Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014
hello? IRS? My charity is very legitimate, we give money to anyone who pays $10 to my friend Jeffrey and sends me a message

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Hello fellow goons... I requested $50 from the Goon Fund yesterday in dire emergency and I think the fund is on hold right now... if anyone could Paypal me $50 ASAP, it would really help. PM for my Paypal address, thank you goons!

E:fufilled

Somebody has issued a correction as of 00:58 on Jul 12, 2023

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

trilljester posted:

Hello fellow goons... I requested $50 from the Goon Fund yesterday in dire emergency and I think the fund is on hold right now... if anyone could Paypal me $50 ASAP, it would really help. PM for my Paypal address, thank you goons!

The fund is not on hold for anyone, though some people have been capped - but even capped we do respond to small requests. We should have been in touch with you yesterday to discuss this request as we sent funds to you twice through a personal paypal and the goonfund paypal - so that's on us. If anyone is worried we haven't responded to you yet - please free to PM us or email the goonfund email as we do check all sources of communication pretty regularly.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
w/e i sent the man elden ring money

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Homeless Friend posted:

w/e i sent the man elden ring money

me too and the good news is you can buy 5 copies with $200 thanks to the steam sale

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

my bony fealty posted:

me too and the good news is you can buy 5 copies with $200 thanks to the steam sale

blessed times we live in. umbasa

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

trilljester posted:

E:fufilled

I'm in similarly dire straits with grocery money, if anyone can help me out I have cash app and venmo, just PM me

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Segata Sanshiro posted:

I'm in similarly dire straits with grocery money, if anyone can help me out I have cash app and venmo, just PM me

I sent a PM asking how much you need

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
I also need $50 for groceries.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Solitair posted:

I also need $50 for groceries.

Sorry to do a direct call out, but I sent you a PM yesterday and haven't heard from you. If you're still in need, please send a PM or do a request through our google forms so we can get you grocery funds.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I donated $100 to one or of the goons who needed grocery money.

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

Hi I just lost my job, rent is due, unemployment is on hold for at least a month. Need some help, badly. Filled out the form

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Feral Integral posted:

Hi I just lost my job, rent is due, unemployment is on hold for at least a month. Need some help, badly. Filled out the form

I saw your request last night, but since you put deadline as today I wanted to wait till we got a new deposit today before we sent funds. I can send funds when I get home from work.

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

Huge ty!!

Feral Integral has issued a correction as of 07:51 on Jul 27, 2023

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
request so I can keep my phone service running sent in

edit: i got some job searches, mental doctors, and disability lawyers who need ways to contact me

World Famous W has issued a correction as of 15:06 on Jul 28, 2023

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I'm working on getting more formal financials for more proof so people feel secure, but I'm putting out a big emergency call for funds please! We have had 10 requests in the last 2 days, all due ASAP or by August 1st, and the total of all them is about $1300. Here's the current balances on hand:

If you can help or know someone who is able to help, please do. There are some people who have already received a lot of aid, so I will try limiting them first and then do what we can afterwards.

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Why is the Venmo link on page 1 asking permission to use my mobile camera?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

LiterallyATomato posted:

Why is the Venmo link on page 1 asking permission to use my mobile camera?

I cant tell you why, I click on it and get the same thing but then when I closed out of that window, the goonfund venmo qr code showed up. I blame paypal.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

It's trying to use your camera to scan the QR code, the link is a little weird. Try refreshing the page and a payment window should come up from the bottom.

Direct username is @usgoonfund.

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

my cat is norris posted:

Direct username is @usgoonfund.

Thank you.

Money's tight, but even my poor rear end was able to throw another :10bux: in there. Hope it helps someone who needs it.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Ok, I have something resembling financials ready. It's not perfect - there's about $195 that I need to find somewhere on the liabilities side, but I've been at this for 2 hours and need to take a break.

July is down in terms of disbursements, but that's mostly been from lack of funds. We still have received a lot of requests, we've just had to do a lot more capping this month then in months past. From requests we've received in July, there is still about $1500 still outstanding from requests that got capped - not including today and yesterday's requests. There is still $4500 in requests from June that is still open, we gave about $300 to these requests in July, as we did promise to help.

The missing $195 is very likely a mix of mid month madness (all reports from venmo, stripe, paypal are usually missing some information until the final statement ((stripe loves throwing in fees but not telling you until the end of month statement!!)) and due to weird shenanigans like getting money back from some requestees due to double payments and funds no longer being needed.

Also, so people are aware, we have raised about $700 from venmo since I put out the call! Thank you all! And, this may sound weird, but please don't send more funds via venmo for the time being! Several of our requests are cashapp only and we have only $9 in that account and now $320 in the bank account. Venmo is great for getting us funds, but if requests cant receive money that way we are kinda sitting ducks!

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Best thread on the forums o7

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
i will cont8nue to have the ability to communicate with the wider world. thanks goons

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
I'm in a really tight spot. I've been unemployed for a period of time, but got a solid 30 hour job about two weeks ago. I'm still going to miss rent this month, Aug 1. My rent is fairly cheap, 550, but my next full paycheck isn't until the 4th (five days from now).

My landlord has me on notice that if I don't pay he's beginning the eviction process. Last month I got a $75 and a $50 payment from the goon fund so I could eat so I'm trepidatious about asking for any money. I have been reading about the dire funds this month and I don't even want to ask

I have a irl friend, fellow goon, who will spot me $300 of what I need but I'm still going to be $250 short. I had a breakdown at work this morning, which isn't good as a cashier. I started crying and had to leave to the manager's office to collect myself.

At least school is starting again next month and I'll be able to take out federal loans to survive.

Good luck everyone.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

you dont have to share this publicly or even privately when you ask the fund for cash money. if you want to, okay, but the whole premise of this entire fund is that you know what you need more than anyone else and you don't have to justify that to loving anyone.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

fosborb posted:

you dont have to share this publicly or even privately when you ask the fund for cash money. if you want to, okay, but the whole premise of this entire fund is that you know what you need more than anyone else and you don't have to justify that to loving anyone.

Correct, and also

If you do need help and weren't just sharing your story, we need you to submit a request or give us your payment information so we can process it. As right now, we don't have anything.

I can't promise anything more than 125 of what you need, but it will at least, get you closer.

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

submitted a form. in a sorta bad spot rent wise but luckily will be starting a new job in two weeks and can hopefully help some goons out instead of being the one who needs the help.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Dang submitted a payment to venmo before I read that it's where we don't need funds right now.

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
Submitted a request but it can be canceled.

Fellow goon assisted with a majority and the Landlord is working with me until my next paycheck.

Sorry for all the trouble.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Coolness Averted posted:

Dang submitted a payment to venmo before I read that it's where we don't need funds right now.

At the time that was true but venmo is back to being the best spot to help us after very quickly being diminished.

If you made a request with a deadline of today, we can't fulfill your request until tomorrow. We received a crapton of cash over the weekend, but stripe isn't releasing it until tomorrow so we are currently at like $80. If you can't wait till tomorrow, please PM with the amount you do need today and I'll work something out.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I used Goonfund about a month ago and thank you Goonfund for the grocery money!

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Hey goons. I'm unemployed since May due to union busting and am abusive work environment, had a brutal divorce from my abusive ex, am living out of my car, and have been pawning my stuff to afford food and gas.

I'm trying to secure housing in a low COL city, but I need a bank account that isn't in the red. Just submitted a request for 800, but honestly even 200 would buy me some time.

Thanks goons.

Sailor Goon
Feb 21, 2012

I don’t feel like my request is as important as others so you can cancel it, and help others out

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

JULY 2023 FINANCIALS UPDATE AND ANNOUNCEMENTS:

July was a lot more laid back than June was for us, were it not for a huge influx of requests in the final couple days of the month, we would have likely limped into August with very little funds. But, we did have a lot of requests and many goons answered our call for help uh quite handsomely! So handsomely, we were able to pay a large expense that had been looming over the fund for a while - which I will get into momentarily.

*I don't want to beat around the bush since we do have some bad news that I have been hoping and praying was resolved much sooner. About 2 weeks ago, we received a message from stripe that they could no longer verify our website and were doing an audit of our account. We never set up a website, however Stripe allowed us to create a twitter account and use that as our website with no issues. However... thanks to new X.com policies, you can no longer find that twitter account without being logged in - which is what triggered the automatic flagging on Stripe's end. We have complied with everything Stripe has requested of us - detailing out our business model, breaking down what we 'sell' (charitable services), how open we are to our 'customers' (I hope you all know that you are giving to a charity, if not then please read the OP lol), and how we conduct business. They were still not satisfied with our answers and wanted a website to view that details out all of this... and thanks to speng We now have a very barebones website that is essentially just the OP. We thought that would be the end of it, however, Stripe is now in week 3 of their 1-2 day review and has now paused all payouts to us. We currently have about $1K sitting with Stripe that they won't give to us until they are satisfied with their review. I reached out yesterday to ask if they require more of us or if they could push back the payout stoppage until their review has completed, but all I got back was "We understand this is an issue for you, but we need more time to complete our review."

*I do want to stress that we are not hardup for money right now. We currently have about $1k in the bank, and a couple hundred with venmo, so the small day to day stuff can still be handled. But requests with deadlines in a couple weeks are being put on hold until that time comes to make sure we have funds for anything immediate. We have contemplated moving to a different payment processor, but we are divided on whether stripe is just dragging their feet or planning to cut us off. We are hoping the issue gets resolved very quickly.

Some good news that came out of this, was to prove that we are an actual charity and because we finally had the funds for it - WE HAVE FILED TO BECOME A 501C3 STATUS CHARITY!! So you may be asking, well why did it take you so long to do so? Well, you see, the fund originally was a small thing that we were expecting to have a max of about $3k a month in revenue - which would mean we could file an amended form 1023 - which is about 6 pages, asks simple questions, and only costs $275. Unfortunately we are, as they say, suffering from success and averaging about $6542 a month in revenue... putting us over the $50K expected threshold for annual income. This means we are disqualified from filing amended form 1023 and had to file the regular form 1023... which is 40 pages long and took me 5 hours to fill out - not including the hours of research I had to do to figure out exactly how to file, what category of charity would be best to be classified as, how a mutual fund should qualify itself to the IRS, etc. Oh also, it costs $600 to file the regular form instead of $275.

*A big requirement of filing, or at least one that made it a LOT easier to file - was to make sure that no officer of the fund is operating with the expectation to receive money back. Meaning the money Speng, KCW, and I fronted the fund has been officially reclassed to member donations as of 6/30/23. Any money we spend on the fund going forward will be treated this way, and we cannot give $100 to cover an expense for the fund one day and expect it back when the fund is able.

*Also as a misc announcement - for repeat requestors - PLEASE don't request via Cashapp, Paypal, or Venmo for funds. I know this can seem really easy but it is incredibly difficult to track the trail of the request days or weeks later. I know it can be an inconvenience to fill out the same information again, but you are saving a lot of manhours on our end by going through the google form instead of the apps.

A lot of announcements this time! Who knew a little fund on a dying gay website would have so much to say lol.

really queer Christmas has issued a correction as of 03:51 on Aug 14, 2023

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I really appreciate all of your hard work!! FIVE HOURS?? Goddamn. That's some dedication. Very exciting news, though -- and I hope Stripe gets their poo poo together for the sake of those who need the fund.

Is there an average donation amount? I'm no good at reading financial spreadsheets. All of those numbers mean nothing to me except green = good.

How often are you donating into the fund and then paying yourselves back in those emergency situations? Is not being able to do that that going to become a hardship for any of you? Do you foresee any issues with meeting the needs of fund recipients? Obviously, the fund is incredibly helpful to so many goons, but it would be nice for it not to be a financial burden/stress on those of you who operate the fund.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Kind of lovely of Stripe to keep taking in recurring donations while they're freezing the money pending this review, but I guess that's the nature of things.

Good luck with everything. You're all doing great work!

speng31b
May 8, 2010

docbeard posted:

Kind of lovely of Stripe to keep taking in recurring donations while they're freezing the money pending this review, but I guess that's the nature of things.

We can pretty easily refund them later if it becomes an issue, stripe isn't going to steal the cash or whatever. If they resolve the review issue all those donations will just go to the bank faster.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

my cat is norris posted:

I really appreciate all of your hard work!! FIVE HOURS?? Goddamn. That's some dedication. Very exciting news, though -- and I hope Stripe gets their poo poo together for the sake of those who need the fund.

Is there an average donation amount? I'm no good at reading financial spreadsheets. All of those numbers mean nothing to me except green = good.

How often are you donating into the fund and then paying yourselves back in those emergency situations? Is not being able to do that that going to become a hardship for any of you? Do you foresee any issues with meeting the needs of fund recipients? Obviously, the fund is incredibly helpful to so many goons, but it would be nice for it not to be a financial burden/stress on those of you who operate the fund.

The only time we have ever paid ourselves back was when we tested to see if cashapp was working by giving KCW $25. Otherwise, any money we'd given on a short term basis just sat there since we never really had enough funds to take back. I don't want to speak for kcw or speng, but I was never in a dire position without it. There were a couple times I could have used the money back, but I got by.

Average donation amount as in money given or received? Former I can calculate pretty quick tonight, latter I'd need to pull some stripe reports and collate with venmo/paypal.

We should be okay for the next week, but if the hold lasts longer than a week then it could get dicey. As I said, we've been in direr situations (end of July was pretty bad before the call went out).

docbeard posted:

That's actually really normal for payment processors to do during a review period. You're supposed to act like business is normal while they hold your lifeblood above you and they see how you react.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Gotta love the financial backbone of the world being a goddamn mess to navigate and utilize properly and even when you do everything right they still dick you over sometimes.

Thank you for all of your hard work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

remember when paypal stole $20k of red cross donations from us? good times. in other news I'm happy to make a proper website for the fund, PM me if interested