Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Bird in a Blender posted:

How was the bear?

It barely survived.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
It ran away to its den after being scared by a motorcycle and now it's bearing arms, motherfucker.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

few months ago I realized I wasn't getting my correct rate in my new role, and rarely getting my nightshift differentials. This had been going on since I switched roles. There was a huge back and forth with my manager while we went back and tried t to figure out places where i'd missed differentials, not gotten the right hours, blah blah blah. Huge accounting kerfuffle apparently happens.

Please please review your pay stubs regularly, the amount of people that were supposed to get a raise in 2018 but never did and didn’t notice until three raises later in 2022 or were supposed to have shift differential for years but never got paid for it is absurd. Then we get the cases and guess who gets to review three years of pay to find out how much we owe :(

Also yeah HR is dumb as rocks and does that poo poo all the time, and guess who else gets to send the “hey so you were overpaid $6,000 and we need it back” notifications to predictable results :( :(

Pontius Pilate posted:

Got my 19 VW golf alltrack (manual wagon bc im a goon) post covid but before the auto market went nuts and I could get like 3k more for it after three years and ~17k miles put on it. Wild, thanks for reminding me to do that idle curiosity check, always get a kick out of it.

NOOO I wanted an AllTrac but there weren’t any, so my stupid manual TDI Sportwagen is only FWD. Still a great car tho, just no fun to drive

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

FizFashizzle posted:

left my original hospital role in october 2022. Was never actually taken out of the system. officially started a new part time role at the hospital starting december 3rd 2022. I got a couple paychecks in between, but figured those were late paychecks, pto cashouts etc. Plus I do not look very closely at income. Was switching jobs, very busy, lots going on etc.

few months ago I realized I wasn't getting my correct rate in my new role, and rarely getting my nightshift differentials. This had been going on since I switched roles. There was a huge back and forth with my manager while we went back and tried t to figure out places where i'd missed differentials, not gotten the right hours, blah blah blah. Huge accounting kerfuffle apparently happens.

Last Thursday I got an email saying my pay rate discrepancy had been resolved retroactive to october, and on payday the following day I got what was essentially the difference in pay rate x hours worked. Big ol check. Very happy. Good things. Great company.

Call today from HR saying they sent that amount out on accident, they needed to take it back or I could write them a check for it, and also I owe them 8k from the job transition when they were OVERPAYING me, per their books. And I owe them that.

so yeah. company just told me I owe them 8k and uh...well, we're going to figure this out moving forward but they're going to "work with me."

7 year employee. Thank you HCA.

Hire an employment lawyer, figure out how to sue them for something else and watch that demand go away.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

T-Square posted:

NOOO I wanted an AllTrac but there weren’t any, so my stupid manual TDI Sportwagen is only FWD. Still a great car tho, just no fun to drive

Ha I’m sorry, not gonna lie, it’s an absolutely fantastic car, plus one of the more common complaints of the alltrack was ‘wish it had a bit more power’ and that’s one of the only, main differences between the sportwagen, plus awd, and welp. At least you’re happy with everything else! And a manual helps with fun to drive!!

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
God is personally spiting me for making J-Rod go off at the home run derby but not the season.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Tulalip Tulips posted:

God is personally spiting me for making J-Rod go off at the home run derby but not the season.

But look how happy he is :unsmith:

https://twitter.com/MLB/status/1678577174549504000

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
He didn't even make the finals, it's very typically Mariners

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Kirios made that same joke in the mlb thread :negative:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
https://twitter.com/Nerdy_Addict/status/1678746319253385216

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Some billionaire just got a new idea for a submarine I see.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

TIL Tower from American Gladiator was born and raised in my hometown

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

T-Square posted:

TIL Tower from American Gladiator was born and raised in my hometown

Watching Muscles and Mayhem?

I thought it was pretty solid.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

Watching Muscles and Mayhem?

I thought it was pretty solid.

No, I saw an article about it and him, though it is on my list so good to know!

Nov 6, 2002

whelp

https://twitter.com/bclemms/status/1678718547046850560

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
7 inches of rain does all that eh

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otNh9bTjXWg

Nov 6, 2002

why

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I hope that is for somebody because that is most definitely not for me.

Maybe it can open the same day as Napoleon and we could get some good Napoleon X Willy Wonka content I guess?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Here is the trailer you should care about :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_1EXWNETiI

Also, I like Timothy Chalemet, but he seems wrong for this role from the trailer. You need someone goofier, or get the guy from The Bear because he looks like a young Gene Wilder.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He’s not right for the role. If he wasn’t such a dickhead, Shia would be great for it. Even has the evil flare because the wonka was clearly partly evil

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

swickles posted:

E-wings are back baby awooo :nixon:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Amy Pole Her posted:

He’s not right for the role. If he wasn’t such a dickhead, Shia would be great for it. Even has the evil flare because the wonka was clearly partly evil

Oh poo poo you are right, he has the right amount of mania needed for it.

Nov 6, 2002

actually a de-aged nick cage should play a young wonka

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Oh look, another Warner Bros box office bomb

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

it's prime day!!!!!!! what are you all wasting money on today

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

swickles posted:

Also, I like Timothy Chalemet, but he seems wrong for this role from the trailer. You need someone goofier, or get the guy from The Bear because he looks like a young Gene Wilder.

Call me old fashioned but I think CG characters should stay CG and flesh characters should stay flesh.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Pro-Unionization movements.

Nov 6, 2002

General Dog posted:

Call me old fashioned

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

3 DONG HORSE posted:

My air fryer is shot and I wanted a bigger one anyway. I found one that’s also a toaster oven. So it’ll replace two things on my counter freeing up some space. My air fryer died a couple weeks ago so good timing

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

General Dog posted:

Call me old fashioned but I think CG characters should stay CG and flesh characters should stay flesh.

Ok, Frank Harris.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

General Dog posted:

Technology is advancing such that the two will be indistinguishable within our lifetimes.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Leperflesh posted:

Technology is advancing such that the two will be indistinguishable within our lifetimes.

That time was 2001 when Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within hit the theatres

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Kalli posted:

I remember nothing about the storyline of that movie but the visuals were loving amazing.

It bankrupted Square too lol

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Since the new Wonka movie is directed by the same one that did Paddington I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt.

As for Ashoka, my Star Wars nerd friends have been bugging me to watch Rebels. i guess I should binge it.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Android Apocalypse posted:

Since the new Wonka movie is directed by the same one that did Paddington I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt.

As for Ashoka, my Star Wars nerd friends have been bugging me to watch Rebels. i guess I should binge it.

Rebels is a pretty big comedown from Clone Wars, IMO. Substantially uglier, cheaper, and kiddier. I mean, it's fine to have Star Wars for kids, but a lot of it is pretty dull. It's telling that most of the scattered bright spots are when it ties directly back to Clone Wars.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

no wonkavator, 0/10

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Kalli posted:

LOL I remember that, and all the accompanying articles about uncanny valley. It sure as poo poo wasn't CGI indistinguishable from live action, anyway.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Leperflesh posted:

LOL I remember that, and all the accompanying articles about uncanny valley. It sure as poo poo wasn't CGI indistinguishable from live action, anyway.

Yeah, the motion capture didn't have anywhere near enough points of articulation, especially on the faces, so moving was slightly weird in a high budget way, but it was like all the characters were wearing a mask of a human's face and very unnerving when they were talking.

Also I went to see it with like 8 other guys from my programming group in college. So much excitement into tepid disappointment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Had an idea

https://imgur.com/a/uIgCxM1

Carne Asada Fajitas on Spanish Vermicelli

Lots of cumin paprika garlic and lime