Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Regarde Aduck posted:

lol over the 'kidnapped children' bullshit as well

i remember bbc news doing a segment on this where they explained why this was scary and totally a genocide and they were using this one kid as the case study and it explained that she was taken to Russia. Then right at the end they mentioned how here Ukrainian grandma was also in Russia and they met up and she is now with her. Weird loving kidnapping.

yeah... I don't want to take the risk of being accused of genocide denial or whatever and I understand how millions of Chechens got rounded up after WW2 and had to leave their homeland and go live in Siberia for decades and how that would be an act of genocide.. I understand why you have population transfer away from their homeland in the definitions.. but it's hard to square that with a bunch of people getting evacuated to Russia out of a war zone in the midst of a much larger population migrating there willingly... and like Russia will send them back to Ukraine if they have a stable place to live there from what I've seen reported?

there's just way too much hysteria and propaganda rolling around to even get a sense of what is actually going on with this stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Neurolimal posted:

He 100% knows Poland's end-goal lol

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

mawarannahr posted:

Lithuanian Exhibition and Congress Centre
Vilnius, Lithuania

5:01 P.M. EEST

PRESIDENT BIDEN: You’ve done an enormous job. You have a lot more to do, I know. And — and I just think that, you know, we’re going to make sure that you get what you need.

And I look forward to the day when we’re having the meeting celebrating your official — official membership in NATO.

So, thank you for what you’re doing.

And the bad news for you is: We’re not going anywhere. (Laughter.) You’re stuck with us.

Well, thank you.

PRESIDENT ZELENSKYY: Thank you very much, Mr. President. And I will start.

You — you said about 500 days. It’s really — really a difficult job for our people — soldiers and civilians, mothers, fathers, and children — really, to fight for — for their life — for their life and for these values.

And — and thank you very much that all these days you are with us. I mean, you and Americans, all of America — Americans and Congress. I mean, thank you, Mr. President, that you — like we say, shoulder-to-shoulder with us from those days of full-scale war. We appreciate for this very much.

And really — really, you know, we understand you’re leading support, because when you give such messages and when you gave sometimes some weapon — I’m — I’m sorry that I’m — but I want to say to journalists, like I said during our meeting, our council, that it’s very simple, you know, to criticize, for example, clusters ammunition, which you made decision — difficult political decision. But it’s — but you have to know that Russia used such weapon from the first days, not only full-scale war — from those days of occupation of Crimea, from 2014 and ‘15, in all our territories. In Donbas, they used it. And now they continuing doing. And that you gave us — this decision will help us to save us.

And that’s why my appreciation for the — and I didn’t hear from all the, you know, parts of the world when — when Russia began to use it — I didn’t hear that some of, you know, countries criticized Russia. You know? But I think that it was very useful to put them.

So, thank you so much for this help. We really counted on it — not only on this. I mean this — totally. And you gave us huge support.

I want to thank to all Americans. We understand that it’s more than four- — 43 billions for today. It’s big support. And I understand that it’s all your money, but — but you have to know that you spend this money for — for — not — not just for fighting; you spend this money for our lives. And the — I think that we save the — the lives for — for Europe and for all the world.

So, thank you very much for this also summit. At — at the — at the end of the summit, we — we had — I think this council had great success and security guarantees, as you said, that we began to speak it — about it in Kyiv.

So, now we see that we had — you had great idea, that G7 — and now I know that last (inaudible) that also there are countries which joined to G7 decisions, and I think it will help very much because it — it’s real effect that — it’s very (inaudible) phase.

So, thank you.

PRESIDENT BIDEN: Well, thank you. And thank you for acknowledging the American people. I think it’s correct that we are a large country, but I think we’ve given more than every other nation combined in terms of assistance and cost.

And the American people are supportive — they’re supportive — because they know it’s — it’s about you, but it’s about more than you. It’s about innocent people around the world and the absolute brutality with which Putin is acting and the Russians are moving on. It’s just — it’s just some — like something out of the 14th century the way they’re acting.

And so — but — but I can’t emphasize enough.

And, by the way, I know you thanked him, but I think we talked about it before. I went to Tokyo years — more — a couple years ago. The idea that Kishida is increasing their defense budget, having to lower their domestic budget, to aid directly and get directly involved in what’s happening in Ukraine is remarkable.

The sad, sad news is you’re in this situation. The incredible news is it’s bringing the world together. It’s bringing the world together in a way that — it’s a hell of a price to pay, but it’s bringing the world together. And people are realizing that they just can’t stand by and let this kind of aggression occur.

Any rate, I thank you, and we got a lot to talk about. So, somebody is going to have to say, “The press has to leave.” (Laughter.)

Q President Zelenskyy, are you satisfied with what you got from NATO? You were so frustrated yesterday. Is this enough? Are you satisfied, sir?

PRESIDENT ZELENSKYY: I think, at the end of summit, we — we have great unity from our leaders and security guarantees, that the success for this summit. I think so, but it’s my opinion. Thank you.

Q Thank you, sir.

Q President Zelenskyy, how soon after the war would you like to be in NATO? How soon after the war would you like to join NATO?

PRESIDENT BIDEN: An hour and 20 minutes. You guys ask really insightful questions.

5:10 P.M. EEST

Thank you thank you thank you

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Starsfan posted:

yeah... I don't want to take the risk of being accused of genocide denial or whatever and I understand how millions of Chechens got rounded up after WW2 and had to leave their homeland and go live in Siberia for decades and how that would be an act of genocide.. I understand why you have population transfer away from their homeland in the definitions.. but it's hard to square that with a bunch of people getting evacuated to Russia out of a war zone in the midst of a much larger population migrating there willingly... and like Russia will send them back to Ukraine if they have a stable place to live there from what I've seen reported?

there's just way too much hysteria and propaganda rolling around to even get a sense of what is actually going on with this stuff

As mentioned earlier, if you take out the hysteria about imaginary genocide, you might have people asking why it is exactly Russia must be destroyed with every available Ukrainian

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Uh deracinated is wild.

There is another, better, world where the Dual Monarchy still reigns and the Jewish homeland is Galicia, the Great Experiment.

Zionism is disgusting, more-so when it's in service of the people who exterminated the European Jewry.

e: Like seriously, it seems like it's not just the memory of 1941-43 that's been thoroughly scrubbed away, but, minus the cats in Fievel, everything else about Jewish life in Europe too. It's like the official cultural memory within Zionism is Second Temple > traitorously murder your liberators at the King David Hotel > Nakba > AIPIC funds the Pizza-Burger Discotheque.

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 00:26 on Jul 13, 2023

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Regarde Aduck posted:

lol over the 'kidnapped children' bullshit as well

It's not very lol-worthy. It's just hosed up and wrong.

https://www.ohchr.org/sites/default/files/documents/countries/ukraine/2023/23-03-24-Ukraine-35th-periodic-report-ENG.pdf

OCHCR posted:

6. OHCHR is gravely concerned about the arbitrary detention, enforced disappearance and torture or
other ill-treatment of children. During the reporting period, OHCHR documented the enforced
disappearances of five boys between 14 and 17 years old by Russian armed forces. The children
were all subjected to torture or other ill-treatment, and, in one case, the victim was deported to
Belarus.

52. In September 2022, a 14-year-old boy and his adult uncle were abducted by Russian armed
forces in Kherson region for the uncle’s alleged involvement in filming military positions and
transferring information to Ukrainian armed forces. They were handcuffed, blindfolded and
then placed in a hole dug in the ground on the property of a gas station, where they were
beaten. Two hours later, they were transferred to an unofficial place of detention in the city
of Kherson. The boy was separated from his uncle and detained with adult male detainees
in a shower room for several days. The 12 detainees were provided with inadequate food
and potable water, being forced to share five liters of water and stale biscuits. He was
interrogated twice, during which time he heard other victims being ill-treated. He was then
transferred to an archive room. He and his uncle were released ten days later. Throughout
their detention, their family members were unable to ascertain their fate and whereabouts.

63. OHCHR documented cases of transfers of civilians, including children and adults in social care
institutions, adults in pre-trial and penitentiary institutions, and unaccompanied children, from the
occupied parts of Donetsk, Kharkiv, Kherson, Kyiv, Odesa29 and Zaporizhzhia regions into the
Russian Federation. Some documented cases may amount to forced transfers and deportations, in
breach of Geneva Convention IV. It remains difficult to assess the actual scale of forced transfers
and deportations due, in part, to the lack of access to Russian-occupied territory of Ukraine and to
the Russian Federation.

65. Persons transferred and their family members experienced human rights violations during or after
the transfers, including violations to the rights to respect of family life, to know the fate and
whereabouts of missing relatives, to liberty and security, and to be free from cruel, degrading and
inhumane treatment; the rights of children to preserve their identity, including nationality, name and
family relations, not to be separated from their parents against their will, and to family reunification;
the right of detained persons to have contact with the outside world, family visits and
correspondence; and the right of detainees’ family members to be notified of the transfer and place
of custody.

67. OHCHR also documented cases where unaccompanied Ukrainian children were moved to the
Russian Federation in possible violation of article 49 of Geneva Convention IV and article 78 of
Additional Protocol I. On 27 May 2022, a group of 31 children (16 boys and 15 girls) from Donetsk
region were deported from the occupied city of Donetsk to the Russian Federation. The children were
in institutionalised care, lost or separated from their parents or guardians during the hostilities. Such
a girl, who had been undergoing medical treatment in Mariupol, was transferred to Donetsk with a
group of other children in March. From Donetsk, she was taken to a facility near Moscow, and by
autumn she had been placed in foster care in the Moscow region. Her family in Government
controlled Ukraine did not know about her fate and whereabouts, and although they heard in the
media that she was in the Russian Federation, they did not have any contact with her as of 31
December 2022. Three children from the same group were taken to the Russian Federation after
their father failed to pass ‘filtration’ and was detained and subjected to enforced disappearance by
Russian armed forces and affiliated groups.31 Four other children from this group were taken to the
Russian Federation after their foster mother went missing during the hostilities in Mariupol. One boy
was transferred from the Mariupol area, where he lived with relatives, to Donetsk and then to the
Russian Federation, despite his family ties in Ukraine. He was placed in a foster family in the Moscow
region and issued a Russian passport. The Russian Presidential Commissioner for the Rights of the
Child reported that she personally took into foster care one of the boys from the group, and that he
had received Russian citizenship in September.32 Pursuant to article 50 of Geneva Convention IV,
the Russian Federation is prohibited from making changes to the personal status of displaced
children, including their nationality.

70. It remains unclear how many unaccompanied children from Ukraine have been placed in summer
camps, temporary accommodation centres or institutionalised care in the Russian Federation, or how
many children were transferred there with their parents.40 Nevertheless, OHCHR has observed that
there is no functioning mechanism for the reunification of children with their relatives in Ukraine. IHL
prohibits forced transfers of civilians within an occupied territory, and deportation outside such
territory. It provides for a specific exception where an occupying power may undertake the
temporary evacuation of the civilian population from a given area for the security of the population
or imperative military reasons, or specifically of children where there are compelling reasons of
health or medical treatment. Whether such an exception is met needs to be determined in each
particular case.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

You know how people talk about how Cleopatra VII Ptolemy lived closer to the moon landings than the construction of the Great Pyramids? The Jewish people had a homeland in Europe longer than the Israelites lived in the Levant.

About 1000 years from Moses or David, depending on what you believe, to their traitorous rebellion against Rome. 1872 Years from their punishment in exile to the Final Solution, nearly twice as long. They've lived away from Palestine longer than they ever lived in it. That's in strictly traditional terms, which I'll admit gives the Zionists too much credit. In reality, Palestinians are the Israelites, who converted to Christianity and Islam.

So, writing articles in praise of the people who slaughtered 3 million Jews in the Pale of Settlement in the Holocaust By Bullets, often without ever seeing a German, it's a betrayal of the history of the Jewish people. It's sick to see the survivors fleeing from their homeland in Galicia - and the Baltics, and everywhere else a Jewish civilization flourished for a thousand years - to Israel as a good thing, and Ukrainian nationalists as neutral-to-allied to that project.

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 00:36 on Jul 13, 2023

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

sry to post my own tweet but too lazy to rehost these pics. Look at this nerd jerking off about how effeminate the West is. he lives safely in paris, ofc.

https://twitter.com/juegosnomas/status/1679272710394789890?t=NTiG78aI_1ggBX7qK0yqmA&s=19

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

The guy is on the Atlantic Council, because of course

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

quote:

Раньше всех. Ну почти. posted:
After June 24, companies associated with Yevgeny Prigozhin signed at least 9 contracts worth more than a billion rubles, RTVI found out.

The record-breaking customer was the Department of Education of Mytishchi near Moscow: for 705 million rubles, Prodfutservice will feed schoolchildren from 2023 to 2025.

Other customers include Moscow hospitals and schools, as well as the Artek children's camp.
You think Russia isn’t kidnapping children when there is an Aatrek children’s camp?Free the children.

stephenthinkpad posted:

LOL

---

Also, never got around to thank PunishedTurtle88 for the entertainment he provided, thank you!

🫡It was a team effort. the cyber war is heating up, safe out there everyone.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

A fedora wearing neckbeard?

I thought those died out a decade ago.

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009
Checked in on those Wagner guys I found on twitter a while back to see what they're up to:

https://twitter.com/AzraelOrchestra/status/1679232861566648320?s=20

https://twitter.com/Yoda_soldierrr/status/1679236306063314949?s=20

The second guy is from Estonia and seems to travel around Europe fine. I'm surprised the dog pervert brigade doesn't gangstalk these guys and get the one dude's passport pulled or something.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

The guy who just wants a spaghetti dinner is pretty wholesome

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Good news for Ukraine - Ukrainian forces are making further advances in the Bakhmut area and successfully held back the Russian offensive in the Kupyansk, Lyman, Avdiivka and Marinka directions.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/europe/live-news/russia-ukraine-war-news-07-12-23/index.html

5:12 p.m. ET, July 12, 2023

Ukraine claims further progress around Bakhmut and in southern Ukraine
From CNN's Yulia Kesaieva in Kyiv

Ukrainian forces are making further advances in the Bakhmut area and rebuffed Russian assaults elsewhere in the Donetsk region, according to officials.

Deputy Defense Minister Hanna Maliar said that Ukraine's defense forces successfully held back the Russian offensive in the Kupyansk, Lyman, Avdiivka and Marinka directions — all areas of the front lines where the Russians have made repeated attempts to break through Ukrainian defenses.

"In the Bakhmut sector, we conducted an offensive on the southern flank around Bakhmut... There is an advance. Now our defenders are consolidating their positions on the occupied lines," Maliar added.

Ukrainian forces have been trying to take higher ground on the northern and southern edges of the city.

CNN cannot verify Ukrainian accounts of battlefield gains.

In the south: Maliar said the military "continued their offensive today on the Melitopol and Berdiansk directions," and are "performing many tasks aimed at weakening the enemy."

She said because Ukrainian fighters destroyed a "large number of ammunition depots" the number of Russian attacks has decreased. Ukraine has stepped up missile and long-range artillery attacks on Russian logistics and command hubs in the south.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Imao gibbis

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

i don't know why you think i would give a gently caress about a link from you

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Regarde Aduck posted:

i don't know why you think i would give a gently caress about a link from you

I am not the OCHCR; I didn't write that. I don't think it's very "lol" what happens to these kids and their families.

gently caress, this was so heavily litigated the last time this thing went sideways that they put a rule about minimizing or justifying child abduction/relocation/kidnapping and the violations of IHL and Geneva conventions in bold text in the rules of the OP of this thread.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

mlmp08 posted:

I am not the OCHCR; I didn't write that. I don't think it's very "lol" what happens to these kids and their families.

that's cool, why do you keep telling me what you don't lol at?

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009

Endman posted:

The guy who just wants a spaghetti dinner is pretty wholesome

Spaghetti and a pile of mystery pills, the perfect meal.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Regarde Aduck posted:

that's cool, why do you keep telling me what you don't lol at?

You can lol at it all you want. There's a thread rule against minimizing or justifying child kidnapping, but maybe with a new mod, the rule has gone away.

Majorian posted:

[*]As was the case with this thread’s previous incarnation, we do not allow any bloodlust here. Don't call for the deaths of civilians, don't sound off about a massacre or a bombing being a false flag unless you have proof, don't post gore, do not try to justify or minimize Russia's outright kidnapping of Ukrainian children, etc etc. The previous thread got a lot better about this in its last several months, and I appreciate it immensely. Unfortunately, a handful of CSPAM regulars in QCS really hosed the pooch and that's why they got banned. So let's make this thread more like the old thread in its final months and less like the QCS thread.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
i'll nip this in the bud before a dumbfuck mod gets the wrong idea: the lol is because i don't believe Russia is 'kidnapping children'. I think war is a hosed up situation where people get moved about against their will because a war is on. It's horrible and thats why war shouldn't happen. Now gently caress off you disingenuous piece of poo poo

edit: don't know if that was just a majorian rule or not. But if i'm not allowed to disagree with that statement then i'll take whatever punishment. This is stupid as gently caress, the war is going on right now how can there be objectivity in the middle of a massive horrific war?

Regarde Aduck has issued a correction as of 01:11 on Jul 13, 2023

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

holding back the Russian offensive is a sign the Ukrainian offensive is succeeding

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Frosted Flake posted:

e: Like seriously, it seems like it's not just the memory of 1941-43 that's been thoroughly scrubbed away, but, minus the cats in Fievel, everything else about Jewish life in Europe too. It's like the official cultural memory within Zionism is Second Temple > traitorously murder your liberators at the King David Hotel > Nakba > AIPIC funds the Pizza-Burger Discotheque.

Hmm I wonder why the cultural memory of Jewish life in parts of Europe may "seem" to be thoroughly scrubbed. Must just be Zionism

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

mlmp08 posted:

gently caress, this was so heavily litigated the last time this thing went sideways that they put a rule about minimizing or justifying child abduction/relocation/kidnapping and the violations of IHL and Geneva conventions in bold text in the rules of the OP of this thread.

dipshit

speng31b
May 8, 2010

mlmp08 posted:

You can lol at it all you want. There's a thread rule against minimizing or justifying child kidnapping, but maybe with a new mod, the rule has gone away.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

was going to write up a whole thing about how i have warned you multiple times not to do this poo poo but i have recently been accused of modbrain, so to keep it a little shorter, gently caress off bitch

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

mlmp08 posted:

It's not very lol-worthy. It's just hosed up and wrong.

https://www.ohchr.org/sites/default/files/documents/countries/ukraine/2023/23-03-24-Ukraine-35th-periodic-report-ENG.pdf

quote:

70. It remains unclear how many unaccompanied children from Ukraine have been placed in summer
camps, temporary accommodation centres or institutionalised care in the Russian Federation, or how
many children were transferred there with their parents.40 Nevertheless, OHCHR has observed that
there is no functioning mechanism for the reunification of children with their relatives in Ukraine. IHL
prohibits forced transfers of civilians within an occupied territory, and deportation outside such
territory. It provides for a specific exception where an occupying power may undertake the
temporary evacuation of the civilian population from a given area for the security of the population
or imperative military reasons, or specifically of children where there are compelling reasons of
health or medical treatment.
Whether such an exception is met needs to be determined in each
particular case.

??????

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

remember when someone posted something that said returning the children was also a war crime

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
So far this NATO summit is pretty lackluster, any plot twist worthy news item to talk about?

Is it over or there will be more announcements live stream tomorrow?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

stephenthinkpad posted:

So far this NATO summit is pretty lackluster, any plot twist worthy news item to talk about?

It is over now. I did a watch thread of about a days worth of interviews and panels if you want to read summaries of psycho poo poo.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4036386&pagenumber=8&perpage=40

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
free mlmp88

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

ukriane got nowhere at the nato summit. they didn’t get any new weapons or anything.

afaict

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

euphronius posted:

ukriane got nowhere at the nato summit. they didn’t get any new weapons or anything.

afaict

a picture says 1000 words

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

stephenthinkpad posted:

It looks like it went pretty well. Plenty of happy people talking and catching up. Unfortunately this particular photo was partially blocked by an itinerant vagabond.

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

euphronius posted:

afaict

The wilful self-delusion inherent to the nature of a tankie must have made your eyes selectively glide past the news that Australia had pledged an additional 30 Bushmasters to Ukraine during the NATO summit.

Good news for Ukraine - Australia will donate an additional 30 Bushmaster protected mobility vehicles to Ukraine, taking the total number to 120 (including Australia's previous commitment of 90 Bushmasters)

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2023/jul/12/australia-to-give-ukraine-another-30-bushmaster-military-vehicles

Australia to give Ukraine another 30 Bushmaster military vehicles
Wed 12 Jul 2023 12.32 BST

Australia will donate an additional 30 Bushmaster protected mobility vehicles to Ukraine, Anthony Albanese has announced.

The prime minister met with Ukraine’s president, Volodomyr Zelenskiy, on the sidelines of the Nato summit in Lithuania on Wednesday night, where he pledged further military aid to support the country in its fight against Russia.

The package builds on Australia’s previous commitment of 90 Bushmasters, taking the total number to 120.

Australia has provided more than $710m in military aid, with overall support reaching a total of $890m.

Albanese said Australia remained steadfast in its commitment to support Ukraine and said it was proud to provide the additional vehicles “to assist the brave men and women fighting for their home and their nation’s sovereignty”.

“Australia will continue to stand with Ukraine for as long as is necessary and we will continue to provide support for Ukraine…” Albanese said after his meeting with Zelenskiy.

“We understand that in today’s interconnected world, Ukraine is not just fighting for its own national sovereignty it is fighting for the international rule of law to be applied, and this is a struggle that has implications for the entire world.

Zelenskiy expressed his gratitude after the meeting.

“Thank you! A powerful new defence package, including 30 Bushmasters,” he wrote on the Telegram app.

Australia this week announced a further step in its support for Ukraine – the deployment of an RAAF E-7A Wedgetail aircraft to protect the flow of assistance.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

*Kevin Eubanks voice*

Lmao

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

euphronius posted:

afaict

they actually went backwards if you consider the Online front. the pictures of zelenskyy were a huge blow to morale, the memes basically write themselves

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

euphronius posted:

afaict

Yeah they're doomed. It's over.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

speng31b posted:

got some ideas?

Hell no, that's part of why I don't ever post in GBS.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Morbus posted:

Hmm I wonder why the cultural memory of Jewish life in parts of Europe may "seem" to be thoroughly scrubbed. Must just be Zionism

That’s why they should not be writing articles in praise of the Eastern European nationalist half of the equation.

Not least because they celebrate the people who did the Holocaust and think it was good, but also as Tyrell Starr unwittingly showed, they have made the Jewish history “an enigma”.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Nothus posted:

Yeah they're doomed. It's over.

I'm sure zelenskyy still has a move or two left