Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Vandar posted:

Chase U. They’re kind of cool and they’re fun to watch but wow that gimmick won’t work on the main roster.

But the spirit squad worked so well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

One thing that helps NXT is the abundance of Cool Entrances using their video screens. One of my favorite bits is whenever Dijak interrupts a promo the trons suddenly have a cell clank shut over them as if you're getting locked in with him, and when he enters they do the Sin City monochrome-except-for-red thing. There's also a girl whose entrance is an elevator opening to show her in silhouette.

Like, WWE still sucks to watch and there are a million moral reasons why not to watch anything it does but if you want a smaller sillier lower stakes show, NXT has come out of the horrendous NXT 2.0 era as a pleasantly fun and weird time. The Impact comparisons are on point and the wrestling is faster-paced than main roster stuff with some good talent, though it's still recognizably developmental.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

There's also a girl whose entrance is an elevator opening to show her in silhouette.

Cody's down in NXT now?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

https://twitter.com/mulvihill79/status/1678825714165100544

We're not even sports entertainment anymore

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Gotta make sure Roman is eligible for the acting awards

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Codependent Poster posted:

Gotta make sure Roman is eligible for the acting awards

Emmy noms came out today, no Roman :[

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I wanna see Tony D in a segment trying to find the best sausage and peppers in Chicago

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

graph posted:

according to cm shes been relegated to level up and hasnt been on tv since january

what is mr. henderson doing covering nxt news?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

There's also a girl whose entrance is an elevator opening to show her in silhouette

this one rules. couldnt tell you the name of the wrestler though

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

graph posted:

this one rules. couldnt tell you the name of the wrestler though

L.A. Vader

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Congrats to Smackdown for being #1 in the summer during a writer’s strike

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

JUNGLE BOY posted:

L.A. Vader
:catstare:

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Maggots feeding on cable's corpse.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

sportsgenius86 posted:

Congrats to Smackdown for being #1 in the summer during a writer’s strike

Actor's strike now too. How many wrestlers have to go on the picket line due to having membership in the union?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Island Nation posted:

Actor's strike now too. How many wrestlers have to go on the picket line due to having membership in the union?

Approximately zero

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Ganso Bomb posted:

Approximately zero

Didn't Roman get a SAG card for Hobbs & Shaw?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Island Nation posted:

This frees up Dwayne for Wrestlingmania

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Wintermutant posted:

That role would have made him eligible, but it's still up to him to decide to do so, and given Rule Number One of SAG is not to work for someone without a SAG contract, I wouldn't be shocked if he chose not to.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/GiveMeSportWWE/status/1626627542269706245

Three guesses who wrote this.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Seth Rollins: It Rubbed Me The Wrong Way When NXT Talent Didn’t Want To Join The Main Roster

quote:

We were going through a period with NXT where there was a lot of complacency and people talking about, ‘I’d rather stay in NXT, I don’t want to go to the main roster.’ That always rubbed me the wrong way. When I went down there this past time, I felt a different energy and I felt people were excited to come to the main roster and take their careers to the next level. That got me hyped.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I thought 2019 NXT was the main roster??

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...

"Now that the quality of NXT has decreased dramatically, people can't wait to leave!" Seth Rollins might be a talented wrestler, but I think he's genuinely dumb as gently caress, and I can't remember the last time he publicly said something that wasn't some awful, embarrassing bullshit.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Seth is a good wrestler but the biggest cop of them all.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I guess Seth also wasn't a fan of the unending Gargano/Ciampa feud

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It'll be super funny when Mox and Roman are in the Observer hall of fame but Seth isn't

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Wintermutant posted:

I thought you had to do a certain amount of things per year to get into SAG? I thought I remembered hearing that was why Terry Funk would always do a few little bit parts every year just to get the insurance.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

3 A.M. Radio posted:

"Now that the quality of NXT has decreased dramatically, people can't wait to leave!" Seth Rollins might be a talented wrestler, but I think he's genuinely dumb as gently caress, and I can't remember the last time he publicly said something that wasn't some awful, embarrassing bullshit.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F04rjxvWwAIHxyR?format=jpg&name=large

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Doesn't matter, since Vince rewrote half of it 5 minutes after it went live.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Seth “Bootlicker” Rollins

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Everyone thinks Rollins is in on the joke and aware that he’s the most uncool guy on the planet, but he really isn’t

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I agree with Seth, NXT sucked and was super overrated.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

3 A.M. Radio posted:

He's not dumb he's a company man

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

He's not dumb he's a company man

A good company man wouldn’t whine nonstop about Cody main eventing Wrestlemania and WWE not being a meritocracy like he did in that interview lol

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Then I ammendment my statement to "lol, lmao"

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

seth FREAKIN rollins

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I’d hope Becky Lynch would try keep him from saying dumb stuff but guess not

Or what if she’s already stopped him from saying dumb stuff and this is just what gets through?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's that a person who married seth rollins is still considered not that dumb, and that needs to be updated

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Seth is correct to be annoyed that he's been the best worker in the company for years at this point and keeps getting passed over for Roman and only gets useless baubles like the cuck belt instead of actually getting pushed as the top guy (and the last time they pushed him as a top guy, they made him scream and cry and piss his pants at a clown). Luckily he'll be treated much better in AEW.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Whenever I try to imagine what WWE would do with the beautiful sweet boy that is Kota Ibushi, I weep.

1) He's foreign.
2) Doesn't speak English
3) He does flips.
4)He doesn't take direction from above well.
and most importantly
5) He got himself over somewhere else.

Vince would hate him, and he would be dancing in a skit about Ching Chong Chinamen before losing to ... I dunno the "woke" guy from NXT in his second, (and final) match.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

BrigadierSensible posted:

Whenever I try to imagine what WWE would do with the beautiful sweet boy that is Kota Ibushi, I weep.

1) He's foreign.
2) Doesn't speak English
3) He does flips.
4)He doesn't take direction from above well.
and most importantly
5) He got himself over somewhere else.

Vince would hate him, and he would be dancing in a skit about Ching Chong Chinamen before losing to ... I dunno the "woke" guy from NXT in his second, (and final) match.

strangely enough he's been there before

Wikipedia posted:

WWE (2016)

On June 13, 2016, Ibushi was announced as a participant in WWE's Cruiserweight Classic tournament.[108] The tournament kicked off on June 23 with Ibushi defeating Sean Maluta in his first round match.[109] On July 13, Ibushi made his NXT in-ring debut, defeating Buddy Murphy at the NXT tapings.[110] The following day, Ibushi defeated Cedric Alexander in his second round match in the Cruiserweight Classic in a critically acclaimed match.[111] On July 15, Pro Wrestling Torch reported that Ibushi had signed a developmental contract with WWE.[112] In an interview published July 25, Ibushi admitted he had been offered a contract, but denied having signed it.[113] On August 26, Ibushi defeated Brian Kendrick to advance to the semifinals of the Cruiserweight Classic.[114] On September 14, Ibushi was eliminated from the tournament in the semifinals by eventual winner T. J. Perkins.[115] Afterwards, Pro Wrestling Torch went back on their earlier report and stated that Ibushi had not agreed to a WWE contract beyond the tournament, which was a factor in him losing the semifinal match.[116] On September 29, WWE announced that Ibushi would be teaming up with NXT's Hideo Itami in the upcoming Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic.[117] When Itami was injured, Ibushi was paired up with T. J. Perkins. The two entered the tournament on October 13, defeating Lince Dorado and Mustafa Ali in their first round match. Later that same day, they were eliminated from the tournament in the second round by Sanity (Alexander Wolfe and Sawyer Fulton).[118]