Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

what's the best game to buy to support the leftist trans agenda trying to censor conservatives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

MonkeyforaHead posted:

They apparently even roped some of the original VAs into the project. Even if the whole thing turns out to be an unremarkable shitpost, I'm just kind of amazed somebody actually put the money and effort into making it happen.
Oh wow it's even more noticeable in action
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKVj3fAsO_s
It's too bad the cutscenes cannot quite match the original CDI Zeldas for weirdly smooth squiddly awfulness, but I guess that would be impossible since the original russian mspaint animation studio is long gone

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic
Can the Special Edition of Skyrim play with all the mods and stuff that are current, or is the Anniversary Edition needed to play them now?

I finished Skyrim back in 2012 (still have my DVD copy but no DVD reader in my 2021 computer). I’m not sure if I care enough about the “new” stuff/expansions included in the Anniversary Edition to buy it right this instant. Mainly, I want to be able to try out some of the current modded-in stuff. I also know if I want later I can “upgrade” to the AE (right?).

The thing is, I have a limited monthly budget for entertainment. If I only get the SE I have just enough for Elden Ring on sale. I do know that From games very rarely go on sale, and I simply can’t afford both ER + Skyrim AE while the $12 difference in versions means I can afford both ER + Skyrim SE this month and play around with mods on Skyrim at leisure while I get the upgrade to the AE in some future month. The main thing is if the current mods work with the Special Edition I’d be perfectly happy with it and Elden Ring (which I probably won’t get to in my backlog for a couple of weeks anyway). If current-version mods on Skyrim SE don’t work, I’ll just get Elden Ring and wait for another sale for Skyrim’s AE in the future. It goes on deep sale much more often than From games ever do!

Fake edit:
I’m not, like, skimping on food/rent to buy vidya. I put a certain budget per month on a prepaid debit card for internet-related entertainment is all and I’m really strict on my budget…even if I’m willing to spend it down to the penny every month :bang: 😬

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Just buy Elden Ring and another good game instead of Skyrim

Tiramisu
Dec 25, 2006

Hey, where did you go!? Do you really dislike seeing my face that much!?

Hwurmp posted:

what's the best game to buy to support the leftist trans agenda trying to censor conservatives

Buck Up and Drive has a LGBTQ+ toggle to change the default behavior where some billboards display pride flags. Instead it makes every billboard display a pride flag.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Someone please do a wellness check on dunkey

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Tiramisu posted:

Buck Up and Drive has a LGBTQ+ toggle to change the default behavior where some billboards display pride flags. Instead it makes every billboard display a pride flag.

already have it

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Black Griffon posted:

I'm glad I don't have to worry about whether the ship Obra Dinn in the game Obra Dinn is too woke or if Dave the Diver is part of the leftist trans agenda trying to censor conservatives, it makes it so much easier to just play my little games.

It's not like both sides don't engage in this kind of nonsense behavior. Just look at the drama around Hogwarts Legacy. There's multiple places on the internet that treat the very name of the game as a curse word and refer to only as "that wizard game" and that's just absolutely ridiculous. Not saying Hogwarts Legacy is a good game or anything, it's exceptionally mediocre, but treating it as some sort of ultimate enemy is silly.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Assepoester posted:

It's too bad the cutscenes cannot quite match the original CDI Zeldas for weirdly smooth squiddly awfulness, but I guess that would be impossible since the original russian mspaint animation studio is long gone
they weren't MS Paint by the end either, for that cancelled Warcraft game they actually drew with actual pencils and ink. it ended up looking like a lot of 90s animation, like Nelvana cartoons

Infinity Gaia posted:

It's not like both sides don't engage in this kind of nonsense behavior. Just look at the drama around Hogwarts Legacy. There's multiple places on the internet that treat the very name of the game as a curse word and refer to only as "that wizard game" and that's just absolutely ridiculous. Not saying Hogwarts Legacy is a good game or anything, it's exceptionally mediocre, but treating it as some sort of ultimate enemy is silly.
boooootttthhhh siiiiidddeeeeessssssss

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Hwurmp posted:

Caves of Qud. Brian Bucklew doesn't really truck with weirdos and there's a bunch of negative reviews on steam from people who are sad that they got kicked out of the CoQ discord for being right wing losers.

Infinity Gaia posted:

Nah gently caress that game, and this both-sides nonsense.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the ultimate enemy in videogaming is parents who dont understand our need to game!! we're gamers, don't gently caress with us....

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I don't think I've seen anyone mention the bad wizard game in months, here or elsewhere. It came out in February?!?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Black Griffon posted:

Caves of Qud. Brian Bucklew doesn't really truck with weirdos and there's a bunch of negative reviews on steam from people who are sad that they got kicked out of the CoQ discord for being right wing losers.

You JUST said you liked that you didn't have to worry about the politics of a game, but you do. At least don't go all double standards on things. You may not have to worry if a game is "too woke" but you worry if it's "too un-woke" or whatever. You're doing the same thing from the opposite side.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

mycot posted:

I don't think I've seen anyone mention the bad wizard game in months. It came out in February?!?

Doesn't the PS4/Xbox One versions come out this week?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Infinity Gaia posted:

This is a bad take. Both sides aren’t the same

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Black Griffon posted:

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
It is 100% fine to have judgemental double standards over something worth judging.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It would be nice if the creator of the I.P. would drop dead already.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

Infinity Gaia posted:

You JUST said you liked that you didn't have to worry about the politics of a game, but you do. At least don't go all double standards on things. You may not have to worry if a game is "too woke" but you worry if it's "too un-woke" or whatever. You're doing the same thing from the opposite side.

Motherfucker shut the gently caress up

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Beve Stuscemi posted:

This is a bad take. Both sides aren’t the same

Speaking strictly in how they interact with worrying about the political status of videogames, they ARE. Both sides are constantly worried about the political messaging of everything and it's exhausting.

Black Griffon posted:

Very bold stance, good job defending yourself rationally.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Black Griffon posted:

no, no, let's hear his explanation of what "un-woke" means exactly

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Infinity Gaia posted:

shut up lol

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
Real talk are you even American, and if not what are the "sides" in your mind

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

mycot posted:

Real talk are you even American

No, which is why this whole thing is utterly baffling as an outside observer. Most places don't even have this whole two-sides thing, it's super weird to look at.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

this conversation belongs on a twitter thread between two blue star accounts

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Infinity Gaia posted:

Speaking strictly in how they interact with worrying about the political status of videogames, they ARE. Both sides are constantly worried about the political messaging of everything and it's exhausting.

To be fair, there is really nothing to defend, your take is really wrong. It's a Steam forums level take, that should be enough explanation for why you shouldn't have it.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Infinity Gaia posted:

read the room

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Eh, you know what, nevermind, having this conversation is pointless, I should've known better. Just call me a chud or an idiot and carry on, easier that way.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Big of you to say so

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
Shunned by the woke sjw shibboleth

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

would've made more sense to bring up Atomic Heart where people were trying to connect potted flowers to russian bomber planes as a reason to boycott it

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Why can't I express my opinions on the woke and the unwoke on Steam threads, also faaaaaaaaaaaart

~Next big hit thread on GBS

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Infinity Gaia posted:

The difference being that I don't actually sit here obsessing that a game might not be ideologically pure. I can parse fiction from reality, and also just roll my eyes and carry on at stuff that's not Perfect And Good as long as it's not trying to bludgeon me. It's pretty normal to go over Warhammer 40k's issues but it's still drat popular here, and GW is at least offering mealy-mouthed centrism at worst instead of actively enjoying people being hurt, and so a lot of us clearly just fuckin' deal.

The balking is at an IP whose owner is happily hostile and wouldn't mind seeing people hurt, plus the game itself has issues from its plot dovetailing right into anti-Semitic poo poo Rowling put in the setting. Neither of those is "insufficiently ideologically pure," those are "wow this is pretty awful." Meanwhile a lot of us also exist with "what about straight pride month?" month from the right-wing, who spent the whole time losing their minds at rainbow marketing and wanting to punish the acknowledgement that gay and trans people exist.

So, y'know...

Infinity Gaia posted:

Eh, you know what, nevermind, having this conversation is pointless, I should've known better. Just call me a chud or an idiot and carry on, easier that way.

Fuuuuuuuuck off at your self-imposed martyrdom.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The 7th Guest posted:

would've made more sense to bring up Atomic Heart where people were trying to connect potted flowers to russian bomber planes as a reason to boycott it

potted plants < robot ballerinas

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I never paid any attention to the harry potter game because harry potter sucks and wizards are freaking losers, and you're goddamn right that's a political statement

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

after the controversy died down, neither did anybody else

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Assepoester posted:

SNES JP with the ability to save added is an actual good zelda game with weird 3D FPS segments

SNES JP2: The Chaos Continues is a pretty good 2 player coop contra

Gen/MD Lost World is a good overhead Chaos Engine/Commando like with weird 3D segments

The rest are mediocre but you get 3 good games out of it, I think the 8-bit versions were just demakes of the 16-bit games though, so probably nothing notable there
Gen/MD JP was pretty well-regarded as a platformer of the era (and also having the gimmick of playing as either Dr. Grant or a velociraptor), developed by BlueSky Software who'd later do the Vectorman games, though opinions aren't universal there. The follow-up game, Rampage Edition, is basically more of the same, though the action is more geared to fighting.

...But that's irrelevant for this collection since it's only the Nintendo system games. NES/GB Jurassic Park, SNES Jurassic Park, SNES and GB Jurassic Park 2: The Chaos Continues.
At a guess they only got the Ocean game rights.

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

deep dish peat moss posted:

I never paid any attention to the harry potter game because harry potter sucks and wizards are freaking losers, and you're goddamn right that's a political statement

racist against wizards

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

MonkeyforaHead posted:

racist against wizards

much like with italian accents it's ok and even encouraged

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Hogama posted:

Gen/MD JP was pretty well-regarded as a platformer of the era (and also having the gimmick of playing as either Dr. Grant or a velociraptor), developed by BlueSky Software who'd later do the Vectorman games, though opinions aren't universal there. The follow-up game, Rampage Edition, is basically more of the same, though the action is more geared to fighting.

...But that's irrelevant for this collection since it's only the Nintendo system games. NES/GB Jurassic Park, SNES Jurassic Park, SNES and GB Jurassic Park 2: The Chaos Continues.
At a guess they only got the Ocean game rights.
Well 2 good games then, not bad.

The Gen/MD JP and Rampage Edition were bad and are bad to this day, but there is a lot of nostalgia for them so I agree they would have included them if they could have.