Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Tabletops posted:

Thanks, I just caught up with the insomniacs manga then read chion san, so I guess I’m doing manga now as well.
be careful what you wish for!

here's a whole loving lot of series with romance in them, separated by if it's the main focus or not(to the best of my memory, anyways. some of these I read a long-rear end time ago and forget parts of). including stuff you've seen or probably seen the anime of, because the manga are often longer/have more stuff/completed etc

romcom/romance primarily:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf Tells Another Lie Today(one of my favorites)
Oh, My Sweet Alien!(one of my all-time favorites, author passed away right after completing this series)
Lovely Complex
Please Love the Useless Me and it's sequel
Sweet Blue Flowers
Accept My Fist of Love!
It's Not Meguro's First Time
How Do We Relationship(terrible name, good series)
Childhood Friend Complex
Kaiju Girl Caramelise
Sekitou Elegy
Extremely Straightforward Boyfriend x Girlfriend
An Observation Log of My Wife - A Self-Proclaimed Villainess and it's sequel
Tamen de Gushi
Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out!
Wotakoi: Love Is Hard for an Otaku
Pseudo Harem
A Maiden in Love with a Maiden Boy
Sand Chronicles
Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro
When I Returned to my Hometown, My Childhood Friend Was Broken
Horimiya
I Want Your Mother to Be With Me!
Handsome Girl and Sheltered Girl
Yamada's First Time
I Want to Annoy the Pretty Boss
Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa(My Monster Secret in english, though I feel like people usually go with the japanese name. one of my favorite series)
Elvish Boyfriend, Boyish Girlfriend
Kuzumi-kun, Can't You Read the Room?
Ogami-san Can't Keep It In
Hitomi-chan is Shy With Strangers
Uwagaki
Otaku Boyfriend and Fujoshi Girlfriend
Delinquint Girl In Love
MY LOVE STORY!!(Ore Monogatari!!)
Mousou Telepathy
My Girlfriend Is The Best!
The Coppersmith's Bride(chapters have been purged from Mangadex due to licensing, but it's a good series by the Boy Who Cried Wolf's author)
My Little Monster
A Tropical Fish Yearns For Snow
Taisho Maiden Fairytale
Fujiyama's Adolescence
My Divorced Crybaby Neighbor
Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun
The World God Only Knows
Bonnouji
Don't Become an Otaku, Shinozaki!
Handsome Girl and Crossdressing Boy
Princess Jellyfish
Yamada and Kase-san
Run Away With Me, Girl
Stupid Angel Dances With the Devil
ReLIFE
The Demon Lord Marries the Hero's Mom
Bloom Into You
Haru x Kiyo

romcom/romance as a major part but not exclusively:
Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha
Beware the Villainess!
A Silent Voice
My Wife Has No Emotion
Please Give Me Your Blood, I Will Serve You in Gratitude
An Archdemon's Dilemma: How to Love Your Elf Bride
Kumika's Sense of Taste
Spirit Circle
House of the Sun
Orange
Gan-Kon!(axed)
Destroy All Humankind. They Can’t Be Regenerated.
Kids on the Slope
A Bride's Story
Ai-Ren(a romance, but mostly a look at mortality and existence. extremely brutal series, be aware of that)
MARRIAGETOXIN
March Comes In Like A Lion
She is the Rokurokubi
Welcome to Japan, Elf-san!
Paradise Kiss
Komi-san Can't Communicate
My Dress-up Darling

romcom/romance as a part but not the primary focus:
Yakuza Fiance(only read the first volume or two, not sure if it nosedives in quality)
The Population of the Frontier Owner Starts With 0
Company and Private Life(no romance yet, updates with 1-2 pages at a time every week or so, probably something to add to bookmarks and check in like 3 years when there's a decent chunk available :v: )

looking through my mangadex list made me realize I have a shitload of series I added to read and still haven't read, in particular romcoms. makes me wish two things, that I could set mangadex to show series thumbnails with volume 1 instead of the latest volume cover, and to be able to search or sort my library page by genre or tags. a bummer it's just a huge unsorted list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

i would add
you and i are polar opposites, the whole cast is great and the artstyle is simple but very expressive and has a sorta happy energy to it. its my favorite manga and every chapter makes me feel like ibara mayaka reading a corpse by evening. currently ongoing
telework yotabanashi, about adults and pretty short with ~200 pages in total. finished
the girl i like forgot her glasses, its anime adaptation is coming out this season... but its dont by gohands. manga is still good though. ongoing but feels like its gonna end soon

i would un-recommend this one the ending feels like its comes out of nowhere and the design of the girls he ends up with makes me very uncomfortable

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Captain Invictus posted:

here's a whole loving lot of series with romance in them, separated by if it's the main focus or not(to the best of my memory, anyways. some of these I read a long-rear end time ago and forget parts of). including stuff you've seen or probably seen the anime of, because the manga are often longer/have more stuff/completed etc

Oh, My Sweet Alien!(one of my all-time favorites, author passed away right after completing this series)
Lovely Complex
Sweet Blue Flowers
Accept My Fist of Love!
Childhood Friend Complex
Kaiju Girl Caramelise
Sekitou Elegy
Tamen de Gushi
Pseudo Harem
Sand Chronicles
Horimiya
Yamada's First Time
Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa(My Monster Secret in english, though I feel like people usually go with the japanese name. one of my favorite series)
Uwagaki
Delinquint Girl In Love
Mousou Telepathy
The Coppersmith's Bride(chapters have been purged from Mangadex due to licensing, but it's a good series by the Boy Who Cried Wolf's author)
My Little Monster
Taisho Maiden Fairytale
Fujiyama's Adolescence
The World God Only Knows
Bonnouji
Princess Jellyfish
Yamada and Kase-san
Run Away With Me, Girl
ReLIFE
Bloom Into You
Haru x Kiyo

Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha
Beware the Villainess!
A Silent Voice
My Wife Has No Emotion
Kumika's Sense of Taste
Spirit Circle
House of the Sun
Orange
Gan-Kon!(axed)
Kids on the Slope
A Bride's Story
Ai-Ren(a romance, but mostly a look at mortality and existence. extremely brutal series, be aware of that)
MARRIAGETOXIN
She is the Rokurokubi
Paradise Kiss
My Dress-up Darling

Yakuza Fiance(only read the first volume or two, not sure if it nosedives in quality)
Company and Private Life(no romance yet, updates with 1-2 pages at a time every week or so, probably something to add to bookmarks and check in like 3 years when there's a decent chunk available :v: )

looking through my mangadex list made me realize I have a shitload of series I added to read and still haven't read, in particular romcoms. makes me wish two things, that I could set mangadex to show series thumbnails with volume 1 instead of the latest volume cover, and to be able to search or sort my library page by genre or tags. a bummer it's just a huge unsorted list.

Didn’t see these in there so adding them.

Love so Life(HS girl takes care of toddler niece and nephew of newscaster)

Tadokoro-san(gloomy girl x popular girl yuri romance)

Liberta(badass vampire punk saves put upon OL from evils of mundane life)

GGWP: Young Ladies Don't Play Fighting Games(young ladies playing SF clone with all of the gaming rage involved)

Kumika no Mikaku(aline girl bonds with coworkers over human food and culture)

Saint Cecilia and Pastor Lawrence(kind pastor takes care of derpy saint who's "secretly" crushing on him)

Endo and Kobayashi's Play by Play

Girlfriend Who Absolutely Doesn't Want to Take a Bath VS Boyfriend Who Absolutely Wants Her to Take a Bath

I also second Oh My Sweet Alien and the authors passing was super sudden and sad. :(

doomrider7 fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jul 5, 2023

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Captain Invictus posted:

Lovely Complex
Sweet Blue Flowers
Accept My Fist of Love!
Childhood Friend Complex
Kaiju Girl Caramelise
Sekitou Elegy
Tamen de Gushi
Pseudo Harem
Sand Chronicles
Horimiya
Yamada's First Time
Uwagaki
Delinquint Girl In Love
Mousou Telepathy
My Little Monster
Taisho Maiden Fairytale
Fujiyama's Adolescence
The World God Only Knows
Bonnouji
Princess Jellyfish
Yamada and Kase-san
Run Away With Me, Girl
ReLIFE
Bloom Into You
Haru x Kiyo

Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha
Beware the Villainess!
A Silent Voice
My Wife Has No Emotion
Kumika's Sense of Taste
Spirit Circle
House of the Sun
Orange
Gan-Kon!(axed)
Kids on the Slope
A Bride's Story
MARRIAGETOXIN
She is the Rokurokubi
Paradise Kiss
My Dress-up Darling

i ended up reading fujiyama after chion-san, just finishing out ojiro's works (that I was interested in) I guess. both were great, though it's kind of wild how much more horny they are compared to insomniac. Also fun seeing she has some Types that show up throughout these series, though Chion has more of them than Fujiyama (which makes sense i guess, as it was a later work). Isaki is basically a less homely, younger Chion. Kurashiki in Fujiyama literally being Kurashiki in Insomniacs (i'm happy for her that she kicked her smoking habit for vaping I guess). The kendo club president in Chion looking exactly like Ganta. It's kind of a straight line in terms of growth between them, becoming less sophmoric over time.

anyway thanks for all these recs, this'll keep me busy for a long time

Tabletops fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jul 6, 2023

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
You're welcome, glad there's stuff in there that you're enjoying and I'm not just recommending into the wind

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Blue Box is running in Shonen Jump right now, too, if you don't mind a slow burn.

They're finally going out now!

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004
If there are any other Twelve Kingdoms novel readers still here, the fan who has translated most of them finally finished translating the most recent (and probably final) 4-volume book, Hills of Silver Ruins. Can't wait to finally read the very long conclusion to the anime's second arc.

If you liked the anime but haven't read any of the books or short stories, I highly recommend them; my old guide (just missing the last book) might still be useful to get started.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I rewatched the movie Neighbors last night with Seth Rogan and Rose Byrne and I realized that I love their dynamic as a couple. Rather than playing opposites they're both completely crazy and feed off of each other and I'm wondering if there's any good non-Kaguya romcoms where both leads ditch the usual back and forth and are instead both insane.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
i'd like to add one to the romance list if anyone else reads this in the future (and for the enjoyers who provided recs for me):
Machida-kun no Sekai is extremely good. that is all.

Tabletops fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jul 6, 2023

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Tabletops posted:

i'd like to add one to the romance list if anyone else reads this in the future (and for the enjoyers who provided recs for me):
Machida-kun no Sekai is extremely good. that is all.

That title sounds familiar. Will look into it. I also found some more romcom/romcom adjacent series. First three are by the Dragon Maid author(also recommend if it hasn't been already).

Ojojojo - Wealthy girl falls in love with plain guy and learns to mellow out and be nicer.

I Can't Understand What my Husband is Saying - OL married to super weeb husband.

Miss Komori Can't Decline - Very nice girl who takes all requests.

Saotome Senshu - Jacked boxer girl champ secretly dates her awkward underclassmen trainer.

Madmoiselle Butterfly - Historical manga about a geisha in training falling in love with a tattoo artist.

Futari Ashita mo Sorenari ni - Day to day life of a goofy couple dating.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Saoshyant posted:

Well? We are waiting.

Okay.

Bunny Girl as mentioned has a rather odd premise at its core. The doubts and issues you have as a teenager can manifest themselves into effects in the real world. As mentioned in the opening arc this leads to our titular bunny girl being unable to be seen because after becoming a minor celebrity she found that she just wanted a normal life and essentially "didn't want to be seen."

It explains this through physics concepts,that aren't perfectly analogous but provide the skeleton of what our protagonist might need to do to solve the issues he finds.

I think the premise is interesting, it lets the series set up interesting mysteries that ground themselves in the characters we meet and they all have very satisfying resolutions. Over time we get to know Sakuta, our protag as well because he's had similar problems before himself.

But where the show sets itself apart is in the dialogue. I've never found a show with dialogue that came of as naturally and with two characters written to have such incredible chemistry with each other. By the end of episode two it is completely clear that the protagonists are meant for each other in a way that I've not found a show manage (Horimiya probably gets closest). What underpins this quality is how naturally conversations come off, jokes between friends are constant but they never come off as mean or quippy. Feelings are addressed often in passing rather than through tearfully screaming (although that happens a little bit as well). And there's a little bit of self-awareness that I think comes off well.

Yeah, I had a good laugh when I saw this.

Ultimately I call it a comedy even though it's incredibly dramatic and serious at times because of this. Bunny girl is a show with heaps and heaps of emotion but never so much as to become overwhelming and never enough that you're not smiling for 90% of the runtime.

There's more to say, but I don't think I'd be particularly coherent other than saying 'x' is good or 'y' is good.

There are a lot of personal reasons that I love this show, the context which I watched it in, the point I was in during my life and whilst I know that this isn't the case for almost anyone else, this is my favourite anime and frankly, television show of all time.

Weyd
Nov 26, 2009
Sorry if I come off as completely clueless, I haven't really watched anime since early 2000's and only watched maybe half a dozen series back then. I recently introduced my friend to Cowboy Bebop and we've had a blast watching it, a delightful series!

Ever since then we've been looking for a new show and eventually landed on Ghost In The Shell: SAC. So far, as a pair of computer nerds, we've been really enjoying the plot and the philosophical aspects of the show, though the art style feels really rough at times. This might be just me being spoiled by only watching Cowboy Bebop and full-feature anime recently.

We'll eventually be done with GITS and I've read that the sequel series are not as good so I was wondering what else we could check out - an action/sci-fi series in a similar vein to Cowboy Bebop, something with likeable characters, maybe some humour and preferably good art style/animation and soundtrack. Nothing too over the top, something that wouldn't scare a newcomer away.

Some of the other shows I've watched back in the day, if that helps (apologies for my teenage taste):
Love Hina - remember it being somewhat funny, though can't imagine that it aged well and not really something either of us would watch now.
Hellsing - actually gave it a re-watch and, oh boy, the early 2000's grimdark edginess gave me whiplash.
Noir - I remember liking the atmosphere and the soundtrack though the show itself was a bit dry and slow, never finished it.
Trigun - saw a few episodes, might be worth a rewatch?

We've also watched Akira and the Ghost In The Shell movie - both were a good watch.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Weyd posted:

Sorry if I come off as completely clueless, I haven't really watched anime since early 2000's and only watched maybe half a dozen series back then. I recently introduced my friend to Cowboy Bebop and we've had a blast watching it, a delightful series!

Ever since then we've been looking for a new show and eventually landed on Ghost In The Shell: SAC. So far, as a pair of computer nerds, we've been really enjoying the plot and the philosophical aspects of the show, though the art style feels really rough at times. This might be just me being spoiled by only watching Cowboy Bebop and full-feature anime recently.

We'll eventually be done with GITS and I've read that the sequel series are not as good so I was wondering what else we could check out - an action/sci-fi series in a similar vein to Cowboy Bebop, something with likeable characters, maybe some humour and preferably good art style/animation and soundtrack. Nothing too over the top, something that wouldn't scare a newcomer away.

Some of the other shows I've watched back in the day, if that helps (apologies for my teenage taste):
Love Hina - remember it being somewhat funny, though can't imagine that it aged well and not really something either of us would watch now.
Hellsing - actually gave it a re-watch and, oh boy, the early 2000's grimdark edginess gave me whiplash.
Noir - I remember liking the atmosphere and the soundtrack though the show itself was a bit dry and slow, never finished it.

We've also watched Akira and the Ghost In The Shell movie - both were a good watch.

Hellsing Ultimate is a proper adaptation of the manga, the original anime only had like two volumes to work with at the time and went off on its own path beyond that.

Akudama Drive is a fantastic 13-ep sci-fi show with some good action and tells a full complete story.

Attack on Titan and Demon Hunter are the more recent tentpole action franchises to check out.

If you want something more GITS-esque, Psyco-Pass is your next stop. First season is great, second sucks, but the movie after is excellent.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Check out Planetes.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Definitely watch SAC2 if you enjoyed the first season. The recent 3D sequels, not so much.

And yeah give Trigun another go.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Weyd posted:

Cyberpunk: Edgerunners absolutely fits the bill i'd say, even if you're very likely to shed tears during it

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rinkles posted:

Definitely watch SAC2 if you enjoyed the first season. The recent 3D sequels, not so much.

And yeah give Trigun another go.

My assumption was they meant 2045, but yeah definitely watch SAC2, it's pretty decent.

SAC_2045 has its moments (admittedly I still need to watch the second cour), the trick is just enduring through the tepid arc in the USA. Once they get back to Japan it's much better.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

My assumption was they meant 2045, but yeah definitely watch SAC2, it's pretty decent.

SAC_2045 has its moments (admittedly I still need to watch the second cour), the trick is just enduring through the tepid arc in the USA. Once they get back to Japan it's much better.

I was actually pretty satisfied with SAC 2045, once you get used to the stupid setting changes and the characters generally being written worse, the main story after the first arc is worthy of GITS. Though I'll admit that I liked Purin as a character for some reason

RabidWeasel fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jul 11, 2023

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Having recently gone through SAC, 2nd Gig and Solid State Society and it definitely felt like a case of diminishing returns as it went on but certainly worth the watch.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Weyd posted:

The original is very good but it's worth mentioning that trigun: stampede recently came out. It's a remix/retelling/whatever of the same story and is much more of a frenetic visual spectacle. I highly recommend watching both shows (they're very different takes on being an adaptation of the same source material)

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

In addition to what others have said, I'd also check out Serial Experiments Lain and cyberpunk edgerunners for sci-fi shows.

And while it might seem an odd pick at first, I'd say try out Samurai Champloo. While it's not a sci-fi, it's the same director as Cowboy Bebop (Shinichirou Watanabe) doing a similar thing with a different setting and cast of characters, blending samurai with hip-hop aesthetic. It's very similar structurally and humor wise.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

ninjewtsu posted:

The original is very good but it's worth mentioning that trigun: stampede recently came out. It's a remix/retelling/whatever of the same story and is much more of a frenetic visual spectacle. I highly recommend watching both shows (they're very different takes on being an adaptation of the same source material)

Ive been enjoying the new Trigun

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Space dandy

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

If you want something with the vibes of Noir, you should watch Madlax, which is its spiritual successor. It's just as confusing and moody and gay and nothing happens for long stretches of time but the music and aesthetics are great. And then if you actually enjoyed it also go watch .hack//SIGN which is similar in a lot of ways.

Weyd
Nov 26, 2009
Thank you for all the great suggestions, thread! I was completely lost before with no idea what to even look for, but now we have a nice backlog to check out and work through. :)

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
complete the 90's trifecta and watch Neon Genesis Evangelion

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
as a seasoned anime watcher, allow me to suggest some of the most critically-acclaimed animes of the last-

Weyd posted:

Love Hina

Quintessential Quintuplets or get consumed by the miasmatic decadence that is Domestic Girlfriend

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
I need some horror manga recs. Some direction:

1) Something Gantz-esque. Not specifically in the hyper-violent oversexed edgelord genre (though I'm not bothered by it in horror), but more about normal-rear end people surviving strange unknowable entities, but specifically leaning toward horror elements over simple action. The Gantz appeal was more the bleak human struggle against the impossible and overcoming insurmountable challenges, and that conflict feels impactful and visceral like a knife fight in the street, instead of chipping away at invisible health bars. I enjoyed the gonzo-rear end alien design, as to me it added an element of uncertainty to the interactions between the characters and aliens (e.g., what the gently caress is that --- oooooooh that's what it does, well that can't be good for our MC).

2) Something Happiness-esque. I like Oshimi's other works (especially Flowers of Evil), for reference. In this rec, I'm looking for horror (and preferably some romance) as a theme. I liked the idea of the (again, normal-rear end) MC thrust into horror by the near unknowable action of another, but also drawing on this system of companionship and overcoming a systems working against them. I liked the "romance by understanding shared struggle" as well.

Maybe the through-line is "normal-rear end person learning to cope in an unknown (horror) world by the mysterious actions of another, bonding in some capacity with others trying to overcome the same experience, whilst discovering unknowable systems necessary for success in this new environment".

I've read berserk and junji ito. I don't typically read isekai but I'm not opposed to it so long as it's not just a bad plot device.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

PRADA SLUT posted:

1) Something Gantz-esque. Not specifically in the hyper-violent oversexed edgelord genre (though I'm not bothered by it in horror), but more about normal-rear end people surviving strange unknowable entities, but specifically leaning toward horror elements over simple action. The Gantz appeal was more the bleak human struggle against the impossible and overcoming insurmountable challenges, and that conflict feels impactful and visceral like a knife fight in the street, instead of chipping away at invisible health bars. I enjoyed the gonzo-rear end alien design, as to me it added an element of uncertainty to the interactions between the characters and aliens (e.g., what the gently caress is that --- oooooooh that's what it does, well that can't be good for our MC).

2) Something Happiness-esque. I like Oshimi's other works (especially Flowers of Evil), for reference. In this rec, I'm looking for horror (and preferably some romance) as a theme. I liked the idea of the (again, normal-rear end) MC thrust into horror by the near unknowable action of another, but also drawing on this system of companionship and overcoming a systems working against them. I liked the "romance by understanding shared struggle" as well.

Maybe the through-line is "normal-rear end person learning to cope in an unknown (horror) world by the mysterious actions of another, bonding in some capacity with others trying to overcome the same experience, whilst discovering unknowable systems necessary for success in this new environment".

I've read berserk and junji ito. I don't typically read isekai but I'm not opposed to it so long as it's not just a bad plot device.

Have you read Chainsaw Man? It might be something you'd like. The series is about people trying to survive in a world of horror and madness. It's often comedic because some of the characters are absolutely insane, but the grim is still visible.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

chiasaur11 posted:

Have you read Chainsaw Man? It might be something you'd like. The series is about people trying to survive in a world of horror and madness. It's often comedic because some of the characters are absolutely insane, but the grim is still visible.

Hm.. I've watched the anime, is moving to the manga worthwhile?

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i'm not sure how well dorohedoro fits your rec but i think you should check it out

it's in the direction of a lot of that but doesn't quite fulfill those points either

it is very good however

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

PRADA SLUT posted:

Well, the manga is very far past where the anime is, at least. We haven't had any information about when season 2's airing, while the manga's finished all of part 1 and started a part 2 that's kind of a sequel series, complete with a new primary POV character.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

PRADA SLUT posted:

The manga is amazing and definitely worth a read.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

PRADA SLUT posted:

If you're fine with newer series that are ongoing, Shibatarian fits the bill pretty well.

You might enjoy the original Devilman manga as well.

Also while it leans towards the action side more, Hell's Paradise fits that description pretty aptly.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

PRADA SLUT posted:

yes

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

PRADA SLUT posted:

Manwha instead of manga, but Skeleton Soldier Couldn't Protect the Dungeon might fulfil a fair amount of those requirements.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 18 days!)

Bio-meat was an enjoyable short survival horror manga. Imagine The Blob in manga form.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

The only thing I remember about Bio Meat is CRACKSTAR DOUGLAS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cock and Balzac
May 30, 2013
Could I get some Texhnolyze opinions?

Probably a decade ago I bounced off of the first episode. I seem to remember it being slow, light on dialogue, and generally not super clear about what was going on. Does it pick up much from there?

I'm intrigued by it, but also a little wary. The comparison I've heard most often is to Serial Experiments Lain, another show I haven't had any success getting into.