Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

smart crafting is vital for the synth challenges and kind of worthless the rest of the time.

It's nice/necessary for overnight synth pushes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Yeah, now that I have it (a) it rocks even when not doing a synth challenge and (b) I bitterly regret wasting my scarce AI points on reactor autobuy rather than getting this earlier

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Yeah I was gonna say, I use smart craft all the time just so I can craft something specific without having to set up a train of prereqs, it's an incredibly good purchase

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
Auto-base buy is very good QOL as well. Be aware it doesn't work offline tho. Auto-Warp is necessary lategame QOL, but at that point you have AI points to spare

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.
Sorry, I did see somebody ask earlier but didn't see an answer.

What is the go to Android idle game?

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I've been doing CIFI on Android, but I've seen some complaints that it gets to be a bit of a slog without purchases later

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009

????

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.OctocubeGamesCompany.CIFI&hl=en_US&gl=US

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009
Thank you

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i guess smart crafting is good if you deliberately don't unlock infinite? i don't really get why you'd do so, though.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

i guess smart crafting is good if you deliberately don't unlock infinite? i don't really get why you'd do so, though.

it's really good for both synth challenges and higher tier synth poo poo where the production chains get silly

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

If you are only slowly unlocking each infinite in order instead of beefing up each module a bit when you unlock them, you are leaving a lot of power on the table.

thark
Mar 3, 2008

bork
New Dodeca update again.

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009

Captain Foo posted:

Why did i have to read this

how can I unread it

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
I was having fun playing FE0000 until eternity challenges, now I have to either follow a guide or figure out for myself which level of which challenge I have enough upgrades to run, which combination of these 15 upgrades do I need to unlock it and which combination do I run to actually beat the challenge. Playing up to this point was nice but figuring this out would take ages and following a guide is boring.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
you should be able to figure out eternity challenges yourself. for studies just remember that a multiplier to all infinity generators is around 12x as good as one to all normal generators (since a multiplier of infinity stars ^ 1.5 is applied to all the normal generators), and then a multiplier to eternity generators is about 8x as good as one to infinity generators. probably a little more because there’s a small power involved iirc. there will definitely still be a bit of going “oh gently caress” when you realize you can’t actually do a challenge yet but it should be doable

are there any other antimatter dimensions-likes that are both good and feasible to figure out alone? I played through the new prestige tree but it was very boring in comparison

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I started playing Nordicandia but after a few days the loot management is feeling like a slog. You can filter to higher tier items but the crafting system seems to require getting a base with the right baseline stats and upgrading them using higher rarity materials so I should probably be casting a wider net. Maybe there's smarter filtering options available and I didn't notice but right now its very labor intensive to manually sort and scrap everything.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I started playing Nordicandia but after a few days the loot management is feeling like a slog. You can filter to higher tier items but the crafting system seems to require getting a base with the right baseline stats and upgrading them using higher rarity materials so I should probably be casting a wider net. Maybe there's smarter filtering options available and I didn't notice but right now its very labor intensive to manually sort and scrap everything.

there are, the trick is you want one filter for high rarity laser targeted (any one of a specific stat) and one filter lower rarity wider net (3-4 of an array of stats) so you're seeing Es and Ds with the stats you want and can assess what you believe is worth upgrading

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
I've been playing Stone Story RPG, which is a solid idler. It's nice and fun, and includes 1:1 offline progress, with returns capping out around 250 offlibe runs.

It's mostly side scrolling combat with treasure at the end of each (less than four minutes) loop.
Watching the gameplay is solid, and after I got far enough, I unlocked a relatively simple in game scripting language, which makes automation, heading and survival even easier.

I recommend it if you want something simple and goofy to play.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

USI: is there any benefit to using V2 weapon/shield cores for challenges like Base Carry where "weapon and shield values are overwritten", or is it just v1 gatling lasers across the board?

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007

ToxicFrog posted:

USI: is there any benefit to using V2 weapon/shield cores for challenges like Base Carry where "weapon and shield values are overwritten", or is it just v1 gatling lasers across the board?

V2 has more range at level 1

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Anfauglir posted:

V2 has more range at level 1
yeah, if you can max out v2 it's worth doing over v1 because it's got better raw stats when maxed out, but if you can't get v2 to max you're missing out on the level-based upgrades so you want 1 instead

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

DACK FAYDEN posted:

yeah, if you can max out v2 it's worth doing over v1 because it's got better raw stats when maxed out, but if you can't get v2 to max you're missing out on the level-based upgrades so you want 1 instead

I mean in Base Carry and Synth Purity you never get level-based upgrades anyways because salvage doesn't drop, so in those cases I think V2 is the clear win.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

How do you level up pets in Ironwood?

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.
If you have them equipped, you have to unequip them first. Then under items in the pet tab you have to click your pet and press level up or whatever. Then you can re-equip. Not a huge fan of the pet system implementation right now, hopefully it gets a little less confusing.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
I think I might be done with Ironwood, I'm just not engaged.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Crell posted:

If you have them equipped, you have to unequip them first. Then under items in the pet tab you have to click your pet and press level up or whatever. Then you can re-equip. Not a huge fan of the pet system implementation right now, hopefully it gets a little less confusing.

Yeah it's an honestly pretty meh system so far. The stardust prices are so high.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?

neongrey posted:

I think I might be done with Ironwood, I'm just not engaged.

Free up that guild spot!

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

DontMindMe posted:

Free up that guild spot!

Oh, there, found the spot for it-- I missed it at first. Done and done.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?

neongrey posted:

Oh, there, found the spot for it-- I missed it at first. Done and done.

Thanks! Request sent.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
Someone already freed me from the guild. :) But I am in the same boat, the game just doesn't feel fun or anything to me. It's got too much for an idle game. Or maybe just too much opens too early. There are too many things to do and no real easily determined path of what you should be doing.

Guess its time to move on to something else.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I'm giving Ironwood a try and lurking the guild list waiting for GOONS to get an opening.

E: there it is. Applied as calcium

100 degrees Calcium fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jul 12, 2023

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Null1fy posted:

Applied as Hardy

Yo - I went on a 4 day fishing trip and got kicked out of the Ironwood GOONS guild. Feelin real scammed here after givin my 1 million e-bux to the guild. Why the boot? I'm active/contributing.

:(

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Null1fy posted:

Yo - I went on a 4 day fishing trip and got kicked out of the Ironwood GOONS guild. Feelin real scammed here after givin my 1 million e-bux to the guild. Why the boot? I'm active/contributing.

Just reapply. There's a 25 member hardlimit. Hopefully we'll be able to get more eventually.

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.

Null1fy posted:

Ah poo poo sorry. Hard to coordinate these things since there is no in game communication. I'll let you know when a spot opens back up. Currently everyone is active

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Got my first smithing pet and it's a 6* !!! :woop:

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

In USI, when should I be doing the fourth base carry challenge? I just hit sector 53 (phasing dudes), but the teal tier of synth guys feel incredibly slow. I'm assuming it wants me to handle that with the base that gives synth components, but it's absurdly slow and even with three bases fully unlocked and following the layout someone posted like 10+ pages back, I only have enough DPS to barely clear sector 18 in the 4/5 base challenge.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Omi no Kami posted:

In USI, when should I be doing the fourth base carry challenge? I just hit sector 53 (phasing dudes), but the teal tier of synth guys feel incredibly slow. I'm assuming it wants me to handle that with the base that gives synth components, but it's absurdly slow and even with three bases fully unlocked and following the layout someone posted like 10+ pages back, I only have enough DPS to barely clear sector 18 in the 4/5 base challenge.

About half of base four. Anyone who did it with less did it before a major rebalance of difficulty.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Ooh that makes a ton of sense- thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
Can someone look at my USI and tell me what will get me farther or through more challenges? I am sure I am doing a lot wrong but the game is pretty terrible about explaining anything.

https://pastes.io/aotd37tfpq