Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Yep, you’ll always have the chance to get the card from the random s4/s5 slot or tokens later but the spotlight variants won’t be in the store for “a very long time”, so if you care about the variants at all you should be thinking of your caches in those terms instead lol lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

If you do your dailies & weeklies, should that theoretically be enough to get all 3 of a week's spotlight cards? Or will you have to grind? I'm never sure of the math.

Also the token shop isn't going anywhere, right?

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Hobo Clown posted:

If you do your dailies & weeklies, should that theoretically be enough to get all 3 of a week's spotlight cards? Or will you have to grind? I'm never sure of the math.

lmao lol etc

Yeah no, you’ll get about one spotlight per week from dailies and weeklies, so you need to save for about a month as F2P to guarantee all four caches in a week.

In case it’s not clear I hate this gross system.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Hobo Clown posted:

Also the token shop isn't going anywhere, right?
Not even close. Its 21600 credits for 36 caches, and you get something like 6000 credits per week. So buying out all the spotlights is roughly a once per month deal, and thats only until they disallow cache hoarding because its the only sane way to engage with this system.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Patch has dropped. If you're saving caches to open before you update: Spotlights are fixed, and they are the boxes on the right side of the ladder with numbers ending in 0.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
But if you're still working on S3 could you just update and carve through all your saves caches to get more cards?

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Nikumatic posted:

lmao lol etc

Yeah no, you’ll get about one spotlight per week from dailies and weeklies, so you need to save for about a month as F2P to guarantee all four caches in a week.

In case it’s not clear I hate this gross system.

Oh dang that loving sucks lol

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Patch Notes:

https://www.marvelsnap.com/newsdetail?id=7237192834955270918

Wasp and Evolved Hulk nerf. A few eclectic buffs.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

Jedit posted:

Patch has dropped. If you're saving caches to open before you update: Spotlights are fixed, and they are the boxes on the right side of the ladder with numbers ending in 0.

tyvm
Cache hoarding paid off for me. Opened 26 non spotlights and pulled Stegron and NTW along with around 2k tokens. Now to see if the app store has an update.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Nakia buff is kinda nice honestly.

A Long Way Down
Jul 14, 2009

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise

Grimey Drawer
Patch drops, I’m nearly at my first spotlight and I really could use Knull for my destroy deck.

It’s a Living Tribunal.

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010
lmao 10 purchases to get 2k tokens a week what a bargain!!

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Burning through my stored up caches got me Pixel Darkhawk, Dan Hipp Wolverine, Negasonic Teenage Warhead, Dino Swarm and a Max Grecke Deadpool.

Not mad about any of that.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Jehuti posted:

lmao 10 purchases to get 2k tokens a week what a bargain!!

And you don’t even get to speed it up with the more expensive purchases, it’s ten purchases regardless of 700 or 1200 cost honk honk

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Marx Headroom posted:

Patch Notes:

https://www.marvelsnap.com/newsdetail?id=7237192834955270918

Wasp and Evolved Hulk nerf. A few eclectic buffs.

I like this from the bugfix section:

quote:

Removed a very unexpected third hand from one of Spider-Man's variants.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

quote:

Premium Mystery Variants: A new Mystery Variant type that only offers Rare or Super Rare Variants, and cannot contain Pixel Variants. Now available in the Daily Offer section in the Shop for 800 Gold.

That's a funny dev acknowledgement that everyone hates the Pixel Variants

Shuri's new effect is pretty cool

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I’m very glad that you can’t do the Wong-Mystique-Gambit combo anymore with an empty hand

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Ninurta posted:

Hmm, white hot room could be potentially interesting. I guess I will keep my unopened collector's bits for tomorrow for my inevitable Knull pixel variant.

Well, I was close.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Premium Mystery Variants reportedly act the way caches do; in every 9 PMVs you are guaranteed in no particular order 6 rare variants and 3 super rare variants (and 0 pixel variants).

Gaussian
Sep 20, 2001

I'll give you a box of chocolates if you kill me.

Nap Ghost
I had 30 collector boxes saved up (and was not series 3 complete) and got Jean, a sick Death variant, Wasp, Crystal, Galactus, Yondu archer, Ghost, Debrii, Living Tribunal, and Ghost Rider. Thank you to everyone who said to save up boxes!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
How do you make the patch, like.. activate? I've never had a problem before but Wasp certainly isn't showing that note change and I'm not showing the new caches so something must have gone wrong.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Gaussian posted:

I had 30 collector boxes saved up (and was not series 3 complete) and got Jean, a sick Death variant, Wasp, Crystal, Galactus, Yondu archer, Ghost, Debrii, Living Tribunal, and Ghost Rider. Thank you to everyone who said to save up boxes!

You pulled 3 s5s out of 30 boxes? Or did you open your spotlights? Because if the former goddamn

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Snazzy Frocks posted:

You pulled 3 s5s out of 30 boxes? Or did you open your spotlights? Because if the former goddamn
Jean and LT are spotlights. The galactus is skill (though random s5 is 33% vs 66% for s4 so not so ultra rare anymore)

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jul 12, 2023

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

My Second Re-Reg posted:

Burning through my stored up caches got me Pixel Darkhawk, Dan Hipp Wolverine, Negasonic Teenage Warhead, Dino Swarm and a Max Grecke Deadpool.

Not mad about any of that.

cards:
Spider-Man 2099
Snowguard

variants:
Venomized Mary
Pixel Onslaught
Pixel Nova
Pixel Luke Cage
Leader sitting in his chair
Alex Horley Dracula
Giulio Rincione Death
Pixel Deathpool
Newspaper Crystal
Dan Hipp Mordo
John Tyler Christopher Armor

2k credits
2k gold
8k tokens

and 10 spotlight caches saved up

Yeah, gaming the system was definitely the right idea.

Gaussian
Sep 20, 2001

I'll give you a box of chocolates if you kill me.

Nap Ghost

No Wave posted:

Jean and LT are spotlights. The galactus is skill.

Excellent post/avatar combo :cool:

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

New Leaf posted:

Nakia buff is kinda nice honestly.

Yea I wonder if she goes in surfur now. +1 power brood is pretty good. She could play as a 3/7-10 now which is solid as hell.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

New Leaf posted:

How do you make the patch, like.. activate? I've never had a problem before but Wasp certainly isn't showing that note change and I'm not showing the new caches so something must have gone wrong.

If you're on mobile go into your app store and force an update. If you're on Steam it should go automatically.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

Lmao that caches can now drop 50 tokens, loving godawful and both my special caches dropped the 4th alternate art despite not having Jean or Tribunal

I'm legit amazed at my terrible luck

Canopus250 fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jul 12, 2023

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

My next cache happened to be a spotlight one and I pulled Jean

The System Works

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

As someone who wasn't around during beta, what was it that made Nakia so good in that meta?

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o

New Leaf posted:

You need to update your client, either in the App Store or the Play Store or Steam.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Cattail Prophet posted:

As someone who wasn't around during beta, what was it that made Nakia so good in that meta?
It was +2 to your whole hand back then.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

From the bug fixes:

quote:

Fixed an issue that would see some cards target a specific card in hand/deck rather than at random.

I knew that my opponents’ Moon Knights and Yondus were programmed to target the card I needed to win every time.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
After hoarding 31 caches and gaming the system, I pulled Agent Coulson, Dracula, Human Torch, Magneto, Invisible Woman, Shuri and Nick Fury along with the Skottie Young Rocket variant. Also, a good amount of gold and tokens (didn't count exact) and a handful of titles, but no avatars. Got Living Tribunal, the Knull variant and Jean Grey from my spotlights. Think I'm gonna save my fourth as a buffer for future weeks.

Overall, a pretty nice loving haul for someone who still has a lot of S3 to go. It makes the last few weeks of restraint worth it. Got a lot of important pieces all at once and now I can gently caress around with so many new things.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Jedit posted:

Ok, so I'm still unpatched. This means I should open every cache that's NOT on the right side ending in 0, then update, then open the ones that turned into Spotlight caches?

Edit: Also...how is that HE Hulk change a nerf? It looks technically BETTER, because now it can't be affected by Enchantress, Isle of Silences, or copied by Super Skrull.

V V V Just get Swarm and/or Apocalypse and problem solved. V V V

DrBouvenstein fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jul 12, 2023

Cormack
Apr 29, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

I’m very glad that you can’t do the Wong-Mystique-Gambit combo anymore with an empty hand

This but mad instead of glad. :(

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

DrBouvenstein posted:

Ok, so I'm still unpatched. This means I should open every cache that's NOT on the right side ending in 0, then update, then open the ones that turned into Spotlight caches?

Edit: Also...how is that HE Hulk change a nerf? It looks technically BETTER, because now it can't be affected by Enchantress, Isle of Silences, or copied by Super Skrull.

1) Yes, if you want to get Jean Grey or one of the other cards. Only open spotlights if you have a specific target.

2) Hulk will probably be 14-16 on average instead of 18ish. He won't be in hand when you're skipping turns a good portion of the time. The trade off for this is that you can't silence him like you said, and also it makes it more difficult for your opponent to track power.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
^ ^ ^ Ahh, I missed it was only in hand/in play, not in-deck. ^ ^ ^

Ok, did my caches/spotlight caches. Had like 22 total saved up, 2 of which were then Spotlight after I updated.

From the first set I opened before updating, I got Snowguard. Uhh...yay? And the Sinister 6 Electro Variant, so that's cool.

Then I updated and my two Spotlight Caches were a Knull variant, and...Thanos? Uhh...I thought the Spotlight ones only gave you one of the 3 cards of the week or variants of them?

I didn't have Thanos yet, so that's still cool, but also I wanted to try out Jean and even after my caches, I'm only at like 2300 tokens.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Weekly spotlights are 3 chosen cards and a mystery box that contains a random S4/S5 card that you don't own. You hit the mystery box. If you somehow gain 240 collection levels before the end of the week, you will be guaranteed to get Living Tribunal and Jean Grey.

e: This is also why it is probably optimal to have a minimum of 4 spotlight caches available when opening them if you have a specific target in mind. And you should probably only be opening them if you have a specific target in mind unless you are in pool 3 and have very few S4 and S5 cards.

Devo fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jul 12, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Cormack posted:

This but mad instead of glad. :(
It was by far the most dumb bullshit in the game