps?

Rugz
Apr 15, 2014

PLS SEE AVATAR. P.S. IM A BELL END LOL

Burns posted:

Doesnt he also wear Gucci camo? Or was it Louis Vuitton?

Hugo Boss. No wait...that was the other guys.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

They 100% are. I dare ANYONE to go for even a hike in those loving Matrix cosplay rear end pieces of poo poo, much less try to move in anything approximating combat. Everyone else's boots look a lot more sensible though.

I know zero about boots, why are they so bad? I mean, they LOOK like they are just all for show, but what specifically about them makes them so shite?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I'm guessing not a lot of serious soldiers go into combat in designer boots that cost more than like a the entire kit of a company of mobniks

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

kru posted:

I know zero about boots, why are they so bad? I mean, they LOOK like they are just all for show, but what specifically about them makes them so shite?

They're a lot bigger than your foot, so you don't truly know where your feet are with them on so its a lot easier to trip over things. And I'm talking about walking about a club or just getting in and out of your house. Imagine running around an active warzone, you'd be constantly face planting.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
The giant platforms give him a tactical height advantage!

Kennedy
Aug 1, 2006

hard to breathe?
Likely to turn an ankle in your inches high platforms if you're not parading around but actively fighting.

Kennedy fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Jul 11, 2023

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

kru posted:

OK, I have to admit that I've never worn them so I am making some assumptions here. But making a good hiking shoe (or a combat boot) is a science in all its own, and I kind of assume Prada aren't experts in the field.

These boots look extremely uncomfortable and poorly suited for any kind of off road use.

The shape of the sole looks very awkward, those huge loving teeth look like they give you zero traction and the boot in general looks cramped. You want a durable, light weight and flexible sole (this does not look like it) and good ankle support (hard to say?). All those weird extra side bits also look like a nightmare in any kind of rocky or clumpy terrain, because they'll trip you up, turn your ankle or make it harder to find good purchase.

For comparison, this is the M05 service boot the Finnish Defence Force currently use:

Kennedy posted:

Likely to turn an ankle in your inches high platforms if you're not parading around but actively fighting.

And this too.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Jul 11, 2023

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Okay but the finnish boot doesn't have your little ankle pouch for a dimebag or some mad money or poo poo so really the prada is automatically better.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Wait where the gently caress is the ski groove?!?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
What you lack under your pants you can make up with big pointless boots. Big smalldickenergy

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Arivia posted:

Okay but the finnish boot doesn't have your little ankle pouch for a dimebag or some mad money or poo poo so really the prada is automatically better.

look at this goon who has turned from the light

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

I'm imagining how heavy the footsteps will be after mud starts building up on those weird outside treads.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

It's kinda wild that these motherfuckers think they look threatening. Like these are some Star Citizen cosplay rear end looking motherfuckers.

Cosplay is right. Everybody is wearing their own uniform. I've seen airsoft meetups with more commonality.

Coquito Ergo Sum fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Jul 11, 2023

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Alan Smithee posted:

look at this goon who has turned from the light

hey come on i'm not turning away from the hulk hogan meat shoes i'm just saying the finnish shoes aren't good. of course meat shoes are the best, no contest.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Haha, Jesus I didn't realise they had that daft elevation and poo poo on the go, yeah thats dumb as hell. Actually lmaoing.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Dwesa posted:

France will provide Ukraine with SCALP-EG long-range cruise missiles (same thing as Storm Shadows, French just call them differently)

I don't know why this is being re-reported, France supplied these some time ago, and the SCALP variant has already been used judging by some of the debris photos knocking around on Telegram.

As for Turkey joining the EU, aside from the Armenian Genocide, recognising Cypriot independence, having an independent central bank, I think the real deal breaker last time was the passing of a load of nutty laws, like the offence of insulting the presidency. There are multiple journalists, political rivals, and civil servants who are serving prison sentences for criticizing Erdogan, and there are other laws that have been passed which are totally incompatible with EU law (even though I think Poland and Hungary now have similar poo poo on the books.) He's been antagonizing Greece (I'm sure it's 2 way to an extent) over territorial claims in the Aegean, illegal drilling for gas, and Greece obviously have to sign off on Turkish accession.

Saying they are going to restart talks is a bit like giving Charles Manson parole hearings. Everyone sits there and listens, and goes through the motions, but they all know he isn't getting out.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

kru posted:

Haha, Jesus I didn't realise they had that daft elevation and poo poo on the go, yeah thats dumb as hell. Actually lmaoing.

Some of it is just Khadyrov wanting to look taller, I bet.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1678754831010263043?s=20

It's been 0 days since a Russian general was killed

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

These boots look extremely uncomfortable and poorly suited for any kind of off road use.

Awww look it's got a little make-up bag for his beard dye!

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

Arivia posted:

Looks like that thing you wear when you're under house arrest.

beer_war posted:

I approve!

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
re: France sending missiles to Ukraine

Russia was quick to condemn the French move, describing it as "erroneous".

"This will force us to take countermeasures," warned President Vladimir Putin's spokesman Dmitry Peskov.

What will you do Peskov? Another disaster attack in Adiivka? Missile a hospital maybe? Kidnap some kids?

zone
Dec 6, 2016

beer_war posted:

L bozo

Tai posted:

"This will force us to take countermeasures," warned President Vladimir Putin's spokesman Dmitry Peskov.

What will you do Peskov? Another disaster attack in Adiivka? Missile a hospital maybe? Kidnap some kids?
"Stop sending Ukraine weapons or OOK OOK WE WILL NOOK"

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Tai posted:

Alas, they will be forced to use their generals as human shields.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

If France gives weapons to Ukraine we will never retreat from bakhmut

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

mllaneza posted:

Wah them, roast them, skin comes right off, no dirt, yummy beets!

Just remember to leave yourself a note on the bathroom door, you'll thank yourself in the morning and so will your local Urgent Care center.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

zone posted:

L bozo

"Stop sending Ukraine weapons or OOK OOK WE WILL NOOK"

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

I don't know why this is being re-reported, France supplied these some time ago, and the SCALP variant has already been used judging by some of the debris photos knocking around on Telegram.

As for Turkey joining the EU, aside from the Armenian Genocide, recognising Cypriot independence, having an independent central bank, I think the real deal breaker last time was the passing of a load of nutty laws, like the offence of insulting the presidency. There are multiple journalists, political rivals, and civil servants who are serving prison sentences for criticizing Erdogan, and there are other laws that have been passed which are totally incompatible with EU law (even though I think Poland and Hungary now have similar poo poo on the books.) He's been antagonizing Greece (I'm sure it's 2 way to an extent) over territorial claims in the Aegean, illegal drilling for gas, and Greece obviously have to sign off on Turkish accession.

Saying they are going to restart talks is a bit like giving Charles Manson parole hearings. Everyone sits there and listens, and goes through the motions, but they all know he isn't getting out.

I think he realistically knows Turkey isn't getting into the EU anytime soon. There's most certainly another angle, such as hoping a closer relationship will lead to more economic assistance/partnerships, hoping it will lead to more arms sales in both directions, hoping it will lead to extraditions of Turkish dissidents, hoping the expectation of future reform will reassure the shaky Turkish economy and markets, hoping Turkish liberals will be pacified by dangling a (distant) dream of EU membership, etc.

Plus when his domestic political situation looks shaky again at some point in the future? Well then he can once again turn around and beat the drum of nationalist populism, spinning a narrative of treacherous, racist Westerners betraying sweet innocent Turkey, and going back on their ironclad promises to admit them to the EU. As seen in Russia, a central theme throughout Putinist propaganda is that sweet innocent Russia was betrayed by the West after the Soviet Union fell ("NATO gave ironclad written guarantees it would never expand", etc), ethno-nationalist leaders love rewriting history and promulgating narratives that paint their country and people as betrayed victims.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/status/1678634287090876419
Last night's air defense work

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Putin poo poo himself and he's a real piece of poo poo.

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro

Tigey posted:

Plus when his domestic political situation looks shaky again at some point in the future? Well then he can once again turn around and beat the drum of nationalist populism, spinning a narrative of treacherous, racist Westerners betraying sweet innocent Turkey, and going back on their ironclad promises to admit them to the EU. As seen in Russia, a central theme throughout Putinist propaganda is that sweet innocent Russia was betrayed by the West after the Soviet Union fell ("NATO gave ironclad written guarantees it would never expand", etc), ethno-nationalist leaders love rewriting history and promulgating narratives that paint their country and people as betrayed victims.

I'm pretty sure the Swedish-Turkish relations are hosed for a long time. At the very least that's what I hope.

actually3raccoons
Jun 5, 2013

Does Putin diminish each time he shits himself, or is he living The Pampers of Dorian Grey?

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

actually3raccoons posted:

Does Putin diminish each time he shits himself, or is he living The Pampers of Dorian Grey?

Putin doesn't obey the laws of thermodynamics, he's a perpetual bowel motion machine.

actually3raccoons
Jun 5, 2013

Tigey posted:

Putin doesn't obey the laws of thermodynamics, he's a perpetual bowel motion machine.

He's a horrible Poop-golem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

beer_war posted:

Russia's totally winning, you guys!

God, I can't wait for the Ukrainian flag to fly over Crimea again.