Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
First clip of Phil visiting the ActiBlizz offices

https://youtu.be/UMdmWjtDRPE

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'm not upset! It's just the truth, Microsoft said as much themselves under oath, its literally a stated fact in court records now. Xbox first party library isn't what makes their ecosystem good.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

some good posts in this thread

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Phil Spencer should do the next presentation wearing a shirt with Jim Ryan’s face on it.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It’s certainly true that a lot of Microsoft’s strategy for ensuring the deal goes through has been frequently claiming that they’re actually humble losers who are getting their rear end kicked up and down the block

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Escobarbarian posted:

It’s certainly true that a lot of Microsoft’s strategy for ensuring the deal goes through has been frequently claiming that they’re actually humble losers who are getting their rear end kicked up and down the block

Their extensive evidence apparently involved literally one million posts from something called the "sharktank"

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Escobarbarian posted:

They’re basically Bill Paxton’s character from True Lies

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Their extensive evidence apparently involved literally one million posts from something called the "sharktank"

It was a genius move to get that one mentally ill guy who still posts in that thread as their star witness

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Feels Villeneuve posted:

It was a genius move to get that one mentally ill guy who still posts in that thread as their star witness

He posts in this thread too, he is an expert at “hearing some things”

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

ColdPie posted:

She's good, actually

Are you sure about that?

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/antitrust/senior-ftc-staff-departures-spike-as-ambitious-agenda-looms

Everything I've heard about her is that she keeps picking fights that are unlikely to be won, and unsurprisingly keeps losing.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I wonder what the judge thought about the last nintendo direct and the return of Geno

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I just checked that thread and saw some familiar faces with 20,000 posts lmfao. Freaks just can’t help themselves.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
There's like one specific guy who turned the thread into his own personal blog to post about the x box, ex-Giant Bomb writers, and the Something Awful front page

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Wtf thread are you talking about?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
There was also a Nintendo Switch mock thread in GBS and as late as December 2017 after it was obviously a sales success, some guy I still see posting was continuously posting that it would fail, and that everyone would buy gaming PCs instead because you could mine bitcoin on them

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Blue Raider posted:

The purveyor of the Walkman

popping a new minidisc into my aibo as we speak

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Feels Villeneuve posted:

There was also a Nintendo Switch mock thread in GBS and as late as December 2017 after it was obviously a sales success, some guy I still see posting was continuously posting that it would fail, and that everyone would buy gaming PCs instead because you could mine bitcoin on them

Oh, GBS. Never change?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

External Organs posted:

Oh, GBS. Never change?

Lol that guy pwns

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Original_Z posted:

Are you sure about that?

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/antitrust/senior-ftc-staff-departures-spike-as-ambitious-agenda-looms

Everything I've heard about her is that she keeps picking fights that are unlikely to be won, and unsurprisingly keeps losing.

There's also serious talk of appealing this decision. I guess she wants another L.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

External Organs posted:

Wtf thread are you talking about?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3622381

Click at your own risk.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Thoughts, big win for customers, big blow to Sony and not sure how much Microsoft the parent company will benefit from this.

Sony fans who think this won't affect them are beyond delusional. Playstation is my main console but I have gamepass and this will just increase it's value 10x. Microsoft's game pipeline will completely blow Playstation out of the water. I think that Sony will now look to issue debt and aqcuire more studios. They probably thought this would be delayed bit longer.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Wiltsghost posted:

There's also serious talk of appealing this decision. I guess she wants another L.

KHAAAAAAAN

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Ohhhh, that's a very strange little forum right there. Like a very ugly baby.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Lol that guy pwns

lmao

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

The thread title doesn’t even make sense. Halo infinite was good and well received.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
The only thing that would make me play WoW in tyool 2023, or 2024, or 2025 is it coming to Gamepass. Make it happen cowards I quit MMOs circa late 2003 and I want this.

Sidebar but with MS at the helm, I think it’s a fair bet that any Activision-Blizzard properties being rereleased, resurrected, or remade will probably have some attention paid to their accessibility, which is something I’m pretty excited about. Microsoft’s philosophy has definitely trickled down to other companies they’ve purchased.

I say philosophy, but considering the uniformity of the features I’m guessing it’s more like a mandate lol.

unattended spaghetti fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jul 12, 2023

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023
fuck off worms butthole guy!!!

I said come in! posted:

I'm not upset! It's just the truth, Microsoft said as much themselves under oath, its literally a stated fact in court records now. Xbox first party library isn't what makes their ecosystem good.

Companies say alot of things

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Ulio posted:

Thoughts, big win for customers, big blow to Sony and not sure how much Microsoft the parent company will benefit from this.

Sony fans who think this won't affect them are beyond delusional. Playstation is my main console but I have gamepass and this will just increase it's value 10x. Microsoft's game pipeline will completely blow Playstation out of the water. I think that Sony will now look to issue debt and aqcuire more studios. They probably thought this would be delayed bit longer.

They should stop making those mid Horizon games and make a new Killzone to compete with Cod.

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023
fuck off worms butthole guy!!!

MechaSeinfeld posted:

I wonder what the judge thought about the last nintendo direct and the return of Geno

she referred to anything from Nintendo and Square as "that weird japanese stuff"

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

holy poo poo 11 pages of that thread are khablam lmfao

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
is the judge a”gamer girl”

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

spaceblancmange posted:

holy poo poo 11 pages of that thread are khablam lmfao

That's posting with power

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

is the judge a”gamer girl”

the judge has one of the highest xbox gamer scores of anyone.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Wiltsghost posted:

They should stop making those mid Horizon games

would be good with this

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
All rise for the honorable Judge Cheevo

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

All rise for the honorable Judge Cheevo

I hope her gamerscore has some weird odd value like it ends in a 7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

priznat posted:

I hope her gamerscore has some weird odd value like it ends in a 7

It’s 420,069