Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Gatts posted:

Put a dab of this in your chili and you should be good to go.

I also like…

Sid probably ate some of this dumb rear end poo poo thinking it was garbage by mistake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Sid Vicious posted:

i feel like garbage today

whoa same but every day

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Solefald posted:

Mate there's literally a flying goose right there on that bottle.

I posted this before it was revealed about the Rooster brand being illegal. And somebody posted this image before I did.

I don't know why they had it saved but I got autobanned the first time.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3988999&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post520276227

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Yeah I must have used it for something before because it was in my Imgur roll. I posted it as a reference to that thread but I don’t know if anyone else got it.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

mid week vibe check in shambles

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

numberoneposter posted:

Stay on target....

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Yeah I must have used it for something before because it was in my Imgur roll. I posted it as a reference to that thread but I don’t know if anyone else got it.

I got it

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

numberoneposter posted:

the vibes this week are unfettered chaos and I'm gonna take advantage of that :hehe:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

bagmonkey posted:

the vibes this week are unfettered chaos and I'm gonna take advantage of that :hehe:
vibe arbitrage

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

numberoneposter posted:

vibe arbitrage

lol

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

oh yeah thanks Seth here is my Coloring book in various regions this is USA https://a.co/d/fzh5PV6 and here is the UK which is England I think https://amzn.eu/d/gUXgKQ8 and here is Canada https://a.co/d/g11KsEp I am still trying to figure out how to update the Amazon page with interior pictures but here is another one I colored digitally as another example it’s twin peaks man

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I went on a feast yesterday. I ate and drank so much. Here's a picture of the cheesecake:

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

redshirt posted:

I went on a feast yesterday. I ate and drank so much. Here's a picture of the cheesecake:

:drat:

people itt if you're going to destroy you body please do it this way and not with weekend meth binges

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
That's a good break from Hot Sauce chat.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
I just checked and people use sriracha to make cheesecakes. No escape!

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Also on ice cream, I think.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

kntfkr posted:

You know what's worse than sodium hydrogen sulphite? Extant monarchies.

Monarchies are perfectly fine - everyone knows they're silly, so it keeps you from doing stupid things like giving a single person the power of a whole branch of government. :colbert: :norway:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Chinatown posted:

Copped this a few days ago since I'm low on the Huy Fong stuff and have now decided that this is actually superior to it. Sorry old asian dude who built an empire on sriracha YOURE FIRED.

no illegal preservatives in this. tabasco sriracha stays winning.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Computer viking posted:

Monarchies are perfectly fine - everyone knows they're silly, so it keeps you from doing stupid things like giving a single person the power of a whole branch of government. :colbert: :norway:

they're an anachronism and representitive of l'ancien regime actually and should be destroyed in their entirety

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

they're an anachronism and representitive of l'ancien regime actually and should be destroyed in their entirety

Sure, as long as we also acknowledge that the US (and French!) president is basically an 1800s enlightened despot that you replace every four years, and should also be replaced with something more reasonable.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Vinegar based hot sauce sucks. Chili puree and tomato puree-based ones are all that matter.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Computer viking posted:

Sure, as long as we also acknowledge that the US (and French!) president is basically an 1800s enlightened despot that you replace every four years, and should also be replaced with something more reasonable.

i guess, whatever. sounds like a bunch of other country poo poo with fail style governments. bunch of those in the world, not gonna list every one of them

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

why can’t he hold all those limes

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Computer viking posted:

I acknowledge this.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Sid Vicious posted:

why can’t he hold all those limes

Those are green lemons.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

kntfkr posted:

Those are green lemons.

Sprite based Lymons

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Toxic Mental posted:

Vinegar based hot sauce sucks. Chili puree and tomato puree-based ones are all that matter.

does this include buffalo sauce? i can get down with a good buffalo but usually they’re more for flavor than heat so maybe you’re just politely trying to say you don’t consider it to be a hot sauce at all, which is reasonable i suppose

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i never met a hot sauce i didnt like but some have too much vinegar for sure

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Bad Purchase posted:

does this include buffalo sauce? i can get down with a good buffalo but usually they’re more for flavor than heat so maybe you’re just politely trying to say you don’t consider it to be a hot sauce at all, which is reasonable i suppose

I consider that more of a wing sauce than a true hot sauce in the taco purist sense

I'm talking more about like, Frank's Red Hot. Yuck.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Toxic Mental posted:

Vinegar based hot sauce sucks.

Used to think that, but vinegar has its place. Came around on Tabasco years back. Sometimes I like that tangy vinegar twang.

And Franks its great especially if I'm looking for something low heat high flavor.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Basic buffalo sauce is just franks and butter, no?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Basic buffalo sauce is just franks and butter, no?

Basically yeah. I add a splash of tabasco to mine. Maybe some...get this...sriracha too. :blastu:

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i like that vinegar tang. salt and vinegar chips, malt vinegar on fries, yep give me that sour funk on my salty foods

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

why do so many video games open with unsmippable cutscenes

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i guess, whatever. sounds like a bunch of other country poo poo with fail style governments. bunch of those in the world, not gonna list every one of them

I wish I could find the research paper I read once that looked into different democratic systems and how the US was unusual in having survived as a democracy with your specific government configuration. It was copied into a number of countries in meso- and south America, and they all failed. My interpretation was that it's because it's an inherently unstable system that leads to two-party polarization, gridlock, and concentrating too much power in a single directly elected populist. In a way that's a great compliment to the US: You really do have a strong tradition and instinct for democracy, and could probably make any roughly democratic system work. (Recent issues aside.)

Anyway. Holding the UK aside for a bit just because of how much money and land and soft power those people have retained, the other European monarchies are solid democracies. The Nordic ones used to work like "imagine the US, but presidents are for life and heritable": We elected a parliament (that passes laws and budgets), the king picked his government to run the country on top of that, and sometimes they disagreed. At different times in the different countries, the parliaments stopped cooperating with this, and we ended with a system where the parliament picks the government. In US terms, the equivalent would be if congress picked the cabinet at the start of its term*, and the President is just there to shake hands and sign things. Except that we've got an old guy doing that job because his dad used to do it. The budget is mostly upkeep on some historical buildings and security, and we'd pay those either way.

I would be fine with a powerless elected president a la Iceland, but the downside to those is that you now have an eternal risk of the role accumulating more power, because being elected gives it a sheen of legitimacy.

* However you want to interpret that given the staggered Senate elections

Computer viking fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jul 12, 2023

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Bad Purchase posted:

i like that vinegar tang. salt and vinegar chips, malt vinegar on fries, yep give me that sour funk on my salty foods

Oh yeah, the vinegar somehow makes the salt more salty, too. Great stuff.
Slightly more controversially, I think this is one of the selling points of Heinz ketchup; it has a tiny bit of vinegar bite.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Sid Vicious posted:

why do so many video games open with unsmippable cutscenes

they're furiously unpacking all the data files in the background during the cutscene

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

im making sloppy joes for supper

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

not much what supper with you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Timed my last Amazon delivery to the strike. FIGHT THE POWER!