Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Isn't that one of those goofy looking water trucks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
How in the gently caress can people get away with poo poo like this without poo poo ever breaking.

Powershift posted:

Claimed there was roadworks going on, transmission caught a piece of asphalt sticking up.

Some days drag rear end like that.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

there's two cinder blocks under the front prop, I have to think they've done this intentionally. Maybe they're hosing out the floor of the camper? But I can't figure out why it's still attached to the truck.

e. oh maybe they're tryign to attach a different tow vehicle, and this one is super way too lifted

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

cursedshitbox posted:

How in the gently caress can people get away with poo poo like this without poo poo ever breaking.
I'd be willing to bet that RV park is the closest to off roading that rig has ever seen and it's probably not very far from its home.

I would love to laugh at the aftermath if they tried to follow you for a day. I'm not sure if I'd even expect the truck alone to keep up.

Leperflesh posted:

there's two cinder blocks under the front prop, I have to think they've done this intentionally. Maybe they're hosing out the floor of the camper? But I can't figure out why it's still attached to the truck.
That's how they hook and unhook it. Presumably they dropped it down while actually stopped at the park, but a bit of GISing found me this showing they did drive it like this.

wolrah fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jul 12, 2023

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

haha amazing

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Unless I'm on the inside curve pointing straight at oncoming traffic the high beams stay on and I laugh at your puny protest flashes.
I am Most Important Man. Most Important Man in the World.

Messadiah posted:

my only thought is possibly for filming? Bike in the middle and equipment/cameras/people to the sides? Which might also explain why it is the way it is and shouldn't ever be driven on public roads?

I doubt it would work for filming, it probably swivels too violently in turns.

But after trying to GIS those pictures I've learned that "swivel wheel trailers" are a real product. Usually they are shorter ones with one or two swivel wheels, designed for carrying bikes or golf carts at the back of RVs.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

wolrah posted:

I'd be willing to bet that RV park is the closest to off roading that rig has ever seen and it's probably not very far from its home.

I would love to laugh at the aftermath if they tried to follow you for a day. I'm not sure if I'd even expect the truck alone to keep up.

That's how they hook and unhook it. Presumably they dropped it down while actually stopped at the park, but a bit of GISing found me this showing they did drive it like this.

holy poo poo LOL

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Carolina Squatting

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008

Without saying a word, confirm that your mother drank and smoked while pregnant with you.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
what are lifted duallies good for, anyway? the things you'd use a dually for (loading the bed heavy, towing) seem like low truck things, and offroading i doubt you'd want to be that wide and long anyway. weird setup

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
They are for trying to make other people think you are a big strong boy.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

They’re good for those times when you need SIX wheels to take you to kiss your father on the lips.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

It looks like a monster truck or a trophy truck but you don't understand how or why they do anything.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Saukkis posted:

If the wheels are on casters like it looks like that particular aspect isn't a problem.

Son of a bitch. I think you may be right. That would fix it. Still a big butt to be swinging around corners, and they need to add a pivot to the wide ball mount for twisting along the x-axis.

Leperflesh posted:

There's a post with one caster wheel at the front of the trailer, for moving it around when it's not hitched up. It does not look like the rear wheels are on casters, or at least I can't see any evidence of that from the three photos posted.

There's no axle, and the mounting point appears to be forward of the wheel, directly in front.

Farmdizzle posted:

The main wheels are on pivoting drag-style links. Look closer at the third pic - you can see a spring-loaded pivot sticking down just forward of the wheel (and the wheel itself is obviously not parallel to the frame of the trailer.)

Also the one at the front that everyone keeps talking about is properly referred to as a tongue jack.

(e: It's also still incredibly stupid because now *everything* behind the rear axle on the tow vehicle - including the entire trailer - is now a giant loving tail-whip)

Yeah, on closer inspection, that looks to be the case, so not *quite* as stupid as it first appeared.

wesleywillis posted:

I don't give that many fucks, but why the gently caress is it so fuckin wide to tow what would appear to be one motorcycle?

There is that, too.

Elviscat posted:

Suzuki SV650 generators really like to fail in exactly this manner.

Kind of looking like maybe the other fan has failed as well. I've yet to see it get spinning faster than "lazily", and the wife said it's still getting warm after, say coming off the highway and idling through a drive-through. Ordered *that* fan, too. Just throwing more parts at it. I'm now thinking that the other fain mostly failing was what caused excessive heat and the big fan to operate more than intended in higher temps than intended, which f'd the epoxy for the magnets. Working theory, anyway.

A piece of my Crown Vic decided it wanted a life separate from the car and threw itself into traffic at 80 MPH on the way home from work the other day:

Of *course* you can't just buy that one corner light assembly. Not in the aftermarket black, anyway. Factory all chrome, no problem, but that looks like rear end. Only $80 for two new headlights and corner lights in black, though (don't worry - the headlight reflectors themselves are still chrome!)
Though I may upgrade to projectors this time...

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Powershift posted:

Claimed there was roadworks going on, transmission caught a piece of asphalt sticking up.

I mean, I'm not sure how *else* you'd manage that. Something had to have caught it.

"I bought my dually to do *work*"

- can't do work.

cursedshitbox posted:

Oh, it breaks. They just ignore it until it stops moving, and buy another one.

wolrah posted:

That's a Texas inspection sticker on the vehicle taking the picture, BTW. Not a surprise.

AirRaid posted:

They are for trying to make other people think you are a big strong boy.

With a huge dick. That's the important point.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Darchangel posted:

i swear I locally saw a big truck (maybe it was on internet) with a vanity plate that read "ITS SMALL"

Hermaphrodite
Oct 2, 2004

Luckily, I CAN go fuck myself!
Saw a lifted Chevy Colorado the other day with "Mid-sized truck, full-sized dick" on the back window. Surprised it didn't have truck nuts.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Hermaphrodite posted:

Saw a lifted Chevy Colorado the other day with "Mid-sized truck, full-sized dick" on the back window. Surprised it didn't have truck nuts.

Does it count if I drive a Tacoma that's slightly lifted?

Honestly my poo poo is a square average.

But I could take the W if it's true

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

My kid found truck nuts on the ground at the Carlisle Imports event of all places.

I’ll never understand the fascination with putting these Fuckin’ things on your vehicle

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
So when are they going on the Z4?

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

So when are they going on the Z4?

They found a home on a very rude RV/Trailer combo that disturbed our campsite in the nighttime.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Imperador do Brasil posted:

My kid found truck nuts on the ground at the Carlisle Imports event of all places.

I’ll never understand the fascination with putting these Fuckin’ things on your vehicle

I almost got some for the trio of office Suburbans at oldjob, the managers there insisted on getting those loving things even though they were a huge pain in the rear end to load stuff into and shot down my requests for minivans every time. But it's fedgov so if anyone saw me do it I'd get in amazing trouble. Might have been worth it.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://i.imgur.com/8HVUz3P.mp4
hotwheels

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Darchangel posted:

they just seem to project impotence to me, since they can't do dually stuff and can't do offroad stuff, so this doesnt seem right either

ah yes, into the trees, that's a great place to put all this fire

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Raluek posted:

ah yes, into the trees, that's a great place to put all this fire

Ghost Rider's driving abilities are getting bad on his old age.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

That looks like a 100 Series Land Cruiser. It'll still run after the fire is put out

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Honk if you're burny

:piss:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

https://youtube.com/watch?v=hN2jOHeI5tc

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
X-posting from my thread cause it easily belongs here.
The "7.3 reliable" 6.7 Powerstroke ate its 4th turbo in under 100k and almost number 5 in the same day.

I pulled the inlet at the storage yard. the wheel is seized solid. Great it's a poo poo turbo or it's not getting oil. Either way, it needs to go away soon.
The hotside of the turbo got so hot it is now pink.

Driving it a few blocks it lost almost a gallon of oil. It deposited it directly into the dpf. It smokes like all hell after about 15 mins of running. Turbo is clearly getting oil.
We had planned to swap the turbo at a campsite some miles away from Nephi, UT. (Nee-phi otherwise they'll judge you if you ever decide to stop there)
That didn't happen so I picked an open cement lot.

One hour fifteen minutes in, the turbo is out.

Compressor.

Turbine.

3 ish hours total, 4 from driving to driving. DPF was packed to north of 150% designed load. It threw a fit and went into immediate regen, smoking out the town. Some locals liked the sight, I abhorred it.
It also threw the 'wrench' icon to take it in for a stationary regen. I like to think it means it's time to fix the 6.7 again.

60 miles later around 10 am pushing 95F, we decide on lunch.
Pull in, walk around. Puddle. Big Puddle. From what looks to be the hot side. God loving Dammit This Mother loving Truck.
The wrench icon was on the nose.
This was right after I noticed it. It was about 3x as big after lunch.

Guy I bought the turbo from I guess decided to remove the second oil galley plug on the turbo's chra. I didn't bother to check because who does that sorta thing. Well it finished rattling out right as I parked the truck before I let it idle for 5 minutes. This engine has no oil pressure gauge. Just an idiot sender that the pcm reports a boolean on. It does not know oil level but it 'guesses' oil level. The dipstick is worse than useless.

2 quarts down. It almost ate its fifth turbo on the same day I put it in. Put the plug back in and other than the gargantuan mess it made of everything, it was fine.

If you own one of these without a warranty, get loving rid of it asap.
At this point I do not think there is anyway to fix this thing and maintain emissions compliance. It is excruciatingly hard on turbos when loaded. I am unwilling to test this theory.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

lol

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
What the gently caress, like you said is it not getting sufficient oil?

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Darchangel posted:

A piece of my Crown Vic decided it wanted a life separate from the car and threw itself into traffic at 80 MPH on the way home from work the other day:

Of *course* you can't just buy that one corner light assembly. Not in the aftermarket black, anyway. Factory all chrome, no problem, but that looks like rear end. Only $80 for two new headlights and corner lights in black, though (don't worry - the headlight reflectors themselves are still chrome!)
Though I may upgrade to projectors this time...
refinish your loving lenses, jesus. That's gotta be SO blinding.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Yeah, sure, mate, you can totally park there if you prefer.

H1KE
May 7, 2007

Somehow, I don't think they'd approve the franchise...

Possible thread coming as I work on this thing. Bought it last September and driving the 30 mins home, the brakes would scream every time I hit the pedal. Every rotor and pad was as bad as these and this one got the finger because it refused to come off. Fused onto the bearing hub because the piston gasket had split and leaked into the inside of the rotor hub, and then proceeded to spray like a Baby Cart movie when I managed to mule kick it off. Notice the gouges in the rear of the rotor where I smashed it with a hammer to get it to move. Also, tek screws to hold the rear bar on in multiple places after what looks like being backed into a pole.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
"uh yeah, i need pads, rotors, and some brake lines for my expedition...."

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
the junk man using a Honda is new to me but here we are, not my pic but local to me

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

`Nemesis posted:

the junk man using a Honda is new to me but here we are, not my pic but local to me

American trailer chains are a trip

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Groda posted:

American trailer chains are a trip

Sorry what, please elaborate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

Messadiah posted:

Sorry what, please elaborate

US trailers: Trailer hitch on a ball mount (usually), with chains to keep the trailer attached to the vehicle if the hitch pops off.

EU trailers: Trailer hitch on a ball mount (usually), with a panic line that fully activates the trailer's brakes (before shearing off) if the hitch pops off.

I can't see why the US version wouldn't just leave you with an uncontrollable car because of the swinging trailer (if the safety chains are under tension) or an uncontrollable car because the trailer's rammed up against the back of your vehicle (if the safety chains are under "compression"). In the EU version, you at least separate the dangerous part of the system from the passengers.

It doesn't seem like keeping the trailer from separating should be its own goal -- either way you've got a bunch of unexpected objects standing still in the middle of traffic, in the end.