Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Zipperelli. posted:

There are some shockingly uncharacteristicly good and correct takes on policing coming out of freep here... is this a fever dream??
capitalism
chuds are supposed to be "gently caress the state and their armed agents"
but enough chuds saw enough ads for "back the blue" merchandise that they made it their identity
lol imagine seeing an ad on tv and then pledging your life to that product

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

You take that back, I would die for Super Happy Fun Ball.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

InsertPotPun posted:

capitalism
but enough chuds saw enough ads for "back the blue" merchandise that they made it their identity

They think the cops are on their side. They must get all shocked Pikachu when they find out that cops are their own side now.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Safety Dance posted:

It's happy! It's fun!

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Safety Dance posted:

* Do not die for Happy Fun Ball.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

InsertPotPun posted:

capitalism

This is like the most American of American anything. Beats apple pie and baseball by a long mile. And it's not just Freep or conservatives. Look how many 'normal' people make media properties their entire identity. Back the Blue is just another entry in that dubious tradition of selling identities for profit extraction.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Warmachine posted:

This is like the most American of American anything. Beats apple pie and baseball by a long mile. And it's not just Freep or conservatives. Look how many 'normal' people make media properties their entire identity. Back the Blue is just another entry in that dubious tradition of selling identities for profit extraction.

this is 110% a thing people (mainly US americans) do where annoying behaviour is quintessentially omfg lol murica, so stupid, not me tho i'm a good american, not just annoying poo poo everyone does

wanna know how many times my kazakh niece watches Frozen and wants to dress up like Elsa ?

it's every day always, let it go in russian is burned harder into my brain than my own name is, let me go Elsa

wanna know how many fistfights my best friend has gotten in about how SV Dessau 05 is the greatest football team ever, always

but no it's not that media and product are normal poo poo every human being on earth gets into, perhaps even manufactured to be so, it's wow the fat dumb freedomland

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

this is 110% a thing people (mainly US americans) do where annoying behaviour is quintessentially omfg lol murica, so stupid, not me tho i'm a good american, not just annoying poo poo everyone does

wanna know how many times my kazakh niece watches Frozen and wants to dress up like Elsa ?

it's every day always, let it go in russian is burned harder into my brain than my own name is, let me go Elsa

wanna know how many fistfights my best friend has gotten in about how SV Dessau 05 is the greatest football team ever, always

but no it's not that media and product are normal poo poo every human being on earth gets into, perhaps even manufactured to be so, it's wow the fat dumb freedomland

:chloe: would you rather I post about fat dumb boratland, despite knowing nothing about Kazakh culture? Or would you rather I post from experience?

Because yeah, lol fat dumb freedomland, that's what we're making fun of in this thread. Fat dumb freedomland that positioned itself as a consumerist paradise for the last century. Fat dumb freedomland that was literally the origin point for your Frozen hell.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Warmachine posted:

:chloe: would you rather I post about fat dumb boratland, despite knowing nothing about Kazakh culture? Or would you rather I post from experience?

Because yeah, lol fat dumb freedomland, that's what we're making fun of in this thread. Fat dumb freedomland that positioned itself as a consumerist paradise for the last century. Fat dumb freedomland that was literally the origin point for your Frozen hell.

Most non-Americans find American exceptionalism annoying, and you can post about the United States without invoking it.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
cops in the 60s: well known for not being abusive bullies

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Scratch Monkey posted:

cops in the 60s: well known for not being abusive bullies

Back then, it was easier to make surveys with the correct focus groups.

Finnankainen
Oct 14, 2012
Top 10 Racist Movies Of All Time

quote:

To: DallasBiff
Birth of a Nation: “...depiction of black people as savages who can’t control their sexual desire for white women....”

None are so blind who can’t see. /spit

10 posted on 7/11/2023, 10:35:42 AM by Flavious_Maximus (Tony Fauci will be put on death row and die of COVID!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

Comment #12 Removed by Moderator

quote:

"Blazing Saddles" was filled with racism, but because producer Mel Brooks is an important Democrat will a big wallet, it has always escaped criticm.

I see Spike Lee's "White Men Can't Jump" didn't make the list either.
23 posted on 7/11/2023, 10:43:26 AM by Dan in Wichita

quote:

I don’t see that there is anything racist in the world. It is a BS concept. In a sane country or world, you laugh at the absurd. You are entertained by stories. They don’t have to be true, Hollywood sticking to only the true facts of things? Hasn’t and won’t happen.

We are supposed to live in a free world, let the market decide and LEAVE PEOPLE BE.

I would like to see the movie they showed the negroes in 1968 High School assemblies, only attended by negroes. I remember friends of mine who came out enraged. Walking as a group, all 10 or so of the black kids in my school. They were aggressive, and even beat up a friend of mind. Until this time, they were just kids in my school. After this, only 2 of them were ever just “part of the school” again. Something changed that day, and I am sure the assembly was held in every HS in the US.

38 posted on 7/11/2023, 10:58:05 AM by Glad2bnuts (“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: We should have set up ambushes...paraphrased)

quote:

Amateurish. There are Nazi films that are more racist and anti-Semitic than Mel Gibson’s (or maybe even Leni Riefenstal’s).

Wondering also 1) if Fu Manchu was supposed to be one of China’s despotic Manchu overlords, and 2) if Fu had been Japanese would there have been as much outrage, given what the Japs were doing in the 30s.

59 posted on 7/11/2023, 11:19:20 AM by x

quote:

To: glimmerman70
In Blazing Saddles every white person was portrayed as an uncivilized, low-life, brain-dead moron.
So yeah, I guess it was a pretty racist movie.

But still drat funny.

78 posted on 7/11/2023, 11:37:40 AM by daler
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 30 | View Replies]
Equating Nazis and Jews certainly is a take.

quote:

To: stockpirate
It wasn’t the Germans that killed the jews in ww2 or the jews that killed Jesus.
Right?

Man is capable a of great evil when he rejects God. Those jews involved rejected god, as did those germans.

Not everyone was complicit, obviously. Individuap free will makes each complicit.

Think about this....lovey dovey love the sinner not the sin Jesus RIPPED THE PHARISEES to shreds verbally many times, yet during the passion, accepted everyone’s sins atoning upon himself.

Germans, Jews, stop hating yourselfs and feeling the world hates you. The individuals involved were properly dealt with and forgiven or cast into hell. It’s over! Except for you and me individually it continues, our free will and need to repent of our own committed sins.

83 posted on 7/11/2023, 11:41:34 AM by If You Want It Fixed - Fix It ( )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

quote:

If The Passion of the Christ is anti-Semitic, then the Bible is anti-Semitic.

84 posted on 7/11/2023, 11:41:35 AM by Fiji Hill

quote:

To: Bob434
Notice “White Men Can’t Jump” didn’t make the list

87 posted on 7/11/2023, 11:42:57 AM by God luvs America (63.5 million pay no income tax and vote for DemoKrats...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

quote:

To: LanaTurnerOverdrive
The very term “racist” is racist itself when uttered by the left because it only applies to caucasians.

92 posted on 7/11/2023, 11:49:41 AM by Bonemaker (invictus maneo)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 66 | View Replies]

quote:

To: LanaTurnerOverdrive
Define racist to me, Sexist, homophobe. Any of those terms. Now there can be those who are bigoted, people are are mean and hang black people. It is not racist to do so. It is murder, or it is robbery, or it is criminal discrimination. Racist is a term for the weak minded. As is the term racism, or sexism. You defeat it by imprisoning, or executing the criminal. It is like the term trans or gender.... fake terms, they denote a feeling, not a fact.

121 posted on 7/11/2023, 1:59:50 PM by Glad2bnuts (“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: We should have set up ambushes...paraphrased)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 66 | View Replies]

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Hmm yes I also want to see the secret film shown to every Black student in 1968 that made them all turn from nice polite young n-words into jungle savages. It sounds like a very real thing that exists and not something made up by the loving Klan.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007
My dad saw the film and then killed himself because he was white.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007
Just came back to say that Freep is wrong about White Men Can't Jump. It was written and directed by Ron Shelton, a white guy so white he wrote and directed Bull Durham

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
"blazing saddles" is racist because most of the white characters are portrayed as ignorant.
"passion of the christ" isn't racist because the nazis made more racist movies.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

they think the movie is literally about white men not being good at athletics, even though the woody harrelson character actually can jump!

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Jesus III posted:

My dad saw the film and then killed himself because he was white.

White school officials need to wear earplugs, noise canceling headphones, and dark polarized sunglasses to even handle the video cassette.

One young white teacher caught a glimpse of the title once and had to be hospitalized with self inflicted stab wounds.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Someone uploaded it to YouTube and it's been killing white people ever since.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

quote:

Amateurish. There are Nazi films that are more racist and anti-Semitic than Mel Gibson’s (or maybe even Leni Riefenstal’s).

Wondering also 1) if Fu Manchu was supposed to be one of China’s despotic Manchu overlords, and 2) if Fu had been Japanese would there have been as much outrage, given what the Japs were doing in the 30s.

59 posted on 7/11/2023, 11:19:20 AM by x

Wait what.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Xiahou Dun posted:

Wait what.

They are technically correct that there were Nazi films that were more anti-Semitic than "What Women Want" and "The Beaver."

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Xiahou Dun posted:

Wait what.

I’m sure they’re referring to Tiefland, when their papa took them to see it

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Xiahou Dun posted:

Sort of?

He was a very passionate dog owner for sure, but I don’t think anyone would call him a good caretaker of them. Dude pretty regularly beat the everloving poo poo out of his pups.

Source? Nothing about this on Blondi’s wikipedia nor elsewhere.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Vahakyla posted:

Source? Nothing about this on Blondi’s wikipedia nor elsewhere.

He beat his dog with a riding crop, repeatedly, to impress Maria “Mimi” Reiter on their first date. Although I admit my source is just Behind the Bastards for that ; I know the podcast host cited a source but I find myself unwilling to scrub through a half hour of audio.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

There’s footage taken by Braun of him petting his dogs at his country retreat, and they cower every time he raises his hand toward them.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

quote:

"Blazing Saddles" was filled with racism, but because producer Mel Brooks is an important Democrat will a big wallet, it has always escaped criticm.

Yes that's absolutely why and not at all that it's an anti-racist movie that's hiding behind a veil of comedy

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Mantis42 posted:

they think the movie is literally about white men not being good at athletics, even though the woody harrelson character actually can jump!

nuiance and satire aren't easily understandable concepts with this crowd

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

Shugojin posted:

Yes that's absolutely why and not at all that it's an anti-racist movie that's hiding behind a veil of comedy

They just don't like being called out by The Kid's speech about the 'common clay'.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Jesus III posted:

Just came back to say that Freep is wrong about White Men Can't Jump. It was written and directed by Ron Shelton, a white guy so white he wrote and directed Bull Durham

Amazing that they’re still fixated on a 30-year-old movie as their sole example of reverse racism in movies.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
11 Popular Songs You Didn’t Realize Are Actually Racist

quote:

Wow this woke writer also says, "the Star Spangled Banner: is racist.
1 posted on 7/12/2023, 12:48:42 AM by DallasBiff
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

quote:

He’s a black sodomite. He lives to be offended.

60 posted on 7/12/2023, 2:04:04 AM by Jewbacca (The residents of Iroquois territory may not determine whether Jews may live in Jerusalem.)

quote:

To: IncPen

Ahab the A-rab. Good times. Okay. But I am willing to bet you a bag of Walnettos that there are ‘popular’ Arab songs deriding Europeans and Jews that didn’t make the list. Maybe I am wrong, but the wager stands...

6 posted on 7/12/2023, 12:56:01 AM by fhayek
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

Well, here's rapper Ice Cube casually calling white girls "Cave Bitches" back in 1994.

https://genius.com/Ice-cube-cave-bitch-lyrics

Nope, no racism there, no sirreeee. Of course if Metallica or Guns and Roses had made a song denigrating black girls, they'd be ineligible for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, they'd be blacklisted from the music industry, their music would have been boycotted, etc. Not Cube. Not only is he in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, he also has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
10 posted on 7/12/2023, 12:57:15 AM by Extremely Extreme Extremist

quote:

Eff these people. They just try and turn down my gramophone and see what happens.

30 posted on 7/12/2023, 1:20:57 AM by ConservativeInPA (Delay Trump’s trial, delay. Elect Trump President. Trump pardons himself.)

quote:

To: Songcraft

Randy Newman - Rednecks

80 posted on 7/12/2023, 3:47:26 AM by dfwgator (Endut! Hoch Hech!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 79 | View Replies]

quote:

When your a racist all you see and hear is racism.

82 posted on 7/12/2023, 3:51:51 AM by fella ("As it was before Noah so shall it be again," )

quote:

Every Hip Hop and Rap song with the N-word . . .

84 posted on 7/12/2023, 3:55:08 AM by fella ("As it was before Noah so shall it be again," )

DEA must be giving me the once over.

BipolarBob posted:

A helicopter circled my house today five or six times and once was just hovering over it. We were just looking at each other. I have about fifty tomato plants in my backyard. He should have been able to see the tomatoes on the plants. So, a solid 15 minutes of this he takes off. So am I going to get a 4:00 AM no-knock door kicking?

quote:

Has this happened to any other FReepers?
1 posted on 7/11/2023, 11:28:53 PM by BipolarBob
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

quote:

To: BipolarBob

Be Ready.

61 posted on 7/12/2023, 12:28:22 AM by Delta 21 (MAGA Republican is my pronoun.)

quote:

They cannot blame Hunter for the cocaine at the White House. Looks like they’ve decided to blame you instead.

8 posted on 7/11/2023, 11:36:15 PM by ClearCase_guy (It's not a government. It's a criminal enterprise. Fear it, but do not respect it.)

quote:

Maybe they’re making chili.

22 posted on 07/11/2023 4:39:33 PM PDT by Bratch

quote:

I’m assuming you’re serious, so I will be also.

First.. Is there anything around your home that identifies your ideology? (Pro Trump, NRA, pro life, anti government, etc)

The nut case leftists love to turn you in for all sorts of crimes. Real or imaginary.

But mostly imaginary.

27 posted on 07/11/2023 4:43:09 PM PDT by BAN-ONE
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: BAN-ONE
I’m assuming you’re serious, so I will be also.

Thank you. I am. No nothing. No political banners or bumper stickers. I'm low profile.
32 posted on 07/11/2023 4:45:32 PM PDT by BipolarBob (The Supreme Court just ruled that Family Restaurant doesn't have to serve orphans.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 27 | View Replies ]

quote:

> "I’m assuming you’re serious, so I will be also."

>> "Thank you. I am. No nothing. No political banners or bumper stickers. I'm low profile."

My Dear BipolarBob ... Are both of you low profile?
58 posted on 07/11/2023 5:23:21 PM PDT by jigsaw (God Bless Our Wonderful Troops. We love you.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 32 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: DannyTN
Post #20.. Brilliant!

Also, you can BET they took hi rez photos. They are looking to see if you're masking POT PLANTS among the tomato plants.

Probably a STINKING DELUSIONAL NEIGHBOR who called the cops. Piss off any of your neighbors lately?
28 posted on 07/11/2023 4:43:28 PM PDT by CivilWarBrewing (Get off my back for my usage of CAPS, especially you snowflake males! MAN UP!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 20 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: CivilWarBrewing
ALSO..

Did the copter have a pod that can detect the heat-signature of your plants? Pots glow really hot, I've heard.

And.. They take LOTS of water to grow. High water bill? LOL

And NO I've never grown a pot plant.
34 posted on 07/11/2023 4:45:51 PM PDT by CivilWarBrewing (Get off my back for my usage of CAPS, especially you snowflake males! MAN UP!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 28 | View Replies ]

quote:

About a week ago a good hour circling my street. It wasn't the air ambulance or sheriff helicopter. I'm directly under a glideslope approach for FedEx just inside the middle marker, so any helicopters need absolute permission to be here. No joy rides or training flights.

No tail # visible and I did give him the finger several times.

Some drug types a few blocks away. Maybe watching them, but I know what "turn around a point" is, and he was doing it over maybe four houses, my being one of them. About 20 degrees bank in his turns.
44 posted on 7/11/2023, 11:55:41 PM by blackdog ((Z28.310) My dog Sam eats purple flowers.)

quote:

Happens to me all the time.
I have a small 25 acres farm near the Webster Field Annex and Patuxent Naval Air Station.
They hover unmanned helicopters over my place all the time.
Mostly in the evening.
This has been going on for a few years now - probably twice a week.
I don’t really know why - but I think it’s some sort of electronic warfare thing.
Anyway I’ve never had anyone come to my door.

48 posted on 07/11/2023 5:04:41 PM PDT by Palio di Siena (superannuated, intermittently inerrant)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Black helicopters, back to the vintage freep of the 90s

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Did that one gently caress say he has a gramophone?

That has to be self-parody, right? They’re not gonna get angry about the kids these days and their rag-time.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Woo boy

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

cr0y posted:

Woo boy

The sheer amount of projection in that post made me shiver
I admit I didnt read the whole thing before I posted, JFC what!

r00tn00b fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jul 13, 2023

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
That looks like a high school kid wrote it

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
NOTICE: Please knock-off the abusive posts, name-calling, taunting, trolling, stalking, flame-baiting, insults, religious insults, flames, threats, ill-wishes, harassing & annoying posts, unwanted posts & FReepmail, etc, etc, etc

Jim Robinson posted:

This is not DU!

Discuss the issues all you wish, BUT DO NOT MAKE IT PERSONAL!

Remember to use common courtesy when posting to FR. Leave off the insults and flames, name calling, etc.

We are conservatives. Be respectful to your debate adversary (fellow FReeper). For example, do not accuse them of being a "Putinista", "commrade", "murderer", "baby-killer", etc, just because he may have a difference of opinion whether or not the US government should be involved in a controversial foreign war where we were not attacked.

Likewise, things in the presidential primary are getting over-heated. We want to be sure we come out of this with a Republican president, house and senate. The only way we can accomplish that is to unify the Republican Party. We can't destroy our own candidates. Whoever it is will need to pull us ALL together. Keep the ultimate goal in sight - Freedom! We are not here to fight each other. We are here as allies to fight for God, family, country, and FREEDOM! As William Wallace said in Brave Heart, "Unite the clans!".

Your personal favorite may be Ron DeSantis, mine happens to be President Trump. But if DeSantis receives the nomination, I'll support him, as I hope most other FReepers will.

Incidentally, we are getting way too much profanity. This is NOT DU, this is NOT CNN - (in deep voice) this IS FR!

Finally, if someone says STOP, then STOP! If someone asks you to take them off your ping list, then take them off! If someone asks you to stop posting to them, the adult and polite thing to do is to accommodate them.

Thank you all very much, and God bless you.

quote:

To: HalfIrish
Jim, thank you! I've grown concerned about the deterioration of the exchanges in recent months, it was becoming unpleasant to have to sort out the useful and interesting comments from the ad hominem attacks and gratuitous profanity.

As always, FreeRepublic remains my primary website of news, opinion, and important insights into what's happening to my beloved Nation.

God Bless you Sir, and carry on!

> 2:30am JR eruptions are still a thing here?

Why not? It's only 11:30 out in Fresno.
10 posted on 07/08/2023 11:47:51 PM PDT by dayglored (Strange Women Lying In Ponds Distributing Swords! Arthur Pendragon in 2024)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: dayglored

I think that a huge number of posters truly are DU-esque trolls — maybe even AI — inserted in FR as stirrer-uppers.

55 posted on 07/09/2023 3:39:04 AM PDT by MayflowerMadam
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: MayflowerMadam; dayglored; vivienne; Jim Robinson
I have been wondering about this as well.

There are times when I have engaged in discourse with someone who is so weirdly irrational and off-topic that I wonder if they are drunk, on drugs, or having a breakdown.

That there is an element of suspicion of each of those things in a number of posts we see is undeniable, but I have been seeing more of it lately, and that makes me wonder if it is coordinated posting by humans or AI Bots, and lately, I have been wondering even more about that.

I was on a thread the other day where the discourse became so weirdly disjointed and irrational that I thought it was either fully intentional psy-ops by entities from outside of FR or the result of malicious AI.

The Trump/DeSantis or Russia/Ukraine threads reek of this.

I often avoid going into them and posting in them now due to the "you're a Putinsta" if you think we shouldn't be there and you're a globohomo supporter" if you think we should, and in the threads about the Presidential raceas where it assumes the forms of "you think Trump is God" if you like him and you "you support the Deep State" if you support Desantis.

I dislike that I have to self-censor by going into them, and that is one thing. There are lots of things to talk about.

But the problem is, every thread, no matter how seemingly distant from the subjects of Trump/DeSantis or Russia/Ukraine, is intentionally turned into one, often by many of the same people.

And that is what makes me suspicious of malicious intent from extra-FR sources.

If that sounds like a conspiracy theory, we should keep in mind that many, if not most of our "conspiracy theories" attributed to us on "the Right" have turned out to be true.

All this said, I struggle to remain civil, and try to improve and not repeat it when I find I deviate from that path. So I promise to keep trying to improve and stay on the path of civility.
145 posted on 07/09/2023 7:56:40 AM PDT by rlmorel ("If you think tough men are dangerous, just wait until you see what weak men are capable of." JBP)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 55 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: rlmorel

“the discourse became so weirdly disjointed and irrational”

Yes. It’s like there’s a random word generator spitting out words connected to a topic. There’s a subject, verb, and object, with some fill-in words thrown in to the mix. The post is spewed out in drive-by fashion. As additional posts are made, they become more extreme. Weird.

221 posted on 07/09/2023 1:17:39 PM PDT by MayflowerMadam
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 145 | View Replies ]

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

anyone who disagrees with me is either on drugs, insane, or a plant

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Scratch Monkey posted:

anyone who disagrees with me is either on drugs, insane, or a plant
i'm absolutely sure of it but i'm not going to name names to be polite

if i suspected any one of you to be a plant i'd hide you from the sun and say so out loud

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Who can even afford to go to Globohomo this year, circuit party tickets have gotten too expensive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

More like Globohobo.