Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

white lotus season 2 wasn't nearly as good as severance. looks like that show got totally jobbed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
they got what they deserved for those last few episodes

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Not really? Tom's gonna win easily.

Oh it's only 3 shows lol I'm dumb.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

mcmagic posted:

Not really? Tom's gonna win easily.

Oh it's only 3 shows lol I'm dumb.
it's gonna blow your mind, but you miscounted

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

A Buttery Pastry posted:

it's gonna blow your mind, but you miscounted

lol true! tom is still gonna win easily.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

End of an era for HBO anyhow. It's gonna be all reality trash this time next year.
The CEO knows the piggies want their slop

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
can't wait for the new season of Real Sex

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

End of an era for HBO anyhow. It's gonna be all reality trash this time next year.
The CEO knows the piggies want their slop

Good Riddance!

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 56 days!

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

can't wait for the new season of Real Sex

for sure, especially now that i'm probably around the same general age & physique of the weird uggos that comprised 90% of the show's material vs the 10% of actual sexy people i wanted to see when i was a teenager

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

why didnt he just shoot him with an arrow when he ran off???

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 56 days!

Clip-On Fedora posted:

too owned

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Tom is gonna win but Alan Ruck deserves it

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

i thought the Northman sucked rear end but i guess he did what was required of him in it.

i think i liked him in Hold the Dark, which also kind of sucked rear end.

You're incredibly wrong about Northman but basically correct about Hold the Dark

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

it's a mid-grade thriller with way too high an opinion of itself, but the shooting scene is legitimately brutal and unsettling

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!
I don't concern myself with lesser Skarsgaards

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

three eps in Witcher S3 is significantly better than S2 but still not near S1

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

StashAugustine posted:

You're incredibly wrong about Northman but basically correct about Hold the Dark

sometimes you make a the vvitch and sometimes you make a the northman.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

POWELL CURES KIDS posted:

it's a mid-grade thriller with way too high an opinion of itself, but the shooting scene is legitimately brutal and unsettling

yeah that scene's good. the problems with the movie all come from the book which also kinda sucked.

jeremy saulnier should do a good movie again, as a treat.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/StolenDans/status/1678965450812850176?t=BO-eDTYYG5n8dX7ToB0svg&s=19

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

don't doxx me

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

mission impossible got some lucky timing with the first scene starting with a sub exploding and the bad guy being artificial intelligence

ok but maybe i missed something (i couldn't hear this bit of dialogue) — why did the paris lady betray gabriel? because ethan spared her

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

yes. also there were subtitles

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

indigi posted:

yes. also there were subtitles

not when she was talking to gabriel after he killed cary elwes?

also lol every time they said THE ENTITY

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Fighting Elegy posted:

I don't concern myself with lesser Skarsgaards

thats the spirit

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

mission impossible got some lucky timing with the first scene starting with a sub exploding and the bad guy being artificial intelligence

ok but maybe i missed something (i couldn't hear this bit of dialogue) — why did the paris lady betray gabriel? because ethan spared her

that part was a bit weird. spoilers for the new mission impossible  as you said, first hunt saved her life. then gabriel told her that she was going to betray him, because hunt saved her life, but he kind of said it like he'd need her as an inside woman in IMF. but it was the entity that told gabriel that she'd betray him, so technically that may actually be what's happening? like i said, i'm not a 100%, guess we'll have to wait till next one for it to really make sense.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

everyone was talkin about the drat CRUCIFORM it’s like what is this the priest’s story from hyperion???

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

also lol every time they said THE ENTITY

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Cao Cao has tricked Yuan Shao into facing all his archers towards the rising sun, blinding them.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Yah well Yuan Shao or whatever is RIGHT THERE so why doesn't he just shoot him with an arrow or I dunno use some kind of Chinese throwing sword

and why the gently caress weren't his archers wearing SUNGLASSES???

Fuckin ponderous man

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

could a hsld operator kill lu bu

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
Here we go.

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1679401409593090048?t=sKzmHRtPCvTQHOhy2O-BQg&s=19

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1679433373666746370?s=20

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

lol

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

I mean you are absolutely allowed to simply like [Starship Troopers] as an entertainment product and appreciate the film-making on display. The CGI is probably some of the best we ever got in that decade and honestly they were good enough using the tech that it at times looks good enough to be a modern film. There's a lot of really great miniature work as well which, sadly, has been disappearing from film as a medium. I'm a huge huge fan of Phil Tippet's works though!

I personally have always considered it to be kind of a black comedy more than anything else since most people outside of Rico and Ace in training don't get promoted without the higher up getting brutally killed in a battle iirc and there's a lot of stuff like "ah ha! mobile infantry made me the man I am today!" and he's missing limbs and Razchak orders rico to field-execute him instead of just field-evacuating him right there. I'm just rewatching that specific scene but I don't really see anything preventing Rico and others to just pick the dude up and put him on the boat. There's also oddly anti-fascist things like how women generally have equality but also need a license to have babies, and preventing women from having babies and letting them serve in the military and/or pursue careers is explicitly not something fascists really jive with and I'm convinced that Veerhoven put that in because the original book is rather dismissive of women in uniform outside of noting they can look cute dolled up in military outfits.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The second half of the movie was great. The first half of the movie blew and was nothing but "Beverly Hills 90210: In Space"

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

gradenko_2000 posted:

quote:

I'm doing my part!

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
I watched Soldier of Orange recently and I think Verhoeven is one of the best to ever do it

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

The second half of the movie was great. The first half of the movie blew and was nothing but "Beverly Hills 90210: In Space"

Yeah I do get that the point is that the protagonists are all vapid morons but spending 45 minutes of your action movie convincing me of that succeeds a little too much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

everyone was talkin about the drat CRUCIFORM it’s like what is this the priest’s story from hyperion???

lol i auto-completed the second half of this post in my head