Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

With all this gyro kit talk I had to try it, and that poo poo is cash money. They really hook you up with the tzatziki too. Will buy again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

priznat posted:

I actually liked the bulgogi beef kit! Very tasty. But I don't see it around much anymore.

Had it about a year ago and it was way, way too salty for me. Haven't had it since. Glad you enjoy it and hopefully it wasn't too salty

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Sorry, guys, but Church is not a panacea. It's trying to squeeze and screw us just like every other massive multinaitonal global conglomerate.

They just quietly changed their warranty on Interstate Batteries from "36 month" to "36 month prorated."

What does this mean, exactly? Well, if you bought a battery last week, and 2 1/2 years from now the battery conked out, then you'd take the battery back and Costco would give you a new one, easy.

Now if you buy a battery, and 2 1/2 years from now the battery conked out, then you'd take the battery back and Costco would say "yep, it's a dead battery. You've used 80% of the warranty life, so here's your 20% back and you're free to buy a new battery."

:fuckoff:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Booooooooo. I'm not hugely surprised since of course this is the only way things go and Costco is/was the last company to offer that kind of warranty on batteries.

They're at least still significantly cheaper than everyone but Walmart:

Costco: $169.99 + $15 core
Walmart: $179.84 + $14? core
Napa: $249.99 + $18 core
Autozone and OReilly: $249.99 + $22 core
Advance/Carquest: $254.99 + $22 core

Part of me wonders if spending an extra $10 is worth it to deal with Walmart instead since they're open 24x7 and in far more locations, but it's been a decade+ since I've had the combination of "a dead battery now" and "I have to solve this overnight".

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012
I got some of the Jongga kimchi and it has a kind of cheesy aftertaste to it. It also has a weird fizzy taste to it, though I don't really see any bubbles. Are these flavors typical for the brand or did my jar go bad?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
"my hot dog tastes meaty, did it go bad"

"my peppers are spicy, did they go bad"

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
if kimchi goes legit bad you will see mold. if it ages for a ridic long time it turns into a different thing called mugeunji. use for cooked kimchi dishes until it molds. total lifetime can be 2 years outside, 3 in the fridge, just as long as it doesnt mold

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

bob dobbs is dead posted:

"my hot dog tastes meaty, did it go bad"

"my peppers are spicy, did they go bad"

I wasn't asking about cheese, but thanks. So helpful!

I've only had a few kimchis in my life...they were probably less fermented than this. Just trying to figure out if this is typical for the brand. It tasted great, but I don't really dig the cheese taste for half an hour afterward.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

oopsie rock posted:

I got some of the Jongga kimchi and it has a kind of cheesy aftertaste to it. It also has a weird fizzy taste to it, though I don't really see any bubbles. Are these flavors typical for the brand or did my jar go bad?

I'm not really a fan of the fizzies that come from carbon dioxide dissolving into the 'chi during the continuous fermentation, so I poke a hole in the lid and give it a good shake to help it off gas

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I personally do not taste a cheese flavor when I eat jongga, more the fish/shrimp sauce imo

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Aftertaste is mostly garlic umami goodness so I'm not sure where the cheesiness is coming from 😬

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

*Jumping Peppers!* *Enjoy the Sauce!*

IOwnCalculus posted:

Part of me wonders if spending an extra $10 is worth it to deal with Walmart instead since they're open 24x7 and in far more locations, but it's been a decade+ since I've had the combination of "a dead battery now" and "I have to solve this overnight".

gently caress Walmart. Always and forever.

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

Smugworth posted:

Aftertaste is mostly garlic umami goodness so I'm not sure where the cheesiness is coming from 😬

I think I figured it out. Lunch was a turkey sandwich (no cheese, but it did have mayo) and I had some kimchi on the side to satisfy a craving, but it turns out I created a really horrible food pairing. I just ate more from the jar, straight, and don't get "remembrance of cheese" this time.

Disappointed that the venerable Jongga cannot be eaten with every possible food combination. 0/10

(jk it's actually better than I thought it would be...as long as it sticks to tasting like kimchi the whole time)

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

My b hole tastes like rear end, did it go bad

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

bird with big dick posted:

My b hole tastes like rear end, did it go bad

Use costco wet wipes to clean yourself better next time.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
stop wasting money on that stupid bs and get a bidet ya god drat filthy animals

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

thathonkey posted:

stop wasting money on that stupid bs and get a bidet ya god drat filthy animals

Once you get a bidet you quickly realize most people are walking around with filthy, poo poo stained assholes.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I finally installed my Ove bidet toilet and it rocks. It has a great dynamic nozzle setting that is really effective. It's the Irenne model, weirdly the tank is purely decorative. It doesn't hold water, it just has big water hoses and operates like a flush valve. It came with it's own valve for supply to get enough volume.

I think I'll probably use a Toto Drake for my next toilet though, I prefer a simpler design.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

StormDrain posted:

It's the Irenne model, weirdly the tank is purely decorative.
The tank is where you rest your tablet/laptop/glizzy. smdh if you're still sitting forwards on your toilet like it's the 90's or something

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

bizwank posted:

The tank is where you rest your tablet/laptop/glizzy. smdh if you're still sitting forwards on your toilet like it's the 90's or something

Cmon man it's ergonomically designed to sit standard, plus then the bidet would blast me in the low hanging fruit.

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

IOwnCalculus posted:

Walmart isn’t open 24 hours anymore. They got rid of it during the pandemic and never brought it back.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I get the appeal of a peaceful shopping experience but Walmart After Dark sounds like it'd more closely resemble a Waffle House

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

IOwnCalculus posted:

Booooooooo. I'm not hugely surprised since of course this is the only way things go and Costco is/was the last company to offer that kind of warranty on batteries.

That's the one good thing -- GMT800 battery at Costco? In 2023? $99. Can't complain there, other than the new one replaces a Costco Interstate battery that I got in 5/19 with a 3/19 date code. Still outlasted the warranty, but barely by a year. 4 years isn't long enough for a battery, imo.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I'd pay $10 just to deal with a Costco return over a Walmart return.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
The price is different in Australia

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
makes more sense this way :grin:

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Chinatown posted:

makes more sense this way :grin:

SIXTY-SIX DOLLARYDOOS!?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

oopsie rock posted:

I think I figured it out. Lunch was a turkey sandwich (no cheese, but it did have mayo) and I had some kimchi on the side to satisfy a craving, but it turns out I created a really horrible food pairing. I just ate more from the jar, straight, and don't get "remembrance of cheese" this time.

Disappointed that the venerable Jongga cannot be eaten with every possible food combination. 0/10

(jk it's actually better than I thought it would be...as long as it sticks to tasting like kimchi the whole time)

Just ate a huge (Kirkland) turkey sandwich with mayo, cheese and a poo poo ton of Jongga right on it and it was very good. Don't know what to tell you

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

Soul Dentist posted:

Just ate a huge (Kirkland) turkey sandwich with mayo, cheese and a poo poo ton of Jongga right on it and it was very good. Don't know what to tell you

I'll update the thread if I die from it

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Getting my tire patched at Costco for $10.99 because they were out of the Cross Climate 2s in my car’s size when I bought ‘em. Great price PBUC

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Soul Dentist posted:

i know what to tell you

stop it

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

IOwnCalculus posted:

What kind of battery is this? I’m curious how much aaa charges for theirs

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

lost my health insurance because of the covid “emergency” ending so my meds were going to be $170 a month at cvs

checked out costco and I can get them for $12

im happy that costco is honest but also thinking to myself what the gently caress is wrong with cvs

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
CVS absolutely price gouges you, do not get anything from CVS unless it's required by your insurance. They will make you pay a shitton out of pocket for generics that other places charge 5 bucks for. Walmart actually is 100% better typically.

Costco has some of the best self pay prices, the generic costs are some of the lowest I've seen. Use good Rx otherwise because it can give you a heads-up on what the average price is for your medications with each major pharmacy.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Tiny Timbs posted:

I get the appeal of a peaceful shopping experience but Walmart After Dark sounds like it'd more closely resemble a Waffle House

It was a vibe, I miss it

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Wee posted:

The price is different in Australia

All Pork? What is this, are there not cows in Australia?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
I went to costco today.

I bought things.

They had kimchi with two 'g's and I didn't buy it. I already have kimchi at home.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Fatrick posted:

gently caress Walmart. Always and forever.

Mid-Life Crisis
Jun 13, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

UCS Hellmaker posted:

CVS absolutely price gouges you, do not get anything from CVS unless it's required by your insurance. They will make you pay a shitton out of pocket for generics that other places charge 5 bucks for. Walmart actually is 100% better typically.

Costco has some of the best self pay prices, the generic costs are some of the lowest I've seen. Use good Rx otherwise because it can give you a heads-up on what the average price is for your medications with each major pharmacy.

CVS is unreal on generics. They increased the price with insurance vs without on me multiple different things. The local place did absolutely none of that. Unfortunately the local place just went out of business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Brain Curry posted:

What kind of battery is this? I’m curious how much aaa charges for theirs

I swore I had it in there but apparently deleted it in one of my edits. H8 AGM, 2018 GMC Canyon Diesel if you need to search by application.

FORUMS USER 1135 posted:

Walmart isn’t open 24 hours anymore. They got rid of it during the pandemic and never brought it back.

Well then there goes that excuse. And agreed on the general sentiment around Walmart, that is literally my last choice option for shopping.