Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Grape posted:

Just double checking here, but is Ted Rall asking why the US doesn't have poor minorities protesting/rioting over police abuse?

You'll notice he doesn't mention police abuse as a problem the US has! He's only asking why poor minorities aren't protesting over the problems that affect Ted Rall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

By popular demand posted:

There's nothing more of value to know (except he's also nazi adjacent) unless you care about the gradual process of really stupid mental degeneration.

The honest hope when Obama got elected is pretty sad given all that's happened since.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on King Charles’ meeting with Joe Biden – The US president met the king to discuss how to tackle the climate crisis on a visit to the UK for talks on Ukraine"

Telegraph:

Ukraine to be offered ‘Nato-lite’ protection

Matt:

Huw Edwards latest: Presenter at centre of BBC sex scandal named by wife

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Cloud Potato posted:

Independent:

Joe, you said once I decided to follow you,
You'd walk with me all the way.
But I noticed that during the saddest and most troublesome times of my life,
there was only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why, when I needed You the most, You would leave me.

Joe whispered, "And the duck says 'I'll have the lasagna.'
I'll have the lasagna.
That's the joke, Jack. No malarkey."

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Cloud Potato posted:

Evening Standard:

Kellies Nomination: Most Opposite of Reality

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Skios posted:

Steve Kelley

Kelley most likely only read the (terrible) headline of the article he's referencing, but it's one of those "we accidentally made Biden look cool" jobs:

quote:

• Some administration officials, many of whom went to elite schools, struggle with Biden's demand to ditch wonky, acronym-filled language and brief him as if they were talking to a close family member who isn't in the D.C. bubble.
  • Being yelled at by the president has become an internal initiation ceremony in this White House, aides say — if Biden doesn't yell at you, it could be a sign he doesn't respect you.
  • In January 2022, he was caught on a hot mic calling Fox News' Peter Doocy a "stupid son of a bitch."
  • [Connaughton] told of a time during the 2008 presidential campaign when a 23-year-old fundraising staffer got into the car with Biden. "Okay, senator, time to do some fundraising calls," the aide said. Biden responded by looking at him and snapping: "Get the gently caress out of the car."

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Craig K posted:

i honestly wonder how much of sinfest's readership would be lost by this thread implementing a threadban on it lol

like, a noticable percent or what

Probably nil. I mean, yeah, we were technically reading it, but it was being posted on here. It isn't like we were going to his actual website, outside of the few brave souls who went diving to bring us the poo poo pearls to begin with, so we weren't technically affecting his readership numbers in any real capacity to begin with.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Australia signs up to the Climate Club alliance, Albanese announces in Berlin (ABC).

Lethbridge:

Australia to make, export Boxer armed carrier to Germany (Reuters).

Rowe:

Reserve Bank governor Philip Lowe announces big changes to RBA board (ABC). Lowe's term is up in September and while he says he hopes he will be reinstated most experts opinions on that are lol, lmao.

Wilcox:

Spooner:

Treasurer Jim Chalmers and Climate Change & Energy minister Chris Bowen.

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple

Uh, perfect? Now buses can use the road to transport many passengers efficiently and garbage trucks and delivery vans can use the road to make their rounds faster than ever…

Even if you love to drive, what kind of absolute dumbass wants to drive around sit in constant wall to wall traffic in NYC? The clutch thing to do if you’re driving into the city has always been to park at a park and ride near the highway and take the train/bus in.

King Carnivore fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jul 13, 2023

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
"Oh no, we solved traffic! gently caress!!"

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble

By popular demand posted:

Whenever people get deep into discussing the intricacies of human biological sex I feel out of my element and not entirely happy that is the subject.
And of course then I get reminded the whole reason this subject comes up is because mad TERFs use it to oppress people just trying to live their lives!

I know we all know that the “gently caress your feelings” crowd are the most feelings-driven, but it’s truly remarkable how monumentally true that is in the trans rights sphere. They’re 100% just squeamish about one of the corollaries of the obvious fact that we’re all made of programmable meat. And then they have the impudence, the god damned temerity, to claim that they’re standing up for science, the science they learned in year 5 that you’re supposed to unlearn later if you make it to university science. And even then, for the benefit of any “two genders” fuckheads in the room, let the record show that my primary school taught me the difference between gender and sex, and that there are at least three genders.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Clay Bennett

Jeff Danziger

Pippi's gonna get herself shot?

Lisa Benson

Jeff Stahler

"I'm taking the suitcases so you can tell the kids I went to that farm upstate."

Matt Davies

Lee Judge

Mike Smith

Kirk Walters

So the child is now Batboy?

John Branch

Jimmy Margulies

Ed Gamble

David M. Hitch

Randall Enos - Thread Threat

Dave Whamond

Bill Bramhall

Mike Thompson

Ann Telnaes

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Has The Nib always made its cartoons about whatever garbage headline it can find?

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

Ahahahaha

Reagan? Out of all the guys to compare this to you're going with loving Reagan? Guy who had his CIA very intentionally turn a blind eye to cocaine drug trafficking because the money was going to the Contras?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Kchama posted:

Has The Nib always made its cartoons about whatever garbage headline it can find?

Yeah.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Kchama posted:

Yes, always.

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

Ben Garrison posted:

DISNEY’S CLUSTER BOMBERS
Cartoon published 07/11/2023

The Walt Disney Corporation is on a losing streak. They’ve lost nearly one billion dollars on their last nine movies combined. They are looking at a 70% drop in box office revenue over the last four years.

Fight Back Against Corruption with a small Donation! Support Cartoons and Save America

They are losing to films such as “Sound Of Freedom,” a current box office hit that was made by Santa Fe Films with only 1/20th of the budget of Disney’s latest “Indiana Jones” film. The latter was meant to be a summer blockbuster. Instead, it is another huge bust for Disney. Indiana Jones was made into a pathetic figure—probably because he was a strong, heroic, and resourceful white male—and that’s not compatible with the globalist’s anti-straight white male agenda. Nobody wants to see a beloved franchise hero getting humiliated by a rudely obnoxious female. Disney also destroyed ‘Star Wars’ with similar woke methods. How can the experts at Disney not have known that nobody wants to see their heroes ruined? People are starting to avoid all things Disney, just like they are avoiding Bud Light beer.

STAY UP TO DATE WITH NEW CARTOONS! SIGN UP FOR OUR GRRR-NEWS! IT’S EASY AND FREE!
Nobody wanted to see Disney’s “Strange World,” which featured a teenaged gay love story. Parents want their children entertained, not indoctrinated. That 2022 film lost Disney nearly 200 million dollars. Go woke; go broke.

Disney acquired successful companies including Lucasfilm, Pixar, and Marvel—but now, because of their woke agenda, they’ve turned those money-making franchises into money-hemorrhaging serial failures. Disney’s CEO, Bob Iger, has earned the ire of both moviegoers and shareholders alike. (An exception may be the woke-pushing BlackRock, which owns over 6 percent of Disney). It’s time for Iger to abandon woke-ism and make films that families actually want to see.

Disney needs to keep politics, propaganda, and social engineering out of their movies. Right now they’re making Walt Disney spin in his grave.

— The GrrrTeam

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Guess I can get why it's shutting down. I've personally always ignored their cartoons since they've been 90% :words: and 10% Post-Apocalyptic Mutants.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Kchama posted:

It's not like every other cartoon in the thread isn't also about some headline or event. The Nib just puts the headline directly in it instead of having a character awkwardly standing around with an oversized newspaper in hand or whatever.

Also sending cluster munitions to Ukraine is kind of a big deal, not "whatever garbage headline".

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Did they expect something different from a president who's dedicated his career to exploding foreign kids?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Kellies nomination:
Worst concern trolling, gaslighting

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021
I could disprove a bunch of these cartoons, like how the economy is doing better, and a bunch of these Disney movies are failing because they're just lovely loving movies, but...I'm tired. I'm too exhausted to care anymore.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Also the Disney movies are winning in the department of extending the copyright laws, which is the only reason Disney makes them.

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble

Kikas posted:

Also the Disney movies are winning in the department of extending the copyright laws, which is the only reason Disney makes them.

How does making a new movie extend the copyright of an old movie?

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

VitalSigns posted:

Did they expect something different from a president who's dedicated his career to exploding foreign kids?

I know it's clear in context, but that's pretty much every president of the USA since like Nixon or something. Notably except Trump

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

It's not like every other cartoon in the thread isn't also about some headline or event. The Nib just puts the headline directly in it instead of having a character awkwardly standing around with an oversized newspaper in hand or whatever.

Also sending cluster munitions to Ukraine is kind of a big deal, not "whatever garbage headline".

It's not really a big deal if you know anything about the conflict. Which is to say that Russia already has been using cluster munitions regularly since 2014, and Ukraine has been to a much lesser extent. The ones we're sending Ukraine are less lovely then the ones they already have, which are old and are much more prone to failure. Russia already uses them regularly on Ukrainian civilians, so it's not like Biden not sending them will protect civilians from them.

I'm no fan of cluster munitions, but the headline makes it seem like neither side has cluster munitions nor use them already. That's why it's a garbage headline.

Kchama fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Jul 13, 2023

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

The new Indiana Jones movie completely crushed the competition at the box office, so did the Little Mermaid. The problem with the Indiana Jones movie is that it cost so much that it still failed to make much of a profit. And the trilogy has always had female characters that didn't like him. Marion punches him, Willie Scott constantly berates him and Elsa turns out to be a nazi that only faked liking him.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Al Goodwyn

Andy Marlette

Bob Gorrell

Chip Bok

Michael Ramirez

Mike Luckovich

Steve Breen

Tom Stiglich

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

The Artificial Kid posted:

How does making a new movie extend the copyright of an old movie?

Having rights to an intelectual property, like say Little Mermaid or Dumbo, requires the holder to actually do something with it, else it becomes public domain. Disney wrote these laws to prey on dead authors for their stories without compensation, and as a consequence have to make new stories with their existing IPs.

Feb 28, 2007

1️⃣
Just another number.

Holy poo poo, a non-hateful Goodwyn cartoon!

It's even almost a decent joke, though "lab-grown" would probably be better than "genetically engineered".

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Still not sure what the point is supposed to be. Yeah, tastes like chicken is the old joke for an unusual food being a bit bland, but "haha they did all that work and it just tastes like poultry without the mass bird cruelty" isn't the own he thinks it is if that's what he was going for.

Dylan16807
May 12, 2010

Kikas posted:

Having rights to an intelectual property, like say Little Mermaid or Dumbo, requires the holder to actually do something with it, else it becomes public domain. Disney wrote these laws to prey on dead authors for their stories without compensation, and as a consequence have to make new stories with their existing IPs.

Needing to keep IP active is trademark not copyright. And you don't need to make new movies to hang onto a trademark.

Copyright running out is on a fixed schedule. A new movie won't affect the old movie, and once the old movie is public domain people can use anything they want from it.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

My new tactic for dealing with these assholes is to constantly remind everyone exactly what they're so terrified of, using the definition of woke graciously provided by Ron DeSantis' legal team.

Edit: a black hole actually fits here since black holes, much like systemic racism to conservatives, are impossible to see. I think I did an AGC.

The Islamic Shock fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Jul 13, 2023

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Kchama posted:

It's not really a big deal if you know anything about the conflict. Which is to say that Russia already has been using cluster munitions regularly since 2014, and Ukraine has been to a much lesser extent. The ones we're sending Ukraine are less lovely then the ones they already have, which are old and are much more prone to failure. Russia already uses them regularly on Ukrainian civilians, so it's not like Biden not sending them will protect civilians from them.

I'm no fan of cluster munitions, but the headline makes it seem like neither side has cluster munitions nor use them already. That's why it's a garbage headline.

Children still get blown up from cluster munitions dropped decades ago, it is a big deal and their use isn't justified by someone else using them too wtf

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

The Islamic Shock posted:

My new tactic for dealing with these assholes is to constantly remind everyone exactly what they're so terrified of, using the definition of woke graciously provided by Ron DeSantis' legal team.

Edit: a black hole actually fits here since black holes, much like systemic racism to conservatives, are impossible to see. I think I did an AGC.

Finally an excuse to post a joke that's lived rent-free in my head for decades

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG3Lu9jW8IQ

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

1 posted:

Holy poo poo, a non-hateful Goodwyn cartoon!

It's even almost a decent joke, though "lab-grown" would probably be better than "genetically engineered".

Yeah, but "genetically engineered" sounds less appetizing than "lab-grown", and I'm figuring Goodwyn is anti-lab meat, so he's going to go with the genetically engineered tag.
Though yeah, this one definitely hits closer to "Oops, I remembered to tell a joke"

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I think the joke might be that we should be aware that our chickens are already genetically engineered, which is why genetically engineered meat tastes like chicken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Censorship: Not being able to see throbbing drugged-up mandick. The worst kind of mandick, to steal a joke from Cody Johnson.