Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PWInsider posted:

There was an argument backstage following Monday Night Raw involving members of the six man tag main event between The Judgment Day vs. Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn & Seth Rollins, PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources.

We are told the brunt of the issue was how the match went as there were apparently some spots that didn't go as initially planned and were "clunky" with two sources placing the blame on the fact that aspects of the match were changed "at the last literal second" and one source placing the blame on one talent who they didn't want to name to "not make the Internet go insane."

We are told that after Finn Balor pinned Sami Zayn and everyone returned to the gorilla position backstage, an argument began borne out of the frustration over how the match went but was never in danger of getting physical.

The situation finally petered out but we are told that many involved weren't happy with the situation.

It was seen as "one of those nights" where things just didn't click and since there were so many people involved who care about their job and performances, emotions ran high because of those frustrations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

quote:

one source placing the blame on one talent who they didn't want to name to "not make the Internet go insane."

drat you, CM Punk! drat you all to hell

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Uhh you're gonna have to name those guys right under the level of Okada, Omega and Danielson.

Because holy gently caress

Cody, Seth, Gunther, Sami, Kevin, Finn

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Eat My Fuc posted:

I think it’s a lot more simple. WWE has an extremely talented roster, they don’t have a Danielson, Okada, or Omega but they do have enough guys right under that level and the storylines are finally coherent, if a little simple.

They have lots of guys on top now and they’re all interacting with each other, no more feud islands and harsh divisions between the mid card and upper card. The Usos were always very popular with kids and they’ve grown into more adult oriented characters along with their fans, and say what you will about your bucks and FTRs but the Usos are a top level team who can work the gently caress out of a tag match, they are the backbone of this Bloodline poo poo. Solo has been a great addition and Heyman is there but not over exposed as he was with Lesnar.

It’s simple and it’s working, and I am entertained. AEW and WWE all have a lot to love right now, even if I currently prefer WWE’s direction its a good time to be a fan.

FWIW I don't think anyone's ever really doubted the talent level of WWE, beyond that, yeah, they're missing some of the absolute best on the planet, but still have a ton of great performers who have been perpetually misused.

And yeah, the Usos have been great for a long time, so I'm glad they're getting a lot of time, even if I no longer watch the show, Paul.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Freakin is the best worker in the company, dunno where that places him among guys at the top of other companies but there you go. Walter is possibly the best in the world at doing the type of match he does, Sami, Finn and Kevin have all significantly physically degraded, Cody has never been at that level.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Trouble in paradise?

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
Chad Gable is an always impressive wrestler.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Trouble in paradise?

Are the cracks starting to form?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

OH MY GOD

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MJeff posted:

Paul needs to start acting like a leader, or hire someone who will

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Gee I wonder which wrestler hosed his spots up. Which one... hmm....

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Sami

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MJeff posted:

BUT CAN THEY COEXIST?

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Trouble in paradise?

Kofi wasn’t in that match

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Because I am old, I rewatched Mankind’s first WWF title win and god drat that’s gotta be the hottest a crowd has ever been. It’s cool to remember how good things were when I was 12.

OceanCyclone
May 29, 2022

Mayor of Yambag City

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

The USOs are great and have grown with their audience. By that I mean they receive a lot of DUIs.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Invalid Validation posted:

The USOs are great and have grown with their audience. By that I mean they receive a lot of DUIs.

One of these guys got sober

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

https://twitter.com/WrestlePurists/status/1678941829830516737

So they're really going all in on bad dinner theatre.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
the domino meme and the first domino is shawn michaels saying "i'm sorry, i love you" before superkicking ric flair and the last domino is "stacks isn't a snitch!"

bartok
May 10, 2006

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

the domino meme and the first domino is shawn michaels saying "i'm sorry, i love you" before superkicking ric flair and the last domino is "stacks isn't a snitch!"

I thought Domino was Cliff Compton

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I miss Cliff Compton :smith:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Testekill posted:

https://twitter.com/BasilCabana/status/1678826238872285198?s=20

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
the intermediary dominoes should be every gargano vs ciampa match

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Testekill posted:

This match had Tony D make a phone call from prison in to the arena to give Stacks a mid match pep talk. It was hilarious.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

At least NXT's nonsense melodrama is tongue-in-cheek and funny. I'll take Tony using his one phone call to call the arena PA, or Pretty Deadly getting locked in a trunk and drowned, or Dijak and Ilja in the most homoerotic torture scene ever put on film over the attempts at DEAD SERIOUS DRAMA that infest the main roster.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

At least NXT's nonsense melodrama is tongue-in-cheek and funny. I'll take Tony using his one phone call to call the arena PA, or Pretty Deadly getting locked in a trunk and drowned, or Dijak and Ilja in the most homoerotic torture scene ever put on film over the attempts at DEAD SERIOUS DRAMA that infest the main roster.

There's that... I dunno is it like a Wrestling College faction? They started the wave going in one of the matches.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Cthulu Carl posted:

There's that... I dunno is it like a Wrestling College faction? They started the wave going in one of the matches.

Chase U. They’re kind of cool and they’re fun to watch but wow that gimmick won’t work on the main roster.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Vandar posted:

Chase U. They’re kind of cool and they’re fun to watch but wow that gimmick won’t work on the main roster.

Yeah, that'd be like on Coach when Hayden went to coach for the NFL

Edit: I should probably pay a slight bit more attention to them, just because I appreciate poo poo like doing the wave in that little arena or wrestling in a loving sweater and slacks like you just came from the quad of a cheesy 80s college movie or a wrestler whose definition of "intensity" is "coked up cheerleader discovering her inner bloodlust" and not... Most of what WWE thinks is intensity.

Cthulu Carl fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jul 12, 2023

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

lol the people in the quotes are so mad

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

It's kind of wild how NXT has turned into Impact.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Cthulu Carl posted:

Chase U is loving hysterical in NXT. Thea Hale literally never stops moving and she's so drat funny, and the stable has this whole thing where they get the audience to do the "GIMME A [X]!" bit.

NXT has gotten legitimately fun, but it's fun because it's having a laugh and unfortunately it really means that almost nothing about it is going to translate on the main roster so I don't totally Get why they do what they do. Ah well.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Heard something about tiki torches and hooded figures on NXT last night. Sounds interesting

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

is Nap Girl still there

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Gumball Gumption posted:

It's kind of wild how NXT has turned into Impact.

:hmmyes:

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Bron vs Dragunov was loving awesome. Selling was off the charts felt like a real fight

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Chase U is loving hysterical in NXT. Thea Hale literally never stops moving and she's so drat funny, and the stable has this whole thing where they get the audience to do the "GIMME A [X]!" bit.

NXT has gotten legitimately fun, but it's fun because it's having a laugh and unfortunately it really means that almost nothing about it is going to translate on the main roster so I don't totally Get why they do what they do. Ah well.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to watch NXT more because the birthday celebration on Dynamite last week made me realize I need silliness like that in my wrestling.

Sometimes you just want Stephen Chow when watching a Kung Fu movie, right?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

projecthalaxy posted:

is Nap Girl still there

according to cm shes been relegated to level up and hasnt been on tv since january

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
there's some fun stuff in nxt for sure tho