Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Ulf
Jul 15, 2001

FOUR COLORS
ONE LOVE
Nap Ghost
Trump was born in Queens.

But Christie is from Newark :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

Is he from jersey? Got me there if he is.

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

Sanna Marin's like "gently caress it, sign it!"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Would also have accepted a giffed version of this (except it would be a shame to cover up the faces)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaGX4JdtQi8

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

HonorableTB posted:

I forget Austria exists sometimes.

Extra Germany, just in case, in the back of the cupboard (store brand knock off though).

HonorableTB posted:

is austria like a german belarus? the only thing i know about austria is that its where the terminator is from and apparently their accent sounds sweet

In the 1800's there was pretty much def gonna be a Germany getting made. But there were like 50 tiny countries full of Germans, so the biggest strongest one would have to be the one to unite them.

Problem! There were at least two big tough German run countries! Prussia and Austria. So like, someone was gonna win, and then probably, someone was gonna get left out of the Germany that got made.

Prussia kicked Austria's rear end, and so it got to make Germany. And Austria cried and went back to inbreeding and being a dying empire full of ethnic minorities.

Grape fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jul 12, 2023

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
toxic mental gonna probe us all

HonorableTB fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jul 12, 2023

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

So they're outright claiming credit for the Kerch bridge now? Last I'd heard everybody on both sides was all like ¯\_:byodood:_/¯

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
Looking at the history of the Moskva, and you read about stuff like it being around for Russia to brutally curbstomp poor Georgia's navy. And it really gives you perspective on how completely dominate Russia has carefully been in most of the fight's it been in since Chechnya 2. Makes it easier to grasp why they let 3 days become 500+++.

From the Moskva helping to sink a toy navy, to it being sunk by super missiles from land lol.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
https://twitter.com/TheStudyofWar/status/1678952584239894531?s=20

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

:getin:

edit: also yes, all your asses will be probed, by me

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Grape posted:

Extra Germany, just in case, in the back of the cupboard (store brand knock off though).

In the 1800's there was pretty much def gonna be a Germany getting made. But there were like 50 tiny countries full of Germans, so the biggest strongest one would have to be the one to unite them.

Problem! There were at least two big tough German run countries! Prussia and Austria. So like, someone was gonna win, and then probably, someone was gonna get left out of the Germany that got made.

Prussia kicked Austria's rear end, and so it got to make Germany. And Austria cried and went back to inbreeding and being a dying empire full of ethnic minorities.

And then Germany made one of the worst loving revolvers(because every part is atrociously slow and obsolete) that got dragged into world war 1 and even until 1945 where they guarded cash registers in Berlin.

Though one could draw parallels to the poo poo Russia is digging up to try to keep the war going...

uncleTomOfFinland
May 25, 2008

Grape posted:

More like in the back of the basement.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Ukraine is attempting to ensnare Soledar with a 2 pincer encirclement while also putting a lot of pressure on Bakhmut. I think these two strategies in conjunction with each other are a result of Russia's inability to move forces and reinforce either position. Now what this is going to do is a cause runaway salience to encircle things like Soledar. A huge part of the war right now is the fact that they do not have the manpower on the Russian side to have enough strategic reserve. Without strategic reserve they cannot conduct offensive combat operations and also have trouble if they get out of position especially in things like Pinscher maneuvers which could be pressed upon via the strategic reserves that maintain the lines.

Russia literally needs 100% of its soldiers to maintain the positions that they are at 100% of the time. So that means no rotations and also no reinforcements. That's why we are now hearing news that Wagner is returning to the battlefield in Ukraine because they were the main force that was holding the front line together in bakhmut. In comparison the vdv is unable to hold its flanks which is where the city is won.

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Pinscher maneuvers

pincer. like a crab claw.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Pinscher maneuvers are much more adorable though.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

CRAB MEN CRAB MEN

*PINCE PINCE PINCE

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
So we're relying on Germany.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Data Graham posted:

So they're outright claiming credit for the Kerch bridge now? Last I'd heard everybody on both sides was all like ¯\_:byodood:_/¯

It's not like anyone believed Ukraine whistling innocent

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

redshirt posted:

CRAB MEN CRAB MEN

*PINCE PINCE PINCE

CRAB MEN, CRAB MEN

CRAB CRAB CRAB MEN MEN MEN

We're the men and here's the crabs!

Data Graham posted:

Supposedly yes:

https://www.businessinsider.com/ukraine-admits-blowing-up-russias-bridge-to-crimea-2023-7

Business Insider posted:

In a post on Telegram, Hanna Maliar, Ukraine's deputy defense minister, wrote that the Kerch Strait Bridge — which opened four years after Russia's illegal annexation of Crimea in 2014 — was targeted to disrupt Moscow's supply lines. She noted that Saturday marks 273 days since the "first strike" on the bridge, which was carried out "in order to break the logistics of the Russians."

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Pinscher maneuvers

LRADIKAL posted:

pincer. like a crab claw.

I think you mean sphincter maneuver.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

bad_fmr posted:

I think you mean sphincter maneuver.

Turtle up Lads

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:lol:

If Wagner is truly coming back to Bakhmut then Putin is truly the biggest loser on the planet, same with Hot Dog man

Also you already let Ukraine get the high ground for artillery, you really think sending in the sledgehammer morons helps when the enemy has all the high ground now? They are just going to get fragged by mass shelling as well. It sounds like the Tiktok brigade got utterly loving wrecked when they tried.

The Russians are loving baffling incompetent at this war holy gently caress. Wagner coming back at all (after the purges) indicates Russia doesn't have a lot left in the tank at all in terms of manpower, where if I remember correctly Ukraine hasn't even committed most of their brigades yet.

This war is already over, Russia just doesn't know it

Bakhmut is the gravestone of the Russian Military, and they are just shoveling men and materiel into the open grave at this point

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Jul 12, 2023

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA
I think Putin and Prig mutually found out that fascism has left Russia as a rotten and decrepit husk, and they're both choosing to ignore that revelation and keep pumping blood into the corpse because they have nothing else worthwhile to do.

I literally do not know why the gently caress else either of them would be okay with working with each other after what had happened earlier.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/WhereisRussia/status/1678773979870543873

quote:

Ukrainian Counteroffensive 7/11/23 Update:

Russian VK groups are reporting that the 83rd Guards Air Assault Brigade operating on the Bakhmut frontline are in a critical condition.

▪️ Their Brigade commander has been replaced due to emotional issues.
▪️ The officers and personnel have refused direct orders to fight.
▪️The unit has absolutely no reserves.

The lack of experience of the officers is leading to a huge loss of life - since the start of July almost 150 are MIA.

Other VDV units on the Bakhmut frontline have reported similarly devestating losses:
▪️ The 98th Guards Airborne Division have almost 200 KIA.▪️ The 106th Guards Airborne Division have 50+ KIA.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

The VEE DEE VEE might be the most overhyped "Special" Forces in history at this point, holy loving poo poo

So this is why they are bringing Sledgehammer Bros back in? To get shelled mercilessly and relieve the VEE DEE VEE?

I'm sure they will be happy to get sent back into that hell zone, oh yeah. :shepface:

If those casualty numbers are remotely accurate their hold on Bakhmut is utterly unsustainable.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

HonorableTB posted:

I forget Austria exists sometimes.

Not everyone is familiar with Eastern European countries (Österreich is kinda in the name)

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

TulliusCicero posted:

The VEE DEE VEE might be the most overhyped "Special" Forces in history at this point, holy loving poo poo

So this is why they are bringing Sledgehammer Bros back in? To get shelled mercilessly and relieve the VEE DEE VEE?

I'm sure they will be happy to get sent back into that hell zone, oh yeah. :shepface:

If those casualty numbers are remotely accurate their hold on Bakhmut is utterly unsustainable.

VDV in name only at this point. The bits left over from the first few months of idiotic airfield assaults and getting dropped into the sea got ground to a pulp being used as shock troops out East.

These are the guys who got thrown through rapid "training" and given the VDV unit names to keep up the appearance that they hadn't been utterly destroyed.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Very Dead Vatniks.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
They are called the Guards brigade because they recruit from retired security guards.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
do you guys remember when a bunch of russians got dropped into kiev airport for no reason and were lost

zone
Dec 6, 2016

quote:

July 11 (Reuters) - The British government said on Tuesday it will provide Ukraine with more than 70 combat and logistic vehicles, thousands of rounds of ammunition for Challenger 2 tanks, and a 50 million pound ($64.7 million) support package for equipment repair.

Britain also said that all Group of Seven (G7) members - Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan and United States - were expected to sign a new framework on Wednesday that would provide long-term, bilateral security commitments for Ukraine, that would be detailed in due course.
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/uk-provide-65-mln-support-package-ukraine-2023-07-11/
POCCNR continues winning by a lot

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Celexi posted:

do you guys remember when a bunch of russians got dropped into kiev airport for no reason and were lost

Hostomel airport just North of Kiev? Yeah. Over and over again until they ran out of VDV to throw into the assaults. The defenders must have been mindblown that they kept trying the same thing every time they got wiped out.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Russia demonstrating that all these G7, NATO, EU and such networks that usually just do posturing or bureaucracy and nothing much else actually gets poo poo done, if they have an enemy, some comically evil, utter and absolute shithead, to work against.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

source

pictured: Russia reluctant to use cluster munitions

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Regarding the combat & logistics vehicles: boosting the number of C2s would be possibility but seems unlikely (a small number in Trojan engeering/recovery form might be better odds). We do have a bunch of Warriors IFVs and Bulldog APCs that are meant to be phases out by the seriously delayed Ajax programme. Bulldogs were previously mentioned in January as being included in donations but I don't recall ever seeing any. Perhaps this will be the start of actual transfers.

If the Ajax programme was further ahead we might have 700 Warriors to hand over.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

TulliusCicero posted:

Brings to mind Perun's video on the counter offensive a couple of weeks ago where he framed it as a slog meant to attrit men and materiel. If they are in fact bringing up a PMC that launched an armed rebellion against the state and shot down a bunch of irreplaceable aircraft a few weeks ago, that's gotta be a clear sign Ukraine's strategy is working.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
https://twitter.com/osinttechnical/status/1679065562142371842?s=46&t=-SJ0iV1ryOF9h29u1nKy4g

Brotherhood of Nod disc detected.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Warbadger posted:

Hostomel airport just North of Kiev? Yeah. Over and over again until they ran out of VDV to throw into the assaults. The defenders must have been mindblown that they kept trying the same thing every time they got wiped out.

I think you're mixing up Hostomel airport (VDV gets slaughtered during the initial attack due to lack of air support) with Chornobayvka / Kherson airport (Ukraine keeps bombing Russian troops, Russian keeps putting more troops to get bombed, repeat x12), which was also the source of a lot of Ukrainian memes and even a few songs.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Pablo Bluth posted:

If the Ajax programme was further ahead we might have 700 Warriors to hand over.

Or we could send Ajaxes to Russia instead and deafen them into submission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
Gerkin on Prigozhin's coup attempt

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1679070151465992192