Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

rotinaj posted:

Douglas adams would have dunked on elon so loving hard if he was still alive

Douglas Adams is unfunny and would be a British transphobe that loves Elon if he was alive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

There is no low that I don’t expect from Musk, but it’s honestly surprising to see him posting numerology like an open QAnon.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
man , it sure is lucky nancy drew level numberlogy is going to unlock the super truth of the universe.

good thing we switched to the Gregorian calendar so their supa brain math works. oh and having 23 instead of 2023. (but we/they are still doing day month year instead of the superior year month day)

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

rotinaj posted:

gently caress, i wish iain banks were still here to poo poo on musk

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

pixaal posted:

looks clear to me

Yeah hide/edit those parts so it looks like he is fully nude behind the shield.

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

Buce posted:

is eloln still pimping desantis? cuz that was funny as hell.

Honestly it seems like he's gone completely radio silent after that whole twitter spaces thing became such a laughing stock

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Macatt posted:

What's the consensus on Tumblr these days? For its age and size, it's surprising how infrequently it's mentioned alongside other Twitter alternatives.

Tumblr got bought by the Automattic guys and tbh it’s good now. I enjoy it quite a bit for meme posting and random stuff. Definitely lacks the instant news/outrage aspect, but that might be because I don’t follow news accounts in general (I think there’s a bbc account that hasn’t updated since 2019)

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
desantis campaign was already in trouble with polling but it does seem like the spaces fiasco may have put an early nail in the coffin

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Maybe its actually Ron thats ghosted Musk.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Serious_Cyclone posted:

Yeah Threads is leaning hard into attracting influencers to hook brands before they roll out aggressive advertising when they reach critical mass. One of several reasons for Mastodon instances to immediately defederate them on entry into the space. Threads is going to be better than Twitter just long enough to eat their lunch and then it will just be instafacetwitterbookagram

It doesn't have to attract the Influencers, its a part of Instagram. They all have the low number registrations.

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
xAI, what is the answer to the Great Question of Life, the Universe and Everything?

xAI: 🤣

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
"my hero douglas adams"
he wrote some books elon, he didn't save people from a fire

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

IBroughttheFunk posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1679164661869182976?t=JYaliyylL__FltdafvZyjg&s=19

It's genuinely hard to tell whether he's just blatantly lying to drum up interest and money a-la hyperloop or just fundamentally misunderstands the technology because he's an idiot.

Probably a combination of both.

Three grifty years from now he’s going to unveil the new MuskAI and it’ll be a guy in a silver body suit with a cardboard computer for a head.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

goatface posted:

He believes that an AI he selectively programs information into will be able to reveal grand universal truths he doesn't already misunderstand.

"loving magnets, how do they work?"

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
Why would anyone want to understand reality though? Sounds boring

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Steadiman posted:

Why would anyone want to understand reality though? Sounds boring

Elon doesn't live in our reality.

It's gonna cost him billions and when Deep Thought presents it's answer hell crumble to dust.

It'll print "Elon is the most divorced man " as it's universal truth before exploding

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Musk already knows that reality is a matrix though.

also he made his matrix girlfriend , and then made her leave him.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

I was thinking of remarking about how he probably has a child's idea of the abilities of AI based off of that part in Hitchhikers, then I come back to this thread and find of course that's exactly the case because is understanding of what a smart person like himself should be like is based entirely on unoriginal and often outdated tropes.

Also, didn't he spend a several weeks grousing about the dangers of AI? Pick a goddamn lane. Where preferably a Tesla is driving using your crappy self-driving tech.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

IBroughttheFunk posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1679164661869182976?t=JYaliyylL__FltdafvZyjg&s=19

It's genuinely hard to tell whether he's just blatantly lying to drum up interest and money a-la hyperloop or just fundamentally misunderstands the technology because he's an idiot.

Probably a combination of both.

Musk probably thinks those teenage philosophical tweets Jaden Smith made were deep and mind blowing.

https://twitter.com/jaden/status/329768040235413504

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2023-07-11/matt-levine-s-money-stuff-elon-musk-blames-the-lawyers

I'd like to nominate a sentence for this year's Nobel Prize

quote:

It was incredibly easy to beat Musk in court, says Musk, in court. Elon Musk does not abide by his contracts, and so you have to sue him to get him to keep his contracts, but when you sue him you will win, says Elon Musk, in a court case in which he is trying to get out of a contract.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Also, didn't he spend a several weeks grousing about the dangers of AI? Pick a goddamn lane. Where preferably a Tesla is driving using your crappy self-driving tech.

He said he was making an AI then there was a leap forward like 2 days later in AI and he freaked out and started doing the wait we need to look into these things bullshit.

That was all an act to try and get the other people making AI to stop and let him make an equally good AI to be fair. No cheating!!!

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
They really need to teach kids the word disingenuous in school.

Wee fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jul 12, 2023

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
xAI, what do you think grimes is doing right now?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

IBroughttheFunk posted:

I was thinking of remarking about how he probably has a child's idea of the abilities of AI based off of that part in Hitchhikers, then I come back to this thread and find of course that's exactly the case because is understanding of what a smart person like himself should be like is based entirely on unoriginal and often outdated tropes.

Ai is dangerous in the hands of some dumb prole but it is not dangerous in the hands of brilliant brain geniuses like elon

Duhhhhhh

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

R.L. Stine posted:

xAI, what do you think grimes is doing right now?

grimes is now dating xAI

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/saeeddicaprio/status/1679177972874461210?s=46&t=CBKJcBX0BD3U5HgUdsqBtw

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Ah so we 've reached the Schizophrenic phase

What the gently caress are you even talking about with 42 you god damned lunatic

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

TulliusCicero posted:

Ah so we 've reached the Schizophrenic phase

What the gently caress are you even talking about with 42 you god damned lunatic

Found the dumbdumb who isnt up to date on the latest and hottest numerology

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Elon actual paedo guy?

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

Elon really never did grow up from early 2000’s internet culture, huh?

I’m surprised he hasn’t tried an “All Your Base” joke yet.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

loving Hell it is true

He is totally obsessed with an underage girl from Death Note (who is an idol and absolutely could just be Grimes)

Lmao this dude was like 40 when Death Note was popular, what the actual gently caress

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Grey Cat posted:

Elon actual paedo guy?

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

The Awesomesaurus posted:

Elon really never did grow up from early 2000’s internet culture, huh?

I’m surprised he hasn’t tried an “All Your Base” joke yet.

Somebody set us up the tweet
What? ITS ELON!
How are you libruls!
All your based are woke to us.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

rotinaj posted:

Absolutely, he logged into a newsgroup to tell his fans that all their theories about picking the number "42" were wrong

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

rotinaj posted:

He would have done it in a way that made elon think he was being friendly/nice to him and the question would be if he would ever clue in to it.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
Some real bad, Elon level posting the last couple of pages in attempts to own Elon. Sad.

greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.
Does Elon Musk want to understand reality because it is among the things he's divorced from?

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Durzel posted:

i assume there's an xAI crypto coin already?

Get in on the ground floor buddy
Hodl

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I think the feasibility of this new idiot venture depends entirely on how the goal is phrased.

-An AI which will grasp reality on a level beyond human consciousness? that is a nonsensical statement and also way outside the scope of any current or projected technology

-An AI with a stronger grasp on reality than Elon Musk specifically? any AI qualifies by default; it has zero capacity for understanding, which puts it ahead of Elon Musk, whose capacity for critical thought is somehow negative

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Sounds like griffters are aiming the AI scene for their antics. xAI would be another one to extract money from idiots.

Please donate to Trump^W.. Elon Musk causes.