Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://i.imgur.com/EpB5kwQ.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

🎵We heard a cry
🎵We've come to intervene
🎵You will change your ways and you will make amends
🎵Or we will wipe this place clean

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

chadly

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

BrianBoitano posted:

Don't tag yourself

Every field archaeologist has seen this - usually have a copy along with our Munsell soil color books.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Liquid Chicken posted:

Every field archaeologist has seen this - usually have a copy along with our Munsell soil color books.

staring back at me from the back of every field form for years, among other things!

I have tried without success to explain "who is Sandy Loam" to my coworkers.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Quorum posted:

staring back at me from the back of every field form for years, among other things!

Do they not get that it sounds like a name or are your coworkers from a different, non field-working field?

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Grassy Knowles posted:

Do they not get that it sounds like a name or are your coworkers from a different, non field-working field?

Sandy Loam already got to them. They're compromised

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Lmao

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Kit Walker posted:

Sandy Loam already got to them. They're compromised

They crumbled under the stress, like a handful of soil mixed with enough water to form a bolus, kneaded for 1-2 minutes and then shaped into a ribbon

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Audio most definitely on.

https://i.imgur.com/wTgZxxg.mp4

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

:haw: :v: :ohdear: :cool:

Kid sounds like a loving loony tunes character. I really hope that's a bit.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
When I was high school a kid pulled something similar. The teacher said, "If you want to act out in front of the other students, save it for Mrs. Roth's class. She teaches theater."

The school nurse had to treat him for that burn.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

How did this kid think it would work? What was supposed to happen? Was the teacher supposed to be intimidated by his whiny voice? His hunched shoulders? Or is "I am the alpha" a magic phrase that makes everyone submit to you.

And you can tell this is not the first time that nerdy mcnerderson has tried some tantrummy poo poo by the way the teacher is nonplussed by it all.

And "lets see how that works out for you mate" is a great last line.

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

BrigadierSensible posted:

How did this kid think it would work? What was supposed to happen? Was the teacher supposed to be intimidated by his whiny voice? His hunched shoulders? Or is "I am the alpha" a magic phrase that makes everyone submit to you.

And you can tell this is not the first time that nerdy mcnerderson has tried some tantrummy poo poo by the way the teacher is nonplussed by it all.

And "lets see how that works out for you mate" is a great last line.

My guess is that they are a special needs student and unfortunately they got fed this garbage from Youtube's algorithm and fixated on it, the kid probably genuinely thought he unlocked a real life cheat code. I've worked with a lot of kids like this in the past, and they would come to me with similarly wild delusions they got from the internet.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Isaacs Alter Ego posted:

My guess is that they are a special needs student and unfortunately they got fed this garbage from Youtube's algorithm and fixated on it, the kid probably genuinely thought he unlocked a real life cheat code. I've worked with a lot of kids like this in the past, and they would come to me with similarly wild delusions they got from the internet.

That would make sense with how blasé the teacher is about it, instead of instantly kicking him out of the class. In which case, kinda unfortunate it ended up online.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Clearly that kid’s not a full shilling,his cheese has slid off his cracker,not nice that it’s ended up as a tittersome short video.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
The best case scenario I can think of is that this is some kind of roleplay where a student is supposed to try this alpha poo poo in public... but even then you end up with a video where the lolz are that he acts like a special needs kid.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I also got the impression it was some sort of class experiment or purposeful demonstration. Especially considering how little attention the kids are paying

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Agents are GO! posted:

🎵We heard a cry
🎵We've come to intervene
🎵You will change your ways and you will make amends
🎵Or we will wipe this place clean

nice

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana

Quorum posted:

Show them the whole meme. I showed it to my dirt-aficionado co-workers and the LOLed.

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug
Yeah its clearly a class skit and while poorly acted it is funny

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
It's literally the male power fantasy version of kids trying to askjeeves how to become a real mermaid, and unfortunately the methods taught are equally lethal if followed

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
I haven't been in school for twenty years now, but do teachers let kids have their phones in class? Back in my day...

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

credburn posted:

I haven't been in school for twenty years now, but do teachers let kids have their phones in class? Back in my day...

They can't even keep guns out of classes!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

credburn posted:

Nice try Mark, now put down your phone.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

credburn posted:

Kids are doing coke and drive bys in class now, get with the times

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

This album doesn’t get the respect it deserved

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Seen on my morning walk with the pupp

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Biplane posted:

Kids are doing vape pens and genderqueering in class now, get with the times

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

dog nougat posted:

Looks like erysipelas, seek medical help.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

dog nougat posted:

your reptilian neighbor has just shed their human skin

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Bananoots

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bootnanas. :colbert:

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same

My Nana is great, don't boot her

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
disparaging the boots is a bootable offense

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Computer lab day! Time to spend 45 minutes trying to load pokemon.com!

Mindless posted:

Yeah its clearly a class skit and while poorly acted it is funny

No, it's almost definitely a genuine interaction. As others have said, he's probably a special needs kid that has been watching YouTube and thinks that this alpha nonsense is real. The other students are barely paying attention to it because it's likely a common occurrence and they're used to the kid trying things like this. It's pretty terrible that this got recorded and posted for laughs.

If you think that no one would try something like this for real, I had two kids last year that began to start this poo poo with me, but they had the socal awareness to realize it was not working at all and stop pretty quickly. Something this poor kid lacks.

credburn posted:

It's a constant battle at some schools. If there's not a school-wide, well enforced ban on phone use they end up getting pulled out constantly. And even if there is a ban the kids will still try to sneakily use them.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://i.imgur.com/xX7d7Wn.mp4

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

credburn posted:

What if you take away the phones and then an emergency happens? How are the parents supposed to communicate with their children?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

oldpainless posted:

What if you take away the phones and then an emergency happens? How are the parents supposed to communicate with their children?

They don't. If an emergency happens, school handles communication. That is something that parents and children have great difficulty learning, which makes it all the more important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

I never realized how much danger every student in organized education for the last thousand years was in without tiktok in front of them all day :shudder: