Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Someone sanity check me on the idea of using a custom craft wax on an energy regen rope for Gepard.

Most of my Big Six (Fire TB, Nat, Silver Wolf, Sampo, Serval, Gepard) that I use regularly have mainstats that they want correct aside from Gepard's rope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

That's exactly what I used my first one on.

Out of the hundred+ ropes I've gotten, only ONE was energy regen, and it was a purple in a lovely set I don't even use. Also it meant never having to farm the Belobog set ever again, cuz it really only seems useful for Gepard anyway.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Why? Gepard isn't going to be the last preservation character we'll see in game

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

Yeah but it looks like Fu Xuan is gonna scale off of HP more than DEF, and then future Preservation units may very well have different gimicks, and eventually you hit the point where you don't really need any more sustain units than what you already have.

You're probably right, though. It's probably just wishful thinking on my part, what with powercreep being what it is and all.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

It's fine on March 7th and the fireblazer although they probably won't reach the EHR for the extra defense.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Yeah for Fireblazer I'd probably rather just use a break effect rope on. Or atk% if that's your flavor. But fire break is super strong.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Eimi posted:

Yeah for Fireblazer I'd probably rather just use a break effect rope on. Or atk% if that's your flavor. But fire break is super strong.

I've got mine on Def% but I could see Atk% too.

In an ideal world any breaks I do are being performed by Miss 143% Break Effect Silver Wolf. :v:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Kyrosiris posted:

I've got mine on Def% but I could see Atk% too.

In an ideal world any breaks I do are being performed by Miss 143% Break Effect Silver Wolf. :v:

Yeah but she's not on both teams. And this is more me trying to apply what I learned from building Himeko, where fire break is just so strong it's worth it building her normally otherwise, just slapping a break effect rope on. So I figure it works fine for Fireblazer too since their enhanced basic attack give them more breaking power than normal for a character who just hits their normal attack. And in general their damage isn't trash, which is nice vs Geppy.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Eimi posted:

Yeah but she's not on both teams. And this is more me trying to apply what I learned from building Himeko, where fire break is just so strong it's worth it building her normally otherwise, just slapping a break effect rope on. So I figure it works fine for Fireblazer too since their enhanced basic attack give them more breaking power than normal for a character who just hits their normal attack. And in general their damage isn't trash, which is nice vs Geppy.

Ah, yeah, fair. Generally I have Serval on the other side for MOC breaks, assuming that lightning is a valid weakness (and it is often enough in my experience).

E: For clarity, my typical MOC teams are Gepard/M7/Pela/SW on one side, and Fireblazer/Nat/Serval/Sampo on the other.

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jul 12, 2023

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

I don't have MoC teams, I have MoC pairs. Gepard + Asta, Fireblazer + Luocha, Tingyun + Jing Yuan, and Sampo + Dan Heng. Mix and match as appropriate. Sometimes Asta and Tingyun switch places, but it's relatively uncommon.

Bosses that aren't weak to either thunder or wind are painful. On the other hand, JY almost one-shot both bosses on his side of MoC 1 and 2 this set.

Zurai fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jul 12, 2023

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Zurai posted:

I don't have MoC teams, I have MoC pairs.

Yeah this is what I've ended up with as well after obsessing over my 2x4s. At least for the non-preservation/abundance characters.

My Jing Yuan/Welt and Seele/Silver Wolf are glued together, fill in the rest as needed.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Yeah, my Seele/Silver Wolf and Jing Yun/Bronya are co-workers, though the latter is a bit of a drag at the moment compared to the former (though that's kinda unfair). Lack of a good Wind damage dealer (Dan who?) feels like my biggest MoC weakness, and it's part of why I'd like Blade, thoough the second part is that I have a superimpose 2 5-star Destruction lightcone with no one to put it on

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

at 220/300 on the common banner, on total paralysis on what to pick on 300.
might just limp into gepard, because even though i think he's lame cause his talent is the most useless thing ever, and he doesn't seem to have any argo or taunt buff at all other than his special lightcone, but he pairs well with Yan Qing

technolizard
May 19, 2013
Can someone post the character card builder again so I can bookmark it? The app is not letting me search in the thread and Google has failed me.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i'm just curious if the damage that fu xian takes from team members is the raw damage, or if it gets run thru her damage reduction/defense stats first.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

My teams right now are a triplet of Sushang/Quinque/SW and Welt. I have Gepard and Luocha for survival, and Asta and Tingyun for buffs. Sushang makes the perfect sub dps for Qingque, though Serval can fill that role as well.

I'm trying to feel comfortable with Jing Yuan. I even put together the best relics I could find with a passable 2 piece Lightning/2 piece Musketeer/Space Sealing Station set with a Lightning orb, Attack rope, and Crit chest. His damage is starting to be respectable, but I'm still on the fence. My Dan Heng is 10 levels lower with worse relics and puts out comparable single target damage. Something just isn't clicking for me, but I'm going to keep trying for now.

Symphoric posted:

Yeah but it looks like Fu Xuan is gonna scale off of HP more than DEF, and then future Preservation units may very well have different gimicks, and eventually you hit the point where you don't really need any more sustain units than what you already have.

You're probably right, though. It's probably just wishful thinking on my part, what with powercreep being what it is and all.

Fu Xuan might scale off HP, but some extra defense wouldn't hurt. Just give her an HP orb.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

GateOfD posted:

at 220/300 on the common banner, on total paralysis on what to pick on 300.
might just limp into gepard, because even though i think he's lame cause his talent is the most useless thing ever, and he doesn't seem to have any argo or taunt buff at all other than his special lightcone, but he pairs well with Yan Qing

He does have extra taunt value from his Ascension 2 trace.

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011

technolizard posted:

Can someone post the character card builder again so I can bookmark it? The app is not letting me search in the thread and Google has failed me.

Sure thing ! Here ya go:

https://www.rails-express.com/

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Tagichatn posted:

It's fine on March 7th and the fireblazer although they probably won't reach the EHR for the extra defense.

Also March absolutely wants EHR. Her ultimate is great.

technolizard
May 19, 2013

Thank you! You're the best!

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011

technolizard posted:

Thank you! You're the best!

No problem !

I had the same issues when I needed to go find it earlier and had to scroll through pages of this thread when google wasn’t giving me what I was looking for haha!

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I used the "select main stat" item on my JY's chest and got pretty lucky with the substats. JY is my strongest DPS as a result. I think he has something like 59/110 for crit/cdmg and an attack somewhere in the high 2000s.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

GateOfD posted:

i'm just curious if the damage that fu xian takes from team members is the raw damage, or if it gets run thru her damage reduction/defense stats first.
I mean, I'm pretty sure the character would just not function unless it's the latter, if she's not a shield character she needs some kind of mitigation

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Still a work in progress. My relics suck but I'm out of fuel and I just hit tb 60 so I'd like to get 1 team ascended before grinding for gear.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

my name is blade

my weapon is blade

my goal...what is my goal actually

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Also blade

He’s an edgelord you see

Leaving it up to 50/50 to see if I get him, the 1.1 to 1.3 stretch of five characters I want in a row is a cruel master.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Meowywitch posted:

my name is blade

my weapon is blade

my goal...what is my goal actually
blade's canon objective is the goal of every edgelord: to die and be dead

hasn't stuck so far

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

He is the bone of his sword

his light cone also looks like unlimited blade works

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

can't wait to get blade, and kick sampo to the trashbin

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

GateOfD posted:

can't wait to get blade, and kick sampo to the trashbin

blade has dots? I didn't know that

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I can’t wait to get Kafka so I have an excuse to level up and use that smarmy-rear end used car salesman.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

JT Jag posted:

blade's canon objective is the goal of every edgelord: to die and be dead

hasn't stuck so far

That's actually my take on his shtick. He keeps trying to die so he keeps hurting himself (drains HP on skill use), but Abundance magic just won't let him die (his self-heal thing).

It's kinda dumb and not terribly deep but that's edgelords for ya.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

facepalmolive posted:

That's actually my take on his shtick. He keeps trying to die so he keeps hurting himself (drains HP on skill use), but Abundance magic just won't let him die (his self-heal thing).

It's kinda dumb and not terribly deep but that's edgelords for ya.
His little profile description in the 1.2 preview site kinda spells it out explicitly

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

technolizard posted:

Wait right there while I give you a present!

https://www.rails-express.com/

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

JT Jag posted:

His little profile description in the 1.2 preview site kinda spells it out explicitly

I googled around a bit and:

HSR Facebook Page posted:

Blade
A swordsman who abandoned his body to become a blade.

Wait what? That makes even less sense.

Anyway, after having gotten only 1 Qingque in 130 pulls, last night I blew my last 30 pulls and got 2 copies. Finally E4 Qingque! :toot: Then I got a single Asta off my standard banner pull, finishing off her E6. It was a good day.

Autarky procs a lot more often than I thought it would. It also totally fucks up my sequencing and planning to get SW to break, because of course it would. It is the Qingque way.

Clarste posted:

Welp, Asta is now level 80, E6, and with maxed out traces. I have beaten the game.

How are you building/playing her? Break effect, or crit sub-dps? Her traces seem all over the place? I'm assuming with E6, you can use her as an SP generator while keeping her atk% buff up, only using her skill on things that need breaking?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Oh my God he literally is the blade and the guy is just... uh... the scabbard?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Does that mean he has a boob sword

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

argh, do i have to build up Peta to get MoC 9 down reasonably quick

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I decided to try to find all of the readables and ended up finding a bunch of hidden achievements in the space station. Using a toilet, returning your original light cone that Arlan gave you, and even wearing a curio! Also the rating gun gives invalid for both Jing Yuan and Luocha, a 65 for Quinque and a 5 for Welt.

There's no achievement for finding all of them, but now I can move on to Belobog.

GateOfD posted:

argh, do i have to build up Peta to get MoC 9 down reasonably quick

I'm extremely tempted to train Sampo and give him Resolution Shines because my 2nd team really needs some defense shred. Break Effect Silver Wolf gets you spoiled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I got up to 60 TB and got Seele To 80 and now I have almost no money….