Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Charles Leclerc posted:

Buy a sous vide

Sous vide french fries and fried chicken come out sort of soggy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
danny ric pulled one weird trick. local dutchmen hate it!

ja_raul
May 1, 2005
Nyck de free agent
Daniel Ricciardontfuckthisup

Did they swap roles, as in.. is nyck now the RB reserve driver? If Perez meets an untimely fate then we could be seeing double dutch, a step backwards of sorts.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

ArmZ posted:

reports are the first run was dire, so probably no one

it was so terrible, and worst of all, boring

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I like that they were nice enough to go back and delete it so they didn't have people asking what points

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

They should have kept it up and styled it out as a burn

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Thanks Ants posted:

They should have kept it up and styled it out as a burn

"normally a driver being replaced does not transfer their points to their replacement, but special circumstances in this case allow for it"

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Cimber posted:

Sous vide french fries and fried chicken come out sort of soggy.

That's why you use the vacuum seal bags 😉

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The AT is a shitbox that has scored points twice this season out of 20 attempts, I'd be amazed if Dan can get 10 points in the remaining races.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I think he bins it at least twice before the end of the season

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atPot6xr9Yo

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Red Warrior posted:

Be interesting to see how much if any today's test actually played into this, but Horner being quoted that DR's times were very extremely competitive. Lawrence Baretto going one better and saying he's been told the times would have been good enough for front row start this weekend. Got to take a grain of salt due to different conditions and obviously the different (no blankets) tire compound but given the rapidity something must have made them say yeah pull the trigger. RB are savage enough that if he had been complete dogshit they would have done something different. Perez should absolutely be looking over his shoulder for next year if DR really was showing he has the speed in that car straight off the bat.

Perez is absolutely feeling the heat, and I'd be willing to bet this is a RBR move to get him (ie Perez) to start to clean his poo poo up ASAP or he's out on his rear end. RBR has always been this ruthless in the past.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Perez is safe for as long as RBR feel comfortable that they’re winning the constructors

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Could max win the constructors by himself?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The lead they have now is safe, but a Max win and a Mercedes 2-3 every race would see Max take 25 points and Mercedes take 33 before you look at Perez or extra points here and there for fastest lap and I can't be bothered to figure out sprint races. So if Perez hadn't had those first five good results and Mercedes hadn't waited to know for sure that their sidepod concept was wrong, things could look a bit different.

I still think Perez is the right person to be #2 because I can't think of many other drivers who are above average and would be happy to be #2 driver to Max loving Verstappen.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/PHortonF1/status/1678785293673955328?t=e7Wm1Frm7e_jR502k4Qoqw&s=19

Everything old is new again

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Thanks Ants posted:

I still think Perez is the right person to be #2 because I can't think of many other drivers who are above average and would be happy to be #2 driver to Max loving Verstappen.

Are you saying Perez is above average?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Yeah he's above average. He's better than both Alpine, AT and Haas drivers, better than Stroll, Sargeant, Zhou and probably Piastri. Sort of a Bottas.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Bottas is what came to my mind as a possible replacement.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Perez is fine with the performance gap red bull have at the moment, but I think if another team moved consistently closer to the point where only having one good driver hamstrung their strategies they'd eject Perez in a second.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Bottas doesn't strike me as someone who can be bothered any more. He's 33, got his money, likes bike racing now, I can see him wanting to wind it down a bit.

tony quidtana posted:

Perez is fine with the performance gap red bull have at the moment, but I think if another team moved consistently closer to the point where only having one good driver hamstrung their strategies they'd eject Perez in a second.

Agreed, I also don't think that performance gap is ever going to be small enough this season to be a concern. If he wobbles next year after Mercedes have fixed their aero to the point that they are consistently getting both drivers on the podium then I can see him getting the standard Marko treatment.

Thanks Ants fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jul 11, 2023

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Thanks Ants posted:

The lead they have now is safe, but a Max win and a Mercedes 2-3 every race would see Max take 25 points and Mercedes take 33 before you look at Perez or extra points here and there for fastest lap and I can't be bothered to figure out sprint races. So if Perez hadn't had those first five good results and Mercedes hadn't waited to know for sure that their sidepod concept was wrong, things could look a bit different.

You're assuming a lot to think Merc could come 2-3 every race.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I think we are going to see a completely new Alpha Tauri lineup next year regardless, and the next 6-8 race is basically Yuki, Danny, and Checo's audition for a Red Bull 2024 seat.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
Max himself is currently up 52 points on Mercedes and if you were to remove Perez from existence then the Merc drivers would only gain like 24 points from the resultant bump in the races and sprints so far

e: and Max would gain 15 points as well

opposable thumbs.db fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jul 12, 2023

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

RYP Nyck tyme for Ryc

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Are Dan! :D

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
I’m sorry, who the fk is Nyck de Vries?

Welcome back Are Dan.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Simplex posted:

I think we are going to see a completely new Alpha Tauri lineup next year regardless, and the next 6-8 race is basically Yuki, Danny, and Checo's audition for a Red Bull 2024 seat.

Agree. I’d be shocked if AT wasn’t Lawson-Iwasa next year.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

I picked up a copy of F1 2018 to really immerse myself in my DTS experience and despite changing nothing in my driving style I'm spinning out like crazy at Barcelona. :iiam: But, yeah, this is really fun for learning the tracks.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Halo14 posted:

I’m sorry, who the fk is Nyck de Vries?

Welcome back Are Dan.

Nobody knows to this day

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
I can see this going either way. Either Dan kills it in the AlphaTauri and schools Yuki or just spends the rest of the season qualifying 18th-20th.

I'm prepared for both outcomes.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

:australia:

get Doohan on the grid

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

slave to my cravings posted:

Could max win the constructors by himself?
Max currently has 255 points
If perez had scored 0, they would still be ahead of Mercedes 203

He has more points than teams 5-10 combined.

If a team were to consistently finish 2-3 behind him, they'd need their #2 to consistently finish 5th or better, which is the low bar Perez is mostly clearing.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Mazepin completed an entire F1 season….Nyck didn’t even make it half way. Let that marinate for a moment.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

GramCracker posted:

Mazepin completed an entire F1 season….Nyck didn’t even make it half way. Let that marinate for a moment.

Haas was going nowhere slow in 2021 so why dump pay driver Mazepin?

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
Because Ukraine happened

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

GramCracker posted:

Mazepin would likely still be racing for the Uralkali Haas F1 team today if Putin didn't invade Ukraine.
Dude was maybe the most Pay Driver to ever Pay Drive in like the last 10 years. At least Latifi was a nice guy that from all accounts worked hard.

Zedd fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jul 12, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Nick Soapdish posted:

Haas was going nowhere slow in 2021 so why dump pay driver Mazepin?

it's very hard to hold up the "pay" side of "pay driver" when you need to evade sanctions to do so: