Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
:lol: did you pick a story at random and just happen to end up at Wilbur vs the US Government?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Murdstone posted:

Goddammit 1998 Mary Worth hooked me.

Leads off with intimidation on someone who's got no reason to treat as hostile ("before you panic" suggests the idea of panicking, "bad choice of words coming from an armed woman ha ha", "as far as I know you haven't done anything wrong"), woefully underprepared with the names and relationship of the people she's investigating, vague allusions rather than details. I hope she's intentionally being depicted as incompetent/over-antagonistic, because this has my hackles up right away.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Schwarzwald posted:

:lol: did you pick a story at random and just happen to end up at Wilbur vs the US Government?
I went to the end of what’s on Comics Kingdom and it happened to be this story.

Same thing happened with Newspaper Spider-Man where I wound up with a story about a millionaire that makes a robot gorilla costume to do crimes.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Sounds like a bog-standard newspaper Spider-Man story.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Murdstone posted:

Goddammit 1998 Mary Worth hooked me.

lmao was Wilbur originally supposed to be Timothy mcveigh

how far the sandwich has fallen

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Bruceski posted:

Leads off with intimidation on someone who's got no reason to treat as hostile ("before you panic" suggests the idea of panicking, "bad choice of words coming from an armed woman ha ha", "as far as I know you haven't done anything wrong"), woefully underprepared with the names and relationship of the people she's investigating, vague allusions rather than details. I hope she's intentionally being depicted as incompetent/over-antagonistic, because this has my hackles up right away.

The look on Mary's face in that last panel is awesome. Like, listen here you hooligan, I am Mary loving Worth, I do not panic, I do not do things wrong, and I have more arms than the Libyan forces you lot keep selling to, so sit the gently caress down while I give you a cyanide muffin.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Kennel posted:

Wilbur was a communist all along??

Somehow, Wilbur gets called before the House of Un-American Activities in 1998.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

riderchop posted:

For Better or For Worse

It's kind of sad that his dad dropping him off at college is a huge surprise. Even worse that his dad is just going to look at young girls.

Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Going on vacation! Will catch up next week

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Steeple 16: Hell on Wheels Part 1

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Steeple website

John Allison posted:

Ah, THAT’S what Billie’s going to do.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

Curtis

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Our Boarding House (April 3-5, 1924)

Toonerville Folks (June 6-8, 1921; spoilered for the Usual Reasons)

Dok's "Two-For-One Assail" Duck (October 26, 1914)

Little Lefty (October 24-26, 1938)

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Nobody loving Cares About High School Graduation Speakers, I Graduated In 2008 And I Didn't Have One. College, Maybe, But Also Who Cares.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Hostile V posted:

Nobody loving Cares About High School Graduation Speakers, I Graduated In 2008 And I Didn't Have One. College, Maybe, But Also Who Cares.

20 years later booing my graduation speaker is still one of the proudest moments in my life. Hometown had been hit by a forest fire, we all felt like we were abandoning it when people were rebuilding, and this senator or whatever completely failed to read the room. I don't know who started it but everyone joined in.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Gil Thorp

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

We don't get to see the arrest? This sucks.

She make a bowl of popcorn to watch the 6'o'clock news every night, or just when she's phoned in a tip?

e: the odds that tomorrow we see the suspect they arrested and he's black have to be >50% right

Pinterest Mom fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jul 12, 2023

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

An Taoiseach posted:

The only danger of a shift in main characters is if Ces jumps to the “Hil’s 20-something adventures” like you feel he wants to
I have always said that instead of ending Apartment 3-G they should have given it to Marciuliano.

Murdstone posted:

Maybe I'm alone in this but I can't stand Baby B-Bomb.
Nah, I'm not into the super-baby plot either.

Bruceski posted:

It's great. :sickos:

Murdstone posted:

Same thing happened with Newspaper Spider-Man where I wound up with a story about a millionaire that makes a robot gorilla costume to do crimes.
I remember that one. :allears:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
1981 comics

Dick Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Computoon: Origins

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From The Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side Of The Horse

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

We don't get to see the arrest? This sucks.

this is Wilbur's slime-rear end fault, I just know it.

If they were going to rip a story about a lost dog from the headlines that had no involvement from the hero or the dog's owner, they could at least have ripped off an interesting story instead of a sad one:

https://www.thedodo.com/daily-dodo/missing-dog-who-spent-2-months-in-cave-is-so-happy-to-be-home-again

The_Other posted:

Steeple 16: Hell on Wheels Part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsS_VMzY10I

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (August 08, 2001)

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

riderchop fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jul 13, 2023

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

This post intentionally left blank.

Tiggum fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jul 14, 2023

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Mar. 16, 1958)

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
And so, Val kills another man.

Krazy Kat(May 20, 1917)

Little Nemo(October 14, 1906)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Humpdi

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 7/11/03

Brenda Starr 5/3-5/51

Smokey Stover 9/25/55

Everyday Movies 8/5/36

"He'd be all right for my vacation, but if he came to see me in the city how could I explain him to the boy friend?"

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 10/30 - 11/1/41

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Let the man poop in peace!

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

Curtis

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Curtis the negated

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Invisible Curtis Wilkins

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

riderchop posted:

Safe Havens

Everything these characters have been saying sounds absolutely insane. Mermaids are running a fishing scam to trick humans into becoming immortal fish-people, with the implication they've been doing this to expand their dwindling gene pool. In any other situation, they'd be considered the baddies, so I guess it's no wonder they get along so well with DNA Wizard here.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (Mar. 16, 1958)

We should bring back the giant novelty alcohol boat imo.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

riderchop posted:

Safe Havens

Are they sitting on that Titanic sub?

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

readingatwork posted:

We should bring back the giant novelty alcohol boat imo.

I gotta say, in this COVID reality, one of the last things I want to see anywhere is a communal drinking trough.

OTOH, having a small boat of liquor being passed around a frat house as a "Viking Funeral" might lead to some wonderful antics.

An Taoiseach
Mar 23, 2008

World's Strongest Love

amigolupus posted:

Everything these characters have been saying sounds absolutely insane. Mermaids are running a fishing scam to trick humans into becoming immortal fish-people, with the implication they've been doing this to expand their dwindling gene pool. In any other situation, they'd be considered the baddies, so I guess it's no wonder they get along so well with DNA Wizard here.

It’s the casualness with which “saving a mermaid three times makes you a mermaid too!”, like it’s the most normal thing in the world

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

A communal drinking vessel that you never touch with your lips is probably extremely covid safe though.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J
Vacation catch-up:

Probably 2-3 sessions of good marriage counseling hiding in this comic.

I don't think I get this one. Did she take so long filling up the tub the water got cold? Is it because it's so hot out she didn't want a hot bath? Is the water heater going?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Huxley posted:

I don't think I get this one. Is it because it's so hot out she didn't want a hot bath?

That's the one. You can see her sweating in the first two panels.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jucika "134 - Jucika Is A Bit Of A Careerist"

"135 - Jucika And The Zipper Repair"

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
That's one horny zipper repairman.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Kennel posted:

That's one horny zipper repairman.

I’ll take “sentences never before uttered in the history of the English language” for 800, Alex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

howe_sam posted:

That's the one. You can see her sweating in the first two panels.

Ah, yep!