Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Gripweed posted:

Basically the Justice Society existed first, in like the 30s, with a bunch of the weird early comics characters. The Justice League came years later, with the classic characters we all know and love. It's in-universe situation is weird because with DC's various reboots it's gone back and forth between being another superhero organization that exists alongside the Justice League, and the equivalent of the Justice League in another universe. I genuinely don't know which it currently is.

You are wrong. Black Adam was a recurring villain in DC's Captain Marvel/Shazam series. He became a bigger name character with DC's 52 series in the mid 2000s, where he had a really good storyline. 52 was a huge hit among normal comics nerds and exposed the character to people who had never read Captain Marvel before. In that series he looked like this

i was wrong about it being a SLJ-level likeness rip but in the mid-2000s everybody was hooting and hollering about how the rock looks like and should play Black Adam. Source: The Rock

so i feel my point stands that if he had just done it then instead of farting around for 15 freaking years he'd be a trillionaire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 11 minutes!

quick, without googling

1) how many issues constituted the crisis of infinite earths saga
2) how did the hero "psylocke" gain their powers
3) how many canonical lantern factions are there
4) who was wonder woman's most recent love interest (by publication date)

the prize for getting all these right is an all-expenses-paid trip to the nearest avid vat

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
The Rock would have probably been a good Shazam about 10 years ago. Distinctive look and you could really have him play up the idea of what a kid would imagine a superhero being like. Have him play the role less like a tough guy and more like a big manchild. Sort of like his performance in that Southland Tales showed he could play himself as a bit cartoonishly goofy.

I don't know who else would have been a good black Adam fit in the same window, through. Screw it, just roid up Vin to play Black Adam.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

kalel posted:

quick, without googling

the prize for getting all these right is an all-expenses-paid trip to the nearest avid vat

1) Too many
2) In an issue I'm not buying, Chris
3) Not enough to have a Puce Corps
4) The author

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

kalel posted:

quick, without googling

1) No loving clue. If I have to guess, 12. I know DC did a lot of 12 issues "maxi-series" back in the day.
2) Mutant X-gene, gained her combat powers from having her mind go into the body of a ninja but I don't know the circumstances of that
3) There's the seven colors, Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet, plus black. So that's 8. I know there are White Lanterns but I don't know if they are a faction, I thought they were like, a state any Lantern could achieve by mastering themsleves or some poo poo. There's also those killer robots the Guardians made which are powered by the same stuff as Lanterns, do those count? Final answer, 8-10
4) I know she had something going on with Superman for a hot minute there, so I'm saying Superman.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
It's all stupid nerd poo poo. We need to mandate bullying into a national pastime.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

kalel posted:

quick, without googling

1) one?
2) struck by lightning?
3) one?
4) wonder man?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Gripweed posted:

Basically the Justice Society existed first, in like the 30s, with a bunch of the weird early comics characters. The Justice League came years later, with the classic characters we all know and love. It's in-universe situation is weird because with DC's various reboots it's gone back and forth between being another superhero organization that exists alongside the Justice League, and the equivalent of the Justice League in another universe. I genuinely don't know which it currently is.

You are wrong. Black Adam was a recurring villain in DC's Captain Marvel/Shazam series. He became a bigger name character with DC's 52 series in the mid 2000s, where he had a really good storyline. 52 was a huge hit among normal comics nerds and exposed the character to people who had never read Captain Marvel before. In that series he looked like this

2 hours of the rock manspreading would probably be ahuge hit

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Mozi posted:

1) one?
2) struck by lightning?
3) one?
4) wonder man?

something's got to give

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ok but was I right?

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

pacerwpg
Apr 18, 2023

:eyepop:

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

New mutt just dropped WOAH

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
tbh kinda looks like that mutt would have been lucky to have died in vietnam

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

This doesn't look like a bodybag

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Rich Evans: ...Dad?

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Buy this and put a fake punji stick through your chest, add some blood

Halloween costume done

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I like how it says mutt right on the jacket

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Gripweed posted:

ok but was I right?

wrong

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Tighclops posted:

I like how it says mutt right on the jacket

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

a young and virile Michael Stoklasa

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

"Are you one of those guys from Grease?"

"Oh no. MUCH dumber than that."

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Mutt at the VFW in 1989 trying to convince the bartender he's not wearing a toupee

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Kalel you prick get back here and tell me if I was right

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Lmmfao

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Vakal
May 11, 2008
better movie.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

not included: loving everything

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Vakal posted:

better movie.

Indiana Jones is forced to team up with Randy and Mr Leahy when Ricky, Bubbles, and Julian stumble across a priceless First Peoples artifact and decide to fence it in order to finance a legal weed dispensary across the border in Maine

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It's unprecedented to conclude the RLM thread image of the year contest in july, but in this case it's clearly merited. Congratulations

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

No Mods No Masters posted:

It's unprecedented to conclude the RLM thread image of the year contest in july, but in this case it's clearly merited. Congratulations

no, somebody has to shop him into the VCR repair shop in the seat next to Jay

kalel
Jun 19, 2012
Probation

Gripweed posted:

1) No loving clue. If I have to guess, 12. I know DC did a lot of 12 issues "maxi-series" back in the day.
2) Mutant X-gene, gained her combat powers from having her mind go into the body of a ninja but I don't know the circumstances of that
3) There's the seven colors, Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet, plus black. So that's 8. I know there are White Lanterns but I don't know if they are a faction, I thought they were like, a state any Lantern could achieve by mastering themsleves or some poo poo. There's also those killer robots the Guardians made which are powered by the same stuff as Lanterns, do those count? Final answer, 8-10
4) I know she had something going on with Superman for a hot minute there, so I'm saying Superman.

thank you. I misspelled "acid" in my post so you have narrowly avoided death, congratulations and enjoy your surely fulfilling life

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

SAG AFTRA is really gonna strike. Midnight PT tomorrow is the final call but word on the street is it would take a miracle to avoid it.

The "miracle" in this case is something akin to 3 ghosts visiting Zazlav tonight, which means of course the strike is all but gonna happen.

This will also shut down oversees shooting too. Basically what little there was happening after the WGA strike is also gonna grind to a halt.

:sickos:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

and with that, x-men 2, x-men united has been voted in as the RLM thread's 21st best film of all time

kalel
Jun 19, 2012
Probation

That DICK! posted:

and with that, x-men 2, x-men united has been voted in as the RLM thread's 21st best film of all time

what are the current standings

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

kalel posted:

thank you. I misspelled "acid" in my post so you have narrowly avoided death, congratulations and enjoy your surely fulfilling life

Was I right across the board? That was genuinely a total guess on the number of issues in Crisis on Infinite Earths

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

sure okay posted:

SAG AFTRA is really gonna strike. Midnight PT tomorrow is the final call but word on the street is it would take a miracle to avoid it.

The "miracle" in this case is something akin to 3 ghosts visiting Zazlav tonight, which means of course the strike is all but gonna happen.

This will also shut down oversees shooting too. Basically what little there was happening after the WGA strike is also gonna grind to a halt.

:sickos:
Hell yeah
https://twitter.com/BBCWorld/status/1678916542283628544

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

kalel posted:

what are the current standings

RLM thread's greatest films of all time
25. toy story 2
24. bad boys 2
23. clue
22. showgirls
21. x-men 2: x-men united

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Gripweed posted:

crisis did have 12 issues in the main series but it was a crossover event which also constituted 40 tie-in issues at the time of publication
and the orange lantern corps. isn't a faction because larfleeze is the only member, and the indigo tribe and the star sapphires aren't lanterns
lastly the united states only has 46 states, as virginia, massachusetts, pennsylvania and kentucky are actually commonwealths

I'm afraid that's a failing grade. turn in your badge and your gun and report for castration if applicable