Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard
Aren't AT also getting a new team name next season? Ricciardo seems like a good guy to have in your team marketing-wise even if he's just kinda being stored there for freshness like F1's crisper drawer.

fake edit: get an air fryer with knobs instead of a stupid wonky touch screen that makes a horrible BEEP noise every single time you interact with it in any way like mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

DeVrycciardo

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Dan-air-el Fry-ciardo?

Epiphyte
Apr 7, 2006

So what's the Over on Danny outqualifying Perez

Also, what washed driver will ESPN pair with Arnett now?

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Epiphyte posted:

I'd love to see Vettel.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Kirios posted:

It seems harsh but Nyck was really, really bad.

Wonder how much of the results are due to the AT car sucking vs him sucking. Everyone seemed reasonably impressed with his 1 race last year.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Please inspect the thermal tiles, Zak.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Snackula posted:

Aren't AT also getting a new team name next season? Ricciardo seems like a good guy to have in your team marketing-wise even if he's just kinda being stored there for freshness like F1's crisper drawer.

fake edit: get an air fryer with knobs instead of a stupid wonky touch screen that makes a horrible BEEP noise every single time you interact with it in any way like mine.

I thought it was Alfa Romeo that was doing a makeover, but AT might be getting one with the engine stuff going on at hellbase redbull.

Also yeah that beep is a huge annoyance, sometimes way at the back of the manual they give you some arcane combo of buttons to hold in order to silence it but for the most part you can't stop them without a mod.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

FAUXTON posted:

I thought it was Alfa Romeo that was doing a makeover, but AT might be getting one with the engine stuff going on at hellbase redbull.
Alfa romeo is just a name/title deal for the Sauber team. They will be owned by and called Audi in 2026.

AT is going back to a more Redbull Related name or something like that. I doubt it will be Toro Rosso again.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I think Tsunoda is pretty bad in his own right, and that Danny will largely out-perform him through the rest of the season. But I suppose we'll all find out together.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Zedd posted:

Alfa romeo is just a name/title deal for the Sauber team. They will be owned by and called Audi in 2026.

AT is going back to a more Redbull Related name or something like that. I doubt it will be Toro Rosso again.

team flugtag it is

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Cimber posted:

I'd love to see Vettel.

He said washed up

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Epiphyte posted:

reports are the first run was dire, so probably no one

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Epiphyte posted:

Car is bad, Driver is bad. outlook: not good.

I suspect Honda is probably gonna try and get Tsunoda into Aston at some point so this probably is more just having someone competent in the team for when whatever poo poo rookie they can scrounge up to fill the second seat slots in so the team isn't totally loving lost.

Epiphyte
Apr 7, 2006

tony quidtana posted:

I suspect Honda is probably gonna try and get Tsunoda into Aston at some point so this probably is more just having someone competent in the team for when whatever poo poo rookie they can scrounge up to fill the second seat slots in so the team isn't totally loving lost.
True, but if all you have to do is get out of Q1...

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

tony quidtana posted:

going from having Fernando as a teammate to having Yuki as a teammate will probably be what it takes to make Lance finally quit F1 lol

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Snackula posted:

Ours is so antiquated that the timer works even when it isn’t plugged in. This has led to some disappointments.

I feel sorry for DeVries but he seemed pretty boring and old so might well have Danny Ric who is interesting and old.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Epiphyte posted:

True, but if all you have to do is get out of Q1...

All Riccairdo had to do to keep his Mclaren seat was not be an embarrassing clown and look where we are now.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Cimber posted:

btw, today is Prime Day. Anyone have any suggestions on Air Fryers?

Buy a sous vide

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I like Danny but I think him stepping into that absolute shitbox is going to end his career. He won't get the results, no other team is going to see anything to make them want him driving for them, and the usual Red Bull approach to dumping drivers will ferry him to the exit.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

lol, how embarrassing

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

nycks out

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Get your Nycks out for the lads

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Little dick nyck fired for ricc

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

ricc snips li'l nyck

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Riccy boy will just be the second best Australian on the grid

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard

Aphex- posted:

Riccy boy will just be the second best Australian on the grid

Behind Bottas

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Epiphyte posted:

If danny can get out of Q1 there's a 50% chance he out qualifies Perez

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
does anyone know if there is a free way to watch super formula? with no race this weekend in f1 i wanted to ch ch check it out

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
One only been watching a few years when was the last time a driver was replaced mid way through a season

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

[1950s eel-based dad joke]
It’s not unheard of; Gasly in 2019, Jolyon Palmer in 2017.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Yuki is cooler than Dan and will beat him like he did Nyk

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

slave to my cravings posted:

One only been watching a few years when was the last time a driver was replaced mid way through a season

gasly at red bull if mazepin doesn't count?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

slave to my cravings posted:

When Kelly Piquet replaced Kvyat for Verstappen.

Theophany fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jul 11, 2023

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
RBR making GBS threads on one of their drivers? What bizarro parallel universe are we in?

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Frond posted:

Not really there are guys like Michael Bartels who never even appeared on the grid.

Not appearing at all would be less embarrassing than Mazepin imho.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

rbr just winding up to fire danny again for laughs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
I hope danny does well enough in AT to get the RBR seat and then spends all 2024 crashing into Max.