Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Cluster bombs are good if you didnt sign the paper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Regarde Aduck posted:

it's true and the take away should be you can do whatever the gently caress you like in war and the west should stop pretending it has the moral highground and talking about 'war crimes'. It doesn't really care. The logic that got the west to using cluster munitions can be used to justify anything, including biological, chemical and nuclear weapons.

yeah the consensus around humanitarian disarmament in my country has been one of the sad casualties of this war

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Life hack: dont sign international treaties and you can do whatever the gently caress you want, also do whatever you want anyway. Material reality doesnt exist

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Lol

quote:

Question about the rumor that the usa and nato told putin their would be kinetic consequences including military action if Russia used a nuke of any type in ukriane. The British Minister panelist essentially said yes, but also China and India said they would be cross!

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

sleep with the vicious posted:

Life hack: dont sign international treaties and you can do whatever the gently caress you want, also do whatever you want anyway. Material reality doesnt exist

This is literally how the US operates. Never sign treaties but keep pointing to the treaties you didnt sign as the sacred rules based international order (for everyone else)

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Regarde Aduck posted:

it's true and the take away should be you can do whatever the gently caress you like in war and the west should stop pretending it has the moral highground and talking about 'war crimes'. It doesn't really care. The logic that got the west to using cluster munitions can be used to justify anything, including biological, chemical and nuclear weapons.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Me, an idiot, a collaborator, a big putin lover: i think using cluster bombs is morally wrong

Cnn: we didnt sign the paper dumbass. Cluster bombs are good now

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

I mean China's come out and said that, and I'm sure Xi has told Putin privately that use of tactical nukes is an absolute red line

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Mr Hootington posted:

I'm going to cross post this here since I know it will rustle some feathers, but

Ohh yeah that's the stuff, pure strain legalism.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
rules lawyering the rules based order

Vulin
Jun 15, 2012

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

this is not a good look for anyone

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

he should be

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Put on a suit little dancing man and say thank you to your betters

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

time to flip sides and conquer Europe with Russia

there's still time Zelensky, for the best ending

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

In contrast CNN has headlines like "Assurances that Ukraine’s future is in NATO and new security guarantees calm worries at final day of summit". No, its not the reality that ukraine cant ever meet the conditions to join nato, and they sure as hell not calmed down zelenskies worries of being cut loose. And no mentiones of the US and UK telling their dog that he should pipe down

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

stephenthinkpad posted:

Even Erdogan is in on the con, and participates in the bone dangling.

Turks cant resist a good ice cream trick

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

lol snapping the reins

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

I'm going to cross post this here since I know it will rustle some feathers, but

LMAO one weird trick. Oh you signed the agreement that says you wouldn't use these sort of weapons? Thats fine, as long as your weapons are sourced by other countries that havent signed the agreement you are golden!

Imagine if a country from the global south was held to that standard using russian cluster munitions

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Regarde Aduck posted:

Tbh if Ukraine actually did that and the US and Turkey decides to stay out of it I'm pretty sure the Ukraine+Russia team actually would steamroll the rest of Europe.

This war has exposed how empty most of Europe's military capabilites actually are.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Neurolimal posted:

Turks cant resist a good ice cream trick

didn't he end the ice cream trick for some F-16's of all things? They have their own military industry making a new 5th gen fighter right now so he really ended this on a pointless lame note

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

VoicesCanBe posted:

Tbh if Ukraine actually did that and the US and Turkey decides to stay out of it I'm pretty sure the Ukraine+Russia team actually would steamroll the rest of Europe.

This war has exposed how empty most of Europe's military capabilites actually are.

apart from france and to an extent the uk all of europe's military strategy is entirely built around the US. even france has only really maintained expeditionary capacity on its own

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Boat Stuck posted:

I mean China's come out and said that, and I'm sure Xi has told Putin privately that use of tactical nukes is an absolute red line

they don’t have to do that kind of poo poo though. They’re winning

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

V. Illych L. posted:

apart from france and to an extent the uk all of europe's military strategy is entirely built around the US. even france has only really maintained expeditionary capacity on its own

Which is why at this last summit one of the eye points talked about was reindustrilization of Europe and a building up of militaries.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
How about Sergei Soju and he's a disgusting rice wine beverage

lol he looks so angry

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Regarde Aduck posted:

didn't he end the ice cream trick for some F-16's of all things? They have their own military industry making a new 5th gen fighter right now so he really ended this on a pointless lame note

Nah to get into nato Sweden had to hand over some Kurds to be tortured to death

Maybe f16s as well idk

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Zelensky is an angry, tiny man who will be a footnote in history, if the victors care to remember him at all

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Mr Hootington posted:

Which is why at this last summit one of the eye points talked about was reindustrilization of Europe and a building up of militaries.

this war is literally one of the main drivers of european deindustrialisation

anyway europe isn't going to be competitive without 1) reintroducing mass military service with a doctrine to match or 2) full military federalisation

e. actually finland still has a mass military service system, but that's going to go away once yankee ADHD imperialism decides that they'd rather have another captive market than an actual viable army on russia's border

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Regarde Aduck posted:

lol you would expect even a little worry about the loose Stingers and Javelins that disappeared into the hands of SBU, AZOV and the other political Ukrainians.

Yes, Zelensky is toast without them but don’t put him in a position where he needs to lash out not to get popped by his own people.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i'm placing my bets here: finnish military doctrine will quickly harmonise to the NATO standard and become much leaner and more "smart weapon"-based and thus unable to engage in anything like a peer war

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

V. Illych L. posted:

i'm placing my bets here: finnish military doctrine will quickly harmonise to the NATO standard and become much leaner and more "smart weapon"-based and thus unable to engage in anything like a peer war

maybe -- doesnt seem to have happened to Turkey at any point tho

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

OctaMurk posted:

maybe -- doesnt seem to have happened to Turkey at any point tho

a big part of turkey's function is being europe's bouncer, and until recently the turkish army was the bedrock of the state's NATO affiliation and loyalty. unless finland is expected to quell sàpmi revolts and border conflicts on the kola peninsula, it's becoming NATO minor #34 or whatever the number is

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

there is like 5 million people in Finland. it’s like discussing the military of Minnesota

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

finland's previous prime minister was a thirty-something lady who talked like a globe emoji twitter person

it's not a country capable of mobilising any counter-pressure to the structures which generally apply to small european NATO members

euphronius posted:

there is like 5 million people in Finland. it’s like discussing the military of Minnesota

as of today finland could probably at the very least fight germany to a standstill in a conventional war

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

honestly that doesnt seem like much of an achievement the german military is basically non-functional

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
So to the goons who are chatting about Putin's initial gently caress up. Has anyone considered the possibility that Putin launched his under cooked and under planned SMO because he had an secret handshake with some pro peace fractions inside Ukrainian leadership? Like somebody from Ukraine probably promise Putin he just need to bring his tanks to Kyiv and they will sign a bigger Minst 3 treaty. Like bringing the force to the capital is just to convince the anti-Russian Azov people in the leadership?

What if that person is Zelensky himself? He was trying to talk down the Azov people previously.

And then what happened is like a heist movie, some people get shot and some double crossed, triple crossed happened and Zelensky decided to go full Team US. And we will never know the exact detail of what happened.

About Boris Johnson's visit. He was just a messenger. He was just going to show Ukraine that US meant business. US could have sent Blinken but US was trying to tie Europe completely on its war platform, so Boris was a better envoy.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it’s time to re-arm Germany

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

V. Illych L. posted:

finland's previous prime minister was a thirty-something lady who talked like a globe emoji twitter person

She was basically raised by the EU program for new leaders. Lol

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

Regarde Aduck posted:

Turkey paid 1.4 Billion for F-35s. They were kicked out for buying Russian S-400s and never got their money back. This caused the price of the F-35 to rise because Turkey was also supposed to manufacture many components of the engine.
https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/erdogan-says-turkey-will-recoup-money-paid-us-f-35-jets-2021-10-21/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

finns anytime they have to look at a brown person: