Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1678712513632894976
Another gesture of goodwill happened at the Kherson bridgehead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
rumor going around that sunflower seed grandma got arrested for russophobia

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!

Alan Smithee posted:

rumor going around that sunflower seed grandma got arrested for russophobia

Someone send special forces and save grandma, plz.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Isn't that the same bridge head that Ukraine have totally not held for weeks and have been kicked out of every other day by heroic russians totally not getting their tank wrecked attempting it and the footage is fake CGI.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Tai posted:

Isn't that the same bridge head that Ukraine have totally not held for weeks and have been kicked out of every other day by heroic russians totally not getting their tank wrecked attempting it and the footage is fake CGI.

Tanks as in plural. There were at least two full scale assaults on the bridgehead, both repulsed with heavy losses of men and equipment.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/nexta_tv/status/1678705121608310786
:qqsay:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

What measures? What did they do when Finland joined?

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

So they aren't doing anything, got it.

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Hmm. and, uh, what ... were those, exactly, for my friend who was out camping at the time and wouldn't know?

another Shahed-136 strike package doomed to be shot down without achieving anything? Like every other day?

I see.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Cry about it and throw some sledgehammers over the guard fence?

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
They shut some credit cards being used by the Finnish Moscow embassy lol.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Peskov threatening the West with 'grave consequences' for the 4,678th time shouldn't really be considered news

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

KakerMix posted:

It was announced last week, but the Finnish consulate in St. Petersburg is getting closed (there's other stuff that's affecting it, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have happened without NATO).

Burns
May 10, 2008

KakerMix posted:

They will be on double secret probation.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Kennel posted:

It was announced last week, but the Finnish consulate in St. Petersburg is getting closed (there's other stuff that's affecting it, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have happened without NATO).

ah, thanks! it is still very funny to me that a bunch of people over here were like "wait, you did something before?" like punching someone as hard as you can and them saying "Now, if you ever hit me and I find out about it ..."

:golfclap:

tiaz fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jul 11, 2023

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/status/1678770509973192706

quote:

The SSU detained a russian informant who wanted to disrupt the Ukrainian counteroffensive on the eastern front.

According to the investigation, the attacker turned out to be a 48-year-old local resident who, on his own initiative, offered the invaders his help in the war against Ukraine.

"He is currently in custody. An investigation is ongoing to bring to justice all participants in the crime. The perpetrators face up to 15 years in prison," –– the SSU press service writes.
:byewhore:

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
The Kremlin's copy of ABBA GOLD has been removed from the glove box of the presidential limousine.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

KakerMix posted:

This

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc22CFhDBEM&t=6s

Disco Pope posted:

The Kremlin's copy of ABBA GOLD has been removed from the glove box of the presidential limousine.

Okay this is worse than the credit cards and consulate. You don't gently caress with GOLD. It's bulletproof. What's next, taking out the CD of Led Zep IV?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I'm staring more at tactical gandpas GREAT VALUE walmart hikers

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

This guy's channel is really good. Very detailed analysis of all movements and maps, and no gore or anything gross, just the facts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmQuZ9AR4jE

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

My Plan to Defeat NATO by being so belligerently stupid that all other countries join NATO but me is going flawlessly...

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Toxic Mental posted:

This guy's channel is really good. Very detailed analysis of all movements and maps, and no gore or anything gross, just the facts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmQuZ9AR4jE

Yeah, Denys is a good source. Makes sure to not put anything gory or gross, and most everything is stills. The other source I use is Reporting from Ukraine, who tends to be less bombastic than Denys and more focused.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Oh poo poo they're gonna coup themselves again?!?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

TulliusCicero posted:

My Plan to Defeat NATO by being so belligerently stupid that all other countries join NATO but me is going flawlessly...

Everything is falling into place on this, day 500 of the 3-day special military operation

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Oh poo poo they're gonna coup themselves again?!?

"Maybe we will have a full Civil War this time! What do you think of that PERFIDIOUS NATO?!

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Russia to deploy the Sarmat Tu-88 "Strongly Worded Letter" to Finland.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I'd be very surprised if there is not another coup/mutiny/rebellion etc in the next 5 months

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

CoffeeQaddaffi posted:

Yeah, Denys is a good source. Makes sure to not put anything gory or gross, and most everything is stills. The other source I use is Reporting from Ukraine, who tends to be less bombastic than Denys and more focused.

I like his overall drill-down approach. Reporting from Ukraine seems to be just more "here's what happened" and holistic viewing. Denys seems to really get into the details of why things are happening or not happeninig.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

KakerMix posted:

they burned an effigy of Spurdo Spärde, i shouldn't wonder

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

EorayMel posted:

I'd be very surprised if there is not another coup/mutiny/rebellion etc in the next 5 days

Ftfy

"Federalist" Russia is a loving joke holy poo poo.

Just Clowns and Bullies, the government

Joke Miriam
Nov 17, 2019

crispix posted:

they burned an effigy of Spurdo Spärde, i shouldn't wonder

Fug DDDD:

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

LMAO my sister got a pair of Kadyrov boots

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

The devil wears Prada.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Aging dad from the 90's says what.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

KakerMix posted:

They DDOSed some websites causing minor inconvenience

Doccers
Aug 15, 2000

Patron Saint of Chickencheese

BUELLER!

Been looking at NUMBERS,

Russia currently can produce 20,000 shells a month, and they're struggling to do that and keep quality up. (https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/russia-bans-large-quantities-ammunition-163042802.html)

Thats up significantly from their pre-war 7,000 shell a month average (https://jamestown.org/program/russia-struggles-to-maintain-munition-stocks-part-two/)

[edit] hit post too soon

The US started the year at 3,250 a month, is now up to 14,000 per month, and heading towards 28,000 per month by end of year.
Germany started at 8,000 a month, and is heading towards 50,000 per month by end of year.
the rest of europe was at about 16,000 a month combined at beginning of year but also planning to expand.

This ... does not look like good news for Russia, as they are heavily reliant on an artillery advantage, does it?

Russia started the war firing 70,000 shells a day, and by end of 2022 was down to 20,000 a day, and april reporting said they were down to 10,000 a day, and it's just gotten worse since, while Ukrainian artillery continues to slowly grow. Have they reached parity?

Doccers fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jul 11, 2023

the other hand
Dec 14, 2003

43rd Heavy Artillery Brigade
"Ultima Ratio Liberalium"

CoffeeQaddaffi posted:

At risk of going overboard, thirding this. He’s a former Ukrainian commercial pilot who lived in Crimea before the Russians invaded it. Like many, he can be overly optimistic about things, but is pretty good about presenting current events accurately. He’s also one of the rare pro-Ukraine channels that criticizes Ukraine sometimes - in particular re: corruption.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Pretty good as those things go

https://twitter.com/Maks_NAFO_FELLA/status/1678496220677828608