Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

This looks so boring. The family seems like the most interesting part, George Lopez especially, so good on them to play them up in the trailer. But still, holy poo poo do I not care about anything else.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jul 11, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

atrus50 posted:

i think you could actually do this if you had like guy richie (first british guy i could think of) or literally anyone with an inkling of imagination work on this. theres def something to the concept of a surreal deconstruction of the age of industrialization at the beginning of the twentieth century.
could speak to automation and centralization revolutionizing societies approach to labor, about the iron hand of capitalism closing on the throat of the world as the age of colonialism reaches its zenith. you could actually jokerpill this pretty easily too. but to speak of chocolate is to speak of empire and i think theres def something there that audiences could be hungry for.

He who controls the chocolate, controls the universe.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

New season of Rebels has a trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_1EXWNETiI

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

That fake Iron Man suit looks real ugly. 😬

I dunno, there's some fun stuff here but it seems really out of date. The psuedo-Glados voice for the suit was already a throwback when Pacific Rim did it a decade ago.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Blue Beetle looks like the kind of movie I sit in and can't wait for it to be over

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Thaddius the Large posted:

Chalamet is a great actor and can be plenty weird, but I just don’t think it’s the right kind of weird, I want someone vaguely unsettling as Wonka, have a slight tinge of malice in there somewhere.

Should've cast Jeremy Allen White imo

I feel like if set loose the guy can get freaky weird.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

This is a really long trailer

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

"VFX, Written and Directed by..." is a heck of a credit. Reminds me of "Monsters"

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I dip in and pit of this star wars poo poo. Gonna depend on goons to lemme know of this is some continuity lame exercise like most of them or something cool like andor

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

kiimo posted:

Blue Beetle looks like the kind of movie I sit in and can't wait for it to be over

This is exactly my experience with the new Indian Jones movie. It was a goddamn gauntlet. Why do poo poo movies need to push past 2 hrs these days

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Blue Beetle trailer making me question why I ever liked superhero media to begin with.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It was "target the family" where I rolled my eyes and said nope I'm not subjecting myself to this

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Gonna go against the consensus and say Blue Beetle seems alright, light and comedic. Kinda like Shazam 1 which was pretty fun and low stakes.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Shageletic posted:

I dip in and pit of this star wars poo poo. Gonna depend on goons to lemme know of this is some continuity lame exercise like most of them or something cool like andor

Dave Filoni literally calls it a new season of Rebels. Depends on if you like that series or not.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Ah cool, so Disney just traded in the expanded universe for the Filoniverse.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

kiimo posted:

It was "target the family" where I rolled my eyes and said nope I'm not subjecting myself to this

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

https://twitter.com/Godzilla_Toho/status/1678842213827223561?s=20

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

The MSJ posted:

Dave Filoni literally calls it a new season of Rebels. Depends on if you like that series or not.

that bad looking cgi cartoon? Not for me.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

What prompts so many trailers to drop all at once? It always seems to happen in fat dumps

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

So you can shove them in front of Mission Impossible.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
If you don't hit the October-December window, you relegate your release to the Pits of Tartarus (aka Jan-Feb dumping grounds).

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

All Star Wars looks terrible if it isn't Andor.

It ruined bad Star Wars IPs

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

teagone posted:

Should've cast Jeremy Allen White imo

I feel like if set loose the guy can get freaky weird.

I can just imagine seeing this guy screaming his head off, spittle spraying from his mouth, inches away from some little kid's face who stole some fizzy lifting drinks.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Rebels loving rules. Better than 3/4 of the poo poo that’s come out of SW lately.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

ruddiger posted:

I can just imagine seeing this guy screaming his head off, spittle spraying from his mouth, inches away from some little kid's face who stole some fizzy lifting drinks.

55 whizzdoodles 60 fizzy lifting drinks 55 everlasting gobstoppers fire everything now right loving now

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Jaime Reyes is such a cool character, he could easily be one of the pillars you build the DCU on. I want this to be good so badly.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like the movie cares what I want.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Id rather watch the rise of skywalker then any of filoni’s toons

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

ruddiger posted:

Lol :same:

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Shageletic posted:

Gonna go against the consensus and say Blue Beetle seems alright, light and comedic. Kinda like Shazam 1 which was pretty fun and low stakes.

Most superhero movies are already low stakes.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Cinematography looks great, acting will be great I'm sure, but Phoenix looks way too loving old to be playing young Napeleon in the 1790s and the movie stretches out to at least Moscow, if not Waterloo. No way you can cover that in one movie and be coherent, while also supposedly focusing on his relationship with Josephine.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Basebf555 posted:

Just remake Charlie and the Chocolate Factory every 25 or 30 years, it's not that complicated. Nobody cares about Wonka's origin story.

Give me Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator!

Chalamet is a great actor and can be plenty weird, but I just don’t think it’s the right kind of weird, I want someone vaguely unsettling as Wonka, have a slight tinge of malice in there somewhere.

https://twitter.com/yugiohtas/status/1678799105739620352

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

blue beetle is a no

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

It sort of shits on how the world is drab and mundane and the only place thats fantastical is the mystery factory he creates that people are desperate to see and get into.
It's a Time Burton 1940s Victorian Hogwarts England too.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

blue beetle is a no
It looks about as bland as nearly every superhero movie for the last 20 years except the really interesting failures, yeah

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Vintersorg posted:

Rebels loving rules. Better than 3/4 of the poo poo that’s come out of SW lately.

Rebels has the good guys kill a lot of fascists. That's a good thing to teach children.

Also since it's Filoni it's also one of the few Star Ears things that don't subscribe to the Jedi/Sith good/evil dichotomy.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Chalamet is a great actor ...

Are we really so sure about this one?... imho there's one specific role he's good at — quiet distracted kid repressing emotion — and he's mid at everything else. He was by far the worst part of the French Dispatch, where he was similarly tasked with showing eccentricity

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

It's incredible how every single DC movie this year seems to be actively competing to be the biggest bomb.

Jamie doesn't deserve this :(

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Polo-Rican posted:

Are we really so sure about this one?... imho there's one specific role he's good at — quiet distracted kid repressing emotion — and he's mid at everything else. He was by far the worst part of the French Dispatch, where he was similarly tasked with showing eccentricity

He has a really striking look (which is at risk of suffering from overexposure tbh) which could suit young Wonka if he can pull some extra energy out of the bag. But the other poster makes a good point that they seem to have turned the whole of the setting into the wild and wonderful world of the factory so I wouldn't have much hope for it.

I think he'd make a good villain though

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I mean, did you see Lady Bird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Chalamet's best performance was definitely his work on YOLO: Silver Destiny.