Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Analytic Engine posted:

1970s High Times ad

Checks out.

But a one hitter is even more efficient!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

steinrokkan posted:

An oz is 2.3 liters, it's crazy

Maybe this is a joke, but in reality one fluid ounce is equivalent to 0.029 litres. So 42 oz is 1.2 litres :stare:

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Some people just want their goddamn liter of cola

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
to be fair with ice its more like 20oz

also diet dr pepper is clearly worth it

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
look if they didn't sell me a 42 ouncer I'd just bring my own 2 liter from the nearest gas station

because freedom god bless america

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/rlmcelreath/status/1676572303205752838

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Singapore, You okay?

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

dr_rat posted:

Singapore, You okay?

Not really *keeps getting caned after not smiling for a photo of Lee Kwan Yew* ow

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Presented without comment.

Source: https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2023/07/mid-1990s-sega-document-leak-shows-how-it-lost-the-second-console-war-to-sony/

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Hah, I found this table (almost a graph or chart) for a different thread and it’s funny for entirely different reasons:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
https://twitter.com/anniierau/status/1677769248159014912

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

quote:

I analyzed every Pinkbike BuySell post listed as "sold" for MTBs from the last 8 years.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Other than the lines being hard to read where they all intersect, that one seems fine to me. It shows that the number of mountain bikes with 26 inch wheels has dropped off while the 29ers have become more popular. What's your beef with it?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The humor is in the arc of the 27˝″ wheel.

Additionally, I suspect that the dataset is skewed by a nonproportional number of 26ers listed as “Other / Unspecified”.

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 10:27 on Jul 9, 2023

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

The meteoric rise, and gradual slow decline of the 27.5" wheel, mirrors the rise and fall of the Roman Empire, and it's an enduring example, even in modern times.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

I believe in the 27.5". One day it shall become the standard to replace them all.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
By 2030 the average wheel size will be 60", urban cyclists will ride over by SUVs as though they were bugs

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

steinrokkan posted:

By 2030 the average wheel size will be 60", urban cyclists will ride over by SUVs as though they were bugs

This monstrosity will be called the Penis Farting.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Nenonen posted:

This monstrosity will be called the Penis Farting.

Sounds like a real gas.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1678069964622667776?s=20

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

I love this

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Definitive proof that New Super Mario Bros. Wii was the apex of the franchise

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Blue Moonlight posted:

Hah, I found this table (almost a graph or chart) for a different thread and it’s funny for entirely different reasons:

Where's the graph that shows the degrees of abandonment of Sega of America by Sega of Japan as time pressed forward and correlates it to loss

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

steinrokkan posted:

They will have twenty‐nine cogs on the rear.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Ich verstehe nur Bahnhof

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

It's all sausage to me.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
I thought that was somebody trying to describe what various languages sound like to them. I was very confused about what they were trying to say about German.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Would you say it's not the yellow of the egg?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
https://twitter.com/ALPAPilots/status/1678503308720308231

https://twitter.com/cojobrien/status/1678889757340848129

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
I gotta say it's kind of generally a poor choice to use a vertical bar graph to illustrate plane crashes

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

credburn posted:

I gotta say it's kind of generally a poor choice to use a vertical bar graph to illustrate plane crashes
Why, are you trying to make people forget?

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Even if they dropped the 9/11 attacks 2001 would still be a huge outlier

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
The graph is about the effects of pilot training. There's a very strong chance that the training covers situations like hijacking, so for once those attacks might actually be relevant to the topic

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Sentient Data posted:

The graph is about the effects of pilot training. There's a very strong chance that the training covers situations like hijacking, so for once those attacks might actually be relevant to the topic

The only way you're allowed to solve 9/11 is to kill a million people. Anything else is insensitive.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

credburn posted:

The alternative is a line graph, with a little plane on it.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

ikanreed posted:

The only way you're allowed to solve 9/11 is to kill a million people. Anything else is insensitive.

I think you're also allowed to mandate extremely extensive surveillance on basically everyone in the world and stuff in that vein.

I also don't feel like airport security theater has done a lot of good, especially after witnessing how lax it is in some countries (that have flights to USA and wherever)

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cut Pilot Training Requirements

People only read the headline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

BonHair posted:

I think you're also allowed to mandate extremely extensive surveillance on basically everyone in the world and stuff in that vein.

I also don't feel like airport security theater has done a lot of good, especially after witnessing how lax it is in some countries (that have flights to USA and wherever)

The two main lessons learned from 9/11 are cockpit doors being locked and reinforced, and passengers realizing that the best response is to beat the poo poo out of the hijacker.