Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Does anyone ever come into those BBBY/BABY threads on reddit and say "cmon guys... it's over"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Almost constantly

And all it seems to do is harden their conviction

Squiggle fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jul 11, 2023

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
bye bye buy buy baby

Orio
May 16, 2022
They're convinced that naysayers are shills paid by short hedgefunds to make them give up their shares. It's a pretty elegant system for making boneheaded financial decisions: the more people tell you that you're an idiot, the more it strengthens your resolve.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
Imagine being heavily invested, monetarily and emotionally, in the continued operations of a baby supply store called Buy Buy Baby.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The amount of inside terminology and acronyms found in that sub rivals anything on the web.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Scratch Monkey posted:

no no you see, the ip is worth 15 million but the assets are worth way more than that. nobody bid on them because they're worth more. if they weren't worth a lot somebody would have bid on them.

This weird honors system, where everyone knows the assets are worth billions, so they won't even entertain the idea of paying pennies for it.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

The amount of inside terminology and acronyms found in that sub rivals anything on the web.

it's amazing, they have their own alt version of economics. they attempt to legitimize their scams with made up jargon. also it's an obvious cult. LOL

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
its sad. I know some goon types who made a lot of money on gamestop, then blew it all on every other meme stock and they are stuck in "any day now...." land.
nice, smart, delusional people

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Oh they also think Teddy is registered as a bank for some reason. Pointing out that you need a bank charter to be a bank is apparently just something paid shills claim. The bank part is important for some reason.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

I mean Buy Buy Baby wasn't even in an adam sandler film or mentioned in the lyrics of a team america song, so I don't know why they think its worth so much.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Rad-daddio posted:

My wife worked at a company that printed checks, and other security-type documents.

This guy and one of his idiot partners were trying to start some kind of libertarian oasis in Hawaii, and they thought it'd be a great idea to create their own currency.

The company filled the order, thinking nothing of it, and was promptly raided by the FBI. Apparently, you can't just start printing your own currency on a lark. The printing company just thought it was novelty money.

The FBI was ready and waiting to seize their computers, and even had large flatbed trailers on call to haul off the actual printing presses if the company didn't cooperate with them.

They shrugged and handed over everything that they ever had on the guy and never heard about it again.

I looked around for info online, but never saw anything about it.

fake edit: found it

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/feds-seize-fake-coins-featuring-ron-paul/

mf was putting his face on coins too lmao

The logic behind that and all the poo poo they stated is exactly the same as crypto and BRICS. Why do we continually have the same argument out of crypto?

article posted:

The organization, which is critical of the Federal Reserve, has repeatedly clashed with the federal government, which contends that the gold, silver and copper coins it produces are illegal. NORFED claims its Liberty Dollars are inflation free and can restore stability to financial markets by allowing commerce based on a currency that does not fluctuate in value like the U.S. dollar.

"Money is bad, our money is better"
"Capitalism is bad, join our (complicated but equivalent) Capitalism instead"

I would not put above crypto people selling actual rocks for money (not just the ether rock poo poo)

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Most of these people's problems with the current systems are just they they aren't at the top, so they want to remake everything but this time they get everything.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Why would "Teddy" need the assets (some store leases, a few unsold towels) of a failed retailer in order to launch as a web 3.0 Amazon/Bank/Facebook-killer?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Zero One posted:

Why would "Teddy" need the assets (some store leases, a few unsold towels) of a failed retailer in order to launch as a web 3.0 Amazon/Bank/Facebook-killer?

Because I would benefit from it, and Teddy is nice and real and my friend.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

billionaires are bad except for this one specific billionaire who is jesus christ

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...
Shills tell us that buying bad stocks is bad and buying good stocks is good. The truth, you`ll find, is that the reverse is actually true.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Boxturret posted:

Imagine being heavily invested, monetarily and emotionally, in the continued operations of a baby supply store called Buy Buy Baby.

This made me flash back to memes of yesteryear.

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer

Zwabu posted:

Does anyone ever come into those BBBY/BABY threads on reddit and say "cmon guys... it's over"?

shill

I'm buying more

Why are you desperate for us to sell?

Kenny, is that you?

I keep meaning to plug this youtube channel: Jauwn
He's been reviewing web3 games and buddy, it goes about as well as you would think!

Also, he recently made a great video on a BBBY celebrity/ stalker, Kais Maalej

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
Apparently grifting within grifting resulting in *criminal cases* is seen as a good thing.

https://twitter.com/SDNYnews/status/1678780204062490626

:shrug:

notwithoutmyanus fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jul 11, 2023

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.
You can't do this, code is law!!!

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

They also think the taxpayers are going to give them their billions once the "hedgies" go bankrupt.

(from a thread where they're predicting $100,000 a share)

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Has any stock other than maybe Berkshire Hathaway been worth that much?

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003

Nessus posted:

Has any stock other than maybe Berkshire Hathaway been worth that much?

Are you saying 300,000x gains in a week is unreasonable?

And that's their floor price

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Boxturret posted:

Wow I can't believe you all don't get it:

ip = 15 million

ip + assets = < 15 million

therefore assets = billions and billions!!!

ip = pi

pi + assets = < $15,000,000

1 + assets/pi = < $15,000,000/pi

assets/pi = < $4,774,648 - $1

pi has an infinite number of digits

assets = < $4,774,648 x infinity

assets = < infinity

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

HappyHippo posted:

I'm in absolute awe of the stupidity of these BBBY bagholders. It's mind boggling.

The screenshots are all stupid, but this one takes the cake. These idiots have no idea what shorting is or what causes a short squeeze. The Gamestop squeeze broke their brains and now they see squeezes everywhere when GME was pretty much a freak occurence that is unlikely to be repeated anytime soon.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

HappyHippo posted:

They also think the taxpayers are going to give them their billions once the "hedgies" go bankrupt.

(from a thread where they're predicting $100,000 a share)

So what, you're saying BBBY isn't going to suddenly have a market cap of $73 TRILLION????

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Scratch Monkey posted:

What's the significance of the teddy?

the bbbaggy investment thesis is that their lord and savior Cohen is planning to launch an app called Teddy which will be Amazon’s biggest competitor but also an entire self contained financial system and use AI and basically be the Star Citizen of companies, and their wealth will derive from their ownership of this company (since Cohen will roll all BBBYQ into Teddy stock).

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

These knuckleheads are incredible. It's like a post-apocalyptic scenario where society unearths a pre-fall artifact and build a religion around it. Except in this case what they found was a collection of hedge fund internal memos.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

A Canticle for Lehman

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

the bbbaggy investment thesis is that their lord and savior Cohen is planning to launch an app called Teddy which will be Amazon’s biggest competitor but also an entire self contained financial system and use AI and basically be the Star Citizen of companies, and their wealth will derive from their ownership of this company (since Cohen will roll all BBBYQ into Teddy stock).

don't leave GameStop, the backbone of Teddy, out of this hagiography

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Planet of the (Liquidated) Apes

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

the Star Citizen of companies

Oh man this is the perfect analogy

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
It must also be remembered that Reddit is the home of the creative writing exercise so some not insignificant portion of the "true" believers are just people acting how they think someone who was way too deep into this would act

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Hello Sailor posted:

ip = pi

assets = < infinity

Can't dispute this, its backed by math.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

So what, you're saying BBBY isn't going to suddenly have a market cap of $73 TRILLION????

That's 1.5x all the money that exists in the world currently.

Hello Sailor posted:

ip = pi

assets = < infinity

All numbers are = to or less than infinity.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Have there been stock market cults in the past? Usually cults have involved people just giving all their money away and/or committing ritualistic suicide rather than attempting to make a profit but perhaps we could say the same for all capitalism! :smug:

I tried searching and only found CULT Food Science Corp lol

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

is there even an event that would actually convince them it's over at this point

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Neito posted:

All numbers are = to or less than infinity.

Oh yeah? What about infinity + 1? :smugbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Call your girl NFT cause she's slurpin' on my ape 3x a day.