Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

TontoCorazon posted:

I'm not done yet but that dude put his everything into Clive and it rules.

Also rules we had almost little too no bullshit non-verbal anime responses that really started to annoy me in FF7R.

The VA in general was real good

there was actually a mod made that edited that stuff out of the dialogue audio for the ff7 remake and it was a massive improvement lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I don't even recall, but I got several stories in the paper. They were all terribly written, I'm no writer. I think I wrote them in the "voice" of the characters too, so if you see a story that's like "Oi guv, I dun spyed me a robut weerwulf, I did. Nearly topped me gibblers, e' did!", that was me.

I was doing a stint of volunteer work in South America at the time, in a remote area at the time too. I was so bored in my off hours because there was very little to do, so when I did get dial-up access once a month, I saw the contest and started typing up some stories to submit. Several months after returning home, I got the notice that I "won", and where could they send my copy to.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
these mfers named Cid’s daughter Mid

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Buck Wildman posted:

there was actually a mod made that edited that stuff out of the dialogue audio for the ff7 remake and it was a massive improvement lol

God I would've love that, unfortunately I played it at release

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Probably helps that they built 16's VA and script around English instead japanese first then translated to English

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

TontoCorazon posted:

God I would've love that, unfortunately I played it at release

https://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasy7remake/mods/425

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Lol

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

Mrs Columbo loves battlebits, can't put it down you see. Now me? I'm a TTRPG guy

lol

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Ben Nerevarine posted:

there’s an accessory that turns perfect dodges into slow-mo plus a wicked combo and once I had it I couldn’t not have it equipped

i forgot i had the auto dodge accessory equipped and only noticed it halfway through the game

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

agree about the accessory thing in general though, i preordered so i got the ones that boosted gold + exp and they were significantly better than any of the other accessories by a good margin

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

it really is a huge improvement

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

ex post facho posted:

I want to like it but if the rest of the game is 20 minute cutscenes followed by 5 minutes of arpg button mashing in a small circular arena maybe I should wait for a sale.

Sometimes there's 20 minutes of really good button mashing.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Gumball Gumption posted:

A skin of an anthropomorphic ice cream that you can only get at Disney. Fort Nite is a modern marvel

I don't think lil whip has anything to do with Disney. They seem to be an epic orginal.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lmao American capitalism stays winning. Rip Japan and sony

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Grapplejack posted:

Ah the XCOM the bureau style of play

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

Fortnite Call of Duty Collab announced a Ronald Reagan skin

Thank would be funny OP

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

finally call of duty will be on Xbox

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

croup coughfield posted:

cities skylines 2 is gonna have mixed zoning

!!!

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Lostconfused posted:

Sometimes there's 20 minutes of really good button mashing.

we call that Posting

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Augus posted:

I would simply enlist in the United States military and invade a middle eastern country while never being a party to any war crimes, seems like it would be pretty easy

I would change the military from the inside

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Buck Wildman posted:

it really is a huge improvement

I can imagine

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

congrats to xbox to finally be able to purchase activision. big win for the green brand

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Ben Nerevarine posted:

you live in Midgard, i live in Pogard, we are not the same

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Ben Nerevarine posted:

he was right to

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

a.lo posted:

congrats to xbox to finally be able to purchase activision. big win for the green brand

Gonna play the crash remakes and crash 4 on game pass

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I want Diablo 4 on gamepass so I can play on my couch. Hurry it up Microsoft! S1 starts in 9 days.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 60 days!

i know, im so excited to force people to live over a gross dive bar or maybe a pizzeria

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Halser posted:

I would change the military from the inside

Hello time travelling Kirbykhan, how's being 18 and idealistic going for ya? I can spoil it for you: p good

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

fyi if you're into indie horror fanatical has the whole dread x collection series on sale for $5: https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/complete-dread-x-collection

it's kind of hit or miss but there's some real gems in there and it's a LOT of material for the price tag

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I am happy I am getting more people into small japanese / chinese games and been hollering at people playing chaos galaxy 2 for the first time

it brings me good feels

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

anyone for some battlebits?

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Buck Wildman posted:

fyi if you're into indie horror fanatical has the whole dread x collection series on sale for $5: https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/complete-dread-x-collection

it's kind of hit or miss but there's some real gems in there and it's a LOT of material for the price tag

hell ya, ive played a few and they were pretty fun, tho very amateur. None are long enough to overstay their welcome and the quality is hugely variable so you never know if the next one will be a real gem

def worth $5 for the whole collection. Im only missing a few and i might pick that up to complete the set

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I have bought Elden Ring. Tonight it will be time to game.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

oh cool I’m gonna have to check this out one of the few things that seems genuinely exciting about the imminent media landscape is that Chinese developers finally have the cultural and literal capital necessary for scifi and game stuff to be translated and accessible here, and I’m super stoked about what is surely an absolutely enormous body of work with more to come

haven’t seen that discussed too often but I think there’s probably going to be a golden age of Chinese gaming in a couple decades as the relevant companies mature and start producing serious AAA non-microtransaction MMO games / an indie community of Chinese developers flourishes in the same way it is in the west now, which is probably already happening but not in a way western gamers can easily access

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Ben Nerevarine posted:

Cid's kid/grandchild/dad/whatever has been called Mid since FF 5 you absolute pleb

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

hell ya, ive played a few and they were pretty fun, tho very amateur. None are long enough to overstay their welcome and the quality is hugely variable so you never know if the next one will be a real gem

def worth $5 for the whole collection. Im only missing a few and i might pick that up to complete the set

I'd get it just for squirrel stapler tbf

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

HerraS posted:

Cid's kid/grandchild/dad/whatever has been called Mid since FF 5 you absolute pleb

I had to look up who the spoony bard was :eng99:

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I watched all the Dark Souls LPs. I watched a 3 hour Noah Caldwell Gervais think piece on the Elden Ring and a bunch of lore, but no straight gameplay lettus play of The Lands Between so I'm blind on gameplay and filled with context-less lore.

So hype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Frog Act posted:

oh cool I’m gonna have to check this out one of the few things that seems genuinely exciting about the imminent media landscape is that Chinese developers finally have the cultural and literal capital necessary for scifi and game stuff to be translated and accessible here, and I’m super stoked about what is surely an absolutely enormous body of work with more to come

haven’t seen that discussed too often but I think there’s probably going to be a golden age of Chinese gaming in a couple decades as the relevant companies mature and start producing serious AAA non-microtransaction MMO games / an indie community of Chinese developers flourishes in the same way it is in the west now, which is probably already happening but not in a way western gamers can easily access

I have been using the steam interactive page to find more of them and I have loved a lot of them. But I love really lovely games that are just neat.

Chinese game development is so alien to western gamers quite often and it rules because of it.