Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i like the joke where when she texts the messages take twice as long to appear as everyone else's and are just TRAIN? Y/N

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
To be clear, the joke is that she doesn't know how to type well. She's rather well-spoken in person.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

Snooze Cruise posted:

rean's best girlfriend is jusis and i will never be convinced otherwise. yes yes i know crow!!!

tbh I was thinking this but figured maybe people who had played 3-4 knew something I didn’t

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
affinity remains the big "what were they thinking" system in the first xenoblade chronicles. so many handshake icons that will never leave my map

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jusis has one boyfriend already and he wears glasses and is a huge nerd.

No game, I don't care how often Millium tells Jusis he is going to totally be thrilled by her giant breasts when she grows up and that they are on a date, I refuse to accept another Tita and Agate.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the jusis/millium thing really doesnt feel like tita and agate tbh, they're only a couple years apart. millium's 15 in cs2, jusis is 18, that isnt that weird really

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

nah, as one example if anything ffta encourages MORE just random walking around between map points because the mission system isnt too different from fft errands but now theres also laws meaning how you choose to walk around lets you game combats. kinda annoying in that respect

I think the only ones I ever waited out was poo poo like banned: melee

Everything else I just reshuffled my party like a masterful tactician for (or used the anti law cards)

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Jusis has one boyfriend already and he wears glasses and is a huge nerd.

Unfortunately he's better with Rean.

Feel for Machias though.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

Erg posted:

Everything else I just reshuffled my party like a masterful tactician for (or used the anti law cards)

yeah but if theres any that good then someone with a weaker party and/or more investment in being optimal would seek out more of em

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Endorph posted:

i mean if you're looking at the series like homework instead of a thing you play to have fun then you can skip all of them if you want. thats not a 'get out scrub' thing i just mean you shouldnt really be looking at stuff like that imo

sky 3 isnt that long and i like it a fair bit so id recommend playing it if you liked sky 1 and 2

Look. I want to play them. But I also want to be caught up. I've played Sky 1 before to completion, enjoyed it, then haven't gone back for long enough I'm barely remembering most of the cast, so it's just a lot and it'd be nice to make it more manageable. While also assuaging my dumb completionist brain that has also guaranteed I cannot play Yakuza: Like a Dragon yet because I have not finished the Kiryu games.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
One thing I really like with Laura too is she makes the first move on Rean. (Well if you progress the romance path of course). It's just a neat change compared to most JRPG romance interests only receiving the protagonist's confession.

Also just to briefly circle back to Tales of Berseria hats, Eizen with the Top Hat on is canon and I refuse to accept otherwise :colbert:. It just completes his outfit perfectly.

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

I was a Rean/Gaius guy back in Cold Steel 1 but Gaius never got anything afterwards so that one sort of fell off.

I think I was like half way through CS4? I just got tired of having like 30 different characters, it felt so padded. I might get back to it at some point just to say I finished that arc off.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Erg posted:

I always avoided Copycat and any attacking adjacent enemies because there was something that kept tripping me up. It might've been trying to do AOE spells or something.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Besides Etrian Odyssey remasters, are there other dungeon crawling rpgs for switch or PS5 that are worth playing?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Some of the promo screenshots of Ys X are of a brown-arse dungeon. Didn't we get enough of those in the last one?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

:bighow:

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

WaltherFeng posted:

Besides Etrian Odyssey remasters, are there other dungeon crawling rpgs for switch or PS5 that are worth playing?

The Mary Skelters are supposed to be OK. If memory serves the first game is built into MS2.

Saviors of Sapphire Wings/Stranger of Sword City: Revisited is another 2 in 1 worth a look. I didn't like them as much as EO

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Did Labyrinth of Touhou get a switch release or am I making that up

Barudak
May 7, 2007

WaltherFeng posted:

Phantasy Star 1 for Switch
Operencia

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Leraika posted:

that was JP only.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
got to the part of ffxvi where you have a super saiyan kaiju battle. sorry i mean the one after that. no the one after that one

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

LibrarianCroaker posted:

The Mary Skelters are supposed to be OK. If memory serves the first game is built into MS2.

Its a bit more than that. OG game had huge maps, that version brings it down to the much more manageable MS2 size. Also also other changes where the devs say the play order is to play two before the new version of one.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

The Colonel posted:

got to the part of ffxvi where you have a super saiyan kaiju battle. sorry i mean the one after that. no the one after that one

I love that bit :D

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
honestly have nothing but respect for the fact that cbu3's first idea when getting to make a singleplayer final fantasy game was to combine the basic tone and narrative structural ideas of tactics with asura's wrath

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

oh, those fights do just sorta play out like .hack gu avatar battles huh

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Snooze Cruise posted:

Its a bit more than that. OG game had huge maps, that version brings it down to the much more manageable MS2 size. Also also other changes where the devs say the play order is to play two before the new version of one.

they can't stop me from having a miserable experience and playing 1 OG --> 2 --> 1 new --> finale

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Leraika posted:

There seems to be both a Touhou Genso Wanderer Reloaded and a Touhou Genso Wanderer -Lotus Labyrinth R- on Nintendo Dot Com's online store, with English and Japanese releases.

Also reminded me that Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk and Labyrinth of Galleria: the Moon Society are both on Switch as well.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

The Colonel posted:

sonic frontiers ftw

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

disposablewords posted:

There seems to be both a Touhou Genso Wanderer Reloaded and a Touhou Genso Wanderer -Lotus Labyrinth R- on Nintendo Dot Com's online store, with English and Japanese releases.

Also reminded me that Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk and Labyrinth of Galleria: the Moon Society are both on Switch as well.

Iiirc Genso Wanderer is Shiren the Wanderer instead of Etrian Odyssey (e.g. random dungeons)

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
yeah but everyone should buy shiren wanderer 5, one of the best games ever made

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
they should make another shiren game about asuka the swordswoman

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

they should make a Goemon game where Yae is the protagonist

or like, any new Goemon game at all

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
goemon doesnt need to come back.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
well goemon 2 for snes and the n64 games were mostly okay i guess

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

The Colonel posted:

they should make another shiren game about asuka the swordswoman

nod nod nod nod

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i have bitter goemon feelings cause i played all the snes goemon games and my main takeaway was that 2 is like the only good one and they only get worse after that, 3 might be one of the worst zelda clones i've ever played

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
it was sobering to realize the goemons we got actually are the only good ones

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
is it wrong if I liked all the snes goemon games? I can get not liking 3 because of the overworld and how it's development was rushed but I still think the other snes games are fun

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jul 13, 2023

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Meowywitch posted:

they should make a Goemon game where Yae is the protagonist

or like, any new Goemon game at all

best we can do is a new Legally Distinct From Ganbare Goemon game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpA8YHzoInY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Willo567 posted:

is it wrong if I liked all the snes goemon games?

i would be very confused about what there is to like about goemon 3 or 4