Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

fart simpson posted:

ok wolverine

i'm so thankful that ryan reynolds put hugh jackman in the og yellow and blue costume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

echinopsis posted:

no that’s not a thing here but an old school term is a “chemist” and I’ve always hated it because clearly all I actually do is count

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I feel like if they tried to do that costume during the era of the xmen movies it would have been more like green lantern, or the recent flash costume

looks good now though

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

The Fool posted:

I feel like if they tried to do that costume during the era of the xmen movies it would have been more like green lantern, or the recent flash costume

looks good now though

it's some pretty extreme contrast but deadpool and wolverine go together like ketchup and mustard. because that's what their costumes look like

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
the real problem is hugh is tall and should be smythe sized.

if i had photoshop on this computer i'd crop smythe's helmet av over jackman's head and also shrink him down to 66% of his current size.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i have big bones irl for real

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Kenny Logins posted:

BONES CAN? no

B O N E S   M U S T

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

Mr. Nice! posted:

the real problem is hugh is tall and should be smythe sized.

if i had photoshop on this computer i'd crop smythe's helmet av over jackman's head and also shrink him down to 66% of his current size.

it would be funny if they used Movie Magic to make him only come up to ryan reynolds' shoulder

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

echinopsis posted:

you fellas ever ended up on pregabalin for nerve pain?

ive been on that for 5 years now, 150mg daily for anxiety

only sideeffects ive experienced are when i start sweating it just goes nuts and takes forever to stop so i get drenched. it sucks

talkin with my doc about getting off it cause i still get anxiety so its just a pain in the rear end

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?
bdid was right. semaglutide is loving magic.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Carthag Tuek posted:

ive been on that for 5 years now, 150mg daily for anxiety

only sideeffects ive experienced are when i start sweating it just goes nuts and takes forever to stop so i get drenched. it sucks

talkin with my doc about getting off it cause i still get anxiety so its just a pain in the rear end

that's weird, i don't remember if it happened with pregabalin (i stopped taking it in maybe 2017) but gabapentin makes me sweat less, not more

anyway one of the good things about that class of drug is that there really isn't any withdrawal if you decide to stop

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Beeftweeter posted:

that's weird, i don't remember if it happened with pregabalin (i stopped taking it in maybe 2017) but gabapentin makes me sweat less, not more

anyway one of the good things about that class of drug is that there really isn't any withdrawal if you decide to stop

huh

i was literally told i had to do an in person consultation for my most recent script renewal*, because it is "addictive" (which i didnt used to, but according to the nurse on the phone the regulations have been tightened recently (e: yep thats the official guideline for professionals, just checked))

* coincidentally that was today!

Carthag Tuek fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jul 12, 2023

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

ultravoices posted:

bdid was right. semaglutide is loving magic.

yup. also check out the tirzepatide data

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

i need to talk to my dr about semaglutide. i eat entirely too much, because i quickly go from slightly hungry to ravenously hungry to so hungry i'm puking. used to think it was cyclic vomiting syndrome that caused the puking, but learning that if i eat non-stop i don't puke has me questioning that diagnosis. i've read semaglutide helps some with addictions, so maybe that could help me cut back on the pot too.

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?
it completely uninstalled my previous monstrous appetite and replaced it with a normal human being persons appetite. my diet has completely changed partly because I’m not that hungry and partly because too much fat gives me a tummy ache.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome
is that the weight loss drug that diabetics need? i have a bro in law who is like severely diabetic and was super mad because he couldn't get the medicine he needed because everyone wants to use it to just not be fat. I assume whatever supply chain poo poo was happening has been worked out, idk.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

apparently it also makes people desire booze less, c/d ?

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

the entire world's supply has been hoovered up by californian Instagram influencers

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

nudgenudgetilt posted:

i've read semaglutide helps some with addictions, so maybe that could help me cut back on the pot too.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

my wife got an ozempic scrip and it's been a huge help for her

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

i mean, i'm already on metformin, so i'm still early for the diabeetus train, but i definitely have a ticket and am on the platform

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

rotor posted:

is that the weight loss drug that diabetics need? i have a bro in law who is like severely diabetic and was super mad because he couldn't get the medicine he needed because everyone wants to use it to just not be fat. I assume whatever supply chain poo poo was happening has been worked out, idk.

it's the same drug but the name and prescription guidelines are totally different. if novo nordisk decides to sell it to as one thing instead of the other, it's not the fat people making that decision. as far as i know there has never been a shortage of ozempic but ofc i may be wrong

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
on top of this if you're obese you're about six times more likely to develop T2D. if you can prevent that from happening you'll inevitably have more resources available for people with diabetes

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

it's really confusing to me why any insurance program would ever not cover it. sure it's expensive, but being fat is just so bad for you that i have a hard time believing there could even really _be_ a cost that's too high to make it worth it over time. maybe the insurance companies are betting that medicaid - and not them - are going to pick up the tab

mystes
May 31, 2006

Achmed Jones posted:

it's really confusing to me why any insurance program would ever not cover it. sure it's expensive, but being fat is just so bad for you that i have a hard time believing there could even really _be_ a cost that's too high to make it worth it over time. maybe the insurance companies are betting that medicaid - and not them - are going to pick up the tab
Sure but for whatever reason I'm not sure that US health insurance companies necessarily believe in the logic that you shouldn't randomly refuse to cover stuff that will make people healthier because it will pay off eventually in general

Maybe they think you'll give up and wait a year until you have another insurance company

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

rotor posted:

you're thinking of ozempic (semaglutide) yeah. amy schumer made a big stink about it in the news last month i think

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

Kenny Logins posted:

you're thinking of ozempic (semaglutide) yeah. amy schumer made a big stink about it in the news last month i think

what was her problem?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
c sciatica s: initial physio consult today went well. the guy gave me 4 stretches and 2 exercises to do daily, to start, and says i should be back to normal in 4-6 weeks if i am diligent

i am still getting some pain and stiffness in my hip and leg but i can at least move around well and do my usual stuff even without meds. walking or standing for more than 5-10 minutes sucks but i'll get there with this regimen i think. so much different than 10 days ago

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

Roosevelt posted:

what was her problem?

have you seen/heard her?

what *isn't* her problem

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Roosevelt posted:

what was her problem?
1) it made her feel sick af while on it even if it does work
2) she believes a lot of other celebs are taking it for the off-label weight loss and refusing to admit it. idk if she cares that it's rough on the supply for diabetics or not

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Kenny Logins posted:

c sciatica s: initial physio consult today went well. the guy gave me 4 stretches and 2 exercises to do daily, to start, and says i should be back to normal in 4-6 weeks if i am diligent

i am still getting some pain and stiffness in my hip and leg but i can at least move around well and do my usual stuff even without meds. walking or standing for more than 5-10 minutes sucks but i'll get there with this regimen i think. so much different than 10 days ago

nice!

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

nudgenudgetilt posted:

have you seen/heard her?

what *isn't* her problem
i liked her show but after that ended i just found myself no longer caring for her standup or performances. which is fine, she's doing just fine without my support

mystes
May 31, 2006

ozempic does seems to make some people extremely sick but it also seem to work extremely well for other people so I think the correct conclusion is to just try it if you want it but if you start to feel sick be prepared to stop it and probably don't try to power through it

(if you wanted to use it and it doesn't work that sucks but since there seems to be actual progress on weight loss drugs that really work now hopefully there will be other options that don't use the exact same mechanism in the future)

mystes fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jul 12, 2023

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

mystes posted:

ozempic does seems to make some people extremely sick but it also seem to work extremely well for other people so I think the correct conclusion is to just try it if you want it but if you start to feel sick be prepared to stop it and probably don't try to power through it
yeah, that's the reasonable take-away. as far as supply issues... i don't know, hard to balance ethically without knowing someone's life and difficult to control for anyway. everything supply-chain wise since covid is such a psyop for corporate (and even basic business) greed

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
idk much about it but my dad was recently complaining that the price of ozempic shot up (he takes it for diabetes). previously with a coupon he was able to get a month for $10 and it's now $70. hosed up

he did lose a ton of weight on it though, so i believe it works for that. i'm just not sure if it's wise to be taking diabetes medication if you don't need it

mystes
May 31, 2006

diabetics should probably get first dibs on the supply since using it for weight loss can presumably wait but I'm not sure that's something that's really possible to control

I think it's really more something to take up with the drug company (or the dumb system in the us) rather than the people taking it

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i've read that there were alternatives approved recently that work better, are specifically for weight loss, and aren't intravenous so there's that at least. i'm not really in need of that kind of thing though so i don't remember the names

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

unless you're a celeb/influencer secretly taking ozempic but hawking "wellness" and weight loss stuff under your own brand and claiming to dogfood it... doesn't matter why you take ozempic. it's the companies making and selling it that are loving things up for people who urgently need it, not the consumers imo