Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

...! posted:

The one that I get pedantic about is when people say inflammable when they actually mean nonflammable. Inflammable is a synonym for flammable.

ah, well irregardless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

...! posted:

The one that I get pedantic about is when people say inflammable when they actually mean nonflammable. Inflammable is a synonym for flammable.

What a country!

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

redshirt posted:

THREADS V TWITTER
ZUCK V MUSK

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!!!!

WE'RE GONNA TURN THE CIVIC CENTER
INTO A GIANT MUD PIT!!!!

I find this to be highly unlikely

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

The Saddest Rhino posted:

That guy (not dril) is the creator of the women posting L account lmao

https://twitter.com/Itsukushimi777/status/1679075633425682439?t=suRh4xqCrSHwqCwErjL9hQ&s=19

What a horrible haircut.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
He looks like Sloth from the Goonies if someone straightened out his eyes in a Faustian exchange for his likability.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Rugrats-rear end man.

Looks like Judge Doom if he was a power bottom.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

redshirt posted:

What a country!

I know, right?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Mal-3 posted:

Wait there was a dril show? How the gently caress would that work?

poorly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKaEnSfg1T8

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

bird hellsite broken again

https://twitter.com/excel522/status/1679137256123105286?s=20

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

A Funeral for a Bird

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

doesn't seem to have stopped that guy from posting

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

DeeplyConcerned posted:

New move list released for Zuckerberg.

The face scraper
Quarter circle forward, punch

Fist request
Hold back, forward, punch

Choke mind virus
Half circle punch

https://i.imgur.com/7tGnT1n.mp4

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

...! posted:

Inflammable is a synonym for flammable.

This is such stupid bullshit and society would be better off if we just stopped treating these opposites as synonyms

Snark
Sep 19, 2003

no dice

Glimm posted:

This is such stupid bullshit and society would be better off if we just stopped treating these opposites as synonyms

I sanction this.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Glimm posted:

Sorry but genre romance writers just aren't going to want to write about flamed passions

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
From the Daily Beast - Even Musk’s Own Twitter Employees Are Using Threads

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Glimm posted:

I say we make the switch to eliminating this word and going metric in one fell swoop.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Hellsite indeed more broken than usual. All bookmarks (a thing Elon pushed as incredibly important) now impossible to load. And can't see any of a user's timeline. Replies tab, yes. Main tweet timeline, no.

And he wonders why 100 million people signed up to Threads. All that site needs to do is make a dedicated "Following" tab so you can see the poo poo you want to see, and add a web and dedicated iPad version, and it's 90% of the way to being a full-fledged Twitter replacement. (The trickier final 10% is being willing to allow adult content, actually having a good moderation policy, and leveraging all that Zuck money into getting the site embedded into stuff like game logins, website embedding, and all the other cross internet access that a Twitter account currently gets you that the dozens of Twitter wannabies do not).

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
he looks like if brendan fraser and sloth from the goonies had a baby who got dunked on by a suit guy

Krolm
Nov 10, 2004

friendly and non-threatening

Bleak Gremlin

Brother Tadger posted:

:thurman:

E. For reference

What have I done :negative:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Krolm posted:

That's NOT America's rear end.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Extreme lmao

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
This shouldn’t be surprising considering Musks responds to the first time it broke was we need more features and faster

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

CharlestheHammer posted:

This shouldn’t be surprising considering Musks responds to the first time it broke was we need more features and faster
Would be a perfect moment for bad actors to start probing any fuckups this shitcode may open up.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
I get comfort knowing that Twitter's regularly scheduled making GBS threads of the bed is probably extra loving with Musk now that there's viable alternatives.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Tiny Timbs posted:

just thought about a social network populated entirely by Dudes Who Have a Podcast and shuddered

Galt’s Gulch but for guys whose main contribution to the world is watching the same Adam Sandler movie every day for a year and sharing that experience as an unveiled excuse to read Squarespace ad copy.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Those people are getting fired.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Et tu, tweeps?

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Krolm posted:

:trumppop:

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

E the Shaggy posted:

I get comfort knowing that Twitter's regularly scheduled making GBS threads of the bed is probably extra loving with Musk now that there's viable alternatives.

You can tell he's really not happy that Threads is out there because he's already gone back on the "must log in" and maximum number of Tweets viewed ideas around the same time Threads launched. The lawsuit over Meta hiring former Twitter people is more telling and means he's clearly afraid Threads will kill Twitter if it keeps getting more users and bigger accounts people would want to see just completely leaving Twitter.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
So I go to a company's twitter to get news about it. I need an account. What is the purpose of twitter?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

this is really going to hurt the cumulative user seconds per day

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Lazyfire posted:

You can tell he's really not happy that Threads is out there because he's already gone back on the "must log in" and maximum number of Tweets viewed ideas around the same time Threads launched. The lawsuit over Meta hiring former Twitter people is more telling and means he's clearly afraid Threads will kill Twitter if it keeps getting more users and bigger accounts people would want to see just completely leaving Twitter.

He's also reversed course on Tweetdeck. You can make it go back to normal now.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

temple posted:

What is the purpose of twitter?

To publicly shame companies into responding to your tech support issues

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The purpose of Twitter is to get people to sign up for Twitter

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
Elon Musk sues Wachtell law firm to recoup fees from Twitter buyout

quote:

July 7 (Reuters) - Elon Musk has sued the elite law firm Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz to recover most of a $90 million fee it received from Twitter for defeating his bid to walk away from his $44 billion buyout of the social media company.

The complaint by Musk's X Corp, which owns Twitter, was filed on Wednesday in the California Superior Court in San Francisco.
Suing the lawyers who made him buy twitter for being paid for doing their job by twitter.

What a loving baby.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

temple posted:

So I go to a company's twitter to get news about it. I need an account. What is the purpose of twitter?

Sharing memes with friends

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

We all like to giggle at Elon hawking imaginary metrics on the assumption that he knows twitter's metrics are poo poo and he thinks he's fooling people, but I'd just like to remind people that an alternate reading exists.

It's also funny that they're bragging about breaking the record for the metric days after implementing it.

goatface posted:

Cellulose processing is really inefficient. Humans got access to better food and abandoned all the unnecessary baggage.

Ok but gorillas are absolutely shredded.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

was that the theranos lady in a prison jumpsuit at the end?

10/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Who ITT couldn't whoop a gorilla's rear end? Come on now, just Krav Maga that giant bastard, ez pz.